Evolution = fake, why? well use your brain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul-martin

Aug 16, 2004
✟458.00
Faith
Christian
Evolution, some can't believe in god so they have to create an explanation.

We can create explanation for everything, we just need to adjust it whit what we know now.

The weakness for the evolution is that it is impossible it is illogic that all this have come from random events. I mean if you compeer the odds then god existents is extremely logic.

The probability for evulution if all factors are taken in consideration is something like 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000001 percent and
Lets say the probability for the existents of god is 0.00000003, which means that god existents is 1000000000000000 percent more logic explanation then the evolution.

D

Disciple_of_Christ

Paul-martin said:

We can create explanation for everything, we just need to adjust it whit what we know now.

The weakness for the evolution is that it is impossible it is illogic that all this have come from random events. I mean if you compeer the odds then god existents is extremely logic.

The probability for evulution if all factors are taken in consideration is something like 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000001 percent and
Lets say the probability for the existents of god is 0.00000003, which means that god existents is 1000000000000000 percent more logic explanation then the evolution.
Of course Atheistic evolution is impossible given that matter can not be generated out of nothing.

However Theistic evolution, saying that God used the mechanism of evolution as a tool for creation is quite plausible.

Given all the scientific evidence that supports evolution most Christians should realize the reality of evolution but also understand that evolution is not neccearly incompatible with Christianity.

Upvote 0

Paul-martin

Aug 16, 2004
✟458.00
Faith
Christian
Disciple_of_Christ said:
However Theistic evolution, saying that God used the mechanism of evolution as a tool for creation is quite plausible.
Genesis 1
So God created the great sea monsters and every living creature that moves, with which the waters swarm, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind.

Just want to point out that an mouse don't develop itself to an elephant!

Upvote 0

Magnus Vile

Jan 20, 2004
✟11,190.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Paul-martin said:

Which fails to explain why Darwin was a theist when he developed the theory, and why many theists aslo accept it.

Paul-martin said:

And? As long as it works with all available evidence that is what we call a theory.

Paul-martin said:

Evolution isn't 'random events' so I can assume you'll drop this argument?

Paul-martin said:

Where did you get the probability of god existing from? How about we say the probability for the existance of god is, 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% instead? It's as valid a figure as yours. (i.e. not at all valid)

Upvote 0

TheUndeadFish

Sep 23, 2004
✟15,342.00
Faith
Agnostic
Paul-martin said:
Actually, Evolution was first developed by people simply trying to understand the world. Many of them happened to be Christian.

Paul-martin said:
The weakness for the evolution is that it is impossible it is illogic that all this have come from random events.
Impossible or improbable? There a big difference...

Paul-martin said:
How do you know what the probability for evolution is? The only numbers I've ever heard were something like 100 years old using outdated ideas.

How can anyone assign a probability to the existence of god? What kind of statistical analysis can be used for this? As far as I know, there can only be opinions on this matter, not a firm number which could be used in the way you're attempting.

Upvote 0

TheUndeadFish

Sep 23, 2004
✟15,342.00
Faith
Agnostic
Disciple_of_Christ said:
Of course Atheistic evolution is impossible given that matter can not be generated out of nothing.
Evolution itself only deals with the development of life. The origin of matter and the universe is a totally different area of science.

Furthermore, there is at least 1 known way in which matter seems to come from nothing: virtual particles. Also, some ideas about the origin of the universe do have it coming from something rather than nothing. As far as I know, most of the other ideas don't even make a firm claim as to what exactly existed before the universe.

Disciple_of_Christ said:

Given all the scientific evidence that supports evolution most Christians should realize the reality of evolution but also understand that evolution is not neccearly incompatible with Christianity.
I agree with you here. There's good evidence for evolution. And there's always the possibility that god could be involved in a number of ways.

Upvote 0

Paul-martin

Aug 16, 2004
✟458.00
Faith
Christian
TheUndeadFish said:
Evolution itself only deals with the development of life. The origin of matter and the universe is a totally different area of science.
If you run, there is a probability on 5 percent you will run faster then 2 meter per second lets call this probability A. But there are an probability on 3 percent that you start to run which we call B so the total probability will be 0.05*0.03=0.015%,

So what do this have to do whit the probability of the evolution, The logic is that B FIRST must happen for A to happened. It is the same whit evolution the universe must be created, earth must be in an in an exact position away from the sun and so and so on!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

michabo

reason, evidence
Nov 11, 2003
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
✟14,055.00
Faith
Atheist
Paul-martin said:
Wow, those are sure a lot of zeros! I don't mean to be overly critical, but it may help if you could explain where any of those figures came from.

I'd also point out that if we accepted your figures (nonsensical though they appear to be), you may have disproved evolution - fine by me - but you've also disproved the existence of God. If evolution is disproved, it doesn't mean that the only alternative is divine creation. Given your figures, I'd say that divine creation would be just about the very last thing even a well educated theist such as yourself would accept.

Upvote 0

PhantomLlama

Prism Ranger
Feb 25, 2003
Birmingham
Visit site
✟9,758.00
Faith
Atheist
Paul-martin said:
If you run, there is a probability on 5 percent you will run faster then 2 meter per second lets call this probability A. But there are an probability on 3 percent that you start to run which we call B so the total probability will be 0.05*0.03=0.015%,

Ok...

So what do this have to do whit the probability of the evolution, The logic is that B FIRST must happen for A to happened. It is the same whit evolution the universe must be created, earth must be in an in an exact position away from the sun and so and so on!

Evolution makes no statements about the creation of the universe.

As for the Earth's distance from the sun, lets say that there is a one in ten-million chance (conservative, IMO) a planet will be at the correct distance from it's star to bear life, and that this distance is the only distance at which life of any kind can exist. Seeing how there are probably somewhat more than 10 quadrillion planets in the universe, that gives you an expected number of planets capable of bearing life of more than a billion.

Sounds like good odds to me.

Upvote 0

Magnus Vile

Jan 20, 2004
✟11,190.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
PhantomLlama said:
Ok...

Evolution makes no statements about the creation of the universe.

As for the Earth's distance from the sun, lets say that there is a one in ten-million chance (conservative, IMO) a planet will be at the correct distance from it's star to bear life, and that this distance is the only distance at which life of any kind can exist. Seeing how there are probably somewhat more than 10 quadrillion planets in the universe, that gives you an expected number of planets capable of bearing life of more than a billion.

Sounds like good odds to me.

I'd bet on it happening. ;)
Especially at the OPs odds. I'll never have to work again... :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Paul-martin

Aug 16, 2004
✟458.00
Faith
Christian
michabo said:
Nothing about evolution says we must have evolved on the earth. That's just silly.
That was just to make my point even more clear, also now you come whit some theories, that we didn’t evolved in earth, well it doesn’t matter, you could say we evolved on mars by random events. I say well win on a lottery 1000 times in row and I believe you!

Upvote 0

Magnus Vile

Jan 20, 2004
✟11,190.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Paul-martin said:
That was just to make my point even more clear, also now you come whit some theories, that we didn’t evolved in earth, well it doesn’t matter, you could say we evolved on mars by random events. I say well win on a lottery 1000 times in row and I believe you!

:sigh:

Not random. Evolution is not random. Mutations are random, not evolution. Selection is decidedly non random.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paul-martin

Aug 16, 2004
✟458.00
Faith
Christian
michabo said:
Wow, those are sure a lot of zeros! I don't mean to be overly critical, but it may help if you could explain where any of those figures came from.

I'd also point out that if we accepted your figures (nonsensical though they appear to be), you may have disproved evolution - fine by me - but you've also disproved the existence of God. If evolution is disproved, it doesn't mean that the only alternative is divine creation. Given your figures, I'd say that divine creation would be just about the very last thing even a well educated theist such as yourself would accept.
You missed one thing the total probability must be ONE. And WE KNOW THAT WE EXIST. Which means one of those two option must be true, and I am very very glad that i don't have to proof that because it would be impossible, i mean you know that you exist right?

Upvote 0

michabo

reason, evidence
Nov 11, 2003
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
✟14,055.00
Faith
Atheist
Paul-martin said:
No, no, no.

I think we did evolve on earth. Maybe the first organic material didn't come from here, but I don't see why not. What I mean is that you make some argument about how the earth had to be so and so distance from a start of such and such properties. Well of course it didn't! If the earth was different, then we wouldn't be here. We might be on a different planet, marveling at how well suited it was for us, but there's no reason to think this particular planet was predestined for us.

The truth is that we are well adapted to the earth, and not it for us. Douglas Adams used the analogy of a puddle remarking how a hole in the ground was perfectly designed to match its contours. The truth is that the puddle fits the hole, just as we fit the earth. If on the other hand, we were not perfectly suited for life on the earth, then you would have a good case against evolution.

Upvote 0

michabo

reason, evidence
Nov 11, 2003
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
✟14,055.00
Faith
Atheist
Paul-martin said:
You missed one thing the total probability must be ONE. And WE KNOW THAT WE EXIST. Which means one of those two option must be true, and I am very very glad that i don't have to proof that because it would be impossible, i mean you know that you exist right?
No, I didn't miss it. That was my point. It's useless to talk about the probability of us having evolved if we did, or of God existing or whatever. These aren't trials which we can evaluate probabalistically.

It's funny - you seem to grasp the point quick enough when you're nudged there, but you don't seem to grasp it in your own writing.

Upvote 0

michabo

reason, evidence
Nov 11, 2003
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
✟14,055.00
Faith
Atheist
Aduro Amnis said:
Remember children, only quallified personel should make joke Creationist post.
You think? Paul Martin is certainly doing a good job of caricature, but the line between an honest creationist and a parody is sooo thin. Tell the truth, I think the only way to tell a parody from the real think is that the parodies show more restraint :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.