NW England
✟1,048,537.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know if I have enough faith to be saved. Even the demons believe there is a God. I am afraid that I never had and will never be able to have saving faith.

All you need to do is have faith in Jesus.

Jesus was God. He came to earth to reconcile us to God, show us what he is like and give us eternal life.
John the Baptist said that he is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world, John 1:29. Jesus said that he came to give his life as a ransom for many, Mark 10:45, and that his blood was being shed for the forgiveness of sin, Matthew 26:28. Jesus was rejected, whipped, abandoned, mocked and crucified for you, so that you could come to God and have eternal life. HE has done it all. It is all from him - his gift to you.
If you believe that, fantastic; you are saved and have eternal life.
If you don't believe that yet but really want to, that's fine; God won't let you go, and there are many people, and resources, that can help you and answer your questions. Read the Gospels, learn about Jesus, look at his life and decide whether or not you can believe in what he said and did, and whether you want to trust him.

The demons believe in God - actually, they know he exists - but they don't want to know him, they have been so wicked and rejected him so many times that they can't repent. You are not like that; you want to repent, be saved and find peace.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,062,417.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
The Holy Spirit is a great assurancer of salvation... How to receive more of him...

1. The Outer Court - Justification - Faith to enter in.
2. The Altar - Salvation through the cross at Calvary.
3. The Laver - The clean effects of sanctification. Purity
4. Table of Showbread – Partaking of the Word of God. Bible study
5. Light at the Lightstand - Faith, hope, charity, joy, grace, spiritual fruit, etc.
6. The Golden Incense Altar - Prayer and Praise meetings.
7. The Holy of Holies - The Shekinah Glory and Baptism of the Holy Ghost.

Temple02_zpspfsona5h.gif

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's terrifying that I might not have been saved as a kid. How can I find God now? How could He possibly forgive what I've said and done? I don't think I have enough faith to be saved now if that's the case. It would be better to have not existed than to be messed up like this. I could end up in hell because I thought I was saved and my sins could be forgiven.

Hi deerglow,

As I said, you're in an excellent position of realizing that things may not be as you have always supposed them to be. I'd just go ahead and understand that you weren't saved at 5 years of age and just be done with worrying about that. You're not dead yet and you can still take God up on His offer. You were raised as a christian like I was. I was also baptized and went through all the 'stuff' that everybody was so overjoyed to see at a very young age, but I know I wasn't born again until I was 40. My grandfather was a god-fearing teacher of the truth all of his adult life. He graduated from seminary as a young man of 20 or so and practically died in his 80's still preaching. But, I say that to just point out that it was, therefore, important among family and friends that your children confess Jesus and be baptized and so I was. But, I can also tell you that I never loved God and really believed in my heart, as Jesus says we must, all the truth of God.

Here's what you do. First, go to your Father and talk to Him. Find a quiet place and pour out your heart and ask Him to give you a heart that seeks after Him. When I first realized what you're likely realizing today, I begged Him to give me a burning, unquenchable thirst to know Him. He did hear and answer that prayer and for about 2-3 years I was near constantly always studying God's word. I also asked in that prayer that He also give me the discernment and wisdom of the Holy Spirit as I began this journey of knowing Him through His word. God is good!!!!! He loves us and it is His hearts desire to be found by those who earnestly seek for HIm.

Second, start that journey of knowledge, wisdom and understanding by reading the Scriptures that He has provided for you to know Him. I like the way that pastor James MacDonald puts it. God wrote a book! Those who are lost in the world live with no understanding of the things of God and just can't seem to understand that -- God wrote a book!!! The Scriptures are not some willy-nilly writing of the thoughts and ideas of man. God wrote a book!!!

Finally, but really first, love the Lord your God. Now, this doesn't mean to just know that He exists or to hold the knowledge of what is written in the Scriptures. If you've ever had a boyfriend that you've just felt like life couldn't go on without him, that's exactly the way God's children feel about God. Oh, and BTW, the goal is not to be saved. The goal is to be born again. Those who are born again, born of the Spirit of the living and loving God...they will be saved on the day of God's judgment.

God bless you young one and I'm here to answer any questions that you have. See you in eternity.
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'm so scared. I want to be saved. I'm just not sure I believe once saved always saved. I thought I was saved, so many people on CF (not to say they're all bad people or false prophets) just seem like it's so easy and logical I wasn't saved. I'm afraid if I wasn't saved I have committed unpardonable sins and cannot be saved now.

Don't worry about it . When the prodial son returned, the father celebrated and held a banquet.

Upvote 0

MarysSon

Jan 5, 2017
Southern California
✟25,655.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have been a Christian since about four or five, although I had a period last year of identifying as atheist then Taoist. People say a true Christian would never do that. That I wasn't saved before, or if I was saved I've crossed an unforgivable line. Could I have been saved? It scares me so much, if I wasn't saved, and I blasphemed and had those soul-selling thoughts does this mean I am irreversibly condemned to hell? I was so sure I loved God growing up, I want to repent and have the love and trust I had before, but can I not be saved? Am I saved? I hate that I ever strayed. I was so depressed, I ran a blog of uplifting things that I noticed most came from Buddhism, which led me away. I never was convinced by Buddhism but I see what a lie Taoism was now. I just want to be saved. I want to be at peace. I need mercy. I hope I am not reprobate or beyond forgiveness. Is there any way that doubt doesn't mean I wasn't saved? Or do I even have a chance? What do I do?
Salvation is not a one time, slam dunk event.
It is a lifelong process - and we ALL stumble and fall during that process.

Jesus said that those who endure to the end will be saved and ANYBODY - even a person who claims to be saved - can LOSE his secure position(Matt. 5:13, Matt. 7:21, Rom. 11:22, Heb. 10:26-27, 2 Peter 2:20-22, 2 Peter 3:17, Rev. 3:5, Rev. 22:19).

As long as you have breath, you are NOT beyond forgiveness. There is ALWAYS time to repent until we die.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi deerglow,

Just wanted to point this other advice you've been given out to you. MarysSon replied to you?
Jesus said that those who endure to the end will be saved

Pay careful attention to what that says. Those who endure to the end WILL BE saved. We are not saved now. We are born again now and if we are born again now, then we 'will be saved' on the day of God's judgment. People ask all the time, "are you saved?" I tell everyone of them, "nope."

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

MarysSon

Jan 5, 2017
Southern California
✟25,655.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi deerglow,

Just wanted to point this other advice you've been given out to you. MarysSon replied to you?

Pay careful attention to what that says. Those who endure to the end WILL BE saved. We are not saved now. We are born again now and if we are born again now, then we 'will be saved' on the day of God's judgment. People ask all the time, "are you saved?" I tell everyone of them, "nope."

God bless you,
In Christ, ted
Another good response is, "I'm being saved."

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I have been a Christian since about four or five, although I had a period last year of identifying as atheist then Taoist. People say a true Christian would never do that. That I wasn't saved before, or if I was saved I've crossed an unforgivable line. Could I have been saved? It scares me so much, if I wasn't saved, and I blasphemed and had those soul-selling thoughts does this mean I am irreversibly condemned to hell? I was so sure I loved God growing up, I want to repent and have the love and trust I had before, but can I not be saved? Am I saved? I hate that I ever strayed. I was so depressed, I ran a blog of uplifting things that I noticed most came from Buddhism, which led me away. I never was convinced by Buddhism but I see what a lie Taoism was now. I just want to be saved. I want to be at peace. I need mercy. I hope I am not reprobate or beyond forgiveness. Is there any way that doubt doesn't mean I wasn't saved? Or do I even have a chance? What do I do?
You can't have repented and come back to the Lord unless the Holy Spirit drew you. IOW yes you are saved.

The Early Church wrestled with the problem of Apostaty, of those Christians who denied Christ, and later wanted to return to the Church. There was a minority who said, Absolutely not! But they were overruled. If those who apostatized confessed their sin and did penance, they were allowed back into fellowship, same as with any other serious sin.

I did the same thing as you. I too had spent my whole life as a baptized and believing Christian, very close to Christ. I walked the walk, and I knew the Lord. However, I became very disturbed over the Church's violent past, such as the conversion of the Saxons to Christianity at the point of the sword and the slaughter of those who would not. By far the biggest horror in my eyes was the Church's abuse of the Jews, discrimination, harassment, torture, and massacres. I came to feel that no true Church of God could do such things. And if the Church was false, then the Canon of the Bible which the Church put together was false, and the Christ who established the Church was false as well. With terrible sadness, I left Christ. I ended up exploring my roots in Orthodox Judaism.

But the more time that went by, the more I missed Jesus. I missed Eucharist. I missed confession. I began going back to Mass. Eventually I made my confession, "Lord I believe, help me my unbelief," and came back. I was determined to CHOOSE Christ even if my brain objected. I would do Christian actions and I would profess Christian beliefs until it WAS natural. I would live my life "AS THOUGH" I believed. At first things were really difficult. I couldn't sasy the Creed without choking on it. But I just kept on, making that conscious choice. Time went by, and I found myself saying Christian things more and more often spontaneously. Eventually I felt comfortable with the Creed, worshipping Christ, praying again, the whole nine yards. Today I am back again, feeling close to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I believe my Apostasy was a mortal sin, that it killed a part of my soul. It altered my spirit so that it was far more difficult to return to Christ. But though I had abandoned Jesus, I don't believe he had entirely abandoned me, or else the Holy Spirit would never have left me with that hunger.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,048,537.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Another good response is, "I'm being saved."

I know what you're saying, but personally I'd say, "yes, I'm saved from eternal death. The wages of sin is death, but if I died tonight I'd go to be with Christ. However I'm being made whole, 2 Corinthians 3:18." Scripture says that we can know we have passed from death to life and have assurance of salvation. But we will be made whole, complete and perfect after we die.

Upvote 0

MarysSon

Jan 5, 2017
Southern California
✟25,655.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I know what you're saying, but personally I'd say, "yes, I'm saved from eternal death. The wages of sin is death, but if I died tonight I'd go to be with Christ. However I'm being made whole, 2 Corinthians 3:18." Scripture says that we can know we have passed from death to life and have assurance of salvation. But we will be made whole, complete and perfect after we die.
That's what we refer to as a moral certitude of salvation.

It differs from the "Once Saved, Always Saved" position in that, it is not a guarantee no matter what.
Our cooperation with God's grace is necessary to attain salvation because we are free to "jump ship" at any time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
That's what we refer to as a moral certitude of salvation.

It differs from the "Once Saved, Always Saved" position in that, it is not a guarantee no matter what.
Our cooperation with God's grace is necessary to attain salvation because we are free to "jump ship" at any time.

How do you know if you "jump ship" if you were ever on the ship? Or if you can come back?

Upvote 0

Jack Isaacks

Jan 24, 2017
Arizona
✟12,262.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

Just like our earthly parents loosen their hands so we can walk on our own, our Heavenly Father will do the same thing. If we stumble, He's there waiting for us to walk back to Him.

Glory to Jesus Christ!

Upvote 0

Courage Ampadu

Feb 27, 2017
Uk
✟15,622.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Deerglow
It seems to me that you are winding yourself up. No one can come to the Jesus unless the father draws him. The fact that you are concerned about your salvation is itself proof that God is at work in you. And if he is why would you care about anything else. Salvation is not abstract thing, it is the product of God coming to live in a person. Leave out all the theological arguments and focus on him because boy he seems to be at work in you already. God loves you too much to cast you out of his sight. He went to Calvary for your sake, why would he cast you away because you had a blip? Just rest in his arms and like someone wrote earlier get rooted in the word of God. God bless

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I have been a Christian since about four or five, although I had a period last year of identifying as atheist then Taoist. People say a true Christian would never do that. That I wasn't saved before, or if I was saved I've crossed an unforgivable line. Could I have been saved? It scares me so much, if I wasn't saved, and I blasphemed and had those soul-selling thoughts does this mean I am irreversibly condemned to hell?

Settle down! God loves you! read Prov 1:7. If you are afraid of punishment, then you are going to be able to fear God, and then gain in knowledge. I don't know of any sin that God will not forgive, and run to you, and wrap His love around you.

Upvote 0

MarysSon

Jan 5, 2017
Southern California
✟25,655.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How do you know if you "jump ship" if you were ever on the ship? Or if you can come back?
We all jump ship to one degree or another on our journey when we sin. Some of us completely turn our backs on God and repudiate Him.

The door is always open for us to return to a right relationship with God.
Take a lesson from the Parable of the Prodigal Son.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
DeerGlow... you need to FLIP what your thinking. Well God NEVER uses fear. There are no prerequisites for "repenting". It matters NOT what you were been seen touched.. just tell HIM what you did.. repent and.. then like EVERYONE else.. pick your self up granted HE is pulling you up.. dust off and keep going. THATS IT!

There is NOW no condemnation to them in Christ Jesus. He does not JUDGE YOU nor CONDEMN! So.. REJOICE.. I DONT CARE WHAT YOU DID HOW YOU FEEL ok? HE forgives HE forgets.. so rejoice.. its like you unplug from the bottom into the top.. yeah.. that easy. God has NOT.. get that? He cant LIE.. God has NOT given DEERGLOW the spirit of fear. So if you have FEAR WORRY DOUBT.. a NOT FROM GOD!

We as man think we have to DO something suffer some thing awful for some things we do. Sin in this life does have a price but.. with GOD.. He truly died just for you and took forever YOUR SINS! So you just .. like one does to there mom or dad or brother.. you say.. sorry.. I hurt you.. they STILL LOVE YOU.. your STILL FAMILY! You were NEVER lost

I dont care what MAN says.. its far easier to be saved then lost. If you believe John 3:16 Say Rom 10:9-10..you are forever saved. IF HE said it.. who cares what some man or thought says..so no matter what you feel like..REJOICE! HIS Joy will give you strenght..HE will give you a peace you never had..JESUS IS REAL!

• Friendly
Reactions: DeerGlow
Upvote 0

HenryM

Dec 21, 2016
ZXC
✟32,716.00
Country
Bangladesh
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm so scared. I want to be saved...

Nobody here knows if you, or anybody else, is saved. God knows that. Since you are scared, maybe this can help you:

God shows mercy from generation to generation to all who fear him. Luke 1:50

Upvote 0

Yennora

2022 UPDATE: I regret any UNBIBLICAL posts I made.
Dec 31, 2016
Sydney
✟57,792.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

You are on the ship, you are not only on the ship but you are right next to the Captain too! And i will prove that to you biblically.

First, read the prodigal son, read it well and read the other parables concerning the lost sheep.

Jesus said in Luke 15:7 "In the same way, there is more joy in heaven over one lost sinner who repents and returns to God than over ninety-nine others who are righteous and haven't strayed away!"

See? You are now next to the Captain of the ship, coming back and "Caring" about God is so precious to him so do not be afraid, you care! And he cares too, being frightened won't solve anything, i suppose you attend a Holy Mass and take the Eucharist, you will feel like in heaven.

Also know that God will never fail you, as written in John 6:37 "All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away."
Just stick to him, trust him, and don't turn turn back to the darkness, may God bless you always!

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,048,537.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You can't jump off a ship if you were never on it in the first place.
And, yes, you can go back.

Upvote 0

MustardSeeed

Ambivert
Mar 7, 2017
canada
✟40,822.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This was literally me the other day. I was TERRIFIED to the point where my heart was BURNING. It's the devil and his demons. If there is LIFE there is hope. Message me if you want and I can share my story with you! I've been crying hysterically for the past few days with fear but I'm getting better. Just wishing I could be perfect ... I just want to please God. I want Him to be HAPPY with me ... that's it

Upvote 0