Epoch of Time

Laureate

whatisthebaytreeknown4? What's debate reknown for?
Jan 18, 2012
The big island of hawaii 19.5 in the ring of fire
✟58,996.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
We are indeed to learn from John 3:12. Let's listen --

1 Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council. 2 He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.”

3Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.a

4“How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”

5Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spiritbgives birth to spirit. 7You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘Youc must be born again.’ 8The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”d

9“How can this be?” Nicodemus asked.

10“You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things?11Very truly I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. 12I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?13No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.e 14Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,f 15that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”g

Thank you for editing out "without our own thoughts talking over Him)" For that would be a Sad assumption and an insult to Ruakʰ H'Kôʷdésʰ who guides me in my scriptural studies.

I did not deviate from the passage you quoted, nor do I see any lack of harmony wherein I made reference thereto, I can only perceive where you are falling short on your perceptual understanding, which is all good here, you clearly bare a proper Spirit, just remember, whomsoever has, is given more, be patient and Continue to Grow in His Word, then shall you see and understand that which was otherwise not apparent.

Or you can realize that I am not disagreeing with what you are declaring, but merely attempting to point out what I perceive to be lacking in your awareness, and if you can see the faint possibility of this then ask for a clarification.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,165,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for editing out "without our own thoughts talking over Him)" For that would be a Sad assumption and an insult to Ruakʰ H'Kôʷdésʰ who guides me in my scriptural studies.

I did not deviate from the passage you quoted, nor do I see any lack of harmony wherein I made reference thereto, I can only perceive where you are falling short on your perceptual understanding, which is all good here, you clearly bare a proper Spirit, just remember, whomsoever has, is given more, be patient and Continue to Grow in His Word, then shall you see and understand that which was otherwise not apparent.

Or you can realize that I am not disagreeing with what you are declaring, but merely attempting to point out what I perceive to be lacking in your awareness, and if you can see the faint possibility of this then ask for a clarification.

Lately for me, my main movement has been to do the greatest commandment (and wow the outcome of that is beyond amazing), and also to do better the second commandment, and also the very good aid that has come since I finally realized that I can pray the Lord's Prayer in Matthew 6 every day, instead of only at church, and seeing the big difference in how days go when I pray it versus when I don't.

Reactions: Laureate
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I absolutely believe that God created the universe. I believe its been some 13 billion years since He did that in the Big Bang. It's been around 4.5 billion years since the earth was formed. Genesis 1 is a creative way of telling us that God created everything, did it in an orderly fashion, and that it was good. I believe it.

Then you have thrown out the basis for the Sabbath.
It makes Yahweh a liar who didn't stop creating after six days.
It also makes original sin a joke, which means we don't need a savior.

And, if man was the point of creation, why would Yahweh
allow billions of years of pain and suffering before man
evolved intelligence enough to seek him?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Laureate

Jan 18, 2012
✟58,996.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Lately for me, my main movement has been to do the greatest commandment (and wow the outcome of that is beyond amazing), and also to do better the second commandment, and also the very good aid that has come since I finally realized that I can pray the Lord's Prayer in Matthew 6 every day, instead of only at church, and seeing the big difference in how days go when I pray it versus when I don't.

Awesome! It is a Way of Life and (according to Y'shua) the gist of the Torah, your words are reminiscent of where I was on the honeymoon of my received calling.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
For the love of God do you keep the Sabbath command?

Upvote 0

Laureate

Jan 18, 2012
✟58,996.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
IMO this is an erroneous view. G-d created in 6, 24 hour days.

The problem is that the vast majority of people look at an observed age of the universe of between ~16-14 billion years and assume in error that the Bible has to be wrong.

Genesis in the first days of creation is looking at things from G-d's perspective which, is a perspective of creation looking forward in time. We, on the other hand, are observing time from our point in space looking back. 99.9% of people fail to consider the reality of time dilation when attempting to reconcile a literal 6-day creation and the observed age of the universe.

In other words, Bible looks at: creation -----> through time. We observe: creation <------- present.

The redshift phenomenon that tells us that space and the universe itself is expanding (and indeed accelerating its rate of expansion.) workes the same way when we observe time looking back towards the creation of the universe. By the way, I use the word creation intentionally because there is no question concerning the creation of the universe the only argument is what caused its creation.

The relationship between the expansion of the universe and time is exponential, NOT linear. In other words when we look at day 1 from OUR perspective its duration, because of time dilation, lasted ~8 billion years, FROM OUR PERSPECTIVE LOOKING BACK.

You actually have it backward. G-d used 6, 24 hour LITERAL DAYS to create. Day one lasted ~8 billion years from our perspective, Day 2 lasted ~4 billion years, Day 3 lasted ~2 billion years, Day 4 ~1 billion years, Day 5 ~ 1/2 of a billion years.... again these are 24 HOUR DAYS but from our perspective looking back as a result of the dilation of time they are observed as enormous amounts of time.

This actually is shown in scripture in Ps 104
You are clothed with splendor and majesty,
2 covering yourself with light as with a garment,
stretching out the heavens like a tent.

One of the best examples of an item that takes many years for nature to manifest, yet can be made manifest in a matter of moments is the Diamond, they are now able to manufacture a diamond, this is a game changer for all who rely on the concept that there is no other way, but by natural processing.

Upvote 0

Laureate

Jan 18, 2012
✟58,996.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
For the love of God do you keep the Sabbath command?

Awww come on, recognize the Spirit, and let the Spirit guide as it sees fit to guide, you know, one day at a time, but for heaven's sake, how should we be toward the least of these? whatsoever we incline toward them, we incline unto our Lord and Savior.

Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,820.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I am certified by the State of California to teach Science in any self contained classroom.
Yet, everything you have stated shows you clearly DO NOT understand the science.

Since you are qualified to teach science (but then this is more physic and math) please do explain time dilation as it pertains to the expansion of space/time.

I will stand beside what Schroeder has to say regarding the literal 6-day creation and how in fact it does not violate IN ANY way the observed age of the universe. Schroeder has his Phd in physic MIT, Phd in Earth Science MIT

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Awww come on, recognize the Spirit, and let the Spirit guide as it sees fit to guide, you know, one day at a time, but for heaven's sake, how should we be toward the least of these? whatsoever we incline toward them, we incline unto our Lord and Savior.
Just checking to see if he is in la la land. He says he loves God but does not keep His commands.

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟121,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am certified by the State of California to teach Science in any self contained classroom.
Definition: The term “self-contained classroom” refers to a classroom, where a Special Education Teacher is responsible for the instruction of all academic subjects. The classroom has typically been separated from general education classrooms, but within a neighborhood school.

To date the State of California doesn't believe "Creationism" should be taught as "Science" in neighborhood Public Schools?

Creationism: The belief that the universe and living organisms originate from specific acts of divine creation, as in the Biblical account, rather than by natural processes aside from divine supernatural creation, such as the theory of evolution.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: BukiRob
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,165,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just checking to see if he is in la la land. He says he loves God but does not keep His commands.

Good moment to remember "6“You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor."

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Not at all. The basis for the Sabbath is in the legal sections of the Torah.

No. That is just the administration. The basis of the
Sabbath is that God created all in six days and on the
seventh day, he rested. There is no way around it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
In the way Christ showed us, and as He spoke of it.

Yeshua followed all the commands of Torah that
applied to a son of Israel. He taught others to do
the same as he did. Even Paul can never be shown
to have broken any OT law.

• Agree
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
In the way Christ showed us, and as He spoke of it.

The Wise and Foolish Builders

46 “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? 47 As for everyone who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice, I will show you what they are like. 48 They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. 49 But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete.”

1 John 2. 17. The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.

Matthew 12:8
For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.”

Mark 2:28
So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”

Luke 6:5
Then Jesus said to them, “The Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.”

The disciples did not break the Sabbath command, because they were getting something to eat, and not harvesting the field.

Mark 2:27
Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.

Man, as in mankind. It does not say the Sabbath was made for the Jew, but mankind. The seventh day is Yahshua’s Sabbath.

Catholicism regarding the Sabbath

Different statements made by Catholic clergy regarding the Sabbath. Here are some quotes with their sources:

"It was the Catholic church which...has transferred this rest to Sunday in remembrance of the resurrection of our Lord. Therefore the observance of Sunday by the Protestants is an homage they pay, in spite of themselves, to the authority of the (Catholic) church." Monsignor Louis Segur, Plain Talk About Protestantism of Today, p. 213.

"Sunday is our mark of authority...the church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact." Catholic Record of London, Ontario, September 1, 1923.

"Perhaps the boldest thing, the most revolutionary change the Church ever did, happened in the first century. The holy day, the Sabbath, was changed from Saturday to Sunday. 'The day of the Lord' was chosen, not from any direction noted in the scriptures, but from the Catholic church's sense of its own power...People who think that the scriptures should be the sole authority, should logically become 7th Day Adventists, and keep Saturday holy." St. Catherine Church Sentinel, Algonac, Michigan, May 21, 1995.

Do you pay homage to the Catholics by keeping a Sunday Sabbath?

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
No. That is just the administration. The basis of the
Sabbath is that God created all in six days and on the
seventh day, he rested. There is no way around it.
Shavua tov!!!!

I guess we're just going to have to disagree. Love ya.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Definition: The term “self-contained classroom” refers to a classroom, where a Special Education Teacher is responsible for the instruction of all academic subjects. The classroom has typically been separated from general education classrooms, but within a neighborhood school.
A self contained classroom is any classroom where students don't have to walk from room to room to get all their subjects. IOW I'm qualified to teach grades K-9. I had some experience with junior high, but mostly I taught 5th and 3rd. Science wasn't just nature books. We also learned scientific method using experimentation. Evolution was covered even down in 3rd grade in a very elementary form. We also learned about the religions of the peoples and nations that we studied. Gee those were wonderful years.

Upvote 0