Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There's no point discussing science with you when your blinkers are set by an inaccurate understanding of how to read Genesis.

It's not my fault you can't cram a 300 million year process into 239 years.

I always maintain that science moves decimal points as necessary to make their theories stick.

And this is a prime example.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Floridians are relocating to the center of the state to try to avoid hurricanes — and high insurance premiums

• Ocala has the lowest risk of coastal flooding in Florida, analytics platform Climate Alpha found.
  • One real-estate agent has seen an influx of people from South Florida seeking "peace and security."
  • It's an emerging bright spot as the state undergoes an "insurance crisis."

In Florida's Housing Market, Insurance-Free Homes Become Big Selling Point

A significant number of Florida's homeowners and agents trying to offload their properties are trying to attract buyers with the promise of not having to pay for flood insurance—an appealing prospect as the state faces an ongoing insurance crisis.

These listings show that Florida sellers are acutely aware of how the skyrocketing cost of home insurance has become one of the main reasons that's discouraging potential homebuyers from purchasing. According to the Insurance Information Institute (Triple-I), the average Florida homeowner's insurance premium is $6,000—a 42 percent jump from 2022.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

A significant number of Florida's homeowners and agents trying to offload their properties are trying to attract buyers with the promise of not having to pay for flood insurance—an appealing prospect as the state faces an ongoing insurance crisis.

These listings show that Florida sellers are acutely aware of how the skyrocketing cost of home insurance has become one of the main reasons that's discouraging potential homebuyers from purchasing. According to the Insurance Information Institute (Triple-I), the average Florida homeowner's insurance premium is $6,000—a 42 percent jump from 2022.
Oh, but it's all alarmists that are doing this. They've fooled all the insurance companies, realtors, and property owners. It's all a hoax.

Unless you have to insure your home in Florida. Then climate change blindsides you in the pocketbook.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,301.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship

What does that have to do with agw
"They're lying!!! All of them are LYINNNNGGGG!!!"

Sure.
It's routine for people to accuse others of their own sine.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
What does that have to do with age
The change in the climate is increasing the frequency and severity of hurricanes in the Atlantic. This has increased the risk of flooding in Florida (and elsewhere). This has increased the costs of insurance. The invisible hand of capitalism is acting to drive people away from places endangered by climate change.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Scripture is God's word, Science is God's works
Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟143,058.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

This is how I think we'll see changes in Australia as well - with bushfire insurance for smaller communities becoming more and more expensive. Unless they bulldoze 500 metres of land around their town - but then they're just in paddocks - not in the woods any more - which kind of ruins the whole point anyway.
And we've seen dozens of fires race across 500 metres of tinder dry grass in past bushfires.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What does that have to do with agw
Severe storms cause huge losses for insurance companies. So they raise rates to cover their losses. And now, the losses have been so high that it's hard to get affordable coverage on the Gulf coast.

I always maintain that science moves decimal points as necessary to make their theories stick.

Sure.

It's routine for people to accuse others of their own sine.
Maybe so.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,301.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Severe storms cause huge losses for insurance companies. So they raise rates to cover their losses. And now, the losses have been so high that it's hard to get affordable coverage on the Gulf coast.

Sure.

Maybe so.
No maybe to it.
It's known as psychological projection.

Not that all accusations are false, but
with others the more they holler
about Sin, the more you know who's
the guilty one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe so.

In almost twenty years here, I think I've only accused one or two people of lying.

That's not my style.

I've come close -- but I won't do it.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sure.
Those are your words.
You accused scientists of moving decimal points to make their theories "stick." Those are your words, not mine. If you're going to do that, at least stand up and admit it.

Reactions: eclipsenow
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You accused scientists of moving decimal points to make their theories "stick."

That's right.
But you can't support your accusation that this is what scientists do.

But then, I don't have to accuse them.
If so, it's hard to understand why you keep doing it.
Anyone can see they doing it.
But you can't show that it's a common practice? We all know why. If you're going to do that, at least stand up and admit it.

You first
I know better than to make accusations like that. You don't have to support your accusations. But we all notice.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟241,112.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
It's more common than you think.

I'd venture to say even you've done it.
That is insulting and potentially libellous, despite your ambiguous "venture to say". I recommend you either provide evidence to support your suspicion or withdraw it and offer @The Barbarian an apology.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That is insulting and potentially libellous, despite your ambiguous "venture to say". I recommend you either provide evidence to support your suspicion or withdraw it and offer @The Barbarian an apology.

And let me guess.

You haven't?

If you never have, then what do you do with the decimal place when science says it took something 1000 years to form, then later changes it to 10,000?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
If you never have, then what do you do with the decimal place when science says it took something 1000 years to form, then later changes it to 10,000?

There are two cases.

If the theory accommodates both 1,000 years and 10,000 years, then the new evidence or analysis doesn't make the theory stick.
If the theory doesn't, then the new evidence or analysis causes a modification or replacement of the theory, which doesn't make the theory stick.

• Agree
Reactions: The Barbarian
Upvote 0