I am an Enigmaniac
Feb 29, 2004
Earth. any questions?
✟7,907.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
HAve you guys ever encounter a lot of people whom they find their gf/bf in their church? I don't know about you but i do (a lot). Can somebody explain this? WHy must they find their mate in the church? It is not like other places do not have members of the opposite sex anyway. What about WalMart? Is there some sort of strong magnetic force between those church-goers? Any explanation is very very appreciated. thank you.

klewlis

cur tu me vexas?
Jan 27, 2004
Edmonton
Visit site
✟8,928.00
Faith
Christian
It's natural to look for people who have the same interests and values as you. The church is a great place to do that because you already know you have some things in common, right off the bat. It also greatly increases the chances of meeting people who are genuine Christians--whereas if you meet someone in WalMart they could be ANYONE.

Upvote 0

Apollonian

Anachronistic Philosopher
Dec 25, 2003
US
✟8,398.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I have a really great youth group at University. But alas, it seems that all of the appropriate women are taken (married or engaged) or otherwise unavailable.

At least at this stage in my life I am content with my work consuming my time, but eventually it would be nice to find someone who is in the same youth group so that we have a common activity. Otherwise, it's real hard trying to get to know someone without really knowing what they believe.

Hence, people of your same church are a near sure bet as to having similar values. Now all I need is someone who has similar values and can stand living with my rampant intellectualism and occaissional loquaicious obfuscation (the elaborate usage of many large words with obscure meaning)

-Apollonian

Upvote 0

hockeysistah12

Jun 19, 2004
Bellflower,Ca
Visit site
✟8,233.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
It is no better in the church because the church also have sheeps in wolves clothing as well. I have to disagree with many of you because many people in "the church" are not following the Lord as well.

What am I trying to say? we need to make sure these people bear fruit and not have this "lip service."

Upvote 0

Spicy McHaggis

I don't know nothin 'bout birthin no babies
Apr 30, 2002
Chicagoland
✟29,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Caelda said:
HAVE you walked into a Walmart lately?!?! That place scares me! :help: :help:
Try Target.

As for girls in church, for me, I don't know. Most of them seem like we're on two different levels of spiritual maturity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MrsGnomeCrusher

Veteran
Mar 17, 2004
Manitoba, Canada
✟10,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
iklepac13 said:
Try Target.

Don't worry, I usually shop there rather than WallyWorld because of the fact that it scares me.

Usually college kids or marrieds. This place is full of married. Only place you can find singles is in the bars/clubs.

As for girls in church, for me, I don't know. Most of them seem like we're on two different levels of spiritual maturity.

There's not anyone my age there. Figure I'll start hitting on the 90-year olds. Worth a shot!

Upvote 0

Spicy McHaggis

I don't know nothin 'bout birthin no babies
Apr 30, 2002
Chicagoland
✟29,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Caelda said:
There's not anyone my age there. Figure I'll start hitting on the 90-year olds. Worth a shot!
Hey, the older the berry the sweeter the juice right? :amen:

Gotta back out of this conversation before I attempt to speak my ind on the women I've met in church, too much opportunity to be mis-read:)

Upvote 0

Tuffguy

Speed Racer
Jun 2, 2004
Farmington, CT
Visit site
✟4,610.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
iklepac13 said:
Try Target.

Yeah,,target is full of hot coeds in my town. I went there the other day and got a severe case of whiplash. :)
Walmart is good for food shopping, but its like shopping in a trailer park.

Upvote 0

silwJC7

Mar 18, 2004
Austin, TX
✟218.00
Faith
Non-Denom
God says that you marry a person who has the same beliefs as you do--fellow Christians. And, church is a common place where God brings the 2 together. However, He can also use other places, it just depends on His timing and plan for you. But, let's keep our focus on Him during church and not on trying to find a mate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

songz777

Spouse first strengthens your marriage
Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
silwJC7 said:
God says that you marry a person who has the same beliefs as you do--fellow Christians. And, church is a common place where God brings the 2 together. However, He can also use other places, it just depends on His timing and plan for you. But, let's keep our focus on Him during church and not on trying to find a mate.
Yes I agree with this; I know for sure that the Lord could make us meet any where, He is all powerful; we are not limited to church / circles but generally that would be the most likely way our God would work. Dont limit His providing ability just to church.
Bless you john

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it does no good just to be "in church" to try and meet a mate. Because number one, you shouldn't be going to church with that as a priority. and two, you are never going to find your mate unless you are "in God's will". And y ou could be in God's will even outside the church on a trip to walmart ;).

Reactions: songz777
Upvote 0

invisiblebabe

He will restore the years the locust hath eaten
Feb 12, 2004
Second star to the right, and straight on 'til mor
✟20,234.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
iklepac13 said:
Try Target.

AHAHAHAHAHA! I was a Target slave.... er, employee ;) for nearly four years. About seven of my co-workers showed interest in me at one point or another. Only two were anywhere near what woulda been my type. But I have some interesting stories from there.... from fake secret admirer notes, to workers shouting "Te quiero!" at me from across the aisle. Ahhh the good old days :D

I have a couple quality prospects now, though.... what is it with me and grad students? :cool: Guess my mom wasn't kidding when she told me to go three or four years older. ;)

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
haha cause they are just there to find a girlfriend or wife and are too desperate and think that perverted remarks/jokes and suggestions are charming. yuck! Also many of them stare at girls in a weird way. It just makes all the girls in the singles group feel uncomfortable. Honestly I find that a man that is pursuing the Lord because he loves the Lord and not as a ploy to impress someone, is much more attractive. Like the sincerety of following God for the right reasons has to be there.

Upvote 0