34 (now 50, er 64, um 100+) US troops diagnosed with brain injury after Iran missile attack

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
30 people are still unable to work over a month later.

But the army wants to reassure the public that none of the victims of traumatic brain injuries have been promoted beyond the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. :wave:

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
But the army wants to reassure the public that none of the victims of traumatic brain injuries have been promoted beyond the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. :wave:

And the Press wants to convince us that they're all lying in hospital beds waiting for death to come. Anything to undermine the fact that Trump eliminated a high level terrorist.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
And the Press wants to convince us that they're all lying in hospital beds waiting for death to come. Anything to undermine the fact that Trump eliminated a high level terrorist.

They might as well be... the VA is shamefully inept when it comes to genuine injuries, much less a few headaches.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
They go where they're ordered to go. What else is new?

The point is that they were successfully treated and recovered. Try to be happy about it.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The point is that they were successfully treated and recovered. Try to be happy about it.

You didn't say they were successfully treated and recovered. you said they were returned to active duty.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You didn't say they were successfully treated and recovered. you said they were returned to active duty.

Ok, I suppose it's possible that they're being pushed into combat in wheelchairs now as part of the para-military operations for "special abilities" soldiers. More likely is that these guys were successfully treated. If they weren't, they most likely would have received an honorable discharge.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Ok, I suppose it's possible that they're being pushed into combat in wheelchairs now as part of the para-military operations for "special abilities" soldiers.

Or... their traumatic brain injuries are being ignored and dismissed by the powers that be as nothing serious... One should expect Uncle Sam to be as sympathetic to their wounded as, say, the NFL, right?

Funny story:

My friend's grandfather was a doctor back in WWII days. He didn't serve himself, but picked up some extra cash working at the local induction center alongside military doctors... giving physicals, doing evaluations, etc, you get the idea.

Part of the physical back then was inoculations for... well, Malaria, Tetanus, etc... you get the idea. He was shocked and livid when he noticed that, in order to save time and expenses, the military "doctors" were refilling and reusing the same syringes to inoculate each soldier in line. Enraged, he stormed the office of the supervisor, allegedly a medical man himself, and had to explain that a single sick soldier in the lineup would end up infecting everyone with anything from TB to Polio to the Black Plague.

The next day he received a message from the Army: They thanked him for his service, but it would no longer be required.

So, yeah... he developed a healthy skepticism of military efficiency from that day on... as did I after hearing stories like that one.

More likely is that these guys were successfully treated. If they weren't, they most likely would have received an honorable discharge.

Possibly, and I have no doubt at least a few of them were.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Or... their traumatic brain injuries are being ignored and dismissed by the powers that be as nothing serious... One should expect Uncle Sam to be as sympathetic to their wounded as, say, the NFL, right?

Funny story:

My friend's grandfather was a doctor back in WWII days. He didn't serve himself, but picked up some extra cash working at the local induction center alongside military doctors... giving physicals, doing evaluations, etc, you get the idea.

Part of the physical back then was inoculations for... well, Malaria, Tetanus, etc... you get the idea. He was shocked and livid when he noticed that, in order to save time and expenses, the military "doctors" were refilling and reusing the same syringes to inoculate each soldier in line. Enraged, he stormed the office of the supervisor, allegedly a medical man himself, and had to explain that a single sick soldier in the lineup would end up infecting everyone with anything from TB to Polio to the Black Plague.

The next day he received a message from the Army: They thanked him for his service, but it would no longer be required.

So, yeah... he developed a healthy skepticism of military efficiency from that day on... as did I after hearing stories like that one.

Possibly, and I have no doubt at least a few of them were.

While I'm sure things like that happened during WW2 and was able to be concealed for the most part, things are different today in that people are much more able to report such things and get the attention of the Press (and social media) for it. This, on top of all the numerous more regulations that are in place from lessons learned from the past--and the mega lawsuits that have been won when regulations aren't followed and people suffer for it.

Upvote 0