Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was reading Luke 24 recently, the sisters were in the cemetery looking for Jesus and the Angel said He wasn't there, "why are you seeking the living among the dead". Too bad you weren't there, you could have been mocking them for making a mistake.
Hardly comparable, is it? Face it, mate, the failure rate for date setters over the last 2000 years has been 100%. They've earned a lot of scoffing, haven't they? And please spare me the obligatory quote of 2 Peter 3:4. Every date setter for the past 2000 years has flung that at everyone who has questioned their unscriptural attempts to establish a schedule for our Lord's return. Most of us who scoff at date setters confess that our Lord "ascended into Heaven...from whence He shall come again to judge the quick and the dead". No "where is the promise of His coming" from us. We accept that promise without reservation. It's the utter futility of trying to know what our Lord said no one knows that we scoff at. And so far our rejection of the "End Times" mystics and their elaborate prognostications, usually rinforced with declarations tht God must do thus and so, have proven justified.

Are we to understand from your post that it would have been better to just sit at home with Thomas knowing that if and when Jesus rises from the dead we'll know then?
Considering that I made no such ridiculous analogy, or anything close to it, no. But it is far better to ignore the blatherings of amateur prophets who construct "End Times" timetables from random Scriptures, the dates of Jewish holidays, the phases of the moon, the letters in the names of world leaders, news articles, ad absurdum.

Our "End Times" may be before we draw our next breaths, and if we die tomorrow it becomes utterly irrelevant to us whether our Lord returns here next week or in 10,000 years. We should be ready to go NOW. If we're ready to meet the Lord at our death, then we're ready to meet Him at His return if we're still alive here.

I call that the "ho hum, it will all work out in the end" theory of the rapture. Is that the one you subscribe to?
Nope, I have a much greater sense of urgency then that. I've been withing minutes of death in the past, so the necessity of being prepared is far from lost on me. Our Lord may return soon, or He may not, but our time here is short. That time is, for all of us, "at hand", and and "even at the door".

The Lord's glorious return has ever been the hope of the Church. But millions of believers have lived and died since He ascended into Heaven, and if they were unprepared for their own departure from this life, then when our Savior chooses to return is the very least of their concerns.

I was also reading recently where the Lord talked about one of His servants saying in their heart that the Lord "delays His coming" and so started to beat the fellow servants.
I have often wondered if "pastoral beatings" might not have a salutary effect on some of our brethren who can't otherwise be persuaded to behave themselves, but I seem to be alone in that belief.

I thought, that is strange, why would you beat your fellow servants just because you thought the Lord was delaying His coming? Could it be that some servants are ashamed of those who are proclaiming Christ's coming? Does it make it hard for them to blend in with the world?
So what you're asking, if I take it aright, is that those who reject your curious "End Times" beliefs just aren't as Christian as you are, and may not in fact be Christians atall. Close? You know, that may wel lbe, but I think it unlikely. I think it more likely that they believe, based on much historical and Scriptual evidence, that End Times predictions are most likely untrue, and quite likely to be the veriest hogwash.
You do realize that the rapture of the saints at the end of the age will be a very strong testimony to the world.
What I realize is that the "the rapture of the saints", as used to describe an event other than the Glorious Return of our Lord, is a modern, mostly American, doctrine, that has little or no Scriptural support, requires massive amounts of erroneous asumptions, knight-jump exegesis, wholesale eisegesis, a lot of wishful thinking, and a generous helping of rhetorical balderdash (Kind of like using 2 Peter 3:4 against those think your doctrine is rubbish.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But just because some Christians worship Mary
And some Christians like to make false accusations against other Christians and set their brethren at nought, don't they? Naming no names, of course.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No, the Beast from the Sea is not the false prophet.

Let's take a look:

"Then I stood on the sand of the sea. And I saw a beast rising up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and on his horns ten crowns, and on his heads a blasphemous name.

Now the beast which I saw was like a leopard, his feet were like the feet of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion. The dragon gave him his power, his throne, and great authority. And I saw one of his heads as if it had been mortally wounded, and his deadly wound was healed. And all the world marveled and followed the beast. So they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?”

And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue for forty-two months. Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven. It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation. All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

11 Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon. And he exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence, and causes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed."

Okay, so let's take a step back and look at what we have learned here:

Beast #1:
- Is from "the sea"
- Has the healed deadly wound
- Rules the whole earth for 42 months
- Everyone worships him (except for believers)

This is different from Beast #2:
- Is "out of the earth"
- Operates in the presence of the first beast
- Causes people to worship the Beast (whose deadly wound was healed)

These are two separate entities. The Beast from the Earth is the "false prophet," for he plays a supporting role and causes people to worship the first beast.

The Beast from the Sea is the one who will accept worship, and he is the one that we also call "the antichrist" or "son of perdition," which are titles from other Books of the Bible.

So certainly you must accept that during the times of Revelation, we will see SOMEONE (the sea beast) rule over the whole world for 42 months, accept worship, persecute the saints, and have a SIDEKICK (the false prophet, beast from the earth) cause everyone to take a mark and to worship the first beast.
Only a human can come out of humanity. The FP. Satan comes out of the land, the pit, and speaking as a dragon. Only Satan can speak as Satan. Satan reigns with the FP as his sidekick for 42 months. Later in chapter 16 it is the dragon, the FP, and the beast they created and made come alive, the image. It is all about Satan.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hardly comparable, is it? Face it, mate, the failure rate for date setters over the last 2000 years has been 100%. They've earned a lot of scoffing, haven't they? And please spare me the obligatory quote of 2 Peter 3:4. Every date setter for the past 2000 years has flung that at everyone who has questioned their unscriptural attempts to establish a schedule for our Lord's return. Most of us who scoff at date setters confess that our Lord "ascended into Heaven...from whence He shall come again to judge the quick and the dead". No "where is the promise of His coming" from us. We accept that promise without reservation. It's the utter futility of trying to know what our Lord said no one knows that we scoff at. And so far our rejection of the "End Times" mystics and their elaborate prognostications, usually rinforced with declarations tht God must do thus and so, have proven justified.

Upvote 0