Futurist Only Eschatology poll

Isaiah55:6

Nov 20, 2015
✟8,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just for fun, I was just curious what positions different Christians hold too in their eschatology. Eg) rapture pre, mid, post. Millennium.
Don't write why you hold to it, just write what position you hold.

I'll start.

Rapture: Post trib
Millennium: amillennuim

*ignore the 'futurist only'

Last edited:

stevenfrancis

Disciple
Dec 28, 2012
United States
Visit site
✟40,142.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just for fun, I was just curious what positions different Christians hold too in their eschatology. Eg) rapture pre, mid, post. Millennium.

I'll start.

There terms are fairly confusing to me. To the point where, (this being for "futurists" only, I only partially qualify to post here. I went and looked a lot of these terms up, and I don't fall 100 percent with certainty into any of them really. I know Christ will come again to judge the living and the dead, and that His kingdom will have no end. - Not sure of the term for this. It hasn't happened yet. Not even Jesus could predict when it will. And when it does, there won't be any mistaking it for anything else. When He comes in glory, we are told that the faithful will be caught up with Him in the clouds. It's my understanding that this is what many denominations call the rapture. I don't find anything to suggest that this would happen at any other time than on the last day, as the faithful will join with Him as He descends and brings about the New Heavens and the New Earth, and we are all transformed into our eternal bodies, and separated to then go eternally away from God (hell), or to remain with Him eternally in His new kingdom(Heaven). (Not sure what word goes with this). I think we're are amidst tribulation times, and have been since ascension. It will end when Christ returns. The "Thousand Years" of peace remains for me, a Christian mystery. We know that heaven is eternal, So not sure why there would be 1000 years of heaven before heaven, but it's in scripture, soooooooooo..............I guess you're on fair footing with whatever your thoughts are on this, so long as you believe that Jesus will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and that His Kingdom will have NO END. I believe that some the horrible stuff that happened in 70 AD was a fulfillment of most or at least some of the prophesied destruction.

Upvote 0

Nov 20, 2015
✟8,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There terms are fairly confusing to me. To the point where, (this being for "futurists" only, I only partially qualify to post here. I went and looked a lot of these terms up, and I don't fall 100 percent with certainty into any of them really. I know Christ will come again to judge the living and the dead, and that His kingdom will have no end. - Not sure of the term for this. It hasn't happened yet. Not even Jesus could predict when it will. And when it does, there won't be any mistaking it for anything else. When He comes in glory, we are told that the faithful will be caught up with Him in the clouds. It's my understanding that this is what many denominations call the rapture. I don't find anything to suggest that this would happen at any other time than on the last day, as the faithful will join with Him as He descends and brings about the New Heavens and the New Earth, and we are all transformed into our eternal bodies, and separated to then go eternally away from God (hell), or to remain with Him eternally in His new kingdom(Heaven). (Not sure what word goes with this). I think we're are amidst tribulation times, and have been since ascension. It will end when Christ returns. The "Thousand Years" of peace remains for me, a Christian mystery. We know that heaven is eternal, So not sure why there would be 1000 years of heaven before heaven, but it's in scripture, soooooooooo..............I guess you're on fair footing with whatever your thoughts are on this, so long as you believe that Jesus will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and that His Kingdom will have NO END. I believe that some the horrible stuff that happened in 70 AD was a fulfillment of most or at least some of the prophesied destruction.
I put it in 'futurist only' by mistake. Don't know how to fix it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nov 20, 2015
✟8,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How can a person see things as both post-trib and amillennial?
I'm not seeing how this can work out.

I'm post trib because, I believe the rapture happens as Christ returns to establish his physical reign.

I'm amillennuim because, I believe we are in the millennium now. And soon satan will be released to take us into the tribulation. Then Christ will come to judge people and satan and establish his physical reign forever.

-satan bound
- Jesus earthly ministry
- church age
- satan released
- tribulation
- rapture/ second coming
- eternal millinium

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nov 20, 2015
✟8,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
it's my understanding that this is what many denominations call the rapture. I don't find anything to suggest that this would happen at any other time than on the last day, as the faithful will join with Him as He descends and brings about the New Heavens and the New Earth

I would highly recommend anyone interested is eschatology to do a study on 'this age' and 'the age to come'. I was a pre trib all my life until I did this. That's what convinced me of post trib. Though it's not a hill I will die on.

Reactions: Echolipse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gideon

Nov 13, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟32,027.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

I'll start.

Me to. :angel:

Upvote 0