Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
“And among these nations you shall find no respite, and there shall be no resting place for the sole of your foot, but the Lord will give you there a trembling heart and failing eyes and a languishing soul. Your life shall hang in doubt before you. Night and day you shall be in dread and have no assurance of your life. In the morning you shall say, 'If only it were evening!' and at evening you shall say, 'If only it were morning!' because of the dread that your heart shall feel, and the sights that your eyes shall see.”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭28:65-67

Guys I'm so scared. I keep hearing strange words. I found this. I am terrified in heart, my eyesight is literally getting worse from straining them out of fear. I am afraid the LORD hates me. That He will delight in bringing ruin and everlasting death on me. Please all of you pray to God for me that He shall have mercy on my soul.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm scared. My family says I always look sick. I want to cry and throw up. I want to be saved how do I know if I was saved?

You're being way to fearful. It isn't good for you, it's only damaging you.

Don't worry about it. The fact that you're concerned about it means you're likely saved. If you weren't, you wouldn't care, which you obviously do, so much it's hurting you. That is NOT good. STOP being so fearful.

Upvote 0

JesusLivesJesusSaves

Once Saved, ALWAYS Saved Jn 3:16, 10:27-29
Jul 16, 2013
USA
✟18,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have been a Christian since about four or five, although I had a period last year of identifying as atheist then Taoist. People say a true Christian would never do that. That I wasn't saved before, or if I was saved I've crossed an unforgivable line. Could I have been saved? It scares me so much, if I wasn't saved, and I blasphemed and had those soul-selling thoughts does this mean I am irreversibly condemned to hell? I was so sure I loved God growing up, I want to repent and have the love and trust I had before, but can I not be saved? Am I saved? I hate that I ever strayed. I was so depressed, I ran a blog of uplifting things that I noticed most came from Buddhism, which led me away. I never was convinced by Buddhism but I see what a lie Taoism was now. I just want to be saved. I want to be at peace. I need mercy. I hope I am not reprobate or beyond forgiveness. Is there any way that doubt doesn't mean I wasn't saved? Or do I even have a chance? What do I do?

I can relate to your "atheist" and "taoist" situation. I was Saved at a very young age too. I got involved with islam at age 20. It became a horrible obsession and I "identified" as a muslim for about a year. I know I was Saved even then because I never rejected Jesus in my heart. I KNEW He was/is God and died for my sins. I was just being purely rebellious. Then, after a year of that; the guilt of knowing how wrong it was finally built up in me and I "snapped" out of it. This almost sounds like what you went through. But it doesn't matter. The question is: do you believe in Jesus NOW?

IF you are truly Saved, then you are saved and NOTHING can EVER take that away. There is nothing we can do to earn it, therefore there is nothing we can do to maintain it; thus there is nothing we can do to lose it. You cannot undo your new birth. Jesus didn't say, "One must be Born-Again, and then again and again if he messes up". NO! He simply said, "unless a man be Born-Again he cannot see the kingdom of God".

Ask yourself this simple question: Do you believe in Jesus? If yes, then you are Saved; if no, then you are not. It's that simple. Regardless of what you have done in the past.

If you truly want to be Saved, and you believe in Jesus, then there is nothing to be scared of; you are Saved. A Saved person cannot commit the "unforgivable sin". The "unforgivable sin" is the sin of not allowing Jesus into your heart and making you His child. Therefore, since we have until our dying breath to accept Him, that sin cannot be committed until we die. ALL other sins will be forgiven because the payment for those sins have already been paid for IN FULL by Jesus. The way people talk, you would think that Jesus hadn't paid the price yet and that He will pay it on judgment day according to our works. That is absolutely ridiculous. IT IS FINISHED. Once He paid the price for the sin, justice had been served. Contrary to popular belief, even suicide IS forgiven; even though the person is unable to "repent" afterward. For repenting is NOT required for Salvation, it is a RESULT OF Salvation. IE: because I am Saved and Jesus lives in my heart, I am able to "repent"; meaning I feel guilty. IF "repentance" was required then NO ONE would be Saved because the guilt we feel for our sin can only come from the Holy Spirit; which can ONLY come if He is ALREADY in our hearts. MOST of the Christian world has this backward. They have the "cart" before the "horse".

So the unforgivable sin cannot be committed by a Christian; and the non-believer can't even commit it until they die. The ONLY exception to this will be during the Great Tribulation after Jesus raptures us (half way into the Tribulation). At that point, mercy ends. Meaning: the chance for "Salvation" is over at that point. The reason for this is that over time, as the world gets more wicked, less and less people get Saved. At some point there will be the "last person" that will ever accept Him. ONLY He knows who that is, which is why He said, "no one knows the hour or the day the son of man will come". At that point, it wouldn't matter if the world existed for another 6,000 years, no one will ever again accept Him. So, those "left behind" during the Great Tribulation wouldn't accept Him even if He let it continue. So those are the only people that are "doomed" while still being alive in the flesh. But again, they are people that would never accept Him anyway, and He knows this.

So don't worry. It sounds like satan is just trying to toy with you. he is always wanting to make us miserable. IF you truly want to be Saved and you believe in Jesus, then you are Saved. So just relax.

May Jesus bless you.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,173.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I have been a Christian since about four or five, although I had a period last year of identifying as atheist then Taoist. People say a true Christian would never do that. That I wasn't saved before, or if I was saved I've crossed an unforgivable line. Could I have been saved? It scares me so much, if I wasn't saved, and I blasphemed and had those soul-selling thoughts does this mean I am irreversibly condemned to hell? I was so sure I loved God growing up, I want to repent and have the love and trust I had before, but can I not be saved? Am I saved? I hate that I ever strayed. I was so depressed, I ran a blog of uplifting things that I noticed most came from Buddhism, which led me away. I never was convinced by Buddhism but I see what a lie Taoism was now. I just want to be saved. I want to be at peace. I need mercy. I hope I am not reprobate or beyond forgiveness. Is there any way that doubt doesn't mean I wasn't saved? Or do I even have a chance? What do I do?
Read the parable of the Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-32). God is always waiting for people to repent and He is willing to meet you halfway if you only start moving back towards Him in repentance and humility.

• Winner
Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟522,723.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Without knowing you and without asking hundreds of questions of you I would not know. I do know that it is never too late to pray, pray, pray for forgiveness of the Lord. Here are a couple promising and encouraging passages for you:
Psalm 34:18:
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Psalm 51:17:
The sacrifices of the Lord are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.
Here is a wonderful prayer which rights it all when we cannot express our deepest concerns:
Psalm 51:9-12:
Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

I too will pray for you.

Reactions: Thir7ySev3n
Upvote 0

ChristianFromKazakhstan

Oct 9, 2016
ALMATY
✟29,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

There's nothing Jesus can't forgive.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
It's devastating to me. I am not saved? Not one of God's children? God hasn't forgiven my sins? I wish I had never doubted. I feel like the wicked only able to store up wrath. I'm so afraid.
WHoever taught you all of that junk really messed with your mind. We all fail. We all have doubts from time to time. God forgives, over and over again. Get up and walk.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Your desire "now" before you die, is what's important... God probably understands that you had to go through that on your way to him, just make sure to go to him "now" and from this day forward and make that count now...

God Bless!

• Agree
Reactions: Thir7ySev3n
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I'm so scared. I want to be saved. I'm just not sure I believe once saved always saved. I thought I was saved, so many people on CF (not to say they're all bad people or false prophets) just seem like it's so easy and logical I wasn't saved. I'm afraid if I wasn't saved I have committed unpardonable sins and cannot be saved now.
The 'once saved, always saved' and it's nasty corollary of 'once damned, never saved' lies are doing a number on you. Better to start with God who loved you with an everlasting love and is constant in His affection for you. That's straight out of Jeremiah. Once you get that, you will see that it's not like God is out to 'get' you and send you to hell to enjoy you suffer for all eternity. God wants you adopted into his big family. So even if you have played the Prodigal, you get to be welcomed back into the family, with a ring on your finger just for bothering to come back. That ring is the family seal, kind of like being given the family credit cards. In that story the father watches every day for the son to return, and runs to meet him. Forget about the unpardonable sin. It isn't what applies to you.

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

The Parable of the Prodigal Son- Luke 15:11-32

Upvote 0

Gabriel Anton

Exitus Acta Probat Acta Non Verba Deus Vult 11:18
May 19, 2016
Oz
✟89,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

“And among these nations you shall find no respite, and there shall be no resting place for the sole of your foot, but the Lord will give you there a trembling heart and failing eyes and a languishing soul. Your life shall hang in doubt before you. Night and day you shall be in dread and have no assurance of your life. In the morning you shall say, 'If only it were evening!' and at evening you shall say, 'If only it were morning!' because of the dread that your heart shall feel, and the sights that your eyes shall see.”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭28:65-67

Guys I'm so scared. I keep hearing strange words. I found this. I am terrified in heart, my eyesight is literally getting worse from straining them out of fear. I am afraid the LORD hates me. That He will delight in bringing ruin and everlasting death on me. Please all of you pray to God for me that He shall have mercy on my soul.

Peace be with you.

it sounds like you're going through some sort of epiphany. At 17, I was busy cursing God and only knew that the Bible was a thick book. I didn't even know a single page of the Bible at 17.

I'm going to ask you some simple questions. Please answer them.

How often do you pray? How many hours a day?

How often do you read the Bible? How many hours a day?

God bless you.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm scared. My family says I always look sick. I want to cry and throw up. I want to be saved how do I know if I was saved?

There is no fear in love. If you love God, you don't have to be afraid. Stop being afraid.

Romans 8
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Confess your sins to God and ask His forgiveness. Then love and follow Him.

John 14
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

I believe God is calling you and He promises to help us during our struggles.

John 10
9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,013.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If you want to be forgiven, saved and know God, then you haven't committed the unforgivable sin.
So it doesn't matter what went on in the past; you can be saved now, and have assurance that you are saved. God loves you. He loves you so much that he sent Jesus to die for you; long before you were ever born, never mind heard about him. It is sin that separates all of us from God - but he sent Jesus to die for our sin, so that we could be forgiven and reconciled to him. If you believe that Jesus did this, that he was raised from the dead and is alive today and that it is only through him that we can come to God, have eternal life and be with him in heaven - then you are saved. Church attendance alone doesn't save us, neither does doing good deeds; Jesus does.

Jesus himself promised that he would NEVER turn away anyone who comes to him, John 6:37. You became a Christian years ago, so you have come to him. It sounds like you may have wandered away for a while, but none of us are perfect, and you may have made those decisions while you were depressed and not thinking straight. Also, the devil may have picked on you when you were vulnerable. God understands. And it doesn't matter, because if you ever repented and said you were sorry, then God gives you a new start and makes you clean again.

Do you know how much God loves you?
Zephaniah 3:17 says that God rejoices over YOU - and sings for joy.
Isaiah 49:16 says that God has written your name on the palm of his hands.
John 10:29 says that no one can snatch Jesus' sheep from God's hands.
Romans 5:6-8 says that God didn't wait for any of us - including you - to be good enough; Jesus died for us while we were sinners.
Romans 8:38-39 says that nothing can separate us from the love of God - nothing at all.

So God loves you, Jesus died for you so that you can belong to him, and he has sent his Spirit to live in you and assure you that you are his child. :) You are a child of God; the Creator of the universe is your heavenly Father, and nothing can stop him loving you, or separate you from that love. :)

Upvote 0

lastofall

Aug 6, 2016
Germany
✟30,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When we sin we then should repent: is it right to repent when we sin? yes of course, for thereunto were we called, and wherein is the first command by the Lord Jesus Christ when He began His ministry, saying "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." (Matthew 4:17)
Christ speaks to us concerning our going astray, and then returning again, hoping that we may be accepted of the Father in (Luke 15:11-32) of the Lost son who was found, who was dead, but is alive again: but before this parable our Lord also mentions to us that joy is in heaven over one sinner that repents.
We all have has our conversation (manner of living) in times past in the lust of the flesh and of the mind; but we all may be reconciled to God the Father through His Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The vast majority of believers whose testimonies I have heard speak of seasons of doubt and back sliding in their lives. Our salvation is not based upon mental decisions but heart decisions. I would not be concerned about it.

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The vast majority of believers whose testimonies I have heard speak of seasons of doubt and back sliding in their lives. Our salvation is not based upon mental decisions but heart decisions. I would not be concerned about it.

But not everybody goes that far away. I am afraid. What if my heart fell away? Or was never there? It's so hard to know I need to be saved. I want salvation.

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
you haven't committed the unforgiveable sin but you probably were not saved in that someone who has Ezekiel 36:26-28 happen to them wouldn't be interested in atheism or a taoism.

this doesn't mean you have no hope it just means you need to cry out to the LORD for mercy that He would save you. the fact that you even care shows there may be hope for you yet.

Upvote 0