• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

father seeks help with very young wife who seeks ana bortion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

juden6940

Jan 5, 2007
✟7,663.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True and if we have our last child at that age, we'd be empty nesters by our early forties. Wow.
i'm not going to think that far ahead though.
We have to think about right now, and how we are going to make it just through the next year.

How are you doing. you said you were having problems with insurance and syuff?

Upvote 0

juden6940

Jan 5, 2007
✟7,663.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
there's one thing I am upset about. Like I said before, my wife is very small and petite and hardly looks like she is pregnant at all, so yesterday when we were looking for some maternity dresses for her, I walked to the other side of the store just to get some soda, and came back and found two other guys from my the highschool I was going to hitting on her and looking her up and down, until they saw the ring on her finger and our daughter who was with me.

I had to bite my lip just to stay under control.

Upvote 0

juden6940

Jan 5, 2007
✟7,663.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Prgasus

I have another question. How do you get two sister in laws to get along. I mean they get along, but it doesn't seem they have much in common. My sister has always said she had been waiting for me to grow up, get married, have kids, so she could have neices nephews and a sister in law to hang out with and be friends. Ofcourse, she always thought I'd be older than a younger teenager when I started, but nevertheless she wants to be friends with my wife and my wife does not seem to be responding at all. She gets very quite around my sister, and never says much around her.
My sister will eb going on thirty this year, and is a very kind godfearing women with two young boys who only wants to be friendsw with my wife. I know there is an age gap there, and an almost thirty year old does not have much in common with a 15 year old, except for the fact that their both mothers.
I don't want to force my wife to hang out with my sister if she feels uncomfortable around her, but I also do not want to hurt my polder sister's feelinsg either.
How do I spare the feelinsg opf two of the most important girls to me in my life?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

juden6940

Jan 5, 2007
✟7,663.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow, I am sorry to hear about that. I will pray it gets better for your family.
My sister and wife aren't on the outs with one another. My wife just says she feels uncomfortable around my sister, because she is twice her age, doesn't have alot in common with her. Plus, my wife is an extremely shy quiet girl, and my sister is a non-stop talker, who sometimes sticks her nose into affairs, and drops her share of advice where my wife doesn't want it.

Upvote 0

PegasusOnFire

is currently unsupervised...
Jun 25, 2003
Iowa
✟25,153.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have a sister in law (I have 3 SIL's) that is a talker as well, and I just caulk that up to that is Jamie. She won't stop being a talker and I won't stop being a listener. It has worked out great with us, and I pray that your wife and sister can find that good medium. You could talk to your sister and let her know that her advice giving kind of turns your wife off. And also add thta it does you as well, don't make your wife the enemy or the wrong doer, cause that is what she will think.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PegasusOnFire

is currently unsupervised...
Jun 25, 2003
Iowa
✟25,153.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
True, maybe the same relationship that works out for you and your sister could work for them.
How long have you and your sister in law known each other?
How does a young girl like my wife relate to an almost 30 as friends?

I have known my SIL since I was 12.

they need to find something in common, like shopping, movies, books anything they can relate on the same level as not thier kids.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.