May 28, 2011
Kansas, USA
✟7,676.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have Asperger's Syndrome.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope that you're getting everything relating to that worked out.

I guess I'm just trying to say that I understand what you're going through.

If you say so. I though I was a crossdresser at one point, too. I prayed for years that God would make me not want to wear those icky women's clothes... then I started hormones, and now I fill out my clothing a whole lot better(/badjoke). You grew out of something. Just like I grew out of playing with toys, wanting to eat nothing but macaroni and cheese, and refusing to take a bath after a long day of playing in the mud. One doesn't simply "grow out" of an identity. This has little do to with clothing or whether I played with Barbie dolls or GI Joes as a kid (I would have opted for the GI Joes), but more to do with who I am as a person. I am a woman. Plain and simple. I mean, right now, I'm in a Megadeth T-shirt, a pair of denim shorts, and a pair of tennies. Why? 'Cos they're comfy, and perform the function of covering my shameful nakedness. Do I like to dress up? Sure! I love putting on my make-up and my Sunday best to go to Church! Will God love me any less if I decide to go in my Megadeth T-Shirt? By all means no! Which brings me to...

Now that I've said this, I want to ask you if God ever convicts you for being transgender. When we come to Christ we should be willing to turn from our old sinful ways. Have you ever thought that God made you the way He wants you to be? He loves you and wants to use you to serve Him. I pray that you're willing to give up your self and earthy desires so that He can truly use you.

In short: no. Why can't God use me now? Is the one who created me with the brain structure and function of a female and the body of a male incapable of handling me? If I have spent years acknowledging God on this specific issue (Prov. 3:5-6, Rom. 1:28, Jer. 29:11), only to find solace in letting go of my fears of people knowing my "filthy" secret (being trans), then how am I going against God's will? Maybe this is the way God wants me to be? Secure in myself rather than questioning what could be!

Now go find a church that doesn't judge other people :thumbsup:

I don't want a church that doesn't judge. As Christians, we're supposed to make judgments. However, I feel like many of the judgments about me and people like me are made in error. That being said, I want a Church with members who are willing to pull me aside when they see sin in my life. That's one of the earmarks, I believe, of good Christian fellowship, of friendship in general. However, when I have to deal with this same issue every time I try to serve and worship with a congregation, it makes me feel like I have no place in the Church, even though I know that is not true at all.

I am happy to report, though, that I visited a local United Church of Christ congregation, and shared Communion with them. I must say that I feel rekindled... and I had this song playing in my head the whole time:

Raise the Chalice

Last edited:
Upvote 0

New_Believer

May 6, 2011
Washington
✟16,144.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you say so. I though I was a crossdresser at one point, too. I prayed for years that God would make me not want to wear those icky women's clothes... then I started hormones, and now I fill out my clothing a whole lot better(/badjoke). You grew out of something. Just like I grew out of playing with toys, wanting to eat nothing but macaroni and cheese, and refusing to take a bath after a long day of playing in the mud. One doesn't simply "grow out" of an identity. This has little do to with clothing or whether I played with Barbie dolls or GI Joes as a kid (I would have opted for the GI Joes), but more to do with who I am as a person. I am a woman. Plain and simple. I mean, right now, I'm in a Megadeth T-shirt, a pair of denim shorts, and a pair of tennies. Why? 'Cos they're comfy, and perform the function of covering my shameful nakedness. Do I like to dress up? Sure! I love putting on my make-up and my Sunday best to go to Church! Will God love me any less if I decide to go in my Megadeth T-Shirt? By all means no! Which brings me to...

Thank you for not lashing out. I see now that I was in error by saying that I understand. I can understand it more than most people can but not fully. My situation is much different.

In short: no. Why can't God use me now? Is the one who created me with the brain structure and function of a female and the body of a male incapable of handling me? If I have spent years acknowledging God on this specific issue (Prov. 3:5-6, Rom. 1:28, Jer. 29:11), only to find solace in letting go of my fears of people knowing my "filthy" secret (being trans), then how am I going against God's will? Maybe this is the way God wants me to be? Secure in myself rather than questioning what could be!

The reason I ask is because I've felt that God is pushing me to change since I've been saved. I've become a more open and caring person, and more bold to speak about Him. But I know we all have our own personal convictions.

I don't want a church that doesn't judge. As Christians, we're supposed to make judgments. However, I feel like many of the judgments about me and people like me are made in error. That being said, I want a Church with members who are willing to pull me aside when they see sin in my life. That's one of the earmarks, I believe, of good Christian fellowship, of friendship in general. However, when I have to deal with this same issue every time I try to serve and worship with a congregation, it makes me feel like I have no place in the Church, even though I know that is not true at all.

When I say a church that doesn't judge, I mean a church that will not ostracize someone or whatever they were doing. I'm not saying we shouldn't hold each other accountable, but there's a right and a wrong way to do that.

I am happy to report, though, that I visited a local United Church of Christ congregation, and shared Communion with them. I must say that I feel rekindled... and I had this song playing in my head the whole time:

Good to hear.

Upvote 0

jennimatts

Blessed by God!
May 29, 2011
United States, Pacific Northwest
✟14,186.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
One doesn't simply "grow out" of an identity...

Secure in myself rather than questioning what could be!...

...I feel like many of the judgments about me and people like me are made in error. That being said, I want a Church with members who are willing to pull me aside when they see sin in my life. That's one of the earmarks, I believe, of good Christian fellowship, of friendship in general.

...I visited a local United Church of Christ congregation, and shared Communion with them. I must say that I feel rekindled...

Amen!

Amen!

Amen!

Praise God!

Upvote 0

jennimatts

Blessed by God!
May 29, 2011
United States, Pacific Northwest
✟14,186.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was going to start posting scripture about why transgenderism is wrong until I read this. I applaud you for this response.

I appreciate that you didn't arbitrarily condemn people like us the way many who call themselves Christian would. God can use more who are open to showing His love and kindness to the world.

I want to ask you if God ever convicts you for being transgender. When we come to Christ we should be willing to turn from our old sinful ways. Have you ever thought that God made you the way He wants you to be? He loves you and wants to use you to serve Him. I pray that you're willing to give up your self and earthy desires so that He can truly use you.

When I was young, I thought God was convicting me for this, but as I studied and prayed, God taught me that he loves me, and those feelings originated in the disapproval and prejudice of my parents. Before I decided to transition, even though I was absolutely convinced of my faith, that faith was rather week, as I had not fully put it into practice.

The reason I ask is because I've felt that God is pushing me to change since I've been saved. I've become a more open and caring person, and more bold to speak about Him. But I know we all have our own personal convictions.

Ultimately, I realized the scripture doesn't absolutely prohibit a person from having a sex change, and whether it's a sin depends on the motives for doing so. God had been convicting me for not living up to my potential as a Christian. As I prepared to transition, I made a commitment to be a virtuous and Godly woman.

Many would try to accuse me because of the possibility that it might have been a sin. I believe my motives were not sinful, and I don't believe I have sinned in undergoing sex reassignment. However, recognizing the possibility of being wrong about that, I have poured my heart out to God many times, believing that any sins are all forgiven in Christ. God has and continues to bless me far beyond what I ever imagined.

Upvote 0