Over the moon like centipedes
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Amen Michael... I was about to ask Jen, "What is truth? Do you believe in a pre-trib rapture, mid, end? Or do you believe in an end time second exodus? I am willing to bet, Jen, you believe in a pre-trib rapture and I am confident I can show you why that isn't scriptural. But if we don't agree on that, does it matter? It isn't a salvation issue. :) "
Well when you ask me like that you remind me of Pilate( I think that was his name?) when he asked Jesus, that question also when he was about to be crucified and under condemnation and being tested by those men so much that Jesus rightly had to condemn these people for treating him as so, so the only truth here it seems to me is that nothing has really changed in this world...I don't even know why you ask me that..I was just talking about stuff I read here and everywhere else mostly, it shouldn't matter what scripture im talking about anyway when they all come from the same author and should not be interpreted im such careless manners...unless a scripture does come to pass all these im reading is nothing more but educated guess and stuff people are speaking from thier own mouth, stuff that was interpreted by thier own understanding but if you want to believe that stuff go ahead...and it may not be a salvation issue now but it could lead to salvation issues when such things decieve people, and even people such as your own self...but if you want to fall under such deception, again go ahead and do so..but because "you said it' i am not making you agree with me nor do i have to explain myself or what scripture i waswtalking about , it was just me speaking on how I felt about things..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, the problem here is that every one of the thousands of Protestant denominations claims to be following the Bible, and claims to be born again. Yet the teaching of each denomination contradicts the teaching of the others, which is why they are separate denominations. Truth cannot contradict truth, so obviously a tremendous amount of untruth is being taught in this unauthorized manmade tradition. Jesus Christ didn't want all this confusion to exist. His plainly stated will concerning His followers was and still is "That they all may be ONE, even as I and my heavenly Father are ONE". Truth can exist only in unity, which is why He founded just ONE Church, said it was to remain ONE, and promised that ONE Church "The Holy Spirit will guide you into all truth", and "Whatsoever you bind upon Earth is bound in Heaven", and "He who hears you hears Me". Which is why that ONE Church remains ONE in belief, ONE in teaching, ONE in worship, ONE in biblical understanding throughout the world after 2,000 years. You just can't beat God's plan.
I agree i guess..hopefully the church finds it way of opening its door to such errors..I means it's one thing to preach about such a church and claim to be apart of such a church and it's another thing to condemn such a church having it fall under such condemnation itself but even Jesus said he would build his church upon a rock where the gates of hell would not prevail against it..but what do I know, I'll still learning about these things myself

Last edited:
Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,007.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes christianforums.com jk lol..no seriously I'm sure if you look around here you can see what I mean especially in the end times forum. You know people come here and read that stuff and next thing you know that person is probably scratching on walls in the pysch ward because stuff like that causes deception and fear in people...and among other things probably...what happen when you find out in the end what you interpreted was incorrect, see what I mean? We decieve ourselves and everyone who grow in belief of those things..if I know I can't understand a scripture i will leave it alone or ask Jesus or God or something..
But how does anyone know with certainty that they've interpreted it correctly, or that God has revealed the meaning directly to them?

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I think today there is a big problem with christianity and I'm more leaning on the fact that scriptures have been misinterpreted and people don't know thier roles in the bible. It's one thing to read the word and interpret a scripture in the bible and claim it to be so when in all honesty it means something else and it's another thing to decieve ourselves and everyone else. And to me it seems that it seems to be because of a lacking of spiritual knowledge or whatever..I don't mean worldly wisdom or knowledge but spiritual truth and wisdom receive from the holy spirit which we receive when we are born again. And that's seems to sum up the Christian error to me...
Christians riding on the cusp of error? I got one if you don’t mind a bit of coarse change of pace yet, ends up resulting in error from how the scriptures were handled. Behold the fallacy, , what is known as false-Christianity, aka – 'Cafeteria Christians' although overlap with soundness may exist.

Heated repugnance for Christianity en-masse
‘Hate’ for those who wield spiritual innocence.
‘Inclusion’ for all who dishonor Christ.
‘Labels’ for all who do not convene.

For those whom know the difference between which counts more against you in the end; the greater, what-you-do vs what-you-say and then re-read the above knowing, that these acts are being performed by folks daily feeding our culture that they represent Christianity and yet are guilty of all of the above.

They profess that they know God; but in works
they deny him, , to every good work reprobate.

Titus 1:16​

Too simple, whether relativistic in study or some brand of infiltration it ends up in the same hole, they spin and spoon this out by the gross to those ill-equipped to know if true or not. The reality-check for those who do know is overly denying correction’s place and time. You may even remember the call,

Get rid of the old yeast, that you may be a new unleavened batch

1 Corinthians 5:7​

Nope, they are not there yet. They are distracted from this chore due to other things that maintain our welcoming image, no? That is what they call ‘the real need’, Ha! They would be the first to drag out the ‘Accuser of the Brethren’ label at you and then quietly slip away to the former denials. A pure void for the love of Christ of the Bible.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,007.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Part of leaning on the Holy Spirit is on us doing our homework. We are two to three thousand years removed from the people of the Bible and the culture and traditions in which they lived. I do not think that most modern Christians realize just how different their lives and understandings were from ours today. We need to educate ourselves in the complete context of the times if we hope to really understand their writings.
That would mean that people have to be some kind of bible scholar almost to understand the gospel, when arguably many if not most believers down through the centuries were uneducated, illiterate, simple.

Upvote 0

Mathetes66

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Pacifc Northwest
✟90,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Two main issues for ANYONE posting in CF that are non-negotiable are the doctrine of the Trinity & the Nicene Creed.

Maturity in Christ brings spiritual discernment by the Spirit of truth, through use of constant practice in distinguishing between what is right & what is wrong, what is good & what is evil.

Heb 5:11-14 About this we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing. For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the basic principles of the oracles of God. You need milk, not solid food, for everyone who lives on milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, since he is a child. But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil.

The OP is showing disagreement with the consistent, ancient & historical doctrine of the Holy Trinity, as set forth in the Nicene Creed.

When the OP is complaining about the errors of Christianity & false interpretations bringing confusion, yet giving no examples of this, they then show a cardinal error in misrepresenting the doctrine of the Trinity. This is what Christianity is all about: 'defending the faith once for all delivered to the saints.'

"But don't most of y'all do that here, don't y'all possess the holy spirit? The holy spirit doesn't speak on IT'S own ..IT speaks through us and sometimes without limit..I don't know about a drawing board..but if you mean the holy spirit is not cruel, I guess I would have to agree but the holy spirit also possesses a fruit as such as self control..and if one has self control they can ignore my comments and post somewhere else more fitting to their eyes & ears...but yeah the holy spirit is an all loving gentle persona with a mind of IT'S own."

The Holy Spirit (capitalized NOT lower case as the OP chooses to disrespect this Person of the Holy Trinity) is portrayed consistently above as an 'IT' not a Person. This is false teaching in every branch of Christianity.

Nicene Creed:

"And we believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life. HE--proceeds from the Father & the Son & WITH the Father & the Son is WORSHIPED & glorified. HE--spoke through the prophets."

We, as Christians, do not worship an 'IT.'

The Athanasian Creed also brings this out:

" ...We worship one God in trinity & the trinity in unity, neither blending their PERSONS
nor DIVIDING their essence. For the person of the Father is a DISTINCT PERSON, the person of the Son is another & that of the Holy Spirit STILL ANOTHER. But the divinity of the Father, Son & Holy Spirit is one, their glory equal, their majesty coeternal."

The OP's statements above are very similar to what Jehovahs' Witnesses teach, with the same wording.

"It is important that we realize that the Holy Spirit is a person. If you think of the Holy Spirit only as an essence, only as a breeze, only as a power, it is very difficult to develop a meaningful relationship with an essence. If you think of the Holy Spirit as an impersonal force, an unintelligent power that permeates the universe, you really cannot love Him or call upon Him in your time of need." Chuck Smith

Notice also the contradictions concerning the Holy Spirit in the above quote:

"The holy spirit DOESN'T speak on it's own. It speaks through us & sometimes WITHOUT limit."

"The holy spirit is an all loving gentle PERSONA WITH a mind of it's own."

Persona: 'a role adopted by someone.' Again person isn't used but portraying the Holy Spirit as a role being played.

Or again:

"Remember the Lord says he would give his people a new heart and he would his law & stuff which I think he means is his words when we receive the new birth & spirit given to us by our Lord when we become born again."

We already HAVE a spirit. The Holy Spirit is a distinct person different than our spirit. We don't receive some impersonal 'spirit' when spiritually born again, we receive the person of the Trinity, the Holy Spirit.

Again, we don't take possession of the Holy Spirit, He takes possession of us when we believe in Christ. We are God's special possession. The Holy Spirit indwells us at the point when we are born again by God's mercy & grace through faith, when we are regenerated or made alive in the Spirit & given the very eternal life of God.

The Person of the Holy Spirit by Chuck Smith

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Knowing that there will be "end times" is important, just as it's important for a football team to know that the game they're playing will come to and end at some point.

But Jesus gave us two parables that reference views on the foolishness of anticipating--forming our activities around when we think end times might come.

One parable was about foolish virgins who expected the end time to come quickly, so they were unprepared for the long haul. The other parable was about a foolish steward who expected the end time to come late, so he was caught not doing his job when the end time came earlier than he anticipated.

The moral of the parables is the same: Just do what the Lord has called you to do every day, so that whenever He arrives (or you die first--which is more likely) you will be caught doing what you're supposed to be doing.
Being prepared always tends to deal with that one sufficiently.

Also avoiding churches that tend to "steal your oil" is a good practice as well.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
That would mean that people have to be some kind of bible scholar almost to understand the gospel, when arguably many if not most believers down through the centuries were uneducated, illiterate, simple.

And this to some extent at least explains the proliferation of denominations. I am not a Bible scholar but I have made use of the scholarship of others far better equipped than I in order to become a better educated Christian. If I had not done so, I likely would no longer be a Christian. It has saved my faith but it has also changed it.

Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Christians riding on the cusp of error? I got one if you don’t mind a bit of coarse change of pace yet, ends up resulting in error from how the scriptures were handled. Behold the fallacy, , what is known as false-Christianity, aka – 'Cafeteria Christians' although overlap with soundness may exist.

Heated repugnance for Christianity en-masse
‘Hate’ for those who wield spiritual innocence.
‘Inclusion’ for all who dishonor Christ.
‘Labels’ for all who do not convene.

For those whom know the difference between which counts more against you in the end; the greater, what-you-do vs what-you-say and then re-read the above knowing, that these acts are being performed by folks daily feeding our culture that they represent Christianity and yet are guilty of all of the above.

They profess that they know God; but in works
they deny him, , to every good work reprobate.

Titus 1:16​

Too simple, whether relativistic in study or some brand of infiltration it ends up in the same hole, they spin and spoon this out by the gross to those ill-equipped to know if true or not. The reality-check for those who do know is overly denying correction’s place and time. You may even remember the call,

Get rid of the old yeast, that you may be a new unleavened batch

1 Corinthians 5:7​

Nope, they are not there yet. They are distracted from this chore due to other things that maintain our welcoming image, no? That is what they call ‘the real need’, Ha! They would be the first to drag out the ‘Accuser of the Brethren’ label at you and then quietly slip away to the former denials. A pure void for the love of Christ of the Bible.
Well to me it seems like the whole world is in error including even me. So maybe it's time Jesus stepped his feet back on earth to correct it us all. I'm not about to argue with you..if you don't like what I said then that's not my concern..I can't make you agree with me but I do know only no one can receive such doctrines or teachings, temptations and condemnations unless it was received from the devil and I know no one can receive anything from above unless it was given from God. But I am sleepy and tired now..if you are trying to say I'm a hypocrite then so be it. I'm a hypocrite but I know unless God confirms this whole world righteous we all remain hypocrites until that day finally comes...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Two main issues for ANYONE posting in CF that are non-negotiable are the doctrine of the Trinity & the Nicene Creed.

Maturity in Christ brings spiritual discernment by the Spirit of truth, through use of constant practice in distinguishing between what is right & what is wrong, what is good & what is evil.

Heb 5:11-14 About this we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing. For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the basic principles of the oracles of God. You need milk, not solid food, for everyone who lives on milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, since he is a child. But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil.

The OP is showing disagreement with the consistent, ancient & historical doctrine of the Holy Trinity, as set forth in the Nicene Creed.

When the OP is complaining about the errors of Christianity & false interpretations bringing confusion, yet giving no examples of this, they then show a cardinal error in misrepresenting the doctrine of the Trinity. This is what Christianity is all about: 'defending the faith once for all delivered to the saints.'

The Holy Spirit (capitalized NOT lower case as the OP chooses to disrespect this Person of the Holy Trinity) is portrayed consistently above as an 'IT' not a Person. This is false teaching in every branch of Christianity.

Nicene Creed:

"And we believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life. HE--proceeds from the Father & the Son & WITH the Father & the Son is WORSHIPED & glorified. HE--spoke through the prophets."

We, as Christians, do not worship an 'IT.'

The Athanasian Creed also brings this out:

" ...We worship one God in trinity & the trinity in unity, neither blending their PERSONS
nor DIVIDING their essence. For the person of the Father is a DISTINCT PERSON, the person of the Son is another & that of the Holy Spirit STILL ANOTHER. But the divinity of the Father, Son & Holy Spirit is one, their glory equal, their majesty coeternal."

The OP's statements above are very similar to what Jehovahs' Witnesses teach, with the same wording.

"It is important that we realize that the Holy Spirit is a person. If you think of the Holy Spirit only as an essence, only as a breeze, only as a power, it is very difficult to develop a meaningful relationship with an essence. If you think of the Holy Spirit as an impersonal force, an unintelligent power that permeates the universe, you really cannot love Him or call upon Him in your time of need." Chuck Smith

Notice also the contradictions concerning the Holy Spirit in the above quote:

"The holy spirit DOESN'T speak on it's own. It speaks through us & sometimes WITHOUT limit."

"The holy spirit is an all loving gentle PERSONA WITH a mind of it's own."

Persona: 'a role adopted by someone.' Again person isn't used but portraying the Holy Spirit as a role being played.

Or again:

We already HAVE a spirit. The Holy Spirit is a distinct person different than our spirit. We don't receive some impersonal 'spirit' when spiritually born again, we receive the person of the Trinity, the Holy Spirit.

Again, we don't take possession of the Holy Spirit, He takes possession of us when we believe in Christ. We are God's special possession. The Holy Spirit indwells us at the point when we are born again by God's mercy & grace through faith, when we are regenerated or made alive in the Spirit & given the very eternal life of God.

The Person of the Holy Spirit by Chuck Smith
No I just thinking you are getting a bit ahead of yourself here considering t type quickly and make errors in my typings a lot..I don't know what is worst though making typos on an Android phone or speaking against the holy spirit of finding fault in someone to condemn cause what they say isnt fitting to your ears or eyes.. if what I said was wrong please show me in my comments where I was wrong..all you did was condemn me on was my wording and typos which is very funnyfto say the least especially about something trival as that. Just because I may make a few errors doesn't mean I don't understand much of it and can't see what goes on around here..I may be dumb but I'm not stupid

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok if you supposedly have the holy spirit why not speak through the holy spirit instead and not through some man named Chuck Smith? Chuck Smith is speaking from Chuck Smith.. but you being a perfect christian and possessing the holy spirit, you should be able to speak through the spirit and in your own accord. Or is it because you just don't agree with me but agree with Chuck Smith instead? Just because I lack proper English and bad wording doesn't mean you can't over look that a bit and see the real point I was trying to make here..or at least forgive me or correct me in a more endearing and gentle way for making such typos instead of harshly trying to condemn me about it.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Willie T
Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey I just read most of what you posted on chuck and while the man does speak truth and seems sto be speaking in such spiritual truth, what I'm still trying to understand why you say you possess the holy spirit but then go use some body else's website and speak through someone named Chuck Smith and not through your own spirit, unless you are that person you had no reason to go on Google and search through Google just to comdemn me because you couldn't speak through the holy spirit of your own..

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I think today there is a big problem with christianity and I'm more leaning on the fact that scriptures have been misinterpreted and people don't know thier roles in the bible. It's one thing to read the word and interpret a scripture in the bible and claim it to be so when in all honesty it means something else and it's another thing to decieve ourselves and everyone else. And to me it seems that it seems to be because of a lacking of spiritual knowledge or whatever..I don't mean worldly wisdom or knowledge but spiritual truth and wisdom receive from the holy spirit which we receive when we are born again. And that's seems to sum up the Christian error to me...
The problem is that modern evangelicals don't have a systematic theology and abhor confessions of faith and catechisms. Too many view the Bible as a collection of one off verses that don't relate to each other in any meaningful way. They refuse to interpret scripture with scripture. That's how you end up with a universal church that turns the simple into a complex maze that never really makes any sense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
", , if you are trying to say I'm a hypocrite then so be it. I'm a hypocrite but I know unless God confirms this whole world righteous we all remain hypocrites until that day finally comes...
The only way you could possibly ascertain such a thing from me is if you would refuse the right real-time decision, , choosing circumstance over faith or faith over circumstance. It isn't possible for the Holy Spirit to be involved in both without making a way out of it.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
The moral of the parables is the same: Just do what the Lord has called you to do every day, so that whenever He arrives (or you die first--which is more likely) you will be caught doing what you're supposed to be doing.

You hit the nail on the head. Too much distraction. Too little discipline. Its shameful.

My favorite designer passed away this year. He was a creative genius unlike any we’d ever seen with an encyclopedic knowledge of his craft.

When I read his obituary I was stunned. He’d done so much. Well beyond the things most were aware of. He utilized every ounce of talent God had given him until his death. There was so much to cover each obituary mentioned different things.

I don’t know if he was a believer. But I know I haven’t encountered the same amongst the flock. It’s sad. That should be the norm. But 25 years of self-improvement has taught me a lot. Few achieve and even fewer work to their potential. We waste a lot.

The passage you quoted is a favorite. Discipline is an important fruit. :)

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Well, the problem here is that every one of the thousands of Protestant denominations claims to be following the Bible, and claims to be born again. Yet the teaching of each denomination contradicts the teaching of the others, which is why they are separate denominations. Truth cannot contradict truth, so obviously a tremendous amount of untruth is being taught in this unauthorized manmade tradition. Jesus Christ didn't want all this confusion to exist. His plainly stated will concerning His followers was and still is "That they all may be ONE, even as I and my heavenly Father are ONE". Truth can exist only in unity, which is why He founded just ONE Church, said it was to remain ONE, and promised that ONE Church "The Holy Spirit will guide you into all truth", and "Whatsoever you bind upon Earth is bound in Heaven", and "He who hears you hears Me". Which is why that ONE Church remains ONE in belief, ONE in teaching, ONE in worship, ONE in biblical understanding throughout the world after 2,000 years. You just can't beat God's plan.

"This message was sponsored by the Roman Catholic Church"

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am at an age now that I will not tie myself down to one point of view in Bible hermeneutics. All Bible interpretation is theology.

Theology is not the Bible. Nor is theology the Spirit. All theology is the opinion of men regarding God and the Bible. That does not mean all theology is wrong. I mean, the only one who truly knows God and what the Bible means is Jesus Christ.

The rest of us are like the 5 blind men touching an elephant. What he blind person described was true, but none had touched the entire elephant. Truth and true are not the same thing, in my opinion. Truth is the big picture, whereas true is part of the picture.

Consequently, I believe that each person sharing their understanding and interpretation of God and the Bible deserves respect and grace, even if one disagrees with their point of view. Of course, I wish I practiced what I preach, but I realize that I remain in this mortal body and sometimes respond in the flesh. But I am trying not to do that.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I understand but when does one become perfected? Isnt the day and hour close? Is salvation nearer and crouching at the door.
The problem we often have is definitions Jen. When you come in faith to Christ, are you saved? I would say yes... but then we have scripture that says, "he who endures until the end will be saved." So perhaps it is more like, "there is a moment we become his and THEN a time when we are truly saved."

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now we are children of God; but it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

Now we belong to the family, but one day we will be like him, changed, perfected. When?

1 Cor 15:52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

That it when. Until then, we are not perfect nor perfected. We are to STRIVE for perfection... seek perfection... but until we are changed, we won't fully achieve it.

That's why we have to allow each other to work out our own salvation (Phil. 2:12) and give each other the room to learn from our mistakes. And don't read over that last one... the room to learn from our own mistakes means WE WILL MAKE MISTAKES. :) It's ok... that is one way God teaches us, through our error.

Upvote 0