Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Amen Michael... I was about to ask Jen, "What is truth? Do you believe in a pre-trib rapture, mid, end? Or do you believe in an end time second exodus? I am willing to bet, Jen, you believe in a pre-trib rapture and I am confident I can show you why that isn't scriptural. But if we don't agree on that, does it matter? It isn't a salvation issue. :) "
There are several different beliefs regarding eschatology. Historicism, Preterism—partial or full—, Futurism, various millenialisms, etc.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then stay out of the end-times section. I think a number of people on CF who post there might be mentally ill, or just really bored, but that’s to expected in a site full of people—there’s bound to be some crazies
Good advice there.

Upvote 0

Mathetes66

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Pacifc Northwest
✟90,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So far Jen, you haven't given one specific example over many posts & others are saying the same thing. This is called maligning other Christians & complaining. Please assist us with specific examples, so we can practice spiritual discernment. If there is an issue, then we can pray about it as well. Thank you.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Jen35 do you belong to a church? Teaching from the Scriptures is a gift and your church will have those who have studied and also have the calling to do so.

1 Corinthians 12:

27Now you are Christ’s body, and individually members of it. 28And God has appointed in the church, first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, various kinds of tongues.29All are not apostles, are they? All are not prophets, are they? All are not teachers, are they? All are not workers ofmiracles, are they? 30All do not have gifts of healings, do they? All do not speak with tongues, do they? All do not interpret, do they? 31But earnestly desire the greater gifts.
And I show you a still more excellent way.

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I think today there is a big problem with christianity and I'm more leaning on the fact that scriptures have been misinterpreted and people don't know thier roles in the bible. It's one thing to read the word and interpret a scripture in the bible and claim it to be so when in all honesty it means something else and it's another thing to decieve ourselves and everyone else. And to me it seems that it seems to be because of a lacking of spiritual knowledge or whatever..I don't mean worldly wisdom or knowledge but spiritual truth and wisdom receive from the holy spirit which we receive when we are born again. And that's seems to sum up the Christian error to me...
I think many are lead astray by others opinions. Its a dangerous game. I think these forums can be very dangerous for the novice, like me. Study to show yourself worthy and then read others opinions, lol. Or study to show yourself worthy and stay away from forums is even better.
Massive confusion in here in my opinion.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In Acts chapter 1 it is indicated that we were given the Holy Spirit to preach the gospel to the ends of the earth, in the same passage it is indicated that the times that the Father set in His power are not for us. So the Holy Spirit cannot assist or rather, will not assist with figuring out how it all ends.

Anything end times related is a result of confusion.

This is definitely something to reflect seriously on.

Upvote 0

Abraxos

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.
Jan 12, 2016
New Zealand
✟69,315.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are many Christians on this site that believe they are being led by the Holy Spirit and need to announce it to everyone any chance they get, yet this zeal often comes across as less of being led by the spirit and more of a "holier-than-thou" attitude. This spiritual facade eventually leads to condescension and condemnation of others worthy of the Westboro and Pastor Steven Anderson variety.

I see it often in baby Christians and traditionalists and also those with an axe to grind towards a specific doctrine.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Its too bad the Holy Spirit can't step in and say to a poster, sorry, wrong, go back to the drawing board:)

Well, I imagine it's not so much that the Spirit can't so much as it is that He won't. Why should He be obliged to correct or even guide someone if they are so firmly set that they have the right Scriptural interpretation of a particular theological subject and everyone else is wrong and even judges those who disagree as "not real/true Christians"? If someone will not even try to be teachable, I imagine that the Spirit will not bother with correcting them. I could be wrong, of course. Just my thoughts.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I see it often in baby Christians and traditionalists

I was the same way sometimes back when I was both of those things. Unfortunately it has probably happened to all of us, at one time - especially when new to the faith - claiming to be so Spirit-led and godly while implying that anyone else who isn't of the exact same personality or opinion is worthy of condemnation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
Over the moon like centipedes
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Its too bad the Holy Spirit can't step in and say to a poster, sorry, wrong, go back to the drawing board:)
But don't most of y'all do that here, dont y'all possess the holy spirit? The holy spirit doesn't speak on it's own ..its speak through us and sometimes without limit..I don't know about a drawing board..but if you mean the holy spirit is not cruel, I guess I would have to agree but the holy spirit also posess a fruit as such as self control..and if one has self control they can ignore my comments and post somewhere else more fitting to thier eyes and ears...but yeah the holy spirit is an all loving gentle persona with a mind of it's own..

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
the spirit who came from an authority and who is in authority under the power of God..and speaks through us and guide us into all truth on such things.
But He hasn't. It's not hard to find Christians who agree on 99% of doctrine. Why isn't the Holy Spirit guiding them to 100% agreement?

If I didn't know better, I just might think that private interpretation of Sacred Scripture has done far more to divide Christians from each other than it has to unify them. A very strange situation, I must say...

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are several different beliefs regarding eschatology. Historicism, Preterism—partial or full—, Futurism, various millenialisms, etc.
Right, and that is my point. So much isn't as clear as @Jen35 might think (respectfully). I will say this... being of "one mind and one accord" does NOT mean that we will all look, act, and think alike (at least before we are perfected :)). Being of one mind and one accord is being able to work together to the glory of the Father and His namesake DESPITE any differences we might have over some of these issues you mention.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I mean I see a lot of scriptures interpeted here and most of what I read seems confusing and what makes me more puzzled is that those who intepret scriptures act like they really believe that and that it really means what they are believing. I think that's a big error and I think it's dangerous to believe something when it's not actually true. Because that's us decieving ourselves and everyone who reads those things I mean unless God and the holy spirit really reveals something to your heart scriptures shouldn't be guess. Because that's like adding to God's word and taking away from it and the Bible says we are not to do that...
I learned long ago that there is NO movement or cause or religion where every last person involved has the same views or beliefs as all the others--or in the official belief as stated by the organization itself, for that matter.

We have to be very careful about writing off any movement, etc. on the basis that we have found some members whose own beliefs are out of step.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But don't most of y'all do that here, dont y'all possess the holy spirit?
We have the Spirit to guide us, comfort us, and teach us. But we have not been perfected yet. We can see things somewhat differently and still walk together in harmony. Just read the gospels, especially Mathew, Mark and Luke. Basically the same story but told in three very distinct styles. Why? Because being given an earnest of the Spirit (2 Cor 1:22 and 5:5) does not mean we have become identical and certainly not infallible. We still await the day we will be changed, perfected... and until then, by definition, we are imperfect.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
If the holy spirit was guiding those who post there wouldn't be so many disagreements. Lets be honest here. There are so many differing opinions of what the word means it is mind boggling. I cannot believe that it can be the holy spirit unless we all have a different holy spirit. Its obvious that he doesn't control our thoughts or tongues
The only conclusion I can come to is that he does guide us but we make the choice of what we think and say. Our mind overrules what is in our spirit, perhaps.

Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If the holy spirit was guiding those who post there wouldn't be so many disagreements.
That assumes we all have been perfected. Since we haven't, then by definition we are imperfect.

And... if you read 2 Cor 1:22 and 2 Cor 5:5 you'll note Paul stating that the Spirit was given as an "earnest" or "down payment." That infers very plainly that there is more to come. Until then... we should strive to get along, but we won't always see things the same way.

Upvote 0

martymonster

Veteran
Dec 15, 2006
✟175,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think today there is a big problem with christianity and I'm more leaning on the fact that scriptures have been misinterpreted and people don't know thier roles in the bible. It's one thing to read the word and interpret a scripture in the bible and claim it to be so when in all honesty it means something else and it's another thing to decieve ourselves and everyone else. And to me it seems that it seems to be because of a lacking of spiritual knowledge or whatever..I don't mean worldly wisdom or knowledge but spiritual truth and wisdom receive from the holy spirit which we receive when we are born again. And that's seems to sum up the Christian error to me...

The whole thing with misinterpreting the scriptures is, you shouldn't be misinterpreting them at all, because you're not allowed to interpret them. Only scripture should interpret scripture, with Christ opening your understanding about what that interpretation means.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Study to show yourself worthy and then read others opinions, lol. Or study to show yourself worthy and stay away from forums is even better.
Massive confusion in here in my opinion.

That was the passage I received early in my walk. I didn’t frequent Christian forums. I spent my time in prayer and study. Communing with the Lord was foremost.

Upvote 0