Electoral College

Will you accept the results of Electoral College vote?

• Yes

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So what? You must accept the results of the (fair) election and abide by the law. You have no choice, unless you want to be arrested as a lawbreaker.
I have no idea where you come up with some of this ridiculous stuff. Sorry, but there's not much more to say in the face of such a bizarre comment.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Uh... a LOT of people have been living on a diet of 100% wrong for a while now...
You are what you eat...

What does this have to do with your post that says "Biden will not be held accountable nor will you be able to do so online without being silenced"?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I will go with what I saw. Not what I'm told.

Yah---and I'm still waiting to hear why you were not in court under oath stating what you think you saw.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I have no idea where you come up with some of this ridiculous stuff. Sorry.

It's ridiculous to assume that if you violate the law you will be arrested? The election is over and the winner has been determined. The electoral college will vote today; the majority of votes will be for Joe Biden.

Good luck if you violate the law, including not accepting the authority of the legally-elected President, Joe Biden. trump can carp and whine all he wants, but he lost.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It's ridiculous to assume that if you violate the law you will be arrested?
I think it's ridiculous to say that a person has to accept the legitimacy of the presidential election. If that were the case, Hillary would be in jail now. We are obliged to COMPLY with the laws, but that's all.

• Winner
Reactions: Taodeching
Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟290,907.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
What does this have to do with your post that says "Biden will not be held accountable nor will you be able to do so online without being silenced"?

'Zat was not my post...

upload_2020-12-14_15-24-12.png

• Agree
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think it's ridiculous to say that a person has to accept the legitimacy of the presidential election. If that were the case, Hillary would be in jail now. We are obliged to COMPLY with the laws, but that's all.

As I said, if you violate the law there is a penalty: arrest.

BTW, Hillary won the popular vote. And she is not in jail. The reason: she didn't do anything wrong -- the exact opposite of trump.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Electoral College votes today. The election will finally be officially decided. Will you accept the results?

I disagree with "Officially decided" as it still has to be accepted by the House and the Senate in January...they can reject the electoral college votes whether they are for Trump OR Biden. Consequently, nothing is or will be "officially decided" today at all.

Constitutionally, the only "official date" finalizing the election is January 20th. All other so called "official dates" are arbitrary.

Upvote 0

A_JAY

Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2017
North Central
✟487,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
49 of the 50 States have met and cast their votes. Biden has 302 votes to Trump 232. Will Trump accept the Electoral College vote.?

Shortly after this William Barr, Trump's AG resigned [eff 12/23] with a long letter of praise. Why do I not feel consoled by the vote?

Attorney General William Barr resigns - CNNPolitics

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I disagree with "Officially decided" as it still has to be accepted by the House and the Senate in January...they can reject the electoral college votes whether they are for Trump OR Biden. Consequently, nothing is or will be "officially decided" today at all.

Constitutionally, the only "official date" finalizing the election is January 20th. All other so called "official dates" are arbitrary.

The House and Senate do not "accept" the results. They tally and announce the results.. From the House's website:

"Since the mid-20th century, on January 6 at 1:00 pm before a Joint Session of Congress, the Vice President opens the votes from each state in alphabetical order. He passes the votes to four tellers—two from the House and two from the Senate—who announce the results. House tellers include one Representative from each party and are appointed by the Speaker. At the end of the count, the Vice President then declares the name of the next President."

You can find more here: https://history.house.gov/.../Electora.../Electoral-College/

There is no vote unless someone raises an objection. If that does happen, the House and Senate recess to their respective chambers and debate the issue. Then they vote on whether or not to contest the votes of the Electoral College. Unless the House and Senate both agree, the Electoral College's vote is not contested by the Joint Session. Trump does not have the numbers in the House, even if every Republican sides with him.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟208,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The Electoral College votes today. The election will finally be officially decided. Will you accept the results?

Romans 8:28.. and that means even election results you don't like
even if it means America collapses, even it it means we abandon Israel, maybe that just means Jesus comes sooner than people anticipated. Is our hope in the US election and US politics or Jesus at the right hand of God the Father on His throne?

Upvote 0

Taodeching

Oct 29, 2020
Southwest
✟60,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Never, the election belongs to President Trump and it was stolen from Americans

• Haha
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

A_JAY

Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2017
North Central
✟487,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: Thomas White
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Never, the election belongs to President Trump and it was stolen from Americans
Or it doesn't and it wasn't. And unless you have some evidence no one else in America has? If so, you might want to produce it.
tulc(just a thought)

Upvote 0