Wyoming
✟75,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's not at all accurate and quite simplistic. Buddhism, for example, doesn't worship any God. Judaism worships God, and Jesus was a jew. Islam incorporates much of the old testament and a mosque holds and reveres John the Baptists tomb (located in Syria so not sure if it's still standing).

My point is that the world's religions have much in common and I prefer to celebrate the similarities concerning all religious paradigms, instead of lauding that everyone is wrong and we are right - At the end of the day, the religion you hold to and swear is correct, is predominantly about where you were born and what family you were born into. If you are born in the USA its likely to be Christianity; If you are born in Yemen then its likely to be Islam; and if its Mongolia or Myanmar, then its likely to be Buddhist.
The LORD Jesus Christ said He was the only way to the Father. John 14:6

These religions like Buddhism are foolish. Psalms 14:1 says the fool has said in his heart there is no God.

If the Word of God is right, and it is, then any religion that doesn't exalt Jesus Christ as LORD is false.

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

My name is Zimrath (Hebrew, meaning Melody), and I am new to the forum.
I would like to respond to your discussion about false religion. I was where you are 5 years ago, and I seriously questioned my faith in Christianity. Well, 1st Thessalonians 5:21 tells us to "Test everything, and hold on to that which is good." It has taken me 5 years of intensive scholarly and biblical, anthropoligic-study and this is what I found: Christianity, Judaism, and all religion is false. The true worship of Hebrew-named Yahuah Alahim Tsabaoth, or Yahuah of Armies) is simply known as "The Way," and I am what is known as a "Natsarim (branch)," not Nazarene by mistake. Studying the ancient, Paleo Hebrew taught me this. Constantine, the Roman Emperor study writes:

"As Emperor, he did not make Christianity the sole religion of the state. To the end of his days, he bore the title Pontifex Maximus as chief priest of the ancient pagan Roman hierarchy. But at the same time he gave Christianity complete equality with the traditional official worship. The coins which he issued carry both the cross and the images of Mars and Jupiter. Personally, he leaned more toward the Christians and on his death bed became one of them.

He had always been impressed with the Christian ideas about the calendar. He liked their observance of a seven-day week, with the first day set aside as a day of rest and worship. The week was a complete novelty to the Roman calendar, which had its months subdivided into the impractical Nones, Ides and Kalends,

Nine years after Constantine became Emperor he issued an edict introducing the seven-day week into the Julian calendar. The weekdays had no names but were known only by numbers. The week displaced the old Kalends, Nones and Ides, and eventually the days acquired the names of the seven heavenly bodies--Sun, Moon, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus and Saturn. (Names of Pagan Dieties). We are forbidden to utter these and other pagan-names by The Father, so the days of the week's names are in themselves an abomination!

Today, people unknowingly make the mistake of consulting other languages and versions of dialect (Greek Latin, English, etc...) when the true language of Messiah's time and during the days of The Old Covenant (Torah, the first 5 books written by scribes and Narrated to them by Moshe from Yahuah) , or English pronunciation Moses), should be using Paleo Hebrew. The name Jesus came from Greek IEOSUS, and is no more than 400-500 years old! The calendar we follow today is a "Gregorian (Roman) calendar, and the original (Shabath) Sabbath is not SUNday (for sun worshipers), but on SATURDAY (Shabath Day). Don't believe me, go test The Scriptures for yourself. I pray in Yahuah's name you find truth (amath) in these words. Messiah's name is Hebrew, and it is spelled YAHUSHA. I now know that society and mankind are steeped in man's traditions and ways of the fleshly world, are not worshiping The True Way. If you would like to discuss these findings, I humbly accept. You test these things for yourself, and I pray that you find truth. Amn

Greetings! Alas, there are so many different variations on religion out there, and none of them are perfect except mine of course and sometimes I wonder about that one.

But God is merciful and He will not judge us on our sincere mistakes, but He will judge us on how we advance ourselves in our spiritual journeys, with His help. Are we becoming more loving? Are we willing to extend the forgiveness to others we so desperately need ourselves? Have we turned to Him for His help from our sinful condition?

Let us not lose focus on the parts of our religion that really matter the most to God.

Upvote 0

Zimrath

Oct 13, 2018
High Springs
✟7,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Islam, Christianity, and Judaism, are all related religions with esteemed teachings and characters present in all three. This is why they are all called "Abrahamic Religions".

So if you think Christianity is a false religion, it would certainly be a bad idea to convert to either Islam or Judaism.

Yes, it's a good question. Every religion claims they're the one and true way. Miracles also happen in Islam, they also have a process of casting out evil spirits, etc.

And then we have the many denominations of Christianity, each claiming they are guided by the Holy Spirit to the right understanding of scriptures.

You have to wonder of all these denominations are guided by the same Spirit, why the different (often conflicting) interpretations with another denomination?

And if they claim to be **continually** guided by the Holy Spirit. How come the Spirit they claim allows them in their conflicting understanding against another denomination??

A lot of things don't really make sense in religion if you look at it closely. Most adherents claim one thing but actual results are often contradictory. If results don't agree with what is claimed. If there are no false religions, then we only have believers who deceive themselves and deceive each other (most often not intentionally but out of irrational/mindless fear to investigate further).

I think your post is very insightful and thoughtful, and I agree that "You have to wonder of all these denominations are guided by the same Spirit, why the different (often conflicting) interpretations with another denomination?" I am a Natsarim, a branch of Yahusha Ha Mashiak, Messiah, The Spiritual High Priest of The Order of Milkitsedeq. Yahuah Alahim Tsaba'oth is His name, not G_D, who is really the name for the pagan diety of fortune; and surprise, it's not Greek, Aramaic, Arabic, English, or Jewish, its.......Hebrew. Plain, old-school, Paleo Hebrew. I was Christian for 49 years, and then I went to a Messianic Hebrew congregation. I found lies there too, but one truth I left that place and kept intact was..... The Torah, valid as ever! Let's talk about Hebrews if you like. They are the ones who "crossed-over" (Ibrim in Hebrew means crossed-over) the Jordan (Yardan). Why are we seeking all other foreign things? He tells us throughtout the entire Scriptures, both old and renewed, not to harlot after other dieties and Yahusha (Hebrew, Messiah's name, means Yahuah will deliver). This is true, and I have much to share with the community, in love, truth, and spirit, and I can back it up with Scripture. The problem I see is that people try to interpret to custom-fit and justify their own meaning(Greek abstract-thinking) instead of reading it in a literal sense (concrete in meaning).

This was what I always felt like was missing in Christianity; well that and a lot of other things now that my eyes have been opened and the spiritual-scales removed. I have used my degree in Forensic Archaeology to study this topic for more than 5 years, and I have peeled back several layers as best I could to arrive at this, and it has remained unchanged the entire time. I do not have all of the answers, and I keep my heart open and humble, and I know people will argue and debate, but we were all scattered after the destruction of The Tower of Babel. Religion is man-made, Yahuah never changes. We are even following the Wrong calendar (Gregorian. Roman Catholic) today, which throws everyone off of His feast days and appointed times. The Old Covenant (Torah, first 5 books) are as valid today as when Moses (Moshe) had them written. Love to all of my brothers and sisters out there. Please comment!

Upvote 0

Zimrath

Oct 13, 2018
High Springs
✟7,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
I think your post is very insightful and thoughtful, and I agree that "You have to wonder of all these denominations are guided by the same Spirit, why the different (often conflicting) interpretations with another denomination?" I am a Natsarim, a branch of Yahusha Ha Mashiak, Messiah, The Spiritual High Priest of The Order of Milkitsedeq. Yahuah Alahim Tsaba'oth is His name, not G_D, who is really the name for the pagan diety of fortune; and surprise, it's not Greek, Aramaic, Arabic, English, or Jewish, its.......Hebrew. Plain, old-school, Paleo Hebrew. I was Christian for 49 years, and then I went to a Messianic Hebrew congregation. I found lies there too, but one truth I left that place and kept intact was..... The Torah, valid as ever! Let's talk about Hebrews if you like. They are the ones who "crossed-over" (Ibrim in Hebrew means crossed-over) the Jordan (Yardan). Why are we seeking all other foreign things? He tells us throughtout the entire Scriptures, both old and renewed, not to harlot after other dieties and Yahusha (Hebrew, Messiah's name, means Yahuah will deliver). This is true, and I have much to share with the community, in love, truth, and spirit, and I can back it up with Scripture. The problem I see is that people try to interpret to custom-fit and justify their own meaning(Greek abstract-thinking) instead of reading it in a literal sense (concrete in meaning).

This was what I always felt like was missing in Christianity; well that and a lot of other things now that my eyes have been opened and the spiritual-scales removed. I have used my degree in Forensic Archaeology to study this topic for more than 5 years, and I have peeled back several layers as best I could to arrive at this, and it has remained unchanged the entire time. I do not have all of the answers, and I keep my heart open and humble, and I know people will argue and debate, but we were all scattered after the destruction of The Tower of Babel. Religion is man-made, Yahuah never changes. We are even following the Wrong calendar (Gregorian. Roman Catholic) today, which throws everyone off of His feast days and appointed times. The Old Covenant (Torah, first 5 books) are as valid today as when Moses (Moshe) had them written. Love to all of my brothers and sisters out there. Please comment!

Upvote 0

Zimrath

Oct 13, 2018
High Springs
✟7,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Greetings! Alas, there are so many different variations on religion out there, and none of them are perfect except mine of course and sometimes I wonder about that one.

But God is merciful and He will not judge us on our sincere mistakes, but He will judge us on how we advance ourselves in our spiritual journeys, with His help. Are we becoming more loving? Are we willing to extend the forgiveness to others we so desperately need ourselves? Have we turned to Him for His help from our sinful condition?

Let us not lose focus on the parts of our religion that really matter the most to God.

Ah, I see. I had the exact same attitude as you 4 years ago. I thought "Well, it is the same G_D, no matter what we call Him, right, and he will see my heart and not my mistakes, right?" Well, brother, I found out I was wrong. I humbled myself and opened The Torah. That entire book in itself opened my eyes at 49. People do not even bother to read from it except for The Jews and Gentiles that have been grafted in, such as myself. It does matter to Yahuah: Proverbs 4: "Do Not Forsake my Torah." Wow, can Father say it any plainer lol. Great response, thanks

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
It happened. I was strong in my faith and I have fell into doubt. I am doubting Christianity and the Bible. I see some many things speaking of false religions and I am wondering what if Christianity is really a false religion. Is Christianity the true religion? How do you know it is? Regions like Islam claim they are true. What if Christianity is really the deception, which I don’t think it is. I am trying to pray hard to get a confirmation from God that Christianity is true. Hopefully, sometime soon God can reveal the truth to me. Can someone help me.
As a former Hindu, I can tell you that for the first time I felt God's Presence and His movement in the Holy Spirit when I came to Christ. Twenty years of following Hindu deities couldn't quench my thirst for God as much as Christ did. Only Jesus had the courage and conviction to call all who came before Him, liars (John 10:8). God bless:).

• Agree
Reactions: 2tim_215
Upvote 0

Zimrath

Oct 13, 2018
High Springs
✟7,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
True. God never tries. He succeeds every time.

Isaiah 55:11
So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall.

Beautiful Scripture, thank you for sharing. I have a question. If christianity is the true faith, why wasn't Messiah christian? Thank you in advance for responses.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Beautiful Scripture, thank you for sharing. I have a question. If christianity is the true faith, why wasn't Messiah christian? Thank you in advance for responses.
Christ is the head.....Christian was used to describe those who followed Him....coined by those who werent following Him. We chose to stick with the name. Therefore, it would not be likely for Christ to be called a follower of Himself....and the term was not used until after He had done His work.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zimrath

Oct 13, 2018
High Springs
✟7,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Christianity is absolutely 100% genuine. God has been faithful to me and answering my prayers, guiding my life for more than 50 years.

Did Messiah call Himself Christian, or was He called The Living Torah? I found this article about the origins of the word Christian, and how it was used in the past as a derogatory word to describe a "cretin." No offense to anyone, I am learning the same as you.

Yahusha Messiah As ‘The Way’
Think about how radical to the Jewish mind it was when Jesus of Nazareth stated, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him” (Jn 14:6-7). Messiah was putting himself on the same level as Torah. He asserted that only as one accessed Yahuah the Father through the person of His Son Yahusha could one expect to have a relationship with the Father. He daringly maintained that our human flourishing could only be realized by coming in contact with him.

You see, this is one primary way in which He differentiates himself from other religious leaders/thinkers (Krishna, Buddha, Muhammad, Moses, etc.). Such religious icons claim to be “way-showers” or “signposts.” That is, they point away from themselves and to the end or goal of human flourishing. But none claims to actually be “the way”, in and of himself. As John Stott writes in his classic book “Basic Christianity,” “Messiah was not just another signpost, but the destination to which the signposts had led.” So, in the midst of the common “way-shower” model of religious leading, Messiah comes along and boasts quite dramatically that, (1) all human sins are, at their root, a sin against himself (Mk 2:1-12; Lk 7:36-50), and that (2) he will return at the end of time to be the final judge of all human beings, and that the nature of their judgment will be dependent on how people have responded to himself (Jn 5:22, 28, 29; Mt 25:31-46). It can’t easily be doubted then that Messiah Yahusha saw himself as ‘the Way’ to The Father, and therefore, the way to human flourishing.

Messiahs’ Apprentices as Followers of ‘The Way’
These first Jewish “Christians” then, understood Messiah to be equal with, even superior to, in function, Torah—Yahuah Alahim's (G_D) self-revelation to humanity. This is what prompts Messiahs’ closest follower, John, in his Gospel to write, “In the beginning was the Word [Greek logos], and the Word was with Alahim (G_D), and the Word was Alahim (G_D). . . .The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.” (Jn 1:1, 14). Messiah Yahusha is the divine logos, the true Torah, who makes G-d the Father known not just in his words or declarations, but in his very personal presence. He is “the radiance of G-d’s glory and the exact representation of his being” (Heb 1:3), only because “G-d was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him [Messiah], and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the stake” (Col 1:19, 20). Shalom!

Upvote 0

Zimrath

Oct 13, 2018
High Springs
✟7,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
In moments of doubt I have taken solace in the Jesus' Prayer and reciting the Apostles' Creed.

The Jesus Prayer is "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner."

And the Apostles' Creed, if you are not familiar, is,

"I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord; Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into hell; the third day He arose again from the dead. He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body and life everlasting. Amen."

I commit myself to the confession which I first received.

-CryptoLutheran

The original followers of Yahusha were known as Natsarim (the plural of Natsari), because you'll see "sect of the Nazarenes" written in your common translations at Acts 24:5.

At Acts 28:22, we see that this "sect" was spoken against everywhere:

"And we think it right to hear from you what you think, for indeed, concerning this sect, we know that it is spoken against everywhere." What sect? The sect of the Natsarim. The definition of "sect" is the same as the word "cult", and a "cult" is not necessarily a bad thing at all- it's only a label flung about to judge a group before thoroughly examining its teachings. The Natsarim were the ORIGINAL followers of Yahusha long before Catholicism and Christianity ever existed.

The brain-washing of the masses would have us believe that Abraham was a Catholic; but we know now that Kefa (Peter) wasn't one either.

In spite of this, Catholics believe Kepha was the first Pope in order to promote their teaching authority. Kaiser was known by the same title.

Kefa (Peter), was the emissary to the Yahudim (Jews from tribe of Yahuda, or Judah), and Paul to the gentiles. We are worshiping in fossilized customs, as Lew White from Torah Institute states here, and The Way is not religion at all, it's what Father told us to do in order to worship Him correctly, in The Way.

Upvote 0

Zimrath

Oct 13, 2018
High Springs
✟7,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
God is true. Some of what people said about God is false. You may need to find a good Christian to witness to you about what Christ has done for him/her. Jesus has reformed people.

"Seek and you will find." Jesus.
The original followers of Yahusha were known as Natsarim (the plural of Natsari), because you'll see "sect of the Nazarenes" written in your common translations at Acts 24:5.

"And we think it right to hear from you what you think, for indeed, concerning this sect, we know that it is spoken against everywhere." What sect? The sect of the Natsarim. The definition of "sect" is the same as the word "cult", and a "cult" is not necessarily a bad thing at all- it's only a label flung about to judge a group before thoroughly examining its teachings. The Natsarim were the ORIGINAL followers of Yahusha long before Catholicism and Christianity ever existed.

The brain-washing of the masses would have us believe that Abraham was a Catholic; but we know now that Kefa (Peter) wasn't one either.

In spite of this, Catholics believe Kepha was the first Pope in order to promote their teaching authority. Kaiser was known by the same title.

Kefa (Peter), was the emissary to the Yahudim (Jews from tribe of Yahuda, or Judah), and Paul to the gentiles. We are worshiping in fossilized customs, as Lew White from Torah Institute states here, and The Way is not religion at all, it's what Father told us to do in order to worship Him correctly, in The Way.

Upvote 0

DavidFirth

Saved by the blood of the Lamb
Supporter
Nov 8, 2017
North Georgia
✟47,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Adding to what RaymondG said, Christians are called Christians because the word 'Christian' is derived from Christ, as in Jesus Christ. 'Christ' means 'the anointed one' or 'the chosen one'. We are called Christians because we follow Christ. I hope that helps.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

The term "pope" comes from the Latin "papa" a diminutive of "pater", in Greek this is papas. It was a term of affection that was applied, in antiquity, to all Christian bishops. It is still used today, in addition to the Bishop of Rome, to the Bishop of Alexandria. As such the Bishop of Alexandria, the patriarch of the Coptic Orthodox Church, is known as "Pope"--but that term "Pope" doesn't carry the connotations among the Oriental Orthodox as it does among Roman Catholics.

And, no, that term was not used for the Roman Emperor. It was, as already stated, originally a term of affection applied to all bishops in the Church. The institution of the papacy itself evolved in the late middle ages, through a complex set of historical circumstances, to a place where the Bishop of Rome claimed a special primacy over all bishops, even having an authority to modify the Nicene Creed without the universal consent of the Church through ecumenical council--this is what led to the Great Schism in 1054. And things only intensified in the following centuries, with the Papal Schism/Avignon Papacy, the putting an end to the Conciliar Movement, and appeals to the forged document known as the Donation of Constantine which had been used by popes to claim for themselves extra authority but which has been known to be a forgery since the late middle ages/early modern period.

That the bishop of Rome sits in St. Peter's chair is not something that is debated, since the historic churches all recognize that the bishops of the Church sit in the seat of the apostles. Three of those historic sees are known as "Petrine", those are Rome, Antioch, and Alexandria. The See of Antioch is traced to both Peter and Paul, the See of Rome to Peter, and the See of Alexandria to Mark (who was Peter's disciple and companion). The unique claims of the Roman Papacy are one thing, the historic See of St. Peter in Rome another. The latter is not disputed, the former is.

I get by your use of pseudo-Hebraic names and terms that you want to come across as having some sort of ancient, more authentic Christian religion. But without the appropriate knowledge base, you aren't going to impress anyone with a basic knowledge of history and Scripture.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2tim_215

Supporter
Sep 9, 2017
New York
✟105,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Acts 11:26 (KJV) And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

The term Christian" was not used until after the Christian church was formed in Acts 2 which was after Jesus was crucified (Jesus never referred to Himself this way). The term was used to describe who were followers of Jesus and his teaching and were referred to as His disciples. A disciple was one who was a student or pupil.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟147,506.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Jesus said something to the effect that those who are not against you are for you.
God is true. He is Truth. Believing in the existence of truth is believing in God. He says so himself.
As far as is humanly possible, seek the truth and be faithful to the truth that God reveals for any of us us.

When it comes to other people with other understandings, be friends with those who are friendly. Stand by your friends, and try to make the world better through the values that all believers share in common.

Then let God take care of the rest.

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0