Aug 18, 2012
✟1,431,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you been in a high ranking military position? To be fair, I haven't. But it's safe to assume that those who are would be the ones who know best where a strategic advantage can be had. Just taking a look at a map of the region would show that having a base in Saudi Arabia would be an unmistakable advantage when we need to do something in any one of the many countries that surround it. Google Maps

No. Did your map also show we have bases in the area that are not on Saudi soil? (hint - Dubai)

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No. Did your map also show we have bases in the area that are not on Saudi soil? (hint - Dubai)

It's just a map of the region which shows the countries in the area. It doesn't show where military bases are. The link was right there at the end of my post.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,431,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

Not to give away anything related to OPSEC but…

I was recently in Dubai and Bahrain and neither of them is really big enough to support an invasion of Iran and would probably be out of the war pretty quick if we did go to war with Iran. Meaning that the seaports and airfields would be wiped out as well as a lot of our forces if they are concentrated is such a small location. Saudi Arabia is much larger and has more/better airfields, seaports, as well as an actual military, even if it is of dubious use.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,431,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not to give away anything related to OPSEC but…

I was recently in Dubai and Bahrain and neither of them is really big enough to support an invasion of Iran and would probably be out of the war pretty quick if we did go to war with Iran. Meaning that the seaports and airfields would be wiped out as well as a lot of our forces if they are concentrated is such a small location. Saudi Arabia is much larger and has more/better airfields, seaports, as well as an actual military, even if it is of dubious use.

...noted. Of course, invading Iran is out of the question as far as I am concerned.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Eighteen years after Al Qaeda attacked us, we are sending more troops to the Saudi Arabia:

September 21, 2019 at 3:48 a.m. MST
WASHINGTON

The Pentagon on Friday announced it will deploy additional U.S. troops and missile defense equipment to Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...d53e52-dc05-11e9-a1a5-162b8a9c9ca2_story.html

Have we learned nothing?
We must protect that oil. At all cost. I think anyone in office would want to do the same thing.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
...noted. Of course, invading Iran is out of the question as far as I am concerned.

Why, it should only take two weeks, three at the most, and the people will welcome us with open arms. Then we can pay for the war with the Iranian oil. It is a win win for President Trump.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
We must protect that oil. At all cost. I think anyone in office would want to do the same thing.
I can see the value in that. After all, if there was an oil shortage, people might find other ways to do things...like wind and solar power or harnessing wave action for electricity.

We can't let that happen 'cause the oil barons are American heroes and Al Gore isn't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Why, it should only take two weeks, three at the most, and the people will welcome us with open arms. Then we can pay for the war with the Iranian oil. It is a win win for President Trump.
I think I heard the same thing about Iraq.....

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

It wouldn't have to be an invasion, but at least a crippling of their ability to continue their attacks, such as on oil tankers and oil refining facilities. At least show them that there are repercussions when they commit these types of attacks.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Might even get a few journalists in the crossfire.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,431,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It wouldn't have to be an invasion, but at least a crippling of their ability to continue their attacks, such as on oil tankers and oil refining facilities. At least show them that there are repercussions when they commit these types of attacks.

The Saudis and Israelis can take care of that. After all the billions of dollars spent by their respective governments, it's time for them to step up defend their own interest.

How many more decades are we going to spill American blood for the interests of Saudi rulers.

• Agree
Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The bottom line is that we should get out of Saudi Arabia. If we need bases in the region, we have them in Southern Spain, Qatar and the UAE.

Bases in Saudi are bases on the soil of sacred Muslim sites. The symbolism must be broken.

If the Saudis want to buy weapons, fine. If they want to hire mercenaries, that's fine, just not the US military.
=====
Just BTW, the US is capable of helping Shia governments if it is our national interest; we think that we are doing that in Iraq, and perhaps in Bahrain.

The Saudis and Israelis can take care of that. After all the billions of dollars spent by their respective governments, it's time for them to step up defend their own interest.

How many more decades are we going to spill American blood for the interests of Saudi rulers.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

It's also for people in the Western part of the United States. They get a good portion of the oil/gas to drive their vehicles from Saudi Arabian imports. Their gas prices are through the roof as it is.

Upvote 0