34 (now 50, er 64, um 100+) US troops diagnosed with brain injury after Iran missile attack

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
That started the political trouble. We're talking about the military trouble.

Oh, that started in 331 BC at the Battle of Arbela.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,587.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
The number of U.S. troops who suffered traumatic brain injury, or TBI, in the Jan. 8 Iranian missile attack on an Iraqi military base rose to 64, according to a Defense Department spokesman.
Now THIS is the real epidemic.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
If our troops hadn't been forewarned those figures might have been deaths...and we would be in all out war with Iran.

I won’t speak for the OP but my problem with this is we were originally told no casualties. I’ll even be generous and say the Trump Administration spoke too soon when they said that, especially when concussion type symptoms aren’t always immediately present. But these numbers have been continuing to go up over the course of the month. That isn’t possible if they are being perfectly honest with us. Why are they not being completely forthcoming here? Or do they really not know? Which would be significantly worse. We’ve already seen the title of this thread change twice.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How did Trump "start trouble" with Iran? Are you referring to taking out the general who was responsible for so many American troop deaths, and the latest attack on our embassy? Do you consider the removal of that guy to be "starting trouble"?
Of course killing someone who killed lots of our guys is starting trouble. :scratch:

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I won’t speak for the OP but my problem with this is we were originally told no casualties. I’ll even be generous and say the Trump Administration spoke too soon when they said that, especially when concussion type symptoms aren’t always immediately present. But these numbers have been continuing to go up over the course of the month. That isn’t possible if they are being perfectly honest with us. Why are they not being completely forthcoming here? Or do they really not know? Which would be significantly worse. We’ve already seen the title of this thread change twice.

We have both responses; the medical report, and the administration report. Take your pick.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The number of U.S. troops who suffered traumatic brain injury, or TBI, in the Jan. 8 Iranian missile attack on an Iraqi military base rose to 64, according to a Defense Department spokesman.

Even more of them might be diagnosed with sleep loss, nightmares or PTSD soon. Then the number will grow even further and will be used as a way of trying to make Trump look like he doesn't care about our troops enough to obliterate Iran.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah, we need to replace him with a pro-war President!

I'm also concerned with this line of logic.

This is one of the few times I don't really care that Trump is making stuff up. The last thing we need is a cry for blood from Iran over some unfortunate injuries to soldiers. Because a war with Iran would be a terrible thing that would result in far more than 50 brain injuries.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Over 100 US service members have been diagnosed with mild traumatic brain injuries in the wake of the January 8 Iranian missile attack on the al Asad military base in Iraq, according to a US official with knowledge of the latest information.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Is the TMI just a concussion? It seems like only 18 of these guys were sent away for further evaluation.

I believe a 'mild' TBI is essentially equivalent to concussion.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I believe a 'mild' TBI is essentially equivalent to concussion.

And I'm certainly not trying to downplay the seriousness of a concussion. Just wondering....one hears TBI and it can sound more serious than it is.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I won’t speak for the OP but my problem with this is we were originally told no casualties. I’ll even be generous and say the Trump Administration spoke too soon when they said that, especially when concussion type symptoms aren’t always immediately present.

You'll be generous... I believe believing Donald on this one was arguably a sign of TBI right there.

Upvote 0