Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Eighteen years after Al Qaeda attacked us, we are sending more troops to the Saudi Arabia:

Have we learned nothing?

Does every Middle Eastern conflict have to tie back to 9/11? What the deuce did they blame the first Gulf War on?

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,216.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Eighteen years after Al Qaeda attacked us, we are sending more troops to the Saudi Arabia:

September 21, 2019 at 3:48 a.m. MST
WASHINGTON

The Pentagon on Friday announced it will deploy additional U.S. troops and missile defense equipment to Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...d53e52-dc05-11e9-a1a5-162b8a9c9ca2_story.html

Have we learned nothing?
The Chinese and Russian economies are heavily dependent on Iran for their oil supply. If Iran is attacked, it could lead to an all out world war.
I hope the US, Russia, China and Iran can find a way to avoid it as there would be no winners in such a war.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
The Chinese and Russian economies are heavily dependent on Iran for their oil supply. If Iran is attacked, it could lead to an all out world war.
I hope the US, Russia, China and Iran can find a way to avoid it as there would be no winners in such a war.

Do you have any references for that? My understanding is that Russia is -exporting- oil and not importing it. I also understand that Iranian oil is sanctioned by the UN. That both the Chinese and the Russians are 'heavily' dependent on Iran for oil seems to conflict with my knowledge.

Some references for your statement would help me resolve the conflict I find myself in.

• Agree
Reactions: Phronema
Upvote 0

Phronema

Orthodox Christian
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2016
Florida Panhandle
✟739,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Both Russia, and China produce more oil than Iran does. Plus nothing is stopping them from getting oil from any other country in the world.

What countries are the top producers and consumers of oil? - FAQ - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Chinese and Russian economies are heavily dependent on Iran for their oil supply.
Russia exports oil. They have a deal with the US over the oil they are pumping out of the North Pole. Rex Tillerson already had the deal worked out with Russia (Putin) before Trump made him Secretary of State.

313620_bbe9cfc09fecc5d6ad524c32a48a7575.jpg

Attachments

• The cold war Offshore feature.jpg
    The cold war Offshore feature.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married

WASHINGTON

The Pentagon on Friday announced it will deploy additional U.S. troops and missile defense equipment to Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...d53e52-dc05-11e9-a1a5-162b8a9c9ca2_story.html

Have we learned nothing?
One has to admire the way America conducts its foreign policy. It makes no sense what-so-ever and that is probably why it works...no one can figure out what is coming next.

Take the event now known as '9-11'. Fifteen of the 19 people directly involved in the attack were Saudi nationals. The leader of al Qaeda at the time was a member of fabulously wealthy Saudi family which has enjoyed the patronage of Saudi Arabia's royal family.

So America took revenge for the attack on Afghanistan and Iraq. That must make perfect sense to...well...somebody. And now we are selling billions of dollars of military weaponry to Saudi Arabia.

One can be excused if one begins to think something is rotten in Washington D.C.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,421,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

...so let Russia and China fend for their oil supply. It's none of our business.

• Agree
Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,216.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Do you have any references for that? My understanding is that Russia is -exporting- oil and not importing it. I also understand that Iranian oil is sanctioned by the UN. That both the Chinese and the Russians are 'heavily' dependent on Iran for oil seems to conflict with my knowledge.

Some references for your statement would help me resolve the conflict I find myself in.
Iv'e heard many political commentators mention the close economic relationship between these three over the years.
I just read one article but it doesn't go very deep, it just gives a broad brush overview.

I'm sure there are much better articles out there but I'll just list this one for the sake of time.
The Russia Iran China Axis

Upvote 0

Phronema

Orthodox Christian
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2016
Florida Panhandle
✟739,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
One has to admire the way America conducts its foreign policy. It makes no sense what-so-ever and that is probably why it works...no one can figure out what is coming next.

Take the event now known as '9-11'. Fifteen of the 19 people directly involved in the attack were Saudi nationals. The leader of al Qaeda at the time was a member of fabulously wealthy Saudi family which has enjoyed the patronage of Saudi Arabia's royal family.

So America took revenge for the attack on Afghanistan and Iraq. That must make perfect sense to...well...somebody. And now we are selling billions of dollars of military weaponry to Saudi Arabia.

One can be excused if one begins to thing something is rotten in Washington D.C.

Not to defend Washington necessarily, but Afghanistan housed training camps that had to be removed, and that's why Afghanistan was attacked. Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11.

Attacking a country simply based on it being where some of your adversary's troops were born isn't correct.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,421,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps we learned from dessert storm that Saudi Arabia makes a good ally.

A good ally, that is home to the Wahhabi ideology that inspired the 9-11 terrorists?

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private

WASHINGTON

Have we learned nothing?
It seems that humbleness and restraint will only come to America if it experiences like-results (e.g. if Iran deploys troops and military equipment to America).

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Iv'e heard many political commentators mention the close economic relationship between these three over the years.
I just read one article but it doesn't go very deep, it just gives a broad brush overview.

I'm sure there are much better articles out there but I'll just list this one for the sake of time.
The Russia Iran China Axis

Thanks. I read the parts about China and Russia. It does not say China and Russia are heavily dependent on Iran for oil. What it says is Iran is heavily dependent on China and Russia for both cash and military supplies. Neither nation is buying enough oil from Iran to make them 'heavily' dependent on Iranian oil.

But one can clearly see from those sections why America desires Iran be shut down. Follow the money is not only the best thing, but the only thing, in understanding American foreign policy.

Iran has developed a deep economic connection with China and Russia who are two nations America feels threatened by. Just as in Iraq, when sanctions get lifted the economic benefit of open trade with Iran will go to China and Russia, not America.

Always follow the money.

Reactions: Dan1988
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps we learned from dessert storm that Saudi Arabia makes a good ally.
One member of the ISAF coalition: I Saw Americans Fight.

Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,184,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
A good ally, that is home to the Wahhabi ideology that inspired the 9-11 terrorists?
Being the home of that vile sect is bad enough on its own, they insist on exporting it.

• Winner
Reactions: mark46
Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟319,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11.
Strictly speaking, it didn't, but part of the lie that was used to sell it to the American people was that Saddam was working with Al Qaeda to orchestrate terrorist attacks in the US.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Afghanistan housed training camps that had to be removed, and that's why Afghanistan was attacked.
They used $100,000 bombs to take out $1,000 school building that they could have hired someone to tear down for $100.

Upvote 0