• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

father seeks help with very young wife who seeks ana bortion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lostndown

4 months???? please please please please think about what u are doing im very much against abortion too. ur baby can suck his or her thumb by now and may have already started to kick. if thats the case then u and her will be the ones living with this decision whether u have a beautiful baby in 5 months or cry alot cuz u dont

ill keep ur family in my prayers

Upvote 0

super mom

Jan 17, 2005
utah
✟22,762.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I don't want an abortion at all, and I think in her heart my wife does still want the baqby, but is scared on how we will handle it with her still 15and a half. You are right, we do have the help of family, and they will be angry again at first, but will settle down, because we are married and know that we love one another very much and are committed to our lil family. I am just trying to make my wife understand this, andf that after our second baby would be born, then we could go on birth control like we should have on our wedding night already.
She is such a small girl that she barely even looks pregnant, but the doctor says that she is 4 months along already. ( don't even know how far along you have to be before an abortion is illegal, but I don't I don't want it with us.
This situation has also been taking attnetion away from the daughter we already have.
Admittedly when we were married, we didn't use protection, and that is our fault. No, we wanted to wait until we were out of our teenage years before having another child. A few years ago, I never would have thought I'd be married and have two child all before the age of 18, and a young wife.
Thank you fr the advice, and thinking of us.
after foruteen weeks along it is now a partial-birht abortion and after reading on an abortion website the techniques on how they preform it, i believe that it is a the most horrible thing that could even be done to my worst enemy. God granted you the ability to have children if you and her do not want the responsibility of this new child then there are people out ther who can't have children that would give your little girl love and make her feel wanted ( not that you wouldn't love her and make her feel wanted it sounds like you are wonderful parents already) I had a baby when I was 14 and when he turned a year old I knew I couldn't provide for him everything he needed in life at that moment and it was wrong of me to make him wait till I could so I gave him more than I could have ever given him, he now has a Mom and Dad aand three sibs (all adopted except for one Mom and Dad couldn't have anymore.) He is happy and so am I

Upvote 0

super mom

Jan 17, 2005
utah
✟22,762.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ya, but I seem like the person in the middle, going inbetween the both of them back and forth.

Her mom's doctor said the depo shot is best for birth control.
the depo shot can mess her up for life, it causes problems trust me i know because it has messed me up i have had 7 pregnancies and two of them went fullterm the others were miscarriages, i recommend the nuva-ring

Upvote 0

lavenderskies

Senior Veteran
Mar 27, 2006
Kentucky
✟18,522.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
First I want to say Praise God that this baby's life has been saved!!!!
Second, I am sure it is hard for you both. There is another person on CF who is 17 married and a mother.
I was 18 when I married. I had my first child at 19 and second at 20.
It is very hard to do, but it can be done.
I strongly recommend birth control for your family after the birth of this child. I would suggest maybe the patch or pills for her, and condoms for you. Use 2 forms of birth control.
I would imagine part of your wife's increased sex drive is that she does not have the fear of getting pregnant as she already is. I was always that way when pregnant. I think men sometimes fear hurting the child also.
I will be praying for your family. Plan the birth control before she gives birth. Talk to her doctor and find out what he suggests to her. I would be against the depo shot for sure though. My daughter is 16 and on the patch. She is on it for regularity not birth control. She loves it.

Upvote 0

juden6940

Jan 5, 2007
✟7,663.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow, I didn't think I'd still be getting responses to my post yet, but god bless you all and thank you.
I'm begining to think now that part of my wife's fear in the fair place and thinking initially about abortion was the fact that she will have given birth not once, but twice now before the age of 16 years old. You can't imagine the funny looks we get from people like if we are out shopping or something with our young daughter, and rings on our fingers, especially when people see our age, and then see the small bloop on her tummy because of her second pregnancy.
I just tell her, we are in this together, not just her and that I love her. I work alot of everyweek(for my father in law) to make sure my small family has everything we need.
We have talked about using the paqtch, but neither of us have been in favort of using condoms, but we'll see. I know we are very young to be married, and have to children. Looking back, we would have made sure that we never would have made the big mistake we did two years ago at 15 and 13, because we both missed out on soo much. But even so, I don't honestly believe that I could live without my girls anymore by me, close to me in my arms everyday.

Also, she is the one who made me go online to ask advice on chat forum, and god bless I founf friends that did:)
She is a very shy quite girl who was nervous to do so herself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lavenderskies

Senior Veteran
Mar 27, 2006
Kentucky
✟18,522.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You let your wife know she is welcome here also. Noone is going to judge her, we love as Christ loves. I am really happy for you both. You seem to be offering your children something money cannot buy and that many kids do without and that is love. God Bless you both for that.

Upvote 0

juden6940

Jan 5, 2007
✟7,663.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, we do love our child, and the one that is coming. I don't see how it is possible not to love children, especially when they come from you.
we have not considered adoption at all, even though it is hard with our ages. Both girls are ours, and came from both of us, and we could not bear to give either away.

My wife was a junior high cheerleader before she got pregnant the first time, and I think she is trying to turn our lil girl into one now to. She painted her room pink, and went and got her lil pom pons and everything.
How long can you have sexual relations with your wife while she is pregnant. she will soon in a couple days almost be in her 5'th month. I don't know because after our first daughter was conceived we weren't together again like that until our wedding night.

Upvote 0

lavenderskies

Senior Veteran
Mar 27, 2006
Kentucky
✟18,522.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sex with your wife should be safe up until delivery, unless her ob tells her otherwise. Many women resort to sex in the end as an attempt to bring on labor, which it can do MUCH later in pregnancy. Many men fear they will hurt the child or indent its little head. Neither of these is true. I have 5 children, 3 of those I gave birth to and I had sex up until delivery. You do need to wait 6 weeks after she gives birth, and be very gentle with her the first time after delivery.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

juden6940

Jan 5, 2007
✟7,663.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pegasus:

Your baby daughter will be so close in age to your older child that I am sure they will grow to be the best of friends, and do ebverything together. I am very happy fr you:)
Last night, we had a family get together, and my wife's lil 6 year old brother asked her if he could be the protector of our girls, while he held our one year old in his arms.
They're cute together. He makes her laugh.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.