Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Holy Spirit convicted me of unbelief.
When I saw the law, I knew what a wretched man I was.
Getting a glimpse of the holiness of God showed it even more.
And the Accuser of the brethren is always pointing out my sin, and he keeps bringing it up.
No need to convict me of sin, I need a revelation of righteousness. John 16:8-9
And seriously think about the concept of the Holy Spirit convicting you of sin.
Would He convict you of sin based on what you know of Scripture, or what He knows of Scripture?
If you don't know of a Scripture that says what you did was a sin, would He still be grieved?
Could you imagine having a person who is always with you and every time you sinned, He reminded you of it?
He might say I am reminding you because I love you. But every single sin you commit, He reminds you of.
How long before you wish this person would just leave you alone?
Whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
To him that knows to do good and does it not, to him it is sin.
Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. And your neighbor as yourself.

O LORD, if You should mark iniquity who could stand? Psalm 130:3
The Holy Spirit will never contradict the Word.
What does it mean to...
Convict you of sin?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That was almost a good scripture to post for your argument, but when a person actually reads the Psalm in context, we realize that it doesn't support the loss of salvation one bit, even though you try and quote it in support of your argument.

This Psalm is David speaking about his enemies, and is also a future prophecy of Jesus Christ being persecuted and hated by the Pharisees and unbelieving Jews of his day.

Psalm 69:25-28 "Let their habitation be desolate; and let none dwell in their tents. For they persecute him whom thou hast smitten; and they talk to the grief of those whom thou hast wounded. Add iniquity unto their iniquity: and let them not come into thy righteousness. Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous."

So the context of the Psalm clearly proves that the people he wants blotted out of the book of life are not even saved to begin with, because they haven't come into the righteousness of the Lord based upon verse 27.

This is more of a verse about David wanting those who are his enemies to become reprobates (meaning they're not save-able because their hearts are hardened), which means the Lord blots their name out of the book of life before they ever even die.

Because we know that judgement happens to a person when we die (Hebrews 9:27) where we stand before the throne of Christ (2 Corinthians 5:10). It is at that point in which a person who is unbelieving gets blotted out of the book of life and cast into hell. However, reprobates are even worse because they get blotted out before they're ever even dead, according to Romans 1.

Brother someone’s name can only be written in the book of life if they are saved.

“And all the people who belong to this world worshiped the beast. They are the ones whose names were not written in the Book of Life that belongs to the Lamb who was slaughtered before the world was made.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭13:8

Here’s another example that it is possible to be blotted out of the book of life.

“Go back to what you heard and believed at first; hold to it firmly. Repent and turn to me again. If you don’t wake up, I will come to you suddenly, as unexpected as a thief. “Yet there are some in the church in Sardis who have not soiled their clothes with evil. They will walk with me in white, for they are worthy. All who are victorious will be clothed in white. I will never erase their names from the Book of Life, but I will announce before my Father and his angels that they are mine.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭3:3-5

Jesus is giving the church of Sardis an ultimatum. Notice he says that only those who are victorious will not be erased from the book of life.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Christ builds His church from within us
Jun 29, 2015
✟167,189.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And the Accuser of the brethren is always pointing out my sin, and he keeps bringing it up.
No need to convict me of sin,
If a believer doesn't repent of his sin, you should know that true ministers will always warn you and reprove, rebuke and expose sin.Just consider, that you sort of called these men accusers of the brethren for doing this

1 Timothy 5:20
"Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear. 21 I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality."

2 Timothy 4:2
"Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine."

Leviticus 19:17
"Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him."

2 Corinthians 12:21
"And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.'

Isaiah 58:1
"Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins."

Amos 5:10
"They hate him that rebuketh in the gate, and they abhor him that speaketh uprightly."

"It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.

2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.
3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,"(1 Cor. 5;1-3 KJV)

Last edited:
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟167,189.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Could you imagine having a person who is always with you and every time you sinned, He reminded you of it?
Psalm 26:2

"Examine me, O Lord, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.

Psalm 139:23,24 KJV)
"23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: 24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."

Revelation 2:23
"And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works."

1 Thessalonians 2:4
"But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts."

Proverbs 17:3
"The fining pot is for silver, and the furnace for gold: but the Lord trieth the hearts."

Ephesians 5:13
"But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light."

Job 29:3
"When his candle shined upon my head, and when by his light I walked through darkness;

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟167,189.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
read this again

No you have had John 10:28 explained many times to you in many different ways and with many other verses. The aspect you missed was the conditions for eternal life which were believing , faith and then abiding and continuing in that faith. Also the aspect of following Jesus. To follow Jesus a person in faith must pick up their cross daily and follow him to be his disciple and continue in the word abiding in him. Read John 15 about 100 times and pray each time as you read it. Notice that if you are in the vine the life of the vine can flow through you. But if you are cut off the vine there is no life flowing through you. This is about salvation in Christ and abiding (remaining, continuing) or not abiding ( remaining or continuing) in him. We must also eat his flesh and drink his blood to have life in us and to have eternal life. This eating and drinking is a daily abiding by faith

also consider other verses that we read about "eternal life", these all go along with John 10:28

"16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. 18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? 21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.")Matthew 19:16-21 KJV) The rich young ruler broke every commandment and he needed to come to Jesus the right way in faith and follow him. The law is a schoolmaster to bring him unto Jesus to be justified by faith. Then he can fulfill the law in faith and love.

Mark 10:28-30 KJV
"28 Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee.
29 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,
But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life."

John 3:15
"That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life."

Galatians 6:8
"For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting."

1 Timothy 6:12
"Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses."

John 4:36
"And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together."

John 6:54
"Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day."

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Romans 6:22
"But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

John 6:40
"And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 5:24
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 4:14
"But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

John 12:25
"He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal."

Titus 1:2
"In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

John 6:68
"Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life."

John 17:3
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟167,189.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He might say I am reminding you because I love you. But every single sin you commit, He reminds you of.
How long before you wish this person would just leave you alone?.
We are not reminded of past sins, but when we sin as we walk daily we need to come to the light to have our deeds manifest if they are in God or not. The Light reproves all things.

"23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: 24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, never said that or implied that and that straw man fallacy argument won't work here.

and if a believer falls away from grace and loves the world and doe not have the love of the father in him anymore or if he hates his brother and no longer remains in eternal life. The person is now of the world and will be reproved again of sin, righteousness and judgement to come
I was asking the purpose for the Holy Spirit revealing sin to us.
And then I answered the only purpose I could think of.
Is there another purpose you have in mind?

also consider other verses that we read about "eternal life", these all go along with John 10:28

"16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. 18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? 21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.")Matthew 19:16-21 KJV) The rich young ruler broke every commandment and he needed to come to Jesus the right way in faith and follow him. The law is a schoolmaster to bring him unto Jesus to be justified by faith. Then he can fulfill the law in faith and love.
This is a clear case of Jesus using the law for its intended purpose.
Galatians 6:8
"For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting."
Great verse to show eternal security.
We sow the Word, get born-again by the Holy Spirit and receive everlasting life.
John 4:36
"And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together."

John 6:54
"Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day."
Awesome promise to show eternal security, showing what Jesus Christ will do.
John 3:16
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
The way you underline "should" makes it look like you could believe and still perish.
John 6:40
"And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Another great verse for eternal security.
John 5:24
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 4:14
"But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
Another awesome verse for eternal security.
John 12:25
"He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal."
I know people who hate there life and haven't accepted Christ, are they going to heaven too?
Or is this verse talking about something else?
Titus 1:2
"In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;
Have you switched sides? Another awesome verse showing eternal security.
John 6:68
"Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life."
I think you did a concordance search for "Eternal life" and are just posting the list you got.
John 17:3
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
Another verse showing eternal security.

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What does it mean to...
Convict you of sin?
As an ex-con I can tell you that convict means to declare guilty.
So to convict of sin would mean to declare guilty of sin.
If a believer doesn't repent of his sin, you should know that true ministers will always warn you and reprove, rebuke and expose sin.Just consider, that you sort of called these men accusers of the brethren for doing this

Psalm 26:2

"Examine me, O Lord, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.

Revelation 2:23
"And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works."

1 Thessalonians 2:4
"But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts."

Proverbs 17:3
"The fining pot is for silver, and the furnace for gold: but the Lord trieth the hearts."

Ephesians 5:13
"But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light."

Job 29:3
"When his candle shined upon my head, and when by his light I walked through darkness;
All these are great verses and none of them show the Spirit revealing sin to us. Just leading us.
Are you not familiar with the "Accuser of the brethren"?
Revelation 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟167,189.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How about Eph 2:8,9
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—
9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

I don't think it could have been said any more clear than this.
we are not saved by our own flesh effort or dead works or works of the law.

But are we saved by God's works? Yes.

Yes we are and unless God works in us to make us perfect unto every good work to do His will through Jesus Christ and we abide in that work through faith, then we are not in the work of God

When James says show me your faith without your works and he said he would show them his faith by his works. He is speaking of Gods works manifesting in his life.

We are created in Christ Jesus unto good works. These works flow from a good tree and they don;'t save us in the sense that they alone save/ But we are saved in them and as we walk in the work of God

Gods work saves. The work on the cross and His work in us.

As the body without the spirit is dead so a professing believers without God's Spirit is dead also.

we see this two fold aspect of our salvation in Moses crossing the water of the red sea and Joshua crossing the water of the Jordan. Moses said "stand still and see the salvation of the Lord". Stand still, cease from your own works and trust in Gods work. Then they crossed the sea. But they still were not in the promised land. Moses lead as far as the Jordan and Joshua went through into the land at the second water crossing when the Jordan opened up and he took 12 stones and put them in the river and 12 stones taken out to symbolize the 12 tribes of Israel burried with him in baptism and risen with him in the newness of life. Jordan means place of death descending and judgement as I understand. Then Joshua (a type of Christ goes into the land and helps to defeat the enemies of God that are in the land.

We see that Jesus Christ comes into our heart at the new birth and we are now able to have victory and walk in the life and light of Christ

This two fold aspect is like faith and grace. The grace is what saved through faith. The faith is to stand still and cease form our own works and trust by faith in Gods righteousness and work. on the cross. But then if we really do have true belief Christ will dwell in our hearts then and tat is the grace of God by which we are saved and the new birth. These two are one full understanding. So if a man says he has faith and no God working in him or new birth, then he is not in salvation. He is only in dead works.

this is also like the serpent on the pole all they had to do was look in faith towards it and they were then healed. But two things took place, the faith to look towards it and the grace that actually healed them inwardly of the poison. So we look unto Jesus who died and rose again for us and he also dwells in our heart by faith and works in us as we walk in the light as he is in the light. These works are the worls of God manifest in our life. This is what evidences a true believer in faith.

• Winner
Reactions: Doug Melven
Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟167,189.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was asking the purpose for the Holy Spirit revealing sin to us.
And then I answered the only purpose I could think of.
Is there another purpose you have in mind?

This is a clear case of Jesus using the law for its intended purpose.

Great verse to show eternal security.
We sow the Word, get born-again by the Holy Spirit and receive everlasting life.

Awesome promise to show eternal security, showing what Jesus Christ will do.

The way you underline "should" makes it look like you could believe and still perish.

Another great verse for eternal security.

Another awesome verse for eternal security.

I know people who hate there life and haven't accepted Christ, are they going to heaven too?
Or is this verse talking about something else?

Have you switched sides? Another awesome verse showing eternal security.

I think you did a concordance search for "Eternal life" and are just posting the list you got.

Another verse showing eternal security.
No I haven't switched sides and no I posted specific verses for a reason, every one of them.

I was showing that the conditions for eternal life IF we are to, are to let the word abide in you and remain, to believe, come to Jesus, eat his flesh and drink his blood, follow him, gathereth fruit, bear fruit, abide in him, continue in his word, continue in the Son and the Father, sow (daily) to the Spirit, overcome, mortify the deeds of the body through the Spirit, walk in the light and we then have the HOPE of eternal life. Yes we have eternal life in Jesus Christ who dwells in us for he is eternal life. But it is a hope as we overcome until the end and perservere unto the end etc.etc etc

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I believe that every person who believes that salvation can be lost does NOT believe what Jesus said in John 10:28, which is about eternal security.

Please don't kid yourself. There's been many churches that always believed in eternal security.

Through the centuries there's been many different groups of believers, not just one "Christian Church" as you seem to think.

Many don't believe what Jesus taught, but many did.

Can you please name a single Christian Church that taught eternal salvation before 1500AD?

Reactions: GodsGrace101
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No. The literary technique of "litotes" does not mean reality.

Maybe you didn't notice, but this a human being telling God what to do.

Where is the verse that actually SAYS that God will do it.

This is the litotes I was referencing.

Psalms is inspired by the Holy Spirit hence from God.

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
sow (daily) to the Spirit,
You added the word "daily" that is not what the Scripture says.
But it is a hope as we overcome until the end and perservere unto the end etc.etc etc
You think this is some kind of hope so hope? Not.
Strong's No.:
G1680
Greek:
ἐλπίς
Transliteration:
elpis
Pronunciation:
el-pece'
Definition:
Fromἔλπω elpō which is a primary word (to anticipate usually with pleasure);
expectation (abstract or concrete) or confidence: - faith hope.

A Bible definition of hope would be "a confident expectation of good".
This hope is an anchor for our soul. Hebrews 6:19

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How long before you wish this person would just leave you alone?

Surely you would never want God to just leave you alone. Instead you would want satan to leave you alone. I’m sure you feel the same way.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟167,189.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As an ex-con I can tell you that convict means to declare guilty.
So to convict of sin would mean to declare guilty of sin.

All these are great verses and none of them show the Spirit revealing sin to us. Just leading us.
Are you not familiar with the "Accuser of the brethren"?
Revelation 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
The devil accuses us even when we have repented of a sin. He does not allow men to acknowledge Jesus for their sin. So he will always accuse. But that is different from God searching our hearts by his light and exposing our sin and false ideas and all things. He leads, and also reproves us. He does this directly in our hearts as i showed and he uses minister, and the scriptures for this also.

and it is not just the devil that accuses men, we read this as well

John 5:45
"Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust."

The word "accuse" means "to be a plaintif, ie to charge with some offense.

We see ministers have said to believers (as they were led by the Spirit of God)

1 Timothy 1:3
"As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,
"

1 Thessalonians 5:27
"I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren."

Titus 1:13
This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;"

Rebuke means to convict, convince, tell a fault, reprove, confute. Sharply means to cut them off in the middle of their talk.

• Agree
Reactions: GodsGrace101
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The devil accuses us even when we have repented of a sin. He does not allow men to acknowledge Jesus for their sin. So he will always accuse. But that is different from God searching our hearts by his light and exposing our sin and false ideas and all things. He leads, and also reproves us. He does this directly in our hearts as i showed and he uses minister, and the scriptures for this also.

and it is not just the devil that accuses men, we read this as well

John 5:45
"Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust."

The word "accuse" means "to be a plaintif, ie to charge with some offense.

We see ministers have said to believers (as they were led by the Spirit of God)

1 Timothy 1:3
"As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,
"

1 Thessalonians 5:27
"I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren."

Titus 1:13
This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;"

Rebuke means to convict, convince, tell a fault, reprove, confute. Sharply means to cut them off in the middle of their talk.

Wow brother I hope to one day have such a well versed understanding of the scriptures that you have. You’ve obviously done you homework. Your on fire in this discussion. God bless you :oldthumbsup:

Reactions: LoveofTruth
Upvote 0

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Brother someone’s name can only be written in the book of life if they are saved.
I agree with this, forgive me if I misspoke earlier.
Here’s another example that it is possible to be blotted out of the book of life.

“Go back to what you heard and believed at first; hold to it firmly. Repent and turn to me again. If you don’t wake up, I will come to you suddenly, as unexpected as a thief. “Yet there are some in the church in Sardis who have not soiled their clothes with evil. They will walk with me in white, for they are worthy. All who are victorious will be clothed in white. I will never erase their names from the Book of Life, but I will announce before my Father and his angels that they are mine.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭3:3-5

Jesus is giving the church of Sardis an ultimatum. Notice he says that only those who are victorious will not be erased from the book of life.
The KJV says, "He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels." This is actually a promise of eternal life. Jesus said that he will NOT blot out the name of those who overcome from the Book of Life. In your version, it says "never erase their names."

He who believes that Jesus is the Christ is he that overcomes (1 John 5:5). And so, those who overcome are those who are saved, and Jesus literally just promised that he won't blot those who are written in the Book of Life. It's not an ultimatum, it's more of a warning to the church that they will be caught off guard if they do not come unto him. He is explaining that there are still a remnant in the church who believe (who have overcome), and they who are believing (who are saved) will never be blotted out.

So, actually, you just proved once saved always saved. :)

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟167,189.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You added the word "daily" that is not what the Scripture says.
I had a feeling you would mention my (daily) word

consider the verses

"24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

"4 But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another..."(Galatians

Here we see that this relates to our work in the Lord. And we know that daily we must walk in the light and daily we must pick up our cross. Paul says "I die daily"

here are a few verses about the daily cross

Luke 9:23
"And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me."

2 Corinthians 4:10
Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body."

1 Corinthians 15:31
"I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily."

This daily dying is our cross daily. We don't just die once in the past. But the cross is not the end of this, we are also risen with him to the newness of life and we then walk in that life of Christ. This walk with Christ is how we do good works. I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me. This "proving his own work" is a daily thing. Can you deny this?

Paul even said just before chapter 6 this

"24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit."(Galatians 5;24,25 KJV)

Showing a daily walk as well. So then he mentions sowing to the spirit in the next chapter. This living and walking in the spirit is sowing to the spirit as wel. As we will see.

Then Paul says,

7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting."

To sow to the flesh is to plant carnal thoughts and actions in our heart and out of the abundance of our heart we live. It is to live after the flesh. But If we sow to the Spirit we are continuing in the word of God and live after and follow the Spirit. The seed is the word of God and as we sow to the Spirit we walk in the word in our heart.

Psalm 119:105
"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."

Psalm 119:11
"Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee."

John 8:31
"Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;"

John 6:63
"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Paul also says

Romans 8:13
"For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live."

So if we sow to the Spirit we are sowing the word and the life of the Spirit in our heats we yield to the Spirit and are led by the Spirit. This is how we do mortify the deeds (daily) of the body and live.

and then Paul says

9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not."(Galatians 6;9 KJV)

this is future reaping and daily well doing. With a condition attached, "IF" we faint not.

Sowing is also as we let the word of God abide in us and we walk in that word because God works in us to will and to do and makes us perfect unto every good work as we walk in faith. The seed is Christ in us and as we daily walk in faith our heart is being changes and strengthened.

"11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God....
15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience."

This fruit with patience shows a daily walk and a daily cross for only as we die daily is the life of Christ manifest in our lives.

Matthew 6:11
Give us this day our daily bread."

Hebrews 3:13
"But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.