• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Feeling Bad about Being Over 40 and Single

Discussion in 'Mature Singles' started by Lybrah, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Messerve

Messerve Well-Known Member

+802
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Thanks! I'll try to do that. Yeah I have a really good imagination which can sometimes be a problem. When I was still living at home after college, my little brother would sometimes sleep on the floor in my room and I would tell a humorous story about a little kid and his uncle. I would simultaneously record them to listen to later. By the time I moved out we had 106 hour-long stories I'd told!! :eek::D

Apparently in the Catholic church it's not even possible to get married if you're unable to have intercourse... Or you will have to get it annulled retroactively. Never knew that before. :scratch: I don't belong to the the Catholic church, but I just found that interesting.

2. Messerve

+802
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I was told by one girl that looking directly into the face of a man (which is often the case with me) is just weird and she hates it. That kind of discouraged me for a bit, but I got over it.

3. LaBèlla

LaBèlla ⭐️ Supporter

+5,208
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    That’s neat. Do you plan to record them?

Yes, it has to be consummated. Bur there are many ways to address that in situations like his.

4. Messerve

+802
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Well, I've copied most to mp3 for now. Originally they were on cassette tapes just because it was convenient and our dad was throwing out his old 80's music. ^_^ I'm working on typing them up, too, since my brother and I practically speak our own language and we're the only ones who understand what we're saying half the time.

I'm not even joking. We'll be talking to each other and our parents have no idea what we're saying. It's kind of like we developed our own dialect somehow. :scratch: I try not to do it at work, but it's slips out once in awhile!

5. HisGraceAbounds

HisGraceAbounds Member Supporter

+108
    United States
    Protestant
    Private
    People, by and large, have always tended to draw the wrong conclusions about me. At one point I would protest their false assumptions, but I just don't bother anymore.

At one time, I cared way too much what other people thought of me. I grew indifferent to it. I'll concede that I am, personally, more than a little odd. However, this doesn't say anything about my character as a person.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. sea5763

sea5763 Well-Known Member

+531
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    Yeah I’m 29 and I’ve only had one ex boyfriend for a couple of months and my mom was asking if I was really just gay or something by the time I was 28. It sucks.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  7. Messerve

+802
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    It's just interesting how things change... In the past a girl who wasn't married by her late twenties might have been considered an "old maid" if anything. Now, people wonder if you're gay... It's pretty sad.