• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Ecumenical Excesses

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Dominus Fidelis, Aug 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rising_Suns

Rising_Suns 'Christ's desolate heart is in need of comfort'

+770
    Catholic
    Right, and again, not all Protestants believe in "faith alone".

2. Benedicta00

Benedicta00 Well-Known Member

+816
    Catholic
    Private
    RS- you really are barking up the wrong tree comparing apples to oranges by bringing the EO into this, they are true Churches establish by the apostles who is in schism with one bishop in particular, they do not even compare to Luther or henry’s dissent.

They also have confession- VALID preists, so if they were to commune, we know they get it- you have to go to confession first least you take in judgment of your sins and condemn yourself.

Are you willing to chuck confession too for ecumenism davide?

3. lonnienord

lonnienord Keep Praying!!

+526
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    When i say Amen i am saying Amen to the fact that i am recieving JESUS. I have never heard that when you say amen you are saying that i am in union with the Bishop of Rome. Why do you think "Amen" means that?????????????:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

4. Benedicta00

+816
    Catholic
    Private
    yes, but have they gone to confession?

5. lonnienord

+526
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    Why do you have to be Catholic in order to recieve JESUS???????

of course aren't all baptised christians Catholic? We recognize all baptism that is done properly.

6. Benedicta00

+816
    Catholic
    Private
    Lonnie-

the Church has always taught this. Please look it up.

7. lonnienord

+526
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    have they been told they must go to confession?

8. Benedicta00

+816
    Catholic
    Private
    Lonnie, PLEASEEEEEEEEEE do not get offended but where do you learn about the catholic faith? This stuff I am saying is basic.

9. lonnienord

+526
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    i have been a Catholic for 30 years went to mass every sunday and many many times during the week and i've never heard this. Where do you suggest i look it up???

10. Benedicta00

+816
    Catholic
    Private
    Like- Yeah!!

11. Milla

Milla Well-Known Member

+192
    Eastern Orthodox
    This would carry a lot more weight if you cited an offical Church source :)

12. Benedicta00

+816
    Catholic
    Private
    Every catechism the Church ever printed.

Lonnie, you really never heard that you have to be Catholic to take communion at Mass? You really never knew you have to go to confession if you have never been before to take it for the first time and every time you are in sin?

Do you watch the Mass on EWTN? They explain the requirements before every mass.

13. lonnienord

+526
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    i am a convert 30 years ago. 6 years ago i sponsored a convert and went through RCIA. I have read the Catachism of the Catholic Church; and most of the documents of Vatican two. I go do mass and listen to the homily weekly for 30 years and daily for the last 6 months.

what you are saying may be basic but i honstly have never heard that "Amen" means anything more than that i acknowledge that i am recieving the Body of JESUS

14. Miss Shelby

Miss Shelby Legend

+3,031
    Catholic
    Private
    One has to be baptized and receive the Holy Sacrament of First Communion and First Confession in order to receive communion. (and Confirmation and if they're an adult)

If all that was required to receive was belief, then why would people have to go through the initiation rite and be received into the Church? They don't let the candidates receive until they are fully intiated. Think about it.

Michelle

15. Benedicta00

+816
    Catholic
    Private
    It's on the back of the missel!

Am I in the twilight zone here???

You have to be a catholic to take communion at a catholic mass, you can not take communion with out prior sacramental confession if you have mortal sin on your soul least you take it in judgement of yourself.

In RCIA- you have to wait until your convert at the vigil and have made a prior sacramental confession before you can receive communion.

16. lonnienord

+526
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    I know the requirement that one be Catholic and be in a state of grace (yes i do watch mass on EWTN. I believe the pope, cardnal and bishops can allow non catholics to recieve communion. I also think that if we had a class and explained transubstansation and confession and the state of grace we could (if the teaching authority of the Church agreed) allow non catholics to recieve communion. (of course i don't really mean that cause since i think all baptised people are Catholics i would expect that we would only allow baptised people ie Catholics to partake)

17. Benedicta00

+816
    Catholic
    Private
    Lonnie read the missel next time you are in church- ask the priest- if I am lying …I am dying.

When you say Amen you are saying that you believe all that the Church purposes for your belief in union with the pope.

When you were in RCIA when were you allowed to take communion?

18. Milla

Milla Well-Known Member

+192
    Eastern Orthodox
    Yes, but this:

Is what I am asking you to support with sources. It would seem to me to be inaccurate, because as we all know, the RCC allows Orthodox to take communion, and they do not acknowledge the Pope as supreme leader of the Church on earth.

19. D'Ann

D'Ann Catholic... Faith, Hope and the greatest is LOVE

+3,925
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Thank you so much Cat59 for these links. I find the following message very sweet and wonderful. God be with him. God bless you too and your family always.

Pax,

Debbie

20. Benedicta00

+816
    Catholic
    Private
    nope.

That insult how it goes. Dispensation are given in very specific situations like a funeral, like a wedding and only if the person is in danger of death. Love feasts are not a reason. sorry.

It takes way more that just believing inin the real presence and transubstantiation.

Communion is our becoming one with God Lonnie, the people are not in union with all that Christ left for us, and they reject his Church Lonnie. Come on, this isn’t that hard to understand why we can not allow them to commune all willy niiy.

Jesus said he who hears you, hears me. They do not listen to the Church Lonnie, they have made their own church and have made themselves pope.

I'm not trying to put anyone down but you have to have realized this? They broke away from Jesus’ church.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.