Eternal Security, false doctrine or not?

Wolf_Says

Aug 19, 2016
USA
✟30,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't get it. You ask me how did I get to that conclusion, but then forbid me to scrutinize Catholicism, which is a contradiction.

If you think you can "report" me for criticizing Catholicism, what makes you think I can't just as well "report" you for criticizing my Berean viewpoint?

Your remark "Exactly what are you smoking" can be construed as derogatory remark in violation of the forum rules. Would you like me to report you and see how that goes?
Criticize, fine. However what you stated was not criticism, it was down right calling Catholicism not Christian.

Now i honestly ment no disrespects, my sarcasm tends to be hard to detect on forums and is something that I continue to work on.

Also i did not make fun of your faith, in fact I said nothing about your faith what so ever.

But please, how did you come to such a conclusion about Catholocism and Orthodoxy??

• Winner
Reactions: Paul Yohannan
Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
Criticize, fine. However what you stated was not criticism, it was down right calling Catholicism not Christian.

Now i honestly ment no disrespects, my sarcasm tends to be hard to detect on forums and is something that I continue to work on.

Also i did not make fun of your faith, in fact I said nothing about your faith what so ever.

But please, how did you come to such a conclusion about Catholocism and Orthodoxy??
Nope, I didn't say Catholicism was not Christian. What is "Christian" encompasses a broad spectrum of theology. Or do you reckon non-Catholic Christians, like myself, are not Christian simply because you disagree with our theological viewpoints?

As for elaboration, you can checkout the links I already provided in this thread or more generally you can access my site's theology articles at Theological Christian Bible Study Resources for more comprehensiveness.

Upvote 0

Wolf_Says

Aug 19, 2016
USA
✟30,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Nope, I didn't say Catholicism was not Christian. What is "Christian" encompasses a broad spectrum of theology. Or do you reckon non-Catholic Christians, like myself, are not Christian simply because you disagree with our theological viewpoints?

As for elaboration, you can checkout the links I already provided in this thread or more generally you can access my site's theology articles at Theological Christian Bible Study Resources for more comprehensiveness.
Well i read the article about (at first I thought Catholism) Orthodoxy, and while I am no Orthodox and not entirely well versed in their beliefs, I can tell you that your wrong.

I will however check to see an article in regards to Catholicism and then give my feed on that.

• Winner
Reactions: Paul Yohannan
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟440,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I'm unsure where I stand on the issue of Eternal Security. I don't know whether to believe it or not so I'd like to ask a bunch of questions on both sides of the coin to hopefully come to a conclusion on this issue.

To those who don't believe in Eternal Security:

What does it take for one to lose their salvation? How exactly isn't Eternal Security Biblical when verses like Ephesians 4:30 and John 10:28 exist? How can we explain these verses if Eternal Security isn't real? How is it possible to unregenerate a believer aren't they sealed by the Holy Spirit forever? In your opinion, what are the requirements to salvation aside from belief in Christ which is the only requirement listed in the entire bible? Anything else you'd like to add that I forgot?

To those who believe in Eternal Security:

How exactly is Eternal Security Biblical? How can we explain the many verses that seem to go against the idea of Eternal Security and the ones that imply that one can lose their salvation by things like grieving the holy spirit, loss of belief in Christ...etc?

That should hopefully cover a lot of my questions and concerns. I will probably be posting more questions as people start replying to the topic.
It takes free will to lose.
Just as it took Adam and Eve the same free will to lose Paradise and be separated due to sin.
Choices - they certainly do matter.

Upvote 0

TheSeabass

Jul 9, 2015
✟47,754.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm unsure where I stand on the issue of Eternal Security. I don't know whether to believe it or not so I'd like to ask a bunch of questions on both sides of the coin to hopefully come to a conclusion on this issue.

To those who don't believe in Eternal Security:

What does it take for one to lose their salvation? How exactly isn't Eternal Security Biblical when verses like Ephesians 4:30 and John 10:28 exist? How can we explain these verses if Eternal Security isn't real? How is it possible to unregenerate a believer aren't they sealed by the Holy Spirit forever? In your opinion, what are the requirements to salvation aside from belief in Christ which is the only requirement listed in the entire bible? Anything else you'd like to add that I forgot?

1 John 1:7 "IF" the Christian quits walking in the light, then his sins will no longer be all cleansed away and he will enter a lost state. If the Christian will not repent of of sins, he will enter a lost state, Hebrews 6:4-6 for the impenitent will be lost Romans 2:4-5; Luke 13:3.

INDIVIDUALS are not UNconditionally sealed apart from the group Christian....no individual person is sealed apart from the group Christian. God predetermined that the group will be sealed therefore the individual must be in this sealed group and must FAITHFULLY remain in this group in order to remain sealed. If the individual in the group becomes unfaithful by quit walking in the light, then he falls from this sealed group. The group remains sealed but not the individual that fell from the group. Again, there is no UNconditional sealing of any individual apart from/outside the group Christian.

Last edited:
Upvote 0