Visit site
✟15,148.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I could give 40 paragraphs to support my position, or I could just say I don't know, and not bore everyone. :yawn:

Best thing is to live like He is coming in the next 5 minutes, and let it be a surprise. :eek:

Upvote 0

ivebeenshown

Expert invisible poster and thread killer
Apr 27, 2010
✟17,740.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I could give 40 paragraphs to support my position, or I could just say I don't know, and not bore everyone. :yawn:

Best thing is to live like He is coming in the next 5 minutes, and let it be a surprise. :eek:
But you're wrong though! Because...

Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow I thought for sure that pre-trib was gonna dominate this post.

Rapture:

Post Trib- 7
Mid Trib- 0
Pre Trib- 3

Millennium:

Pre Mill- 6
Post Mill- 0
Amill- 4

That's cuz not many pretribbers are on this forum...

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wow I thought for sure that pre-trib was gonna dominate this post.

It just all depends upon where you post this poll. If you post on YouTube, you'll find it's dominated by the theory of a posttrib rapture. If you go to the bible, it's dominated with scriptures of a pretrib rapture. If just all depends who and where you ask as not all Christians will be at the Supper: "For many are called, but few are chosen." Matthew 22:14

Unfortunately, some will reach their end enduring the tribulation and finally find God. It's what the tribulation is about for those who have not yet gone through it. It all boils down to a deep reverence for God before He'll reveal Himself to those who loves and obey Him.

Psalm 111:10 NIV
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise.

c5e5ef1ad3f018d015c055fd12d456da.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Isaiah55:6

Nov 20, 2015
✟8,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you post on YouTube, you'll find it's dominated by the theory of a posttrib rapture. If you go to the bible, it's dominated with scriptures of a pretrib rapture.

I would have to kindly disagree with that statement.

“But in those days, AFTER THE TRIBULATION, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will be falling from heaven, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken. AND THEN they will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. And then HE WILL SEND OUT HIS ANGLES AND GATHER HIS ELECT from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of heaven. (mark 13:25-27)

Reactions: Echolipse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
It just all depends upon where you post this poll. If you post on YouTube, you'll find it's dominated by the theory of a posttrib rapture. If you go to the bible, it's dominated with scriptures of a pretrib rapture. If just all depends who and where you ask as not all Christians will be at the Supper: "For many are called, but few are chosen." Matthew 22:14

Unfortunately, some will reach their end enduring the tribulation and finally find God. It's what the tribulation is about for those who have not yet gone through it. It all boils down to a deep reverence for God before He'll reveal Himself to those who loves and obey Him.

Psalm 111:10 NIV
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise.

c5e5ef1ad3f018d015c055fd12d456da.jpg
For once I can agree with you! Hallelujah!

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

“But in those days, AFTER THE TRIBULATION, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will be falling from heaven, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken. AND THEN they will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. And then HE WILL SEND OUT HIS ANGLES AND GATHER HIS ELECT from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of heaven. (mark 13:25-27)
He is right! Put in "pretrib rapture" and you will find a few pretrib people. But many will be about debunking pretrib. Put in Posttrib rapture and almost all will be about posttrib.

I know: I do this frequently. I just did it yesterday. I found 10 for pretrib and 10 for Post. When I put in Posttrib rapture I got 3 pretrib and 17 post.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,700.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I do not believe in any rapture to heaven.
When Jesus does Return, which won't happen until after the many prophesied difficult times, then He will gather His own people from every part of the earth to where He is. Matthew 24:31 and 1 Thess. 4:17 are quite clear about this truth; nowhere is a rapture removal to heaven mentioned.
What we Christians look forward to is the next prophesied event: the Lord's Day of vengeance and wrath, that will clear and cleanse all the Holy Land and enable His righteous people to go and live there. Isaiah 66:18-21

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I do not believe in any rapture to heaven.
When Jesus does Return, which won't happen until after the many prophesied difficult times, then He will gather His own people from every part of the earth to where He is. Matthew 24:31 and 1 Thess. 4:17 are quite clear about this truth; nowhere is a rapture removal to heaven mentioned.
What we Christians look forward to is the next prophesied event: the Lord's Day of vengeance and wrath, that will clear and cleanse all the Holy Land and enable His righteous people to go and live there. Isaiah 66:18-21
Except Paul tells us HIS rapture - the one he wrote of - will be the trigger for the DAY. That means the rapture must come BEFORE the start of the Day. Next, Jesus went to HEAVEN to build mansions and that is exactly where He will take us.

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

You do know that's not a scripture on the rapture right? Look at the last word in that scripture: Mark 13:25-27. The elects are gathered from heaven.

You can't have a rapture gathering people from heaven. In a rapture, people go up, they don't come down.

The elects had been raptured pretrib: Isaiah 26:19-21, Hebrews 12:22-29 and awaiting in heaven in our eternal mansion built by God in a heavenly city built for us by God: John 14:2, 2 Corinthians 5:1, Hebrews 11:9-10, Hebrews 11:16 until the end of the tribulation when Christ sends His angels to gather His elects from heaven. We return to earth to reign with Christ to take care of unfinished business over the next 1000 years to get everyone else spiritually prepared and ready for the eternal kingdom in Revelation 21-22. By then, God's divine plan of redemption for the sin of mankind will be completed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,700.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You do know that's not a scripture on the rapture right? Look at the last word in that scripture: Mark 13:25-27. The elects are gathered from heaven.

You can't have a rapture gathering people from heaven. In a rapture, people go up, they don't come down.

The elects had been raptured pretrib: Isaiah 26:19-21, Hebrews 12:22-29 and awaiting in heaven in our eternal mansion built by God in a heavenly city built for us by God: John 14:2, 2 Corinthians 5:1, Hebrews 11:9-10, Hebrews 11:16 until the end of the tribulation when Christ sends His angels to gather His elects from heaven. We return to earth to reign with Christ to take care of unfinished business over the next 1000 years to get everyone else spiritually prepared and ready for the eternal kingdom in Revelation 21-22. By then, God's divine plan of redemption for the sin of mankind will be completed.
Actually, Mark 13:27 says Jesus will gather His chosen from the farthest parts of the earth and of heaven.
So some come from earth and some from heaven. We see those whom Jesus will gather from heaven in Revelation 20:4-6. They are all who have been killed for their faith and their souls have been kept under the Altar, presumably in heaven. Revelation 6:9-11
Therefore unless you have been martyred, as Paul says in 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 we who remain alive shall join the Christian dead and be forever with the Lord, who will be from that time: forever on earth. Revelation 21:3

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you post on YouTube, you'll find it's dominated by the theory of a posttrib rapture.
Probably because the idea appeals a lot to people who are more comfortable watching a video than they are reading.

If you go to the bible, it's dominated with scriptures of a pretrib rapture.
Only if you have decided that that's what you believe a priori. If you simply read it for what it says, "pre trib" is nowhere to be seen. That's why so many American Christians (pre trib is very much an American phenomenon) start out pre trib by indoctrination, then later drop it when they've studied the Bible enough to realize that they've been had.

not all Christians will be at the Supper
Big sign outside: "Orthodox Preterists Only!" <Laugh>

Unfortunately, some will reach their end enduring the tribulation and finally find God.
Yeah, they'll finally realize that the message of the entire Bible was pre-mil Dispensational Futurism, and that only those who embrace it will ever enter the Kingdom of God. Right?

Every splinter group (I hesitate to say "cult" because it carries more connotative baggage than I care to unpack right now)that declares itself the One True Way and consigns everyone else to the infernal regions has a touchstone doctrine that they consider to be The Law That May Not Be Broken. For the SDAs it's Sabbath keeping. Work on Saturday? You're going to hell. The Jehovah's Witnesses have two - the name "Jehovah", and their Arian Christology. Believe Christ is God Incarnate? No Kingdom for you, you stay dead. The United Pentecostals require that you to deny the Trinity and believe in Jesus Only, and to be baptized in Jesus' Name else you fry forever.

Looks like a new Dispy splinter is forming that requires that one must accept the Gospel According to Hal Lindsey to avoid eternal torment. Believe that Daniel's prophecies have been fulfilled? To the pit with you! Believe that our Lord was addressing His disciples in the Olivet discourse? You to go hell! Think that the Revelator meant "soon"when he said "soon"? Assured damnation! Great stuff for building a new One True Church, no doubt.

Upvote 0