Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you dont have the assurance of knowing you are saved I suggest you pray the Sinners Prayer and ask Jesus to come into your life (again?). I take the view that even if you are saved it is a good prayer to pray as confirmation of your faith and an expression of what Christians believe. No one is perfect not even one, so it is good for all of us to confess our need of Jesus saving grace.

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
If you dont have the assurance of knowing you are saved I suggest you pray the Sinners Prayer and ask Jesus to come into your life (again?). I take the view that even if you are saved it is a good prayer to pray as confirmation of your faith and an expression of what Christians believe. No one is perfect not even one, so it is good for all of us to confess our need of Jesus saving grace.

I have prayed that since but I don't know. I'm just so confused. Am I the prodigal returning? Never saved? Apostate and reprobate? I am so scared and confused. Do I need to be re-baptised? I don't know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Quasiblogo

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2007
Continental U.S.
✟971,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, Deerglow. I believe Romans 2:7 shows you do have a choice.

I say this, because for years, I was church-cultured backslider. Only I know that. I don't need to expound on that, but I have--and am still going through a period of sometimes feeling guilty for being so lukewarm to our Lord.

What I do know is that I desire to, and therefore am continuing in the faith . . . for the sake of glory, honor and eternal life. The restoration is occurring. So can yours. Sooner or later, you will see restoration is simply a continuation, a state in which we are all ministering and being administered "the ministry of reconciliation".

Also, keep in mind that cultural norms may compound feelings of guilt and shame. We are called to live our trust in Jesus in our respective cultures, but we are not called to let our cultures dictate to our consciences what faithfulness to God means.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been a Christian since about four or five, although I had a period last year of identifying as atheist then Taoist. People say a true Christian would never do that. That I wasn't saved before, or if I was saved I've crossed an unforgivable line. Could I have been saved? It scares me so much, if I wasn't saved, and I blasphemed and had those soul-selling thoughts does this mean I am irreversibly condemned to hell? I was so sure I loved God growing up, I want to repent and have the love and trust I had before, but can I not be saved? Am I saved? I hate that I ever strayed. I was so depressed, I ran a blog of uplifting things that I noticed most came from Buddhism, which led me away. I never was convinced by Buddhism but I see what a lie Taoism was now. I just want to be saved. I want to be at peace. I need mercy. I hope I am not reprobate or beyond forgiveness. Is there any way that doubt doesn't mean I wasn't saved? Or do I even have a chance? What do I do?

Hi deerglow,

May God bless you with wisdom and discernment as you go through this time of trial.

I'm always just a bit disturbed when I meet people who say to me, or their testimony is that they've been saved since 5-10-14, etc. Most five year olds still believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, so it's not hard to understand that they don't have any understanding of what 'being saved' is supposed to mean even now as an adult, so they certainly had no idea at the age that they claim that they were.

I hope that you don't take this as some condemnatory explanation, but take it as something to seriously consider and that does sound like what's happening. You've come to a crossroads of identification and belief and you're wanting to seriously investigate your position before God. That's a good thing and hopefully the result will strengthen your faith to live a life of love for your God that will end in your ultimate death and then resurrection of the righteous.

As I understand the Scriptures, and you will get a lot of disagreement on this, no one is saved today. What happens to us in this life is that an individual may be born again. Born of the Spirit of God to a life of faith and trust in God and on the day of God's judgement, will then be saved from the day that God separates the sheep from the goats. Paul writes to us that when we are born again, we are given the indwelling Spirit of God as our 'guarantee' that 'we will be saved'.

And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

He says that we are marked with a seal, the Holy Spirit, who is a deposit given to us as our guarantee that on the day that God redeems those who are His, we will be included. He says that this is the gospel of our salvation. In other words the truth of what it means to 'be saved'.

Then when we read Jesus' explanation of the sower and what actually becomes of people who hear the gospel, we know that one can 'go down front and be saved', as we like to put it, but wind up not making it to the end of the journey.

For me, here's the difference. Obedience to the law. What is the law? Love the Lord your God with all that you are and others as yourself. But Jesus did give an order of hierarchy for those two laws. The first and foremost is love for God. We can love others like nobodies business. We can just give everything that we have to help others and comfort them and be there for them, but if we haven't kept the first law, then we're in the same boat as what we're told of the Mosaic law. To break one is the same as having broken them all.

Do you really love God. Is He the most important personage in your life? More important than your boyfriend or your parents. Do you love him, as Jesus asks of us, in a manner that encourages you to want to obey Him? Jesus said, "If you love me, you will keep my commands." Do you love God?

Now, you're young and your thoughts and understandings are incomplete and, as yet, unsettled. You want to say that you love God, which is what becomes of a heart that is born again, born of God's Spirit, but you've spent some time identifying as an atheist. Really? You love God and you know that He exists is your testimony, but you've considered, for a time, identifying as an atheist? That's not a congruent lifestyle.

So, I hope that you don't take this as any outright condemnation. You're young and hopefully will have many years to live for God if that is what you choose. However, I would encourage some serious prayer and soul searching for what you really believe about God and your relationship with him. Jesus speaks of the day of his Father's judgment and tells us that there are going to be many people crying out to him that he must know them because of the great things that they did upon the earth in his name. Friend, understand that those people standing before Jesus on that day lived a life thinking that they were 'saved'. They did mighty things in the name of Jesus because they understood who Jesus was and called out in his name to do things for them. But, there is something that was apparently missing. Love for God. Paul writes some very condemning words about love and the consequences of not having it.

If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

So, this idea of loving God is a lot more than just having the knowledge and wisdom and power of speaking with the tongues of angels or performing miracles such as moving mountains or prophesying of the things of God or being charitably generous to others. Find out what it means to love God.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hi deerglow,

May God bless you with wisdom and discernment as you go through this time of trial.

I'm always just a bit disturbed when I meet people who say to me, or their testimony is that they've been saved since 5-10-14, etc. Most five year olds still believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, so it's not hard to understand that they don't have any understanding of what 'being saved' is supposed to mean even now as an adult, so they certainly had no idea at the age that they claim that they were.

I hope that you don't take this as some condemnatory explanation, but take it as something to seriously consider and that does sound like what's happening. You've come to a crossroads of identification and belief and you're wanting to seriously investigate your position before God. That's a good thing and hopefully the result will strengthen your faith to live a life of love for your God that will end in your ultimate death and then resurrection of the righteous.

As I understand the Scriptures, and you will get a lot of disagreement on this, no one is saved today. What happens to us in this life is that an individual may be born again. Born of the Spirit of God to a life of faith and trust in God and on the day of God's judgement, will then be saved from the day that God separates the sheep from the goats. Paul writes to us that when we are born again, we are given the indwelling Spirit of God as our 'guarantee' that 'we will be saved'.

And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

He says that we are marked with a seal, the Holy Spirit, who is a deposit given to us as our guarantee that on the day that God redeems those who are His, we will be included. He says that this is the gospel of our salvation. In other words the truth of what it means to 'be saved'.

Then when we read Jesus' explanation of the sower and what actually becomes of people who hear the gospel, we know that one can 'go down front and be saved', as we like to put it, but wind up not making it to the end of the journey.

For me, here's the difference. Obedience to the law. What is the law? Love the Lord your God with all that you are and others as yourself. But Jesus did give an order of hierarchy for those two laws. The first and foremost is love for God. We can love others like nobodies business. We can just give everything that we have to help others and comfort them and be there for them, but if we haven't kept the first law, then we're in the same boat as what we're told of the Mosaic law. To break one is the same as having broken them all.

Do you really love God. Is He the most important personage in your life? More important than your boyfriend or your parents. Do you love him, as Jesus asks of us, in a manner that encourages you to want to obey Him? Jesus said, "If you love me, you will keep my commands." Do you love God?

Now, you're young and your thoughts and understandings are incomplete and, as yet, unsettled. You want to say that you love God, which is what becomes of a heart that is born again, born of God's Spirit, but you've spent some time identifying as an atheist. Really? You love God and you know that He exists is your testimony, but you've considered, for a time, identifying as an atheist? That's not a congruent lifestyle.

So, I hope that you don't take this as any outright condemnation. You're young and hopefully will have many years to live for God if that is what you choose. However, I would encourage some serious prayer and soul searching for what you really believe about God and your relationship with him. Jesus speaks of the day of his Father's judgment and tells us that there are going to be many people crying out to him that he must know them because of the great things that they did upon the earth in his name. Friend, understand that those people standing before Jesus on that day lived a life thinking that they were 'saved'. They did mighty things in the name of Jesus because they understood who Jesus was and called out in his name to do things for them. But, there is something that was apparently missing. Love for God. Paul writes some very condemning words about love and the consequences of not having it.

If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

So, this idea of loving God is a lot more than just having the knowledge and wisdom and power of speaking with the tongues of angels or performing miracles such as moving mountains or prophesying of the things of God or being charitably generous to others. Find out what it means to love God.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

It's terrifying that I might not have been saved as a kid. How can I find God now? How could He possibly forgive what I've said and done? I don't think I have enough faith to be saved now if that's the case. It would be better to have not existed than to be messed up like this. I could end up in hell because I thought I was saved and my sins could be forgiven.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been a Christian since about four or five, although I had a period last year of identifying as atheist then Taoist. People say a true Christian would never do that. That I wasn't saved before, or if I was saved I've crossed an unforgivable line. Could I have been saved? It scares me so much, if I wasn't saved, and I blasphemed and had those soul-selling thoughts does this mean I am irreversibly condemned to hell? I was so sure I loved God growing up, I want to repent and have the love and trust I had before, but can I not be saved? Am I saved? I hate that I ever strayed. I was so depressed, I ran a blog of uplifting things that I noticed most came from Buddhism, which led me away. I never was convinced by Buddhism but I see what a lie Taoism was now. I just want to be saved. I want to be at peace. I need mercy. I hope I am not reprobate or beyond forgiveness. Is there any way that doubt doesn't mean I wasn't saved? Or do I even have a chance? What do I do?
Taoists have some good verses that I could not fight or argue against, but they fall short of the glory of Jesus. Jesus taught us about an omnipotent God who is aware when a sparrow falls from the sky. I would recommend taking another look at the Gospel of John, Sermon on the Mount, and other NT writings. I had to selectively pick from the OT as it is corrupt compared to the NT. You are yet young. Keep trying. People who keep seeking God through the teachings of Jesus may reach salvation. Some who tried to follow Christ experienced salvation in their early years. Some who tried to receive Christ for years did not became fully aware of God's omnipotence until later years. Not all who seek God will find God. There is healing in knowledge of obeying God. Christians are supposed to be honest and hard working people. They seek education and to do good things for others. This is all easier written than done.

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hello, Deerglow. I believe Romans 2:7 shows you do have a choice.

I say this, because for years, I was church-cultured backslider. Only I know that. I don't need to expound on that, but I have--and am still going through a period of sometimes feeling guilty for being so lukewarm to our Lord.

What I do know is that I desire to, and therefore am continuing in the faith . . . for the sake of glory, honor and eternal life. The restoration is occurring. So can yours. Sooner or later, you will see restoration is simply a continuation, a state in which we are all ministering and being administered "the ministry of reconciliation".

Also, keep in mind that cultural norms may compound feelings of guilt and shame. We are called to live our trust in Jesus in our respective cultures, but we are not called to let our cultures dictate to our consciences what faithfulness to God means.

But I need help. My conscience does not determine salvation. I am afraid of judgement but I don't know if I am truly repentant or trying to flee hell. I just want to be saved.

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Taoists have some good verses that I could not fight or argue against, but they fall short of the glory of Jesus. Jesus taught us about an omnipotent God who is aware when a sparrow falls from the sky. I would recommend taking another look at the Gospel of John, Sermon on the Mount, and other NT writings. I had to selectively pick from the OT as it is corrupt compared to the NT. You are yet young. Keep trying. People who keep seeking God through the teachings of Jesus may reach salvation. Some who tried to follow Christ experienced salvation in their early years. Some who tried to receive Christ for years did not became fully aware of God's omnipotence until later years. Not all who seek God will find God. There is healing in knowledge of obeying God. Christians are supposed to be honest and hard working people. They seek education and to do good things for others. This is all easier written than done.

Corrupt? And isn't there a verse saying those who seek God will find Him?

Upvote 0

Berean Tim

Mar 19, 2017
Houston TX
✟146,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I too came to a knowledge of Jesus as a child and went my own way until I was almost 29. This passage I believe your referring to is Hebrews 6 :4. I too was trouble by these verses I know the fear you are going through. In my case I didn't take the knowledge of Christ and confess him as Lord. The verses in that passage are saying if you reject Jesus there's no repentance because they no longer believe in Jesus. You don't seem to be there. In 2 Timothy ch 2 verse 13 " If we are faithless He remains faithful He can not deny himself ". It seems too good to be true if we fall into unbelief he remains faithful to us , always calling us back. Stay in the word and prayer. You'll come out of this test stronger
I'll pray for you

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I too came to a knowledge of Jesus as a child and went my own way until I was almost 29. This passage I believe your referring to is Hebrews 6 :4. I too was trouble by these verses I know the fear you are going through. In my case I didn't take the knowledge of Christ and confess him as Lord. The verses in that passage are saying if you reject Jesus there's no repentance because they no longer believe in Jesus. You don't seem to be there. In 2 Timothy ch 2 verse 13 " If we are faithless He remains faithful He can not deny himself ". It seems too good to be true if we fall into unbelief he remains faithful to us , always calling us back. Stay in the word and prayer. You'll come out of this test stronger
I'll pray for you

That seems.... if you leave the faith you are the Hebrews group.... or if you are faithless you're still saved. ??

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PropheticTimes

Lord Have Mercy
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2015
Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Dear Deer (see what I did there? lol)

Humans are messy beings. We screw up, A LOT. God knows this, always has. We stray away at times, yes, but when we turn to Him He is there with open arms, forgiving and merciful and gracious. It seems those who have been telling you that you have never been/ are not saved just don't get it. I am 45 years old and I have messed with Taoism, New Age and other things. That does not mean I was not saved, it means I was lost. I turned back to God and kept my eyes on Him and He was gracious (as He always is) to bring me back into the fold.

Listen to me, please, dear one - the softness of your heart in regards to your spiritual concern shows you are saved. You care about hurting God. You obviously love Him. His mercy extends far beyond what us as mere humans can comprehend because we don't show that kind of mercy toward one another.

What do you do? Ask God to forgive you, thank Him for His forgiveness, for "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:19 . Then turn toward Him by studying His Word (Scripture), prayer (I 'talk' to Him all day long, about the tiniest things, like I would to my best friend, because that's what He is). Put your past behind you and move forward knowing Jesus is with you always.

Be at peace, DeerGlow.

Upvote 0

Berean Tim

Mar 19, 2017
Houston TX
✟146,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That seems.... if you leave the faith you are the Hebrews group.... or if you are faithless you're still saved. ??
I'm sorry for being unclear. Im saying if you still believe in Jesus you haven't gone too far. The verse in 2 Timothy is a strong confirmation of out security in Christ. The last thing I want to do is add to your pain. I see me in your post. Again sorry for being unclear

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Please, STOP WORRYING! Worrying that you're not saved is only hurting you mentally. If this is what your faith is doing to you, it's not healthy. You're feeling way too afraid and sick about this and it isn't right. Faith isn't supposed to have you feel that way, love isn't supposed to have you feel that way. If you feel that way it's a belief driven of fear, not love, and it's hurting you.

I know why some people are angry about religion: it has people think in terror like you are if gone about the wrong way.

Upvote 0

GuyNad

Jan 22, 2016
Edmundston
✟23,540.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged

I think many of us is going through this. I know I did. At one time I was convinced that it was all over for me. It was as if the Devil was whispering into my ear, "it doesn't matter whatever you do, I will be there for you at the end". And my heart was filled with fear. God seemed so distant to me.

But today I know I'm saved because Jesus died for me and He said that He will never reject anyone who comes to Him to be saved. It is the Father's wish that He doesn't lose anyone of us.

If you believe that Jesus is God Son and that He died for you.... YOU ARE SAVED!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DeerGlow

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Dear Deer (see what I did there? lol)

Humans are messy beings. We screw up, A LOT. God knows this, always has. We stray away at times, yes, but when we turn to Him He is there with open arms, forgiving and merciful and gracious. It seems those who have been telling you that you have never been/ are not saved just don't get it. I am 45 years old and I have messed with Taoism, New Age and other things. That does not mean I was not saved, it means I was lost. I turned back to God and kept my eyes on Him and He was gracious (as He always is) to bring me back into the fold.

Listen to me, please, dear one - the softness of your heart in regards to your spiritual concern shows you are saved. You care about hurting God. You obviously love Him. His mercy extends far beyond what us as mere humans can comprehend because we don't show that kind of mercy toward one another.

What do you do? Ask God to forgive you, thank Him for His forgiveness, for "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:19 . Then turn toward Him by studying His Word (Scripture), prayer (I 'talk' to Him all day long, about the tiniest things, like I would to my best friend, because that's what He is). Put your past behind you and move forward knowing Jesus is with you always.

Be at peace, DeerGlow.

I am afraid I might not have been saved. I don't know if I'm sad because I hurt God or because I am afraid of eternal pain beyond what I can endure. I remember I was a pretty carnal kid. When mom made me pray at night sometimes I pretended to in my head and lied. I had a bible with pictures related to certain stories and I'd read those sometimes. I tried to read the whole thing once and didn't get very far and I think the way I gave up was disrespectful to God (because of what I did after not being unable to read straight through). I just don't know what to do. It makes me want to cry that I might not have known God at all and sick I might not be able to be saved.

Upvote 0

PropheticTimes

Lord Have Mercy
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2015
Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am afraid I might not have been saved. I don't know if I'm sad because I hurt God or because I am afraid of eternal pain beyond what I can endure. I remember I was a pretty carnal kid. When mom made me pray at night sometimes I pretended to in my head and lied. I had a bible with pictures related to certain stories and I'd read those sometimes. I tried to read the whole thing once and didn't get very far and I think the way I gave up was disrespectful to God (because of what I did after not being unable to read straight through). I just don't know what to do. It makes me want to cry that I might not have known God at all and sick I might not be able to be saved.

Do you believe that Jesus is the Son of God, that He came down from heaven, born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died and was buried, was raised on the 3rd day and ascended to the right hand of God?

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I think many of us is going through this. I know I did. At one time I was convinced that it was all over for me. It was as if the Devil was whispering into my ear, "it doesn't matter whatever you do, I will be there for you at the end". And my heart was filled with fear. God seemed so distant to me.

But today I know I'm saved because Jesus died for me and He said that He will never reject anyone who comes to Him to be saved. It is the Father's wish that He doesn't lose anyone of us.

If you believe that Jesus is God Son and that He died for you.... YOU ARE SAVED!

I don't know if I have enough faith to be saved. Even the demons believe there is a God. I am afraid that I never had and will never be able to have saving faith.

Upvote 0

PropheticTimes

Lord Have Mercy
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2015
Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"Simply defined, grace is God’s unmerited (unearned) favor. If you did anything to earn it or deserve it, it is not grace. If God owes it to you because you’re a pretty good person or you’ve tried to do the best you can, it is not grace. If God gives it to you because He foresaw that you would believe in Him of your own free will, it is not grace. Grace means that you get the opposite of what you deserve. You deserve God’s wrath because you have sinned against Him. Instead, He saves you by His grace.

To the natural man, the cross is foolishness (1 Cor. 1:18). He cannot understand the things of God (1 Cor. 2:14). He is blind to the light of the gospel (2 Cor. 4:4). He is not able to submit to or please God (Rom. 8:7-8). For the unbeliever in this darkened spiritual state to believe, God must first impart new life to him. His immediate response is to believe in Christ. So Paul has shown that salvation—being rescued from God’s wrath—is by grace alone through faith alone in what Jesus did for us on the cross.

He adds, “it is the gift of God, not as a result of works….” He is at pains to show that the entire process of salvation comes to us apart from anything in us or anything that we do. Some will argue that God chose us for salvation because He foresaw that we would believe. But then salvation would not be a gift by God’s grace, but rather something that we merited by our faith.

Salvation does not depend on you, but rather on God, who is mighty to save. Flee for refuge to Christ and these wonderful verses apply to you: “By grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.”

(excerpts from Lesson 14: Salvation by Grace through Faith Alone (Ephesians 2:8-9) )

Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,319.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Don't worry that you might not have been saved, past tense; you can't do anything to change that now.
Maybe you weren't. But the fact is that you're still alive, and it's what you do NOW that's important. If you spend your time worrying, not sleeping, being sad and sick about what might have happened several years ago; how is that going to help you now?
I shudder when I think about the times that I pushed God away, rejected his love, believed I wasn't good enough to love and didn't go to church, or forward to receive communion, unless I felt that I was good enough. I was very wrong and sometimes I feel ashamed to think abut it. But if I do it makes me all the more thankful that God is patient, faithful, loving, gave me another chance and that I am still alive today so that I can know his love, and him as my heavenly Father.

If you repent and confess your sins, then God will forgive you; including for those times in the past when you didn't know him, turned away from him or were not as committed as you thought. Then you need to forgive yourself too. Tell yourself, and the devil, that God has given you a new start, that you are saved right now and going to love, serve and follow Jesus. Thank God for saving you.

Upvote 0