enroute
✟1,405,189.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Wait a minute. I was giving it some thought, and it occurs to me if we're right.. We won't live long enough to spend the money. The San Andreas earthquake is no big deal, cause nether of us lives in Los Angeles.. but World War Three ???

Tell you what.. Let's just go with your prediction and they can keep my $25 grand !

Hmm.:scratch: You do have a good point here. I doubt if either one of us will be thinking about collecting prize money if the big one happens.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,189.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
NASA made some interesting announcements this week. On Wednesday they released satellite pictures of a giant iceberg breaking off the Western Ice Shelf of Antarctica. Scientists fear encroaching sea water under the ice will now undermine the Western Ice Shelf, and progressively bigger ice bergs will break off in a "domino" effect. The whole Western Ice Shelf could be about to collapse into the ocean.
And this will cause a rise in sea level.People just don't see it. SMH.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,189.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Wow ! I should be writing scripts for Wayholka's Prophecy Update Videos, huh ? Wayholka, tell em I'm available for $25 grand for a two year contract, but I'll need that paid in advance right away !
Yeah, cause if you wait, you might not be able to spend it.

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"A prudent man sees evil coming and hides himself" Proverbs 22:3, 27:12).

Sort of begs the question, "What is anyone doing to hide themselves from the coming evil", doesn't it ?

The presumption by most (Christians ?) is that God is going to intervene and deliver them to safety. Really ? Are you absolutely sure of that ? What if the way God looks at it, "he dropped the RR warning crossing guard.. ding. ding, ding, red flashing lights.. and you're the one who ignored it and tried to beat the train anyways" ? Oh well.

You don't have to do anything yourself (in effect essentially ignoring God's warnings), and God is going to temporarily suspend reality to save you anyways ? Are you willing to bet your LIFE on that ?

I'm certainly NOT !

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,189.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Sort of begs the question, "What is anyone doing to hide themselves from the coming evil", doesn't it ?

The presumption by most (Christians ?) is that God is going to intervene and deliver them to safety. Really ? Are you absolutely sure of that ? What if the way God looks at it, "he dropped the RR warning crossing guard.. ding. ding, ding, red flashing lights.. and you're the one who ignored it and tried to beat the train anyways" ? Oh well.

You don't have to do anything yourself (in effect essentially ignoring God's warnings), and God is going to temporarily suspend reality to save you anyways ? Are you willing to bet your LIFE on that ?

I'm certainly NOT !
Well, I am confident in the resurrection from the dead, aren't you? Jesus is the savior from death, and as He was raised, so will we be raised. So really there is nothing to do except to be ready whenever we make our transition, whether by death or by rapture.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,927.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

You don't have to do anything yourself (in effect essentially ignoring God's warnings), and God is going to temporarily suspend reality to save you anyways ? Are you willing to bet your LIFE on that ? I'm certainly NOT !
So are you actually a Christian believer?
Sorry, I have to ask, but from this and other posts you make, you rely on your own strength rather than on our Saviour, Jesus Christ.
I have posted before over 30 Bible verses saying that the Lord will protect His own during His Day of wrath. We are told to stand firm in our faith and call upon His Name. Joel 2:32, Acts 2:21

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can see the signs. I know I'm supposed to be "prepping" for the End Of the World.. and I pick up two bags of lentils at the supermarket, but then I walk past the frozen Chicken Parmesian and Meatloaf t.v. dinners and it's no contest.

Has anyone ever eaten a lentil ? They're horrid looking, aren't they ? Some kind of "miniature pea" I think. I figure they taste twice as bad as they look. Survival food isn't very appetizing.

If the Apocalypse doesn't kill me first, the lentils will ! Quite frankly I would prefer being dead, than being reduced to eating lentil soup.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Directions

In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, and celery; cook and stir until onion is tender. Stir in garlic, bay leaf, oregano, and basil; cook for 2 minutes.
Stir in lentils, and add water and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for at least 1 hour.

images

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh ! Yuck ! See that's what I'm talking about. Look at that disgusting spoon full of lentils ! How many ingredients do you have to add to them to make t hem taste like something ? I counted eight. Right ?

Jesus did say we would suffer as he did, didn't he ? They probably had lentils cooked for them at the last supper, and they opted for just wine and stale bread instead.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,189.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Oh ! Yuck ! See that's what I'm talking about. Look at that disgusting spoon full of lentils ! How many ingredients do you have to add to them to make t hem taste like something ? I counted eight. Right ?

Jesus did say we would suffer as he did, didn't he ? They probably had lentils cooked for them at the last supper, and they opted for just wine and stale bread instead.

Who said the bread was stale? :scratch:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Who said the bread was stale? :scratch:

Actually, the wine was probably not all that good either. Probably something comparable to grog (a mixture of water and rum), or watered down wine, which would have been consumed by the average citizen back in ancient times. Real wine was only enjoyed by affluent citizenry back then.

The Original Church also apparently operated on a pretty austere budget, (unlike today) which is evidenced by descriptions in the Gospel of the disciples and Jesus sleeping on the bare ground, and the disciples criticizing Mary for buying expensive perfume for Jesus' funerary rites.

So I assume the disciples wouldn't have gone out and bought fresh baked bread either. Still, it beat having to eat lentils.

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
NEWS FLASH

Russia's U.N. ambassador Vitaly Churkin dies suddenly in New York city four days ago, just before the United Nations begins deliberations on the conflicts in the Ukraine and Syria (Associated Press).

The U.S. claims the death was the result of a heart attack, but a spokesmen for the Russian government asserts the cause of the veteran diplomats death has yet to be determined (MSNBC today).

Understand, this event comes on the heels of Trump's extraordinary statement in a recent Fox News interview in which he was asked about Putin's alleged murder of dissidents and he responds, "What ? Do you think we're so innocent ? Do you think America doesn't kill people too" !

Churkin's sudden death also comes on the heels of the recent assassination last week of Kim Jong Nam (exiled half brother of North Korea's leader Kim Jong un) in Malaysia where VX nerve agent was used in the assassination.

Might just all just be coincidence.. and then again, maybe not. There are poisons that can cause heart attacks, which are very difficult (sometimes impossible), to detect after several.

At any rate, as a Russian citizen, the disposition of Vitaly Churkin's remains, as well as the final determination of his cause of death is not the purview of the United States, but of the Russian government.

I wonder what Putin will call it ? A natural heart attack death, or an assassination ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
STRANGE WEATHER

Is there a correlating Eschatological passage from scripture for this, or is this just a weather report that belongs in the "news and current events" section?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dougangel

Regular
Site Supporter
May 7, 2012
New Zealand
✟85,556.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Actually, the wine was probably not all that good either. Probably something comparable to grog (a mixture of water and rum), or watered down wine, which would have been consumed by the average citizen back in ancient times. Real wine was only enjoyed by affluent citizenry back then.

The Original Church also apparently operated on a pretty austere budget, (unlike today) which is evidenced by descriptions in the Gospel of the disciples and Jesus sleeping on the bare ground, and the disciples criticizing Mary for buying expensive perfume for Jesus' funerary rites.

So I assume the disciples wouldn't have gone out and bought fresh baked bread either. Still, it beat having to eat lentils.

What a surprise another negative skeptic lol

Upvote 0

dougangel

Regular
Site Supporter
May 7, 2012
New Zealand
✟85,556.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh, don't mind him. He just hates lentils.^_^ ^_^ (I am just teasing Stephen)

Oh about the weather. I'm in New Zealand and you notice the Ozone layer not there. Skin Burn time 20 years ago was around half an hour now it less than 6 mins last year. We had a giant iceburg in our news floating past my home town. That has never been recorded in New Zealand before.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,189.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Oh about the weather. I'm in New Zealand and you notice the Ozone layer not there. Skin Burn time 20 years ago was around half an hour now it less than 6 mins last year. We had a giant iceburg in our news floating past my home town. That has never been recorded in New Zealand before.

Oh my! :pray:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.