Feb 14, 2007
Niš
✟11,731.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Love is greater. St. Paul said so:

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Upvote 0

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Which one of these is more important for salvation: faith or love? And why do you think so?

They go hand in hand ( along with hope ) . One cannot have love without trust/belief/faith . If love doesn't exist , neither does faith ( at least in Him ).

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,156.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Which one of these is more important for salvation: faith or love? And why do you think so?
I like Wiselife's answer. How does a Christian separate the two?

A non-believer can love but a believer must love.

Upvote 0

polishbeast

Servant of Jesus
Apr 14, 2008
UCF
✟9,439.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I like Wiselife's answer. How does a Christian separate the two?

A non-believer can love but a believer must love.

So for the non-believer who does not have faith in Christ (due in no fault to his own) but loves his neighbor as himself, would that love save him do you think? I would argue that it would.

But I agree that for believers you cannot separate the two.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,156.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So for the non-believer who does not have faith in Christ (due in no fault to his own) but loves his neighbor as himself, would that love save him do you think? I would argue that it would.
I would like to believe that all who love, do that because the Spirit of God moves them to do so. I believe they will be judged as they live. Those who show mercy, will receive mercy. Those who love, will be loved.

Upvote 0

polishbeast

Servant of Jesus
Apr 14, 2008
UCF
✟9,439.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I would like to believe that all who love, do that because the Spirit of God moves them to do so. I believe they will be judged as they live. Those who show mercy, will receive mercy. Those who love, will be loved.

:thumbsup: "No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us." 1 John 4:12

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear polishbeast. Faith without Love is lukewarm, Love/Agape is the greatest ingredient fo every good deed. It is Love, true and selfless, which conquers all, and which is the victor over everything. There is nothing greater than selfless Love/Agape, and nothing can take it away. God is Love, and it is a gift God gives to all. Love will also forgive everything, and it will always find a way to overcome. I say this with lovingassurance. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.