Toano
✟17,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
You're missing my point. My point is that you go too far in equating evolutionary thinking, of whatever forms, with atheism. They're not the same and one does not by any necessity follow the other.

Also, I'm not an atheist, and neither are many of the posters here. I would suggest you stop talking at us as if we're atheists. It's getting tiresome. Very tiresome. Notice, too, I don't condescend upon you if you want to tow the Literalist View. If you want to take the Genesis Creation account literally, go ahead. I'm fine with that, but stop the derogation.
Sorry to respond so late. I got called away for an emergency and was out of communication.

I don't think I'm going too far with equating evolution with atheism when 95% of evolutionists are atheists. Now, it is clear that you are among that small 5% of the sample who believe in evolution while believing in God. What I'm saying is that any stats or "science" you get from evolutionists is going to be tainted by a worldly evolutionary view and not an objective view. You will NEVER hear about Intelligent Design. Just pick up any scientific journal.

Upvote 0

HarleyER

Jan 4, 2024
Toano
✟17,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Of course, God could have created the world in 6 days 10,000 years ago. But so what? God could have done many things. What matters is what the evidence suggests did actually happen.
Like Jesus changing water to wine, the so called "evidence" suggest nothing. Just as you mentioned the God "could" have done so. One has to have some very hard evidence from an independent source.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't think I'm going too far with equating evolution with atheism when 95% of evolutionists are atheists.
Show us that data. Checkable sources.

Darwin, for example, thought that God created the first living things. But we'll be waiting to see your evidence that 95% of us are atheists. I'll be asking again, if you forget.

What I'm saying is that any stats or "science" you get from evolutionists is going to be tainted by a worldly evolutionary view and not an objective view.
Perhaps you don't know how science works. It depends on evidence that is repeatable, and verifiable.

You will NEVER hear about Intelligent Design.
Nonsence. Michael Behe, for example, is an evolutionist and and advocate of "intelligent design." Michael Denton is a fellow of the Discovery Institute and acknowledges the fact of evolution. How could you not know these things?

Don't forget to show us that data proving that 95% of us are atheists.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry to respond so late. I got called away for an emergency and was out of communication.
No problem. I know people have lives to live. ;)
I don't think I'm going too far with equating evolution with atheism when 95% of evolutionists are atheists. Now, it is clear that you are among that small 5% of the sample who believe in evolution while believing in God. What I'm saying is that any stats or "science" you get from evolutionists is going to be tainted by a worldly evolutionary view and not an objective view. You will NEVER hear about Intelligent Design. Just pick up any scientific journal.

And what is an "objective" view in your understanding of the Nature of Science, Harley? I'm just wondering because I think that true and full objectivity is hard to come by where historical appraisal is involved in the process of doing science, so when I refer to what I've learned from evolutionists either Christian or atheist, I tend not to get very disconcerted about it in relation to my faith in Christ. And as far as I know, the evolutionary Christian scientists that I read/study use the same measures and similar praxis that their irreligious counterparts do.

Anyway, I appreciate the thoughts and studies done by some Christian advocates of Intelligent Design, and I don't discount those things. It's just I don't find their argument compelling just yet where all philosophical considerations are being plied to the protocols of science.

Last edited:
Upvote 0