Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,474,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think if we're honest, and had no dog in the fight, picking up the bible and reading it with no external input, no witness of the Church from the beginning, we wouldn't be sure if Jesus is God or not, for one thing. Anyway, after reading we'd scratch our heads, put the book down, and move on to cleaning up the garage or whatever was next on our plate.

In what way is that a response to my post?

Upvote 0

Mathetes66

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Pacifc Northwest
✟90,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"I do forgive you because I saw you APOLOGIZE in that other post BUT---please don't throw love card at me..."

"And I apologize, Jen, for simply focusing on your false teaching without being 'more accurate' in instructing you concerning the Person of the Holy Spirit & why our relationship with Him as person to person is so important. You mentioned that you are newer to the Christian faith & doctrine, so I should have taken that into account."

I Corinthians 13:4-8 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps NO record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.

Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
Over the moon like centipedes
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I Corinthians 13:4-8 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps NO record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.
But even then someone with a kind heart could have it turn into bitterness by people like you. If you are so loving and righteous then maybe you should stop responding to me go hands with this world singing cumbaya cause honestly I pretty much dont care anymore. And I don't really believe you were sorry cause in your post you still condemn me by saying my teaching was false , if you are going to apologize at least do it in a sincere way..and if you know I'm new to all this you would have the courtesy to apologise without still calling me false on things.. you only apologise to make your post seem sincere when in reality you know you was still trying to be slick about it and still condemn but I don't know what's worst you insulting me or me keep responding to you...but I think I can say I'm done responding to you and I don't care my post don't seem loving right now cause I ain't trying to be loving to you..I am just speaking how I feel about it and I don't care if you don't like it cause I pretty much dont like what you said to me either...

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I don’t think this is the right section to start a debate on this topic.

Was not starting a debate asking a question as to his perspective on infallibility.

You might notice he has yet to respond.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's almost like there should be some kind of authority which infallibly guides the faithful in their study of Sacred Scripture or something...

Are referring to the infallibility of the POPE?

I don’t think this is the right section to start a debate on this topic.

Was not starting a debate asking a question as to his perspective on infallibility.

You might notice he has yet to respond.
That's quite true. I didn't respond. A casual observer might think that I ignored your off-topic reply on purpose or something.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums