USA
✟23,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In moments of doubt I have taken solace in the Jesus' Prayer and reciting the Apostles' Creed.

The Jesus Prayer is "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner."

And the Apostles' Creed, if you are not familiar, is,

"I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord; Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into hell; the third day He arose again from the dead. He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body and life everlasting. Amen."

I commit myself to the confession which I first received.

-CryptoLutheran
One thing, I am not a catholic. No offense against Catholics

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It happened. I was strong in my faith and I have fell into doubt. I am doubting Christianity and the Bible.

Some doubt can be good so long as it propels us toward answers rather than becoming something we obsess about. What standard are you using to assess whether or not to doubt Christianity and the Bible? You can't call a thing crooked if you you haven't something straight to compare it to. What is the "straight line" that prompts you to think Christianity is crooked?

Is Christianity the true religion? How do you know it is?

How do you know it isn't? There are many good reasons to think Christianity is the one, true religion. Here are some websites that explain why:

www.crossexamined.org
www.reasonablefaith.org
www.coldcasechristianity.com
www.rzim.org

Regions like Islam claim they are true.

Yes. By what criteria do you assess if the claim of Islam to be true is, in fact, true?

I am trying to pray hard to get a confirmation from God that Christianity is true. Hopefully, sometime soon God can reveal the truth to me. Can someone help me.

Christianity isn't just about propositions, and ideas, and facts. It isn't about evidence and argument, either. Christianity at its heart is about Christ. A Christian is one in whom the Spirit of Christ, the Holy Spirit, comes to dwell. And the Spirit bears witness with our spirit that we are the children of God. How? By convicting us of sin; by illuminating our minds to God's truth; by strengthening us in times of trial and temptation; by comforting us in the midst of pain and sorrow; by providing materially for our needs. It is because we experience these things on a daily basis that we are sure that we are the children of God and that our belief is well-placed.

Reactions: Rescued One
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It happened. I was strong in my faith and I have fell into doubt. I am doubting Christianity and the Bible. I see some many things speaking of false religions and I am wondering what if Christianity is really a false religion. Is Christianity the true religion? How do you know it is? Regions like Islam claim they are true. What if Christianity is really the deception, which I don’t think it is. I am trying to pray hard to get a confirmation from God that Christianity is true. Hopefully, sometime soon God can reveal the truth to me. Can someone help me.
I wouldn't look at religion Kota, I think that would only leave you unfulfilled. I would suggest looking at Jesus alone.. who he is, what he did, what he will do. Christianity should have never entered the realm of "religion" anyway... it should have stayed within the confines of a covenant relationship with the creator through His son. Look at him... read the prophecies in the OT, see how he walked them out, then follow his example rather than the direction of a religion UNLESS that religion follows him. :)

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Im just saying they just want to stay with their false things they ignore God. How was your conversion of being a Mormon to a Christian? Was it hard? Did you feel like you were taught false things? I love to see people come to Christ

:swoon:Emotionally it was very hard. Mormonism expected so much of us, I hardly knew there was a life outside of it. Spiritually, the Son made me FREE! :clap: I had to study, study, study, because I knew very little about Christianity and the Bible. It was and is an exciting journey. God is good.

Upvote 0

ToServe

Sep 18, 2018
Sydney
✟29,108.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It happened. I was strong in my faith and I have fell into doubt. I am doubting Christianity and the Bible. I see some many things speaking of false religions and I am wondering what if Christianity is really a false religion. Is Christianity the true religion? How do you know it is? Regions like Islam claim they are true. What if Christianity is really the deception, which I don’t think it is. I am trying to pray hard to get a confirmation from God that Christianity is true. Hopefully, sometime soon God can reveal the truth to me. Can someone help me.

Can I call you Kota?

Kota Christianity is the genuine faith originating from Abraham otherwise how would the Temple of God mentioned in Zechariah 4 be accounted for, for the last 1948 years since the destruction of the Jewish temple in 70AD.

Kota if Christianity is not true then the Abrahamic faith isn't true. God has establushed the Temple of The Messiah when Jesus came and was raised in 3 days as the cornerstone of that Temple.

Since Christianity unlike Judaism has spread throughout all nations then the God of Abraham Isaac and Jesus certainly would not have been without a Temple for 1948 years.

Christianity is the true religion.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Stand back and look at what Christianity really is, as revealed in the gospels. Christianity means that God is love, proven by the fact that He would even allow Himself to be hung on a cross in human form, suffering from it as any human would, at the hands of His own creation, due to and in spite of our sins if that's what it takes to prove a love so wide and deep and vast, a totally ineffable love, for His wayward creation. Humility reigns and pride, with all of its ugliness, is opposed. And the resurrection proves that this love and our experience of it is eternal.

Christianity means that love and goodness reside at the very foundations of this universe, despite this messed up world we live in.. Is there really something better than that out there?

Upvote 0

Josephus

<b>Co-Founder Christian Forums</b>
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2000
Kerbal Space Center
✟150,343.00
Faith
Messianic

I'm in the same boat.

What I've learned is that you can't get confirmation except through scripture.

What I can share is that the Hebrew scriptures have never let me down on their authenticity (and they are upon which Matt-Rev are based on). It's hard for an entire nation to make up the story of the Exodus. In fact, the very reason we can trust the bible is because of the Exodus from Egypt. Consider this proof:

Exodus 3:12
And He said, "Certainly I will be with you, and this shall be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: when you have brought the people out of Egypt, you shall worship God at this mountain."

and

Exodus 19:9
The Lord said to Moses, "Behold, I will come to you in a thick cloud, so that the people may hear when I speak with you and may also believe in you forever."

Exodus 20:18-22
18 All the people perceived the thunder and the lightning flashes and the sound of the trumpet and the mountain smoking; and when the people saw it, they trembled and stood at a distance.

19 Then they said to Moses, "Speak to us yourself and we will listen; but let not God speak to us, or we will die."

20 Moses said to the people, "Do not be afraid; for God has come in order to test you, and in order that the fear of Him may remain with you, so that you may not sin."

21 So the people stood at a distance, while Moses approached the thick cloud where God was.

22 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'You yourselves have seen that I have spoken to you from heaven.'"

Now either these verses are telling the truth, or they are made up. However, it seems unreasonable to believe that when it is written that an entire nation of 6 million people heard God speak to them directly, and then also hearing God speak to Moses (after they couldn't take it any longer), from Heaven; that there didn't arise a tradition among such people that such a claim was false. It's not possible to start such a lie with an entire nation of people colluding, unless it really happened. Upon this testimony the entire bible stands. If the Exodus (and the resulting Mount Sinai experience) didn't happen at all as described, then we don't have reason to believe the bible. Yet no such denial has been found to exist, and instead, we know every year, Jews celebrate Passover... a tradition that has existed in the national memory of the Jewish people since... well, since the 1st Passover.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
. I am doubting Christianity and the Bible

There is nothing wrong with doubts or having questions.

It is what one does with them that matters.
We are to be able to give a reason for our belief.
So start looking into Christianity and the bible.

Try coldcasechristianity if you find 'evidence that demands a verdict' hard going.
I'll tell you a secret.
There are No new doubts or questions about Christianity or the bible. Every question and doubt has been asked and answers found.

It is up to you to read and accept the truth.

• Informative
Reactions: Doctor.Sphinx
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

One question; what do you believe about Jesus?

Islam says that he was a prophet. Jews say that he was a false Messiah. Other religions say that he was a good man and good teacher.
What do you say?
If he was a good, honest man; do you believe the things that he claimed?
If he really performed miracles, do you believe that these were to show the love and power of God?
If he really was raised from the dead, do you believe that this was to show that he was who he had claimed to be?

For me, this is the main, and most important, part of the faith. If I felt I had to understand Creation/evolution, the Trinity, the end of the world, the different translations of Scripture etc etc before I could have faith; I might very well not have any.
The Bible says that God created the universe, and everything in it, through Jesus.
The Bible says that Jesus was God who became a human being and walked in our shoes, to teach us about God. His coming was prophesied in the OT and is described in the NT.
The Bible says that Jesus died to take our sin and reconcile us to God.
The Bible says that, because Jesus ascended, the Holy Spirit came to live IN us and help us to live our Christian lives.
The Bible says that if we believe in, and receive, Jesus, we have eternal life and every spiritual blessing.
Jesus said that no one can snatch us from his hands; we can KNOW that we belong to him.

What do you believe about him?

• Useful
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,077.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
If you're doubting you have to investigate, ask questions and ponder deeply. Since you've already entered Christianity don't give it up on a maybe, but on a definitely, till you've exhausted all possibilities and still found Christianity wanting. Also consider whether this is true intellectual doubt or that feeling that I think many of us consider from time to time that it's all meaningless.

When I ask myself that question, I consider the alternative options and I find them personally all wanting and Christianity remaining the best of all choices. It alone explains goodness, it alone gives consolation. Islam only gives us a new type of law and Atheism gives us nothing (literally).

Upvote 0

FatalHeart

Wisdom's Associate
Jan 23, 2013
The pulsating core of the interwebs
✟20,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

"I came to you preaching nothing but Christ crucified and a display of the Spirit's power so that your faith may be based on God's power rather than human argument."

Now, Paul describes himself as a master builder and this was his focus. Alot of people can't/don't do this. Guess why. XD Anyway, I had a demon cast out of someone Islam couldn't. I had a mother cured of cancer Islam couldn't, and I have a God that will move in your life that Islam couldn't. I'll pray for you. Realize first that a battle with doubt is a battle with sin. Even now I know there will be conviction in your life, and that small voice will reveal to you the times you have known are Him. There will be more times to come for you with Him as well, but stop having an intellectual faith that follows intellectual parties that make intellectual discussions. There is nothing wrong with intellectualism, but man's wisdom is not the Spirit of God. "But if I drive out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you."

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

It's not something you just put down, you are affected by God's Word whether you follow Him or not. Wrath is still going to happen. God's plan is still going to happen it has no favor of person and isn't contingent on how you feel right now. It will never pass. People had this false impression that its just a systematic belief like any other, that the structure IS the belief, no. The structure is there to aid those who already believe to function and reach out. But even if the structures fell away, God's Word is still there. That doesn't go away.

So you have to ask yourself if your doubts and wandering mind right now are worth the gamble of your soul.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Christianity can be a religion, too. And for many that is all it is. You said you were once strong in your faith and now have fallen into doubt. If that is the case, I would suggest that you were once strong in your Christian religion, not in a real living relationship with God.

There are two Christianities.

One is the religion. It can lead to real life, but often doesn't. People go to church their whole lives Sunday and even Wednesday and it becomes like any other club where you get to know and may even like the people. Once it seems to cost too much to maintain your membership, you walk away. Sometimes it is because someone offended you. Something bad may have happened to you and you thought it was all supposed to be clear sailing, because of the lies some money-focused preacher told you. Sometimes it is because you start to doubt and decide to use their time elsewhere. And, for some, they just become hardened right in place. They keep going to church their whole lives, but are dead shells of humanity to God.

On the other hand, there is the Christianity that is a relationship with God. The person in this version of Christianity had an encounter with God. The idea of walking away from Him is almost, if not entirely, ludicrous and unfathomable to the person who has had such an encounter, because we understand who He is (at least relative to who we are) and that we need Him. We are found in almost every type of church, because God is on a rescue mission. The person who has that relationship may even look crazy to those who are of the first type of Christianity and may even be chastised or thrown out of their church (just like what happened in Scripture to the believers). If nothing else, they look zealous for Jesus and claim to be in love with God. Bad things still happen to us at times, but we never consider walking away from God. We love to fellowship with other real believers and often are extremely saddened by what the visible church looks like, because it doesn't represent those in a living relationship with God and therefore often leads others astray. But, again, no matter how bad the visible church gets, no matter what happens, no matter what professing "Christian" offends us, no matter how many other false religions seem to have an element of truth to them, we believe what God says about Himself--that He is the only true and living God, that He is the Creator of heaven and earth and every living thing, that He is the Father of the only begotten Son Jesus Christ who is the only way to The Father God (and therefore there cannot be another way to get there) and so much more. We have been woken up for the rescue mission of helping others escape the other alternative that was prepared for the devil and his accomplices and helping those rescued to walk with Him in the narrow Way so we can all then enter through the narrow Gate.

I have had atheists try to sell me their evolution and other lies. I have had other religions try to sell me their god. Before God woke me up, they made sense. After the God and Father of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ woke me up, they no longer do. I now see them for what they are: dead religions to try and account for something they don't have.

Diligently seek God and He promises to be found. I recommend listening to Scripture as much as possible. Jesus said My Words are Spirit and they are Life. God said My Word will never return void, but will accomplish all that I set it forth to accomplish. True Faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God. God said to Jeremiah that He watches over His Word to perform it.

God is worth it, the dead religion is not.

Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0

gym_class_hero

Dec 31, 2016
state of grace
✟122,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
when Im in doubt it's often because Im basing my relationship with God on my feelings. That's not the way to experience true joy. Im human, I have feelings, they change. God doesn't. During those times I have to focus more on God's word, which is unmatched by anything written before or after.

"I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 14This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 15And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him. "

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God doesn't try and fail.

I can't speak for Kota, but this isn't about God trying and failing.

When people choose to stay in something, they are making a choice. God is determined to allow man to make that choice. You could have chosen to stay in the dead religion you were in.

Jesus said "no one can come to Me unless the Father draws him," then later said "When I am lifted up, I will draw all men to myself." If Jesus meant forcibly dragging instead of drawing, then "God doesn't fail" would certainly be a valid response. But, if Jesus meant forcibly dragging then the sheep and the goats, the virgins, the builders, the soils, the fish, etc, make no sense--at least not with regard to saving everyone. If Jesus meant "draw" in the sense of standing at the door and knocking (Rev 3:20), then that makes sense and would not be God's failure if someone refuses to answer the door. Likewise, it won't be God's fault that some men don't heed the warnings clearly that some men won't be saved: the Rev 2 & 3 warnings to overcome--including Rev 3:5--and the "lake of fire" warnings that the fearful and unbelieving (Rev 21:8) and all the rest of those who aren't written in the Lamb's Book of Life (Rev 20:15).

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One thing to keep in mind is Christianity is the only religion where God saves sinners by grace. All others involve people saving themselves by works. Even though some Christian persuasions have sunk to that level.

Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
False Religions EXPOSED!
I do think that Bible is what you should base everything off. I go to a non-denominational, bible based church, no offense to denominations.

You do realize that a good chunk of those Christians who wake up on any given morning these days and realize, "Oh gosh, I'm having big doubts!!!"......................those Christians quite often come out of "non-denominational" and/or more "hyper-fundamentalist" churches, don't you?

My point is that churches that focus too much on 'protecting' the bible or on attaining the ultra-charismatic life are, more often than not, prone to failing belief among their members when :cyclone: Reality :cyclone: comes knocking on the door...........................................

So, try not to let it all get you down too low. Just take this as a step forward and as an opportunity for growth as a person. It doesn't have to be a downer as long as you're willing to question both the good and the bad in life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The god of Islam and the God of Christianity oppose one another. They are not the same, the writings of the Bible are opposed to the writings of the Qur'an...

So we must look to what they say, to determine which one might be an actual God, and which is fake.

In Islam, the shahadah begins with negation, there can be no affirmation without first negating. "La ilaha". You say this every single day, every single prayer, "= no God."

The Christian God on the other hand, has only to affirm His existence. "I AM"

You need only negate, when a thing exists to negate, so you have Islam negating God, that which exists, daily, and usurping the place of God.

In Judaism when a situation arises where there are two commands that contradict one another, we are to follow the one which is affirming, the one which is positive. The Christian God affirms "I AM".

The God of Islam desires slaves or servants, Abd Allah. Your life as a Muslim is about serving the god, about being good enough to please him, and having no certainty even after all that if you will see heaven.

The God of Christianity in all His sovereignty loves you, gave His only begotten son for you, atoned for your sin and justifies you, frees His own from the bondage of sin, in order to welcome you to His presence, and then you know and exist in the presence of the Living God and have surety.

These are a couple of basics, to see some differences. It is up to you to decide which one is WORTH your worship. Which one is real.

I am a former Muslim. I chose to follow the God that to me is worth even my life - I became Christian, at great cost, but the cost of my salvation was even greater. He who saves me is worthy of my worship.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One thing to keep in mind is Christianity is the only religion where God saves sinners by grace. All others involve people saving themselves by works. Even though some Christian persuasions have sunk to that level.
So since Christ saves without you needing to do anything....Does this mean the whole world is saved? If not, what does the world need to do to be saved? And if you have an answer other than "nothing," your point is refuted........

Upvote 0