Visit site
✟294,052.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Anyone who is well versed in eschatology, any comments on this video?
With those cosmic signs, it is only after the events that we can realize their significance.
The prediction of Jesus Returning in 2027 and the final 7 years starting now, is wrong.
To commence the 7 year Treaty, as prophesied in Daniel 9:27; a One World Govt has to be in place, of which the leader will be a signatory.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Lord's coming will be a matter of rejoicing for those who are raptured, for those who are left behind it will be woe, weeping and gnashing of teeth. I talk more on this in my blog on Revelation 12 -- September 2017

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟328,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
With those cosmic signs, it is only after the events that we can realize their significance.
The prediction of Jesus Returning in 2027 and the final 7 years starting now, is wrong.
To commence the 7 year Treaty, as prophesied in Daniel 9:27; a One World Govt has to be in place, of which the leader will be a signatory.

But in reality, if I am old, am I not in my end times? Should I not be "enduring" to the end of my life? If I am dead, waiting for the resurrection, what possible significance is all this cosmic, world govt. stuff. Each to his own of course, but these are the reason why I think Jesus plainly said;

Matt. 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Reactions: Jipsah
Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Feedback requested from the experts.

There are no experts here or anywhere else. Only people who think and believe that they are experts.
Fair enough, but there are those who have put a lot of effort and labor into studying eschatology.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

And there shall be signs in sun and moon and stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, in perplexity for the roaring of the sea and the billows; Luke 21:25
If I had a nickle for every time someone predicted the time of Christ's return, I'd be a multi millionaire.

Jesus said, that He will come as a thief in the night and that He would come at a time which nobody expects. So we have to chose between believing what Jesus said and what some youtube poster says.

Jesus did give us some signs to watch for, the first sign is to do with false prophets or (false preachers). We are seeing more and more false preachers and teachers emerging all the time.

Another sign is the great falling away, and we are seeing people leave faithful Bible preaching Churches to join the man centered false gospel preaching Churches.

He also said that there would be treachery and hatred among "Christians", and we see that happening as well. The stage is set for the 7 year great tribulation, but it may not take place for hundreds of years so nobody can put a date on his return.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If I had a nickle for every time someone predicted the time of Christ's return, I'd be a multi millionaire.

Jesus said, that He will come as a thief in the night
Do you realize that this is a reference to the wedding tradition that Jesus is alluding to. In that tradition the man makes a contract with the woman's father. She has to agree (we have to accept the gospel for ourselves), but if she does he pays for her (redemption), and then goes to build a house for the two of them. He has two years to do this (Jesus has been building the church for 2,000 years), then when He is ready He comes back and will "steal the bride" (rapture), at that moment his friends blow trumpets announcing the bridegroom has come and everyone follows the procession to the wedding. This is why if she is wise she spent those two years preparing and has her lamp filled with oil ready to go at an instant.

and that He would come at a time which nobody expects. So we have to chose between believing what Jesus said and what some youtube poster says.
I'm not familiar with that quote. Are you referring to "no one knows the day nor the hour"? That is familiar to Jews as referring to the Festival of Trumpets. The Jews use a lunar calendar and they cannot actually declare that it is the Festival of Trumpets till the rabbi's have confirmed that by looking at the moon. It is also referred to as a "concealed day". Or are you referring to the Lord telling those who do not heed his warning to watch that the Lord will come when they think not. He never says "nobody" will know, only those who are foolish and don't heed His warning.

Jesus did give us some signs to watch for, the first sign is to do with false prophets or (false preachers). We are seeing more and more false preachers and teachers emerging all the time.
How would you know who is a false teacher if you do not study the Bible?

Another sign is the great falling away, and we are seeing people leave faithful Bible preaching Churches to join the man centered false gospel preaching Churches.

He also said that there would be treachery and hatred among "Christians", and we see that happening as well. The stage is set for the 7 year great tribulation, but it may not take place for hundreds of years so nobody can put a date on his return.
Why would you say that no one can put a date on it, Jesus did. He told us when the season would be in Matt 24. Paul told us about the rebuilding of the temple. Daniel put a very specific date on when Jesus would be born and when He would be crucified which is why the Magi were able to see His star in the heavens and come and worship.

I think you should reread these verses you think you know so well, because your interpretation does not make any sense.

40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. (the context is clearly the rapture of believers at the end of the age). 42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. (Doesn't make sense if you interpret "ye know not what hour" as "you can't know what hour". If that were true what would be the point of watching?) However, it does make sense to the Jews who understand the expression "you don't know the day nor the hour" as referring to the Festival of Trumpets. 43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. We are supposed to watch so that the day does not come upon us as a thief. How does that make sense with the "we can't know so don't bother" doctrine. 44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Talking about false teachers, it seems the Lord here is warning about those that would tell you "this is not the time". Which is quite similar to what Peter also says about mockers and false teachers.

This age began with Jesus being crucified on the Feast of Passover, the first feast of the year. He was buried on the feast of unleavened bread, the second feast of the year. He was raised on the feast of first fruits, the third feast of the year, and the church was born on the feast of Pentecost the fourth feast of the year. Paul says that the festival days are prophetic in the book of Colossians. According to Jewish teaching in Isaiah 26 at the last trump (trump, not Trump) the gates of heaven are opened for the righteous to enter in. This chapter is read during every festival of trumpets because they understand that this refers to the festival of trumpets.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
An interesting quirk I just realized. The story concerning the wise and foolish virgins takes place at night, they need their lamps. The two witnesses need to verify that the slice of the new moon can be seen before the festival of trumpets begins so in Jerusalem, where the Bridegroom is coming, it will be night when this festival begins. Also, it will be a new moon, very dark, different from a full moon, so you would need a lamp. This represents the 10 virgins in many expositions represent those who have died in Christ. However, for those who are alive, he describes them being at work, at home in bed, any of the 24 hours are possible.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Do you realize that this is a reference to the wedding tradition that Jesus is alluding to. In that tradition the man makes a contract with the woman's father. She has to agree (we have to accept the gospel for ourselves), but if she does he pays for her (redemption), and then goes to build a house for the two of them. He has two years to do this (Jesus has been building the church for 2,000 years), then when He is ready He comes back and will "steal the bride" (rapture), at that moment his friends blow trumpets announcing the bridegroom has come and everyone follows the procession to the wedding. This is why if she is wise she spent those two years preparing and has her lamp filled with oil ready to go at an instant.

I'm not familiar with that quote. Are you referring to "no one knows the day nor the hour"? That is familiar to Jews as referring to the Festival of Trumpets. The Jews use a lunar calendar and they cannot actually declare that it is the Festival of Trumpets till the rabbi's have confirmed that by looking at the moon. It is also referred to as a "concealed day". Or are you referring to the Lord telling those who do not heed his warning to watch that the Lord will come when they think not. He never says "nobody" will know, only those who are foolish and don't heed His warning.

How would you know who is a false teacher if you do not study the Bible?

Why would you say that no one can put a date on it, Jesus did. He told us when the season would be in Matt 24. Paul told us about the rebuilding of the temple. Daniel put a very specific date on when Jesus would be born and when He would be crucified which is why the Magi were able to see His star in the heavens and come and worship.

I think you should reread these verses you think you know so well, because your interpretation does not make any sense.

40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. (the context is clearly the rapture of believers at the end of the age). 42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. (Doesn't make sense if you interpret "ye know not what hour" as "you can't know what hour". If that were true what would be the point of watching?) However, it does make sense to the Jews who understand the expression "you don't know the day nor the hour" as referring to the Festival of Trumpets. 43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. We are supposed to watch so that the day does not come upon us as a thief. How does that make sense with the "we can't know so don't bother" doctrine. 44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Talking about false teachers, it seems the Lord here is warning about those that would tell you "this is not the time". Which is quite similar to what Peter also says about mockers and false teachers.

This age began with Jesus being crucified on the Feast of Passover, the first feast of the year. He was buried on the feast of unleavened bread, the second feast of the year. He was raised on the feast of first fruits, the third feast of the year, and the church was born on the feast of Pentecost the fourth feast of the year. Paul says that the festival days are prophetic in the book of Colossians. According to Jewish teaching in Isaiah 26 at the last trump (trump, not Trump) the gates of heaven are opened for the righteous to enter in. This chapter is read during every festival of trumpets because they understand that this refers to the festival of trumpets.
Yours is just one of thousands of different views, concerning eschatology and the second coming. I've read many convincing arguments which oppose each other, I do study the Bible and I've never read anything to suggest that our particular view of these doctrines has any baring on our salvation.

Our pastor said, we can hold to different views on these matters and still have fellowship. Some have left our Church because they hold a different view on these non essential matters.

The pastor simply concluded that we should live as if Christ will return at any moment, since nobody can know when He will return. The Bible doesn't tell us when He will return, Jesus just gave us some signs but these signs have been evident for around 70 years.

The last days began when Christ ascended to heaven, so we have been in the end times for 2000 years already. If God wanted us to know when Christ would return He would have told us, so we shouldn't try to fabricate a kind of astrology to answer what God has deliberately hidden from us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My View

Many are wondering “what is going on”? All the key points that I am going to share I have already shared in the preceding posts in my blog (ZNP -- How the Old and New Testament books fit together), but for the sake of putting everyone at ease I will put it all together here. On September 15th in Washington D.C. Trump brokered a peace deal between Israel and two Arab nations for Jerusalem to belong to Israel and so that they could rebuild the temple. According to Daniel that signifies the start of the 70th week. The age of Israel was broken into 70 weeks, at the end of the 69th week they crucified Jesus and God’s move with them ceased. That was the beginning of the age of grace, the church age. The church age ended with the signing of that treaty. (The afternoon of September 15th in Washington D.C, is September 16th in Jerusalem. That was a significant day on the Essene calendar). As a result there has been tremendous speculation among many Christians that the rapture would take place during Yom Teruah, the blowing of the trumpets. Revelation 4 begins with “after these things” referring to the church age, after the church age, a door was opened in heaven. Yom Teruah refers to the opening of the gates of heaven. Then a voice like a trumpet called to John to “come up here”. This of course is similar to the rapture, it is also a direct reference to the Lord’s word “you shall not see me again until you say ‘blessed is He that comes in the name of the Lord’. On the sabbath prior to a man getting married he would be “called up” to read from the Torah. When he approached the entire congregation would say “blessed is he that comes in the name of the Lord”. Yom Teruah is known as the festival where “no one knows the day nor the hour”. This festival occurs on the new moon, it requires two witnesses to carefully watch the moon and once they see the new moon to go report to the Sanhedrin who will announce the day with the blowing of trumpets. When asked about the Lord’s return he told the disciples that “no one knows the day nor the hour”. He also said “except for my Father in heaven”. That is another direct reference to the marriage of the Lamb. In the Jewish tradition the man makes a contract with a woman to get married. That is the engagement contract and he pays a price for her. Jesus paid the price for us and we have the New Testament as our engagement contract. He then goes to prepare a place for her, just as Jesus said He had gone to prepare a place for us. However, it is the Father that will determine when everything is ready. So that was a second reason that many saints became quite excited about this festival (September 19th and 20th). This festival is also referred to as “the concealed day”. A day is 24 hours but this day doesn’t begin at sundown, rather it begins when they see the new moon, so you have to give yourself a two day window for that day. Also, during this day they blow the trumpet 100 times, eleven sets of nine and then one final blast. The final blast is called “the last trump”. The rapture begins with the “trump of God” and the dead in Christ are raised first. Paul calls this “the last trump” in 1Corinthians 15. Again, signifying when the rapture would take place. So then, what is going on? Didn’t God promise?

I am giving you the account of the coronation of Solomon because it prefigures the coronation of the heavenly Jesus. King David signifies Jesus earthly ministry which has reigned right up until September 16th. The story of the cross, the death and burial of Jesus, His resurrection from the dead, and the church age. The condition of the church is foreshadowed with several pictures in this account. You have David who is ready to die, like Sardis. You have the Shunamite woman who is neither hot nor cold, like Laodicea. You have the deep things of Satan seen in Thyatira trying to usurp the throne depicted by Adonijah and those with him, setting up their own Pope. And, you have the faithful servants of the Lord, (Zadok the priest, Benaiah son of Jehoiada, Nathan the prophet, Shimei and Rei and David’s special guard did not join Adonijah). The church in Philadelphia is typified by Bathsheba, the mother of Solomon. So at Solomon’s coronation you see three groups of people. There are the faithful witnesses watching for the fulfillment of the promises, you have those who were misled to follow Adonijah, and you have those in open rebellion against the Lord. When they see that Solomon is crowned King those that were misled immediately flee, and the rebellious ask not to be judged. After Yom Teruah there are ten days of awe, during this time the books are opened and the Lord puts the people into three groups. The faithful servants, the foolish and lazy servants who were sleeping, and the wicked who belong to Satan.

So then we come to the great sign in heaven that John talks about in Revelation 12. A woman crowned with 12 stars, clothed with the sun, the moon is under her feet and she is in travail to give birth to the man child. This sign has only occurred twice in human history, the first time was 3915 BC, and is considered the sign depicting the first prophecy concerning Jesus “the seed of the woman will crush the serpent’s head but he will bruise His heel”. The book of Revelation reveals that Jesus is the “first and the last”, the “alpha and the omega”. This sign acts as wonderful bookends to God’s redemptive plan for man. This sign appeared on September 23rd, 2017. It was preceded by a full solar eclipse over Washington D.C. Now many Christians will scoff at this as “astrology” a vile and condemned practice. Psalm 19 1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. 2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. 3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard. 4 Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun, The glory of God is Jesus Christ, His handiwork is His redemption. This story is placed in the 12 constellations of the ecliptic (the line gone throughout all the earth). If you look at the stars you would never be able to see those animals and creatures, God proclaimed his gospel plan in pictures in the heavens for all to see regardless of the language they spoke. Daniel understood this and told the Magi what sign they should look for, which is why they came to Jerusalem claiming to have seen Jesus star. Job refers to this extensively in his book. Balaam’s prophecy refers to a sign in the stars. In Genesis God made the stars for “signs”, not just for days, seasons and years. The two big signs are Jesus first coming and His second coming. So, let’s not scoff at God’s design, Psalm 19:11 Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward. If we can be warned by them so much the better. So then on September 23rd this sign was seen. In the Jewish wedding the bride circles the groom three times before the wedding begins. The earth has circled the sun three times since this sign appeared. But it wasn’t quite three times by September 20th, so what is going on? Again, the ten days of awe are called the “Jacob’s trouble” and are understood to refer to the tribulation. However, in Daniels prophecy the tribulation is only 1 week, seven days. The days of awe are also when Jesus is discerning who is who (good and faithful servant who enters into the joy of the Lord, wicked and lazy servant cast out into outer darkness where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth and those who belong to Satan, the Antichrist, and the false prophet). Also, that last trump on Yom Teruah woke up the dead who are to rise first. So then if it takes three days for the first group to be selected, then that will leave three and half days to determine who is in the second group, and the last three and half years will be for that third group. So although I have not read anyone having this theory, I will still present it to you. When you read the story of the wise and foolish virgins it says the Lord comes “at the midnight hour”. At first I tried to look to see if that was the custom but common sense took over. Obviously that was not the custom. Weddings have people of every age from young babies to the very elderly. Who ever heard of a wedding feast beginning with a midnight procession? You would have to be the coolest dude in the Universe, the “Fonze” for eternity. The expositors say that “this was obviously at a time later than the virgins had expected”. So in this theory the last trump of Yom Teruah was to wake up the “sleeping” virgins (the dead) and then at the Trump of God on the 23rd, 3 days later, they will rise first.

Upvote 0

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟273,748.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

And there shall be signs in sun and moon and stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, in perplexity for the roaring of the sea and the billows; Luke 21:25

I wasn't really a fan of the videos.

As to 'Daniel's 70th week', we are already in it, it started dusk April 19, 2018 - 70 Hebrew calendar years from May 14, 1948, the start of Jerusalem's desolations per Daniel 9:2's 70 years.

As to the Rev 12 star sign, add 2520 days to it (2 sets of 1260 days) to get to Aug 17, 2024. (This starts the '9 months birth' in Rev 12)

How these 2 timeframes intersect: just go down all the time-frames listed in Daniel 9: 70 years (Daniel 9:2), 70 weeks (Daniel 9:24), 7 weeks (Daniel 9:25), 62 weeks (Daniel 9:25), then 1/2 week (Daniel 9:27). That gives us Dec 21, 2020 which starts the abomination.

This winter is the time of Matthew 24:15-21.

The abomination starts 1335 days which takes us to Aug 17, 2024. Then it takes 70 weeks to 'finish the transgression' (Daniel 9:24), the 69th week is 24 Kislev (when Zerubabbel is anointed and the 7th Bowl of wrath = Haggai 2:20-23).

The Matthew 24:29-31 'gathering' happens 2x because it has 2 meanings: "Immediately after the arising of the false christs" (the abomination appears, then the false christs arise = the 1st Trumpet) & "immediately after the time of the false christs" = 7th Trumpet. 2 gatherings in Revelation.

There is a lot more info in the pdf in my signature line.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
My View

Many are wondering “what is going on”? All the key points that I am going to share I have already shared in the preceding posts in my blog (ZNP -- How the Old and New Testament books fit together), but for the sake of putting everyone at ease I will put it all together here. On September 15th in Washington D.C. Trump brokered a peace deal between Israel and two Arab nations for Jerusalem to belong to Israel and so that they could rebuild the temple. According to Daniel that signifies the start of the 70th week. The age of Israel was broken into 70 weeks, at the end of the 69th week they crucified Jesus and God’s move with them ceased. That was the beginning of the age of grace, the church age. The church age ended with the signing of that treaty. (The afternoon of September 15th in Washington D.C, is September 16th in Jerusalem. That was a significant day on the Essene calendar). As a result there has been tremendous speculation among many Christians that the rapture would take place during Yom Teruah, the blowing of the trumpets. Revelation 4 begins with “after these things” referring to the church age, after the church age, a door was opened in heaven. Yom Teruah refers to the opening of the gates of heaven. Then a voice like a trumpet called to John to “come up here”. This of course is similar to the rapture, it is also a direct reference to the Lord’s word “you shall not see me again until you say ‘blessed is He that comes in the name of the Lord’. On the sabbath prior to a man getting married he would be “called up” to read from the Torah. When he approached the entire congregation would say “blessed is he that comes in the name of the Lord”. Yom Teruah is known as the festival where “no one knows the day nor the hour”. This festival occurs on the new moon, it requires two witnesses to carefully watch the moon and once they see the new moon to go report to the Sanhedrin who will announce the day with the blowing of trumpets. When asked about the Lord’s return he told the disciples that “no one knows the day nor the hour”. He also said “except for my Father in heaven”. That is another direct reference to the marriage of the Lamb. In the Jewish tradition the man makes a contract with a woman to get married. That is the engagement contract and he pays a price for her. Jesus paid the price for us and we have the New Testament as our engagement contract. He then goes to prepare a place for her, just as Jesus said He had gone to prepare a place for us. However, it is the Father that will determine when everything is ready. So that was a second reason that many saints became quite excited about this festival (September 19th and 20th). This festival is also referred to as “the concealed day”. A day is 24 hours but this day doesn’t begin at sundown, rather it begins when they see the new moon, so you have to give yourself a two day window for that day. Also, during this day they blow the trumpet 100 times, eleven sets of nine and then one final blast. The final blast is called “the last trump”. The rapture begins with the “trump of God” and the dead in Christ are raised first. Paul calls this “the last trump” in 1Corinthians 15. Again, signifying when the rapture would take place. So then, what is going on? Didn’t God promise?

I am giving you the account of the coronation of Solomon because it prefigures the coronation of the heavenly Jesus. King David signifies Jesus earthly ministry which has reigned right up until September 16th. The story of the cross, the death and burial of Jesus, His resurrection from the dead, and the church age. The condition of the church is foreshadowed with several pictures in this account. You have David who is ready to die, like Sardis. You have the Shunamite woman who is neither hot nor cold, like Laodicea. You have the deep things of Satan seen in Thyatira trying to usurp the throne depicted by Adonijah and those with him, setting up their own Pope. And, you have the faithful servants of the Lord, (Zadok the priest, Benaiah son of Jehoiada, Nathan the prophet, Shimei and Rei and David’s special guard did not join Adonijah). The church in Philadelphia is typified by Bathsheba, the mother of Solomon. So at Solomon’s coronation you see three groups of people. There are the faithful witnesses watching for the fulfillment of the promises, you have those who were misled to follow Adonijah, and you have those in open rebellion against the Lord. When they see that Solomon is crowned King those that were misled immediately flee, and the rebellious ask not to be judged. After Yom Teruah there are ten days of awe, during this time the books are opened and the Lord puts the people into three groups. The faithful servants, the foolish and lazy servants who were sleeping, and the wicked who belong to Satan.

So then we come to the great sign in heaven that John talks about in Revelation 12. A woman crowned with 12 stars, clothed with the sun, the moon is under her feet and she is in travail to give birth to the man child. This sign has only occurred twice in human history, the first time was 3915 BC, and is considered the sign depicting the first prophecy concerning Jesus “the seed of the woman will crush the serpent’s head but he will bruise His heel”. The book of Revelation reveals that Jesus is the “first and the last”, the “alpha and the omega”. This sign acts as wonderful bookends to God’s redemptive plan for man. This sign appeared on September 23rd, 2017. It was preceded by a full solar eclipse over Washington D.C. Now many Christians will scoff at this as “astrology” a vile and condemned practice. Psalm 19 1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. 2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. 3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard. 4 Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun, The glory of God is Jesus Christ, His handiwork is His redemption. This story is placed in the 12 constellations of the ecliptic (the line gone throughout all the earth). If you look at the stars you would never be able to see those animals and creatures, God proclaimed his gospel plan in pictures in the heavens for all to see regardless of the language they spoke. Daniel understood this and told the Magi what sign they should look for, which is why they came to Jerusalem claiming to have seen Jesus star. Job refers to this extensively in his book. Balaam’s prophecy refers to a sign in the stars. In Genesis God made the stars for “signs”, not just for days, seasons and years. The two big signs are Jesus first coming and His second coming. So, let’s not scoff at God’s design, Psalm 19:11 Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward. If we can be warned by them so much the better. So then on September 23rd this sign was seen. In the Jewish wedding the bride circles the groom three times before the wedding begins. The earth has circled the sun three times since this sign appeared. But it wasn’t quite three times by September 20th, so what is going on? Again, the ten days of awe are called the “Jacob’s trouble” and are understood to refer to the tribulation. However, in Daniels prophecy the tribulation is only 1 week, seven days. The days of awe are also when Jesus is discerning who is who (good and faithful servant who enters into the joy of the Lord, wicked and lazy servant cast out into outer darkness where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth and those who belong to Satan, the Antichrist, and the false prophet). Also, that last trump on Yom Teruah woke up the dead who are to rise first. So then if it takes three days for the first group to be selected, then that will leave three and half days to determine who is in the second group, and the last three and half years will be for that third group. So although I have not read anyone having this theory, I will still present it to you. When you read the story of the wise and foolish virgins it says the Lord comes “at the midnight hour”. At first I tried to look to see if that was the custom but common sense took over. Obviously that was not the custom. Weddings have people of every age from young babies to the very elderly. Who ever heard of a wedding feast beginning with a midnight procession? You would have to be the coolest dude in the Universe, the “Fonze” for eternity. The expositors say that “this was obviously at a time later than the virgins had expected”. So in this theory the last trump of Yom Teruah was to wake up the “sleeping” virgins (the dead) and then at the Trump of God on the 23rd, 3 days later, they will rise first.
I don't know how accurate or inaccurate your exposition of Revelation 12 is, because I have never studied the book of revelation. My Church studied it only once in 18 years and that was just before I joined 3 years ago.

We obviously don't think it's as important as other books are, for equipping us to live the Christian life. We're not saying that it's not important but it's not a priority, 90% of our pastor's sermons deal with the four gospels and the NT in general.

If a person is walking with the Lord, then the timing of the tribulation and the second coming don't matter much.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know how accurate or inaccurate your exposition of Revelation 12 is, because I have never studied the book of revelation. My Church studied it only once in 18 years and that was just before I joined 3 years ago.

We obviously don't think it's as important as other books are, for equipping us to live the Christian life. We're not saying that it's not important but it's not a priority, 90% of our pastor's sermons deal with the four gospels and the NT in general.

If a person is walking with the Lord, then the timing of the tribulation and the second coming don't matter much.
I get that reasoning. Which is more important to know the material for the exam or to know when the exam is being held?

The issue I have with that reasoning is it makes Jesus and Paul seem misguided since they placed great importance on the need to "watch" so that the day does not come upon you unawares.

Also, I believe studying this has strengthened my faith and appreciation for the glory and majesty of God. It is truly amazing.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It occurred to me today that Jesus said two things that are seemingly a paradox.

1. When the bridegroom comes the virgins have fallen asleep and it is the midnight hour. Apparently He has taken longer than expected. This sentiment is echoed in Peter and other places.

then

2. He says "behold I come quickly".

So how can both be true? First it is easy to see that Jesus has come later than expected, I present that aspect in post #16. But He can also come quickly. There is only a single moment when the entire Earth is going to be in a single day. For the vast majority of believers their day begins at midnight (ironic) but this day must begin at sunset because all of the feast days have been predictive of the key events in the New Testament, and those days so far have all begun at sunset. So the day begins six hours sooner than the vast majority of believers will be expecting.

Upvote 0