Cumberland County, Maine
✟541.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
If the Bible says very clearly that we cannot lose our salvation (Romans 11:29; John 10:28-29; Romans 8:38-39, Ephesians 1:13, etc.), how can anyone say that we can lose our salvation? If we are saved we have eternal security and can find comfort in the fact that we cannot lose our salvation to anyone. If we could lose our salvation then wouldn't that mean that satan could beat God? I'm curious what the arguments are that can prove that the above verses are not saying that you can't lose your salvation and what verses say explicitly that you can lose it.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-
Because people who say a person can lose the Eternal Life they received at the moment of Belief in Jesus.
Are believing in a salvation where they do some types of actions to be saved. So the reason is if they do actions to receive salvation, then actions they do that are bad, can cause them to lose salvation

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

AMBASSADOR HAT

This thread has been moved from General Politics to Soteriology DEBATE. This topic deals with salvation (soteriology) instead of politics, and the first post looks like we are headed for a debate about whether salvation can be lost, so moving it there will allow this topic to proceed unimpeded. Thanks.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If the Bible says very clearly that we cannot lose our salvation (Romans 11:29; John 10:28-29; Romans 8:38-39, Ephesians 1:13, etc.), how can anyone say that we can lose our salvation? If we are saved we have eternal security and can find comfort in the fact that we cannot lose our salvation to anyone. If we could lose our salvation then wouldn't that mean that satan could beat God? I'm curious what the arguments are that can prove that the above verses are not saying that you can't lose your salvation and what verses say explicitly that you can lose it.
This is a debate as old as Christianity. I’m sure you’ll get replies from both sides

Upvote 0

WordSword

Sep 8, 2017
MO.
✟250,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hi, and good article! There are quite a few Scripture passages with language that seems or appears to refute eternal security, but they all are just misunderstood because they are difficult to directly explain them. I have never seen a passage that genuinely refutes ES. But there are so many of these type of passages that require closer attention to hyperbolic and inferred understanding. I believe God made is difficult to understand these passage in order to require more study of Scripture! I've been able to explain every passage that appears to refute ES (yes this is a challenge).

Upvote 0