Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
So since Christ saves without you needing to do anything....Does this mean the whole world is saved? If not, what does the world need to do to be saved? And if you have an answer other than "nothing," your point is refuted........

Is this supposed to be an argument between Arminianism and Calvinism? Is one of those a false religion as in all that don't agree with you are headed for hell?

• Useful
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I thought this thread was about false religions, not attacking other Christians. I don't agree with your assessment.

That's ok. You don't have to agree with my assessment, but it is correct, and it takes into account the overall context of the experiences had by the writer of this thread. :cool:

Blessings

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟918,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Christianity is the right and true religion because all other religions either add to the Bible or ignore what the Bible says altogether. The Bible is said to be corrupted or whatever so false religions invent new books that apparently "fix" the bible. But the Bible has proven itself time and time again to be factual and the very inerrant word of God.

Remember every single other religion out there has man reaching out to God. Christianity has God reaching out to man. Its just mind blowing the things that God has done for us! And we don't have to do a single thing to earn our salvation its been done FOR us! All we have to do is believe and come to Christ for salvation! Wonderful!

• Agree
Reactions: WannaWitness
Upvote 0

DavidFirth

Saved by the blood of the Lamb
Site Supporter
Nov 8, 2017
North Georgia
✟47,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Both Islam and christianity are correct religion bec jesus have talk about them and in Ezekiel they are task to build the third temple and in Isaiah they are the witnesses. This I hope should be understood by everyone. GOD IS NOT AN IDIOT to let the Muslim worship him since 630 and jesus said there is and there will be worshippers in Jerusalem who will worship the FATHER IN TRUTH AND SPIRIT. Isaiah 43 speak of them and Ezekiel 43 say they will build the temple and it all happen in jerusalem's. Now the present Christians need to regain our lost identity bec when the Roman catholic church declared Vatican 2 it effectively put the Christians out of existence. They were signatories to it but the declaration made no mention of them putting the church in wilderness. For the true religion test the SPIRIT he who says that jesus did not come in flesh and bloodis the antichrist .

That's weird because Muslims worship a god with no son. Christians worship the God who does have a Son.

There is no way that Jesus is the only way to the Father and yet God has no Son. Muslims worship a different god than the One I worship. They believe their own righteousness gets them into heaven while I believe Jesus Christ's righteousness and death on the cross get me there.

Islam is just as different from Christianity as any other religion.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is this supposed to be an argument between Arminianism and Calvinism? Is one of those a false religion as in all that don't agree with you are headed for hell?
I don't know anything about your "ism"s And I made no declarations in my post. I only questioned another member's post. And he answered.

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
just wondering to whom you are praying to know which one is right religion
There is only one true God and He will know the prayer is directed to Him. He cannot be ignorant of such a prayer! He is Omniscient!

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟521,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It happened. I was strong in my faith and I have fell into doubt. I am doubting Christianity and the Bible. I see some many things speaking of false religions and I am wondering what if Christianity is really a false religion. Is Christianity the true religion? How do you know it is? Regions like Islam claim they are true. What if Christianity is really the deception, which I don’t think it is. I am trying to pray hard to get a confirmation from God that Christianity is true. Hopefully, sometime soon God can reveal the truth to me. Can someone help me.
Kota,
The Word is God's powerful witness to us that Christianity is the One True faith. Do you know any other religion which holds a so-called holy book which reads as a deity had written it? Only the Holy Bible can live up to that standard. The Bible offers us a salvation through finely woven threads. These threads all confirm the same central message. Furthermore, the many, many accounts in Scripture were penned, under inspiration, of not one prophet, but 40+ prophets, yet no contradictions appear. The fact that Christ fulfilled the 400 or so Messianic prophecies also is a miracle itself...especially by human standards for this fact defies the statistical laws of probability.
Here is a wonderful little spec of an example of how marvelous Scripture is...
Matthew 13:52-53:
He said to them, “Therefore every expert in the law who has been trained as a disciple in the kingdom of heaven is like the owner of a house who brings out of his treasure both new things and old things.”
53 When Jesus had finished these parables, he left that place.
EHV translation

We know that this Word proved true as evidence we look to the Apostle Paul's life, he was a Pharisee...
Philippians 3:4-6:
even though I have grounds for confidence also in the flesh. If anyone else thinks that he has grounds for confidence in the flesh, I have more: 5 circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; in regard to the law, a Pharisee; 6 in regard to zeal, persecuting the church; in regard to the righteousness that is in the law, blameless. --EHV translation

We know Paul brought forth "treasures from the Law both new and old" just as Jesus said such a trained man of God would...
I Corinthians 9:9-11:
Yes, it is written in the Law of Moses, “You shall not muzzle an ox while it is treading out grain.” Is God really concerned about oxen, or does he say this entirely for our sake? Yes, it was written for our sake, because the plowman ought to plow in hope, and the thresher ought to thresh in hope of getting a share. If we sowed spiritual seed for your good, is it too much if we reap material benefits from you? --EHV translation
Following is another sample of Paul bringing out treasures from the Law...
II Corinthians 8:13-15:
Certainly, our goal is not that others take it easy while you are burdened, but that there may be equality. 14 At the present time, your abundance will provide what they lack, in order that their abundance will also provide what you lack—in this way there will be equality. 15 As it is written, “The one who gathered much did not have too much, and the one who gathered little did not have too little.” --EHV translation

One could go on, but you see that the more one reads Scripture the more one is able to detect the binding of the threads and that makes it a whole indeed, a cloth to clothe us a means in which to be clothed with Christ. Use this beautiful love letter from God, the Bible, to strengthen your faith knowing that if you repent your faithlessness He will graciously receive you back and fully restored for ...
II Timothy 2:11-13:
Indeed, if we have died with him, we will also live with him;
12 If we endure, we will also reign with him;
If we deny him, he will also deny us;
13 If we are faithless, he remains faithful, because he cannot deny himself.
-- EHV translation

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
There is only one true God and He will know the prayer is directed to Him. He cannot be ignorant of such a prayer! He is Omniscient!
Those who are wondering can do as I did when I considered leaving Mormonism. I prayed "God, I don't know Who You are, but will You, the True God, teach me the truth about you and show me the path I should take?"

Upvote 0

GreenSquirrel

Oct 9, 2018
East Coast
✟8,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It happened. I was strong in my faith and I have fell into doubt. I am doubting Christianity and the Bible. I see some many things speaking of false religions and I am wondering what if Christianity is really a false religion. Is Christianity the true religion? How do you know it is? Regions like Islam claim they are true. What if Christianity is really the deception, which I don’t think it is. I am trying to pray hard to get a confirmation from God that Christianity is true. Hopefully, sometime soon God can reveal the truth to me. Can someone help me.

When I was investigating world religions I attempted to read the Quoran. The muslims state that the Quoran is the main reason why their religion is the true religion. I only made it 1/3 of the way through. I thought it was a terrible read and extremely repetitive and uninspiring. It's very different from the Bible. They may say in their defense that it can not and is not meant to be translated... but I'm not going to learn Arabic just to confirm that I don't like reading that book.

Give it a try and see what you think.

I loved reading the Bible, however.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
All of the false religions have one thing in common. You must do something to get right with God.
Christianity is the only one where God made us right with Him.

Religions of world - man seeking God
Christianity = God seeking man
That's not at all accurate and quite simplistic. Buddhism, for example, doesn't worship any God. Judaism worships God, and Jesus was a jew. Islam incorporates much of the old testament and a mosque holds and reveres John the Baptists tomb (located in Syria so not sure if it's still standing).

My point is that the world's religions have much in common and I prefer to celebrate the similarities concerning all religious paradigms, instead of lauding that everyone is wrong and we are right - At the end of the day, the religion you hold to and swear is correct, is predominantly about where you were born and what family you were born into. If you are born in the USA its likely to be Christianity; If you are born in Yemen then its likely to be Islam; and if its Mongolia or Myanmar, then its likely to be Buddhist.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
When I was investigating world religions I attempted to read the Quoran. The muslims state that the Quoran is the main reason why their religion is the true religion. I only made it 1/3 of the way through. I thought it was a terrible read and extremely repetitive and uninspiring. It's very different from the Bible. They may say in their defense that it can not and is not meant to be translated... but I'm not going to learn Arabic just to confirm that I don't like reading that book.

Give it a try and see what you think.

I loved reading the Bible, however.
The fact is all religions have elements in its scriptures that have you frowning. The bible is no different. For example, I wondered why it is that there is a commandment not to kill, yet God on several occasions sanctioned armies to wipe out every man woman and child (including the unborn foetus in utero). There's always reasons or philosophies to explain what we may consider unacceptable in religious doctrines. The fact you accept the unacceptable in the bible (or any other religious doctrine) is more a matter of the religion you're born into and thus stick with.

Upvote 0

GreenSquirrel

Oct 9, 2018
East Coast
✟8,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The fact is all religions have elements in its scriptures that have you frowning. The bible is no different. For example, I wondered why it is that there is a commandment not to kill, yet God on several occasions sanctioned armies to wipe out every man woman and child (including the unborn foetus in utero). There's always reasons or philosophies to explain what we may consider unacceptable in religious doctrines. The fact you accept the unacceptable in the bible (or any other religious doctrine) is more a matter of the religion you're born into and thus stick with.
That isn't what I referred to so I don't understand why you quoted me. I said the Quoran was repetitive and uninspiring, boring essentially. I never pointed out any unsavory verses.

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think that sometime Satan has blinded a person so much in a false teaching or religion, they cant leave it, even if God trys to get their attention.
I agree as it is not God who has failed ,but because we have free will to choose every day we either build up a solid relationship with Jesus where we accept the Truth or we construct a false personal god from our own ego .
At sometime in a life ,we have to let go off control ,and hand it over to the Lord , even if it means feeling we are not going to get what we want at that moment .

There is someone so precious to me ,I would give my life ,but after reading the story of Abraham and Isaac I felt God was asking me to do the same as Abram , let go of my love for this person and leave the result to God . Well I did , it was at first very painful ,but God was good and nothing bad happened .In fact after that I truly felt God's support and love ,and I knew then I belonged to Him .I had passed the test of faith ,and He has been my comfort and joy now for some years .

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That isn't what I referred to so I don't understand why you quoted me. I said the Quoran was repetitive and uninspiring, boring essentially. I never pointed out any unsavory verses.
You are right ,even Einstein said about Jesus that when he read the gospels ,he could feel the 'light' coming through Him .This quote is not verbatum .This from a great intellect and from a Jewish family who was pressured not to believe in God by the atheists around him .
There is no truly personal God in the koran ,and while certain aspects of Islam is useful for ordering the society from the original pagan tribal disorder of the 7th century, it has no power to transform and inspire .

Ps. you should find what Einstein said about God and Jesus ,which was hidden deliberately by atheist scientists for a long time ,as they were afraid that people might realise that belief in God and science always, previous to Darwin and Marxism, went hand in hand .How could they not as God is the Original Creator of all of the universe !!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's not at all accurate and quite simplistic. Buddhism, for example, doesn't worship any God. Judaism worships God, and Jesus was a jew. Islam incorporates much of the old testament and a mosque holds and reveres John the Baptists tomb (located in Syria so not sure if it's still standing).

My point is that the world's religions have much in common and I prefer to celebrate the similarities concerning all religious paradigms, instead of lauding that everyone is wrong and we are right - At the end of the day, the religion you hold to and swear is correct, is predominantly about where you were born and what family you were born into. If you are born in the USA its likely to be Christianity; If you are born in Yemen then its likely to be Islam; and if its Mongolia or Myanmar, then its likely to be Buddhist.
That's identical to my own viewpoint before I decided to specifically test Jesus's instructions such as "love your neighbor as yourself" (meaning exactly the ones you didn't yet know or love) , and the unlikely one:

"Love your enemy" .
Which turned a true enemy who had treated me with contempt and dismissal for years into a loving friend, to my total disbelief (at first) and true shock.

So I continued to try out more he said.

It all works far better than meditating, yoga, Lao Tzu's wonderful Dao, free dance, true friendships (without more from Him), sweat lodges, excellent reconditioning experiences like heart encounter evenings, delightful Hindu ceremonies, singing to Krishna, drum circles, Buddhism, the delightful Kabalah, and other things I tried.

By far.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If God loves, He'd not kill (in a final way) anyone innocent...

But would resurrect everyone and give them Justice and Mercy. Where the innocents who died for any reason (a-z), and the forgiven, the redeemed who have repented, will live forever (which is the basic promise in the Bible).

But few read through the Old Testament books fully enough to learn why the Canaanite cities were destroyed.

(not for example the reason the U.S. destroyed Hiroshima, and then Nagasaki -- men, women, children -- to more quickly win...not at all.)

The cultures of these cities were erased, and most often everyone sent on to the Day of Judgement (which we all will face, and also in most every religion, including Buddhist Karma), where the guilty will be separated from the innocent...

For what reason?

Ongoing, routine (continuing for hundreds of years) sacrificing children in fire.

Here's just one of the passages on this (and it's been verified by archaeological discoveries) --

29 The Lord your God will cut off before you the nations you are about to invade and dispossess. But when you have driven them out and settled in their land, 30 and after they have been destroyed before you, be careful not to be ensnared by inquiring about their gods, saying, “How do these nations serve their gods? We will do the same.” 31 You must not worship the Lord your God in their way, because in worshiping their gods, they do all kinds of detestable things the Lord hates. They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as sacrifices to their gods.

-- Deuteronomy 12

(Abraham had learned that his descendents would have to wait in Egypt until the evil in Canaan was "full" before taking it from them. In the 15th chapter in Genesis, the " the sin of the Amorites has not yet reached its full measure.” )

So... God in the Old Testament shows He will intervene to end the greatest evils, even sending entire cities on to Judgement Day at times, and will resurrect everyone to face Justice. But He is merciful too, both in the Old Testament, and the New.

It's like a police officer sent sleeping gas into a building, and handcuffed all the suspects inside, so that when everyone wakes up, the guilty can be separated out without killing the innocents (in our metaphor, the spiritual death children would fall into by becoming corrupted in that same evil culture into various great evils over time).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zimrath

Oct 13, 2018
High Springs
✟7,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Hello,

My name is Zimrath (Hebrew, meaning Melody), and I am new to the forum.
I would like to respond to your discussion about false religion. I was where you are 5 years ago, and I seriously questioned my faith in Christianity. Well, 1st Thessalonians 5:21 tells us to "Test everything, and hold on to that which is good." It has taken me 5 years of intensive scholarly and biblical, anthropoligic-study and this is what I found: Christianity, Judaism, and all religion is false. The true worship of Hebrew-named Yahuah Alahim Tsabaoth, or Yahuah of Armies) is simply known as "The Way," and I am what is known as a "Natsarim (branch)," not Nazarene by mistake. Studying the ancient, Paleo Hebrew taught me this. Constantine, the Roman Emperor study writes:

"As Emperor, he did not make Christianity the sole religion of the state. To the end of his days, he bore the title Pontifex Maximus as chief priest of the ancient pagan Roman hierarchy. But at the same time he gave Christianity complete equality with the traditional official worship. The coins which he issued carry both the cross and the images of Mars and Jupiter. Personally, he leaned more toward the Christians and on his death bed became one of them.

He had always been impressed with the Christian ideas about the calendar. He liked their observance of a seven-day week, with the first day set aside as a day of rest and worship. The week was a complete novelty to the Roman calendar, which had its months subdivided into the impractical Nones, Ides and Kalends,

Nine years after Constantine became Emperor he issued an edict introducing the seven-day week into the Julian calendar. The weekdays had no names but were known only by numbers. The week displaced the old Kalends, Nones and Ides, and eventually the days acquired the names of the seven heavenly bodies--Sun, Moon, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus and Saturn. (Names of Pagan Dieties). We are forbidden to utter these and other pagan-names by The Father, so the days of the week's names are in themselves an abomination!

Today, people unknowingly make the mistake of consulting other languages and versions of dialect (Greek Latin, English, etc...) when the true language of Messiah's time and during the days of The Old Covenant (Torah, the first 5 books written by scribes and Narrated to them by Moshe from Yahuah) , or English pronunciation Moses), should be using Paleo Hebrew. The name Jesus came from Greek IEOSUS, and is no more than 400-500 years old! The calendar we follow today is a "Gregorian (Roman) calendar, and the original (Shabath) Sabbath is not SUNday (for sun worshipers), but on SATURDAY (Shabath Day). Don't believe me, go test The Scriptures for yourself. I pray in Yahuah's name you find truth (amath) in these words. Messiah's name is Hebrew, and it is spelled YAHUSHA. I now know that society and mankind are steeped in man's traditions and ways of the fleshly world, are not worshiping The True Way. If you would like to discuss these findings, I humbly accept. You test these things for yourself, and I pray that you find truth. Amn

Upvote 0

Zimrath

Oct 13, 2018
High Springs
✟7,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
My apologies, I am still learning how to navigate as a new member.
I had my eyes opened to false religions, all of them, and I am certain that when Constantine changed the Creator Yahuah's (Hebrew for "Hand behold, nail behold), calendar to the Roman, Gregorian calendar (so-named after Pope Gregoryhe also twisted pagan-religions with Messianic, to give us what I call "Twisted Scripture." That today is all religion, Christianity included. I say this to cause you to study this for yourself, and I say it with no ill-will or hatred, only love for my neighbor and for the truth.
"The Gregorian calendar was a reform of the Julian calendar. It was instituted in 1582 by Pope Gregory XIII, after whom the calendar was named, by papal bull Inter gravissimas dated 24 February 1582.
Found at Gregorian calendar - Wikipedia

Upvote 0