The Shires
✟197,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you guys very much, Honestly. I am sorry I had to write here and Take up time. I just needed some help. I have Autism, severe Anxiety disorder, And Severe OCD.
Now, after talking to peplle who seemed kind but told me a ton of different theology, I wan scared and kind of Conuded me. So, I started watching testimonies of hell and it scared me away. Not completely. Nothing ever. but it made it hell.

It made seem more like there was no hope than anything. Then, I started going to these people to help me. Who ithey told me: 1-1000 will be saved . With any sin at all, you have no hope, you have to be sinless and perfect. You think Hod’s going to “understand” you, God’s not going to understand you.

Appearently, this person was adamant about how God didn’t care very much. And when I has a breakdown and asked what what was wrong, he said it was a faith thing. But he never explained it. He even said that there is no mental illness that can stop you from faking faith?

Hi Chance7

I think it's a good thing to share your problem. There's nothing worse than keeping it yourself and wrestling with it. Life can be tough without having to worry if you are saved or not. Salvation is EASY - Jesus died on the cross so we could have life. You don't have to do anything other than take the free gift offered to you. Just say "YES"

The working out of your salvation or walking with Christ can be a little confusing with all the different theologies you may come across plus the downward drag of the culture of the societies we live in. That part can be difficult but our salvation is dependent only on what Jesus did for us.

Those other people who said 1 in 1000 will be saved were wrong - very wrong. There is no scriptural basis for what they said. They don't have much Faith in the power of the God at all. Many will be saved.

Life was tough in the old days - very tough. Many would have had anxiety problems and many would have mental illness. Their society was brutal and more exposed to the harsh realities of life. God became man and lived and experienced life as a man with all it's hardships and suffering. He can relate to you and understand what you are going through.

He offers us his friendship and calls us his Children.

ISAIAH 53:10
Yet it was the LORD’s will to crush Him and cause Him to suffer. And when His soul is made a guilt offering, He will see His offspring, He will prolong His days, and the good pleasure of the LORD will prosper in His hand. 11After the anguish of His soul, He will see the light of life and be satisfied. By His knowledge My righteous Servant will justify MANY, and He will bear their iniquities. 12Therefore I will allot Him a portion with the great, and He will divide the spoils with the strong, because He has poured out His life unto death, and He was numbered among the transgressors. Yet He bore the sin of MANY and made intercession for the transgressors.…

Just be at peace and do nor fear.

Your Salvation rests in the hands of God and nothing and anything can take it from him.

JOHN 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

ROMANS 8:38
And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. 39 No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

How Good is That :oldthumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello, my name is Chance. Before I get started, I would just like to say that I’m sorry if this sounds horrible and for the length of it.

First of all, I’ve been a “Christian” for a few years now. I have a lot of mental illness and I saw the love of God when I was literally battling for what seemed to be my life with Tourette’s sundrome. I was in constant agony from my muscles. Psssing our a lot. Dehydrated and malnourished and living on Carnation breakfast essentials. I was under the delusion for many years that I was better than everyone else. I wanted to pretend I was superior because in my heart, I knew I wasn’t nearly as good as they were.

Anyway, I went through this struggle and I started to feel God’s presence. It was a beautiful white light in my mind that made me feel peace. and I began praying. God actually healed me from this and I was incredibly Grateful. I began to want to be with God and serve him. Until I started doing research on God. The people that I listened to basically told me that God Loves us. Then I started getting deeper and discovering more and more Laws and rules and litterally everything is a sin. Which wasn’t really a huge problem because I trusted in God. But after I started seeing all these people’s views and everything(rather than going by the Bible)I began to see nothing but uncertainty.

After all this, rather than trusting in God, after hearing all of these Bible verses, I began to live in fear. I came to Christ many times and asked for the Holy Spirit and for forgiveness, but I have no faith. I want Christ in my life and I’ve strives to stop sinning. But I’ve never really felt better for more than a few days.

I come to Christ and put trust in him to save me and for a few days, I feel peace and empowerment and love and victory over sins and I see fruit in my life. But then, little by little, I start to doubt and question. All the Bible verses that gave me peace and power suddenly bring fear and condemnation. The view I have of God goes from a loving father and son, to a hateful sovereign angry taskmaster and a cruel unsaving son. I feel no salvation. Then, I begin to get overloaded with anxiety and depression until I have massive backslides into sins. Then, I feel worse, nd as am absolute Blessing, Christ chastens md and pills me out and loves me. Then, the whole cycle starts again.

Honestly, it’s horrible. I live in constant anxiety and Terror and uncertainty. I’ve had every doubt and blasphemy and lie come not my mind and haunt me. I’ve “Blasphemed the Holy Spirit”, “become reprobate”, and “been given up on because God hates me” more times than I can count. I can still repent and I still love and want the Lord desperately, so I don’t think so. But every Bible verse that’s scary is God condemning me and every one that is reassuring is a Lie. I’m in constant condemnation. And it only ends when Christ helps me. Which I worry is running out. I’ve tried asking someone who is a leader about it and he says it’s a Faith problem. But I genuinely want faith. I feel like God has turned me away. But I’ll feel that a lot. This person also said “God’s not going to “understand” you”, when I was wondering if he would have mercy and understanding because of my mental illness. All I think is that it’s impossible to actually Get to Heaven because of something I can’t really control. It seems like God is just waiting to destroy me because of every little thing. I just ant to feel peace. How can I have more faith and not feel like God is going to just surprise me with some sin I didn’t know I was doing, on judgement day. How can I stop having anxiety attacks from reading my Bible and feel like God isn’t out to Get me and actually loves me?

Thank you to anyone who answers me and God bless you.

God did design what you are going through. So you actually have that right. You need to grow in the knowledge that your struggles are for your benefit and part of God's plans. Looking back, you'll see the benefit of struggle. Have your Prayers Answered by asking for the right prayers.

Upvote 0

FIRESTORM314

Site Supporter
Feb 20, 2018
The Shires
✟197,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
HOW EASY...

JOHN 11:25
I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. 26 And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”

YES YES YES YES YES

And to empathise the point again... YES !

2 CORINTHIANS 1:20
For all the promises of God are “Yes” in Christ. And so through Him, our “Amen” is spoken to the glory of God.

Upvote 0

lamb7

Little Lamb
Jul 19, 2017
USA
✟36,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hey Chance,

Don't be afraid. Firstly when someone says God doesn't know what you're going through that is a red flag. So you are telling me the God who designed and crafted the universe doesnt understand His creatures? Yea that stuck out to me.

It is not a lack of faith. I will say this because it damaged me is be careful of people who blame your illnesses on "lack of faith" there are crazy people who blame cancer or other illnesses on lack of faith and that is not loving or helpful.

I see a lot of people claiming the Chrisitan title doubting and finding scary verses to single out and debate on annd of course apply to themselves. I dont think God intended a relationship with Him to be this scary walking on eggshells type thing. I stopped getting advice from other people who only fed my fears like for example: Salvation is free BUT this and that. Makes me anxious too! I see many who dont have mental issues or anxiety become anxious die to this.

So many chrisitans are living in uncertainty and that makes zero sense! The lost are more at ease than we are.

We are still in the flesh and will not be perfect on earth. They say it's The Good News, well it's not good news if I have to earn or keep salvation or be anxious for salvation. I cannot live a life of uncertainty anymore, it has caused so much harm in my life and faith life. Jesus was, is perfect. I personally believe all sins past present and future are forgivin. Why do I believe that? Well for one 2,000 years ago when Jesus died my sins upon me loving Him were future sins from that time. AND God is not governed or tied to time like we are. God is not a liar He saved us and He is our everything. We want to please Him out of Love not Fear. We will mess up but He and only He is worthy of praise and perfection I am so thankful for His imputed rightouness ♡

Last edited:
Reactions: FIRESTORM314
Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟324,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hello, my name is Chance. Before I get started, I would just like to say that I’m sorry if this sounds horrible and for the length of it.

First of all, I’ve been a “Christian” for a few years now. I have a lot of mental illness and I saw the love of God when I was literally battling for what seemed to be my life with Tourette’s sundrome. I was in constant agony from my muscles. Psssing our a lot. Dehydrated and malnourished and living on Carnation breakfast essentials. I was under the delusion for many years that I was better than everyone else. I wanted to pretend I was superior because in my heart, I knew I wasn’t nearly as good as they were.

Anyway, I went through this struggle and I started to feel God’s presence. It was a beautiful white light in my mind that made me feel peace. and I began praying. God actually healed me from this and I was incredibly Grateful. I began to want to be with God and serve him. Until I started doing research on God. The people that I listened to basically told me that God Loves us. Then I started getting deeper and discovering more and more Laws and rules and litterally everything is a sin. Which wasn’t really a huge problem because I trusted in God. But after I started seeing all these people’s views and everything(rather than going by the Bible)I began to see nothing but uncertainty.

After all this, rather than trusting in God, after hearing all of these Bible verses, I began to live in fear. I came to Christ many times and asked for the Holy Spirit and for forgiveness, but I have no faith. I want Christ in my life and I’ve strives to stop sinning. But I’ve never really felt better for more than a few days.

I come to Christ and put trust in him to save me and for a few days, I feel peace and empowerment and love and victory over sins and I see fruit in my life. But then, little by little, I start to doubt and question. All the Bible verses that gave me peace and power suddenly bring fear and condemnation. The view I have of God goes from a loving father and son, to a hateful sovereign angry taskmaster and a cruel unsaving son. I feel no salvation. Then, I begin to get overloaded with anxiety and depression until I have massive backslides into sins. Then, I feel worse, nd as am absolute Blessing, Christ chastens md and pills me out and loves me. Then, the whole cycle starts again.

Honestly, it’s horrible. I live in constant anxiety and Terror and uncertainty. I’ve had every doubt and blasphemy and lie come not my mind and haunt me. I’ve “Blasphemed the Holy Spirit”, “become reprobate”, and “been given up on because God hates me” more times than I can count. I can still repent and I still love and want the Lord desperately, so I don’t think so. But every Bible verse that’s scary is God condemning me and every one that is reassuring is a Lie. I’m in constant condemnation. And it only ends when Christ helps me. Which I worry is running out. I’ve tried asking someone who is a leader about it and he says it’s a Faith problem. But I genuinely want faith. I feel like God has turned me away. But I’ll feel that a lot. This person also said “God’s not going to “understand” you”, when I was wondering if he would have mercy and understanding because of my mental illness. All I think is that it’s impossible to actually Get to Heaven because of something I can’t really control. It seems like God is just waiting to destroy me because of every little thing. I just ant to feel peace. How can I have more faith and not feel like God is going to just surprise me with some sin I didn’t know I was doing, on judgement day. How can I stop having anxiety attacks from reading my Bible and feel like God isn’t out to Get me and actually loves me?

Thank you to anyone who answers me and God bless you.
You simply experienced "the Law"-and came under it. But the Law, according to the Bible, turned out to simply be a teacher, telling us what's right and what's wrong but unable to cause us to be righteous, unable to justify us or make us right in Gods eyes, even though the Law, itself, is right, and holy, good, and spiritual-and beneficial to be aware of.

But the New Covenant tells us that we're not to live by the Law but rather by the Spirit. We must become spiritual as well, by having God live in us, accepting that offer from Him, the offer of communion. Man was made for this relationship-and lost without it. You've already tasted it, tasted of the Spirit, so continue on that path, living under grace, in direct communion with God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. "Apart from Me you can do nothing." John 5:15

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟455,120.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you guys very much, Honestly. I am sorry I had to write here and Take up time. I just needed some help. I have Autism, severe Anxiety disorder, And Severe OCD.
Now, after talking to peplle who seemed kind but told me a ton of different theology, I wan scared and kind of Conuded me. So, I started watching testimonies of hell and it scared me away. Not completely. Nothing ever. but it made it hell.

It made seem more like there was no hope than anything. Then, I started going to these people to help me. Who ithey told me: 1-1000 will be saved . With any sin at all, you have no hope, you have to be sinless and perfect. You think Hod’s going to “understand” you, God’s not going to understand you.

Appearently, this person was adamant about how God didn’t care very much. And when I has a breakdown and asked what what was wrong, he said it was a faith thing. But he never explained it. He even said that there is no mental illness that can stop you from faking faith?

I

"

When our problems are a lot and persist for a lot of time, people can just 'discard' you as a problematic person, but God doesn't do that he loves us and he always is there and does not criticize you, and cares for you and what is happening in your life.

And people some times i think talks because the air is free without considering a lot of issues, so i try to analyze what they say to what i know to check if has something of value or not and not take everything to the letter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JesusYeshuaisLord

Jun 7, 2018
Auckland
✟15,257.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thank you guys. Honestl, the hard part is, everyone makes it sound like God is just waiting around to throw you into hell for every little sin or slip. They say they are sinless and that we can never sin too. They basically say, “either have faith or die” but then I struggle trying to get it. I have autism too. And I get scared easily. It makes me sound bad but bad but it’s true. The verses that scare me are like “depart from me” to the people that were avidly working for Christ. Or “if you don’t have faith God doesn’t hear your prayers”. Or “if you don’t have faith, Uou won’t be saved”.

I already know that and it gives me terrible anguish. Then, this same person said that anxiety is a sin and doubt is a sin and fear and condemnation you only have because your not with Christ. Which makes it far worse when I hear that because I can’t help it. I am trying for God. It’s just that when people scare me or come off as angry, I feel nothing but anxiety and fear from them and I want to flee. I don’t mean to. I am praying cinstantly. I am reading my Bible. I am asking for God to help me. I’m just scared and I want him in my life. The times where God delivers me and shows me his love are amazing and I begin destroying sins. Why am I being punished for that?

I am so scared and this same person said that taking my medicine was just a way to forget about God? I just take it so the anxiety didn’t give me a heart attack. I want to feel better to serve God more. He said it was sin that was the reason that I feel this way and yet, God is helping me destroy sins. I don’t understand. I’m sorry

Hello :)

What did God do after Adam and Eve sinned? He killed them? They went to hell the minute they ate the fruit?
What happened to Joseph's brothers when they sold Joseph and lied to their father? God killed them?
What happened to Peter who denied Jesus? Was he sent to Hell right that second when Jesus looked at him in the courtyard?

You know if Isaiah 64:6 is true: "All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away."
Then God should have just ended it with Adam and Eve. Why even get into the trouble of giving birth to one sinner after another? Especially he knew (omnipotence) how horrible we'd all be.
Just imagine the amount of sin there is in the world and has been since the fall (actually make a mental picture of it, how would you quantify it? you could take the millions of stars in the sky). Now, picture God himself who is infinite in size and goodness (mental picture again of something bigger, larger that the stars you pictured before). That God, absorbed all that sin and killed himself so sin would be no more! Can you picture that? Can you see how willing he is to save you? This Holy God decided to come among unholy people and save those unholy people. Ezekiel's vision shows a valley of dead bones joining back together, growing back skin and organs and having life again. This is how much God will do.

Upvote 0

momofone1

Nov 18, 2018
GA
✟17,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dear friend, mental illness runs in my family. I go to a Christian based psychiatrist for my meds and counseling (depression and some OCD). My nephew has severe ADHD, OCD, may be on the spectrum. My sis is OCD and our mom is schizo-affective bipolar. Christians are not exempt from depression, panic attacks, etc. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. If you have diabetes or whatever, you go to the doc. This is no different.

• Agree
Reactions: lamb7
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ColinJesusboy28

Nov 14, 2013
Aurora Co
✟19,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The view I have of God goes from a loving father and son, to a hateful sovereign angry taskmaster and a cruel unsaving son.
When I realized that God forgives sin but He also punishes Sin I was shocked! I treated the Bible and the christian faith my whole life like "oh well I can do what ever I want because I will be forgiven" then I realized that God doesn't work this way. When we sin we hurt the world and we hurt ourselves. God is a God of wrath.

Dear Chance, I think I know what you are going through. I think that it might be possible that in paradise, heaven, God's Kingdom, that all of this vexation and suffering will for the most part me over with.
This earth will be like a bad dream and that we quickly forget about. Things will be SO good.
I know that seems like even if we are good and we obey and we behave and we try our best we are still hit and slapped by God. I know this very well. But also know Chance, that God loves it when we try to please Him and work for Him and when we call on Jesus he rejoices and he smiles on you when you persever. He has a secret for you brother! Heaven is being prepared for you !!!!! and it's because He's watching you struggle.
Keep going and win the prize :)

I was under the delusion for many years that I was better than everyone else. I wanted to pretend I was superior because in my heart, I knew I wasn’t nearly as good as they were.

I am glad you admitted to this. I have felt this on a regular basis too.. I know deep inside that I want people to be equal with me so that I can have friends and have sit down dinners and go to party's (the good ones! ;) and go to sporting events and go bowling ect. ( I haven't done any of these things in years, judge me as you wish... So I tell God I really want to believe that others are equal to me and I want to be treated the same. I think the Lord loves that prayer.

Upvote 0