• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Feeling Bad about Being Over 40 and Single

Discussion in 'Mature Singles' started by Lybrah, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Blessed Introvert

Blessed Introvert New Member

+12
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    No worries God can use you in your singleness to help others.

2. ThisIsMe123

ThisIsMe123 Not sure

+305
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    So she was just getting free dinners of these guys?

3. Messerve

Messerve Well-Known Member

+680
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Actually the main instance I can think of a man's wife playing with her hair around me was when I joked I had lice... (I wonder why I'm single? hahaha) Her hair was tied up in a bun before I knew what happened! ^_^

However, the unintended affect of that interaction was that it put some probably needed distance between us. For awhile I was very concerned because she had been messaging me privately - during his birthday celebration no less. And being a good friend of his, I felt very guilty about that. He knew that she messaged me sometimes, but I don't think he knew it would go on for hours... :sorry:

So finally in one of our conversations (on Valentine's Day, which I unthinkingly initiated) I made it clear that I didn't intend on getting between them or being part of a weird love triangle thing. Since then, my friend and I are even closer and despite my joke about lice, I remain a more distant friend of his wife's.

4. HisGraceAbounds

HisGraceAbounds New Member Supporter

+40
    United States
    Protestant
    Private
    For me the judgment about not being married isn't nearly as bad as the judgment I get from people who find out I don't have any desire to be married or to even date. I get a lot of "why" questions from people with a look of disbelief on their faces. Even trying to remain silent or very mum about my personal life gets me some funny looks.

It's not easy to be different, think different, feel different in this world. People, by and large, have expectations (even if they are consciously aware of them), and if you don't meet those expectations, you get treated differently - and not in a good way. Secular folks or Christians - it makes no difference.. In fact, I've been treated worse by Christians because of my views than I have from secular folks.