Hong Kong
✟154,417.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
There is no doubt, from everything I am seeing, climate is changing drastically.
It's been a while but as I recall from a soph biology
class was about pollen from ice ago bogs in
like minnesota showing that boreal forest and
southern hardwoods had changed places x times
since glacial retreat as the climate swung back and forth
heating and cooling.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟270,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you weren't fed that information from outside sources, would you even know it?
I know there are those who say everything is fake so they can dismiss evidence, which they don't want.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟244,842.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
You have confirmed a theory of mine that you are anti-science in the guise of creationism.
You do not accept climate science nor evolution because you see science in general as an attack on your faith.
Rather than coming straight out and admitting it, attempting to intellectualize your prejudices with the claim time is a human invention which in some bizarre way invalidates scientific theories is not only pure nonsense but disingenuous.

I think it is a bit rich to claim biblically we have the responsibility of being caretakers for the earth while at the same time quoting Isaiah 51:6 that the earth’s fate has already been sealed.
You are prepared to go to any lengths to deny it was the very scientific theories that predicted climate warming was caused by humans and is supported by observations.
To put it bluntly claiming climate science has been wrong about its predictions by conveniently confusing the science with alarmism is being deceptive.

and .... you have confirmed a theory of mine that you are anti-creationism in the guise of evolution.

The observations have been that climate has and does change ...

Scientists cannot “prove” current warming is not natural Climate scientists can not prove that the current warming is not due to natural processes and therefore can not claim with certainty that the warming is due to human interference.

theories (based on climate models) ... not fact ... who is being disingenuous?

I think it is a bit rich to claim biblically we have the responsibility of being caretakers for the earth while at the same time quoting Isaiah 51:6 that the earth’s fate has already been sealed.

The creation of mankind is God's most cherished creation and our current home is earth .... we are to take care of our home while we are living here .... it's logical to do so. We know at any time our physical living quarters can be destroyed by a natural cause of some kind (imagine if Yellowstone was to erupt in a big way) ... but even so ... we take care of our homes ... so while we are living here we are to take care of our earthly home ... even though we do know someday it will be destroyed ... we do not know when that will happen ... so yeah until that happens we are to take care of it.

Back to time ... the major pillar of evolution (fundamental to it) ....

Time is a prime conflict between relativity and quantum mechanics, measured and malleable in relativity while assumed as background (and not an observable) in quantum mechanics. To many physicists, while we experience time as psychologically real (mind), time is not fundamentally real.

Existence of time as a fourth dimension can only be theorized.

Can anyone think in four dimensions?

You can't. There are only three spatial dimensions. And beyond that, you can't even think of a fourth spatial dimension, because our brains operate in a three-dimensional world (there are some people who claim that they can imagine a fourth dimension (or more)... the reality is .... it is UNKNOWN.

Time being a 4th dimension ... or not ... is unsettled science and always will be.
Just for the record: I accorded your post a winner, despite disocciating myself from your views on time.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,922,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know there are those who say everything is fake so they can dismiss evidence, which they don't want.

The point is, if they weren't fed that information, they wouldn't even know anything was "wrong."

They would just think it would be another hot (or warm) day.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟840,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The point is, if they weren't fed that information, they wouldn't even know anything was "wrong."
If your doctor didn't measure your blood pressure, and feed that information to you, you wouldn't know anything was wrong.

Your implicit argument is that no one should measure what's happening. Or if they do, they shouldn't tell anybody about the results.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟763,893.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others

They would just think it would be another hot (or warm) day.

If you weren't fed that information from outside sources, would you even know it?
As an avid gardener, it's clear that change is happening. The increase in water usage, the timing of flowering, the timing of fall leaves, the increase of smoke from forest fires, an increase of dying trees, the longer and more frequent hot days are all signs I see that it's getting hotter without anyone feeding information. The information I do receive outside of my own observations has to do with how these events are happening world wide.

Reactions: sjastro
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,922,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If your doctor didn't measure your blood pressure, and feed that information to you, you wouldn't know anything was wrong.

Bingo!

But please notice that I put "wrong" in quotes for a reason.

Your implicit argument is that no one should measure what's happening.

Hey, if it makes them happy and look busy, then go for it.

And for the record, I don't think anything is happening that hasn't happened before.

It takes a scientist to make something routine look like a planet killer.

Or if they do, they shouldn't tell anybody about the results.

If they don't sound an alarm, they won't get paid.

In my opinion.

I don't mean to sound cynical, but it seems the worse they can scare us, the more control they can have over our emotions.

And the more money they get.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,922,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As an avid gardener, it's clear that change is happening.

Ya, right.

The increase in water usage, the timing of flowering, the timing of fall leaves, the increase of smoke from forest fires, an increase of dying trees, the longer and more frequent hot days are all signs I see that it's getting hotter without anyone feeding information.

So you're saying you knew that stuff already?

Or did you start noticing these things you just mentioned AFTER scientists started screaming about the end of the world?

The information I do receive outside of my own observations has to do with how these events are happening world wide.

Right.

Your garden needs more water this year, and so you determine gardens all over the world need more water?

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟281,371.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As an avid gardener, it's clear that change is happening. The increase in water usage, the timing of flowering, the timing of fall leaves, the increase of smoke from forest fires, an increase of dying trees, the longer and more frequent hot days are all signs I see that it's getting hotter without anyone feeding information. The information I do receive outside of my own observations has to do with how these events are happening world wide.
When I moved to my rural property in Australia nearly 25 years ago I noticed a species of needlegrass began to proliferate in early November as temperatures began to increase; this signalled the start of the fire season and the legal requirement for land clearing began.
Now the needlegrass starts growing in early September and the fire season starts a lot earlier.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,922,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When I moved to my rural property in Australia nearly 25 years ago I noticed a species of needlegrass began to proliferate in early November as temperatures began to increase; this signalled the start of the fire season and the legal requirement for land clearing began.
Now the needlegrass starts growing in early September and the fire season starts a lot earlier.

It appears ... now that I made a good point ... everyone's going to start talking about how they knew this stuff was coming BEFORE scientists started sounding some alarm.

Well, for the record, I made a thread that shows they were sounding an alarm long BEFORE you moved to your rural property in Australia nearly 25 years ago.

You, like me, probably grew up in the shadow of scientists screaming bogus warnings right and left.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟840,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟840,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
And believing their lies doesn't make it any more true.
Note that sjastro's observation is consistent with the scientific predictions being correct.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟244,842.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
It appears ... now that I made a good point ... everyone's going to start talking about how they knew this stuff was coming BEFORE scientists started sounding some alarm.
You ability to manipulate reality in your mind to the point where it coincides with your comic book version of science and a Bible originally written in Jacobean English would be impressive were it not the case that the same power can be attained by anyone simply by abandoning their intellect, then ignoring evidence, logic, reason and a respect for meaning.

Upvote 0