Visit site
✟293,055.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
All this happening at once in 2017 ! Situation normal ? Business as usual ? All this has happened before ? On what planet Keras
I don't deny that there is a convergence of signs leading to a forthcoming correction by the Lord. I just don't see chickens or screaming Benghazi's as signs! Or the Dow-Jones either!
The real sign is the deteriorating situation in the Middle East. Iran is nervous about Trump, his stance is far tougher than Obama and very pro-Israel. I like that, but the Day will come when Iran and it's allies will try to wipe Israel off the map. That will be their downfall and the world will never be the same again.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Luke's Gospel reveals that these "signs" that many are looking for today occurred during the first century and were intended to reveal the coming destruction of the city in 70 AD. The New King James does a good job of revealing this. The black subtitles are found in the NKJV.

Jesus Foretells Destruction of the Temple

Luk 21:5  Then, as some spoke of the temple, how it was adorned with beautiful stones and donations, He said, 

Luk 21:6  "These things which you see—the days will come in which not one stone shall be left upon another that shall not be thrown down." 

Luk 21:7  So they asked Him, saying, "Teacher, but when will these things be? And what sign will there be when these things are about to take place?" 

Luk 21:8  And He said: "Take heed that you not be deceived. For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am He,' and, 'The time has drawn near.' Therefore do not go after them. 

Luk 21:9  But when you hear of wars and commotions, do not be terrified; for these things must come to pass first, but the end will not come immediately."

Jesus Foretells Wars and Persecution

Luk 21:10  Then He said to them, "Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. 

Luk 21:11  And there will be great earthquakes in various places, and famines and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and great signs from heaven. 

Luk 21:12  But before all these things, they will lay their hands on you and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues and prisons. You will be brought before kings and rulers for My name's sake.

( In Acts 22:19 Paul reveals that he fulfilled this verse.) 
Luk 21:13  But it will turn out for you as an occasion for testimony. 

Luk 21:14  Therefore settle it in your hearts not to meditate beforehand on what you will answer; 

Luk 21:15  for I will give you a mouth and wisdom which all your adversaries will not be able to contradict or resist. 

Luk 21:16  You will be betrayed even by parents and brothers, relatives and friends; and they will put some of you to death. 

Luk 21:17  And you will be hated by all for My name's sake. 

Luk 21:18  But not a hair of your head shall be lost. 

Luk 21:19  By your patience possess your souls.

Jesus Foretells Destruction of Jerusalem

Luk 21:20  "But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation is near. 

Luk 21:21  Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those who are in the midst of her depart, and let not those who are in the country enter her. 

Luk 21:22  For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. 

Luk 21:23  But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! For there will be great distress in the land and wrath upon this people. 

Luk 21:24  And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled. 

The Coming of the Son of Man

Luk 21:25  "And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; 

Luk 21:26  men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 

Luk 21:27  Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 

Luk 21:28  Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."

The disciples asked two questions.

1. When will the temple be destroyed?

2. What will be the sign of the "parousia" (Second Coming)?

Jesus answered both questions in the Olivet Discourse.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

alsughasoughaiuyfygh

Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2015
Unknown
✟681,328.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't deny that there is a convergence of signs leading to a forthcoming correction by the Lord. I just don't see chickens or screaming Benghazi's as signs! Or the Dow-Jones either!
The real sign is the deteriorating situation in the Middle East. Iran is nervous about Trump, his stance is far tougher than Obama and very pro-Israel. I like that, but the Day will come when Iran and it's allies will try to wipe Israel off the map. That will be their downfall and the world will never be the same again.

The point I was making was all the protests and riots happening at once. Obviously the public is getting disillusioned with their leaders and policies and will want a more effective leader, the Antichrist.

Here's a couple more:

Spain
More than 160,000 march in Barcelona to demand Spain takes in more refugees

Sweden
Rioting erupts in immigrant-dominated Swedish suburb

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Luke's Gospel reveals that these "signs" that many are looking for today occurred during the first century

As far as I know, nobody in this thread disagrees the "Last Days" began shortly after Christ's Resurrection. Your absolutely right, an in depth examination of what the Apostles wrote and what Jesus prophesied makes this point abundantly clear.

However, that doesn't mean the teachings of the Apostles and prophecies of Christ are not more relevant today than they were during the first century.

Any view that every End Time prophecy was entirely fulfilled during the first century would constitute a "Full Preterist" doctrine, which is prohibited in this forum according to CF rules.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,303.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
"TEXAS FEARS FERAL HOG APOCALYPSE" (CBS News 1/22/17)

The Apocalypse has even reached Texas !! Hordes of demonic possessed feral hogs decimate Texas agriculture.
They need to declare open season on them. I read an article that said they want to poison them. That is a jacked up notion imho. That is food that they want to poison. They could also bait and capture them, then slaughter them.Hunters disagree with the authorities on the idea of poisoning. I do too.

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
WARS AND RUMORS OF WARS

Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu addressed the Russian Parliament Wednesday 1/22/17 (Source. Associated Press Service).

According to the Defense Minister's remarks, "Russia's preparations for war against the West will be completed by 2018. The Russian Air Force is slated to receive 170 new aircraft in 2017 and will recruit 1,300 new pilots".

"Russia's nuclear forces will add 41 new ICBM missiles to its' strategic missile forces, as well as advanced nuclear capable cruise missile forces which are now being deployed. A new long range early warning system has already been deployed to survey the airspace along the entire length of Russia's borders".

"The Army will receive 905 newer model tanks and armored vehicles, in addition to three new army divisions that will be created. One division will be tasked with defending the Kuril Islands claimed by Japan (The Kuril Islands have not been occupied by Russian ground forces since the end of the Second World War). Long range anti-ship missiles will also be deployed in the Kuril Islands to defend the coasts from attack".

"The Russian Navy will receive 17 new guided missile ships in 2017, and the testing of new naval, air ground weapons capabilities in Syria has been accomplished, with the addition of 2,000 newer UAV drones, compared to just 180 in 2011".

(My Comment) I don't think the remarks of Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu could be any clearer. "Russia's preparations for war with the West will be completed by 2018".. those were his exact words as reported by the Associated Press News Service.

As in every case, certain military steps have to be taken in order to prosecute a war effectively, this includes the testing of new weapons and the deployment of new additional air, naval and ground forces.

The Germans completed testing their air force in the Spanish Civil War in 1939. Japan was testing new shallow running torpedoes and were training their pilots to attack Pearl Harbor in 1940. They also began fortifying the Island of Okinawa that same year.

The lesson here ? "If it walks like duck and most especially if it quacks like a duck.. It's a duck ! 2018 will be the start of World War Three !

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
WARS AND RUMORS OF WAR

Here is a brief overview of the major historical events of 1939 leading up to the Second World War. See if you don't recognize some the parallels which are occurring in 2017 as the frequency and intensity of a coming global conflict intensifies.

Jan. 26 France ends alliance system in Eastern Europe.

Jan. 27 Hitler orders Plan Z (A naval expansion programme) aimed at defeating the British Navy.

Jan. 30 In a speech before the German Reichstag Hitler predicts the Jewish race will be annihilated in Europe.

Mar. 15 German troops occupy Czechoslovakia.

Mar. 22 Germany occupies port of Memel in Lithuania.
h
Apr. 4 Hitler orders the invasion of Poland (Operation Fall Weib).

Oct. 8. Polish Army surrenders. All organized resistance ends.

Dec. 9 First British Expeditionary Army arrives in France to bolster French defenses.

Alliances collapsing, military expansion programmes accelerated, Jewish xenophobia intensifies in Europe (like the Muslim xenophobia of 2017), countries annexed illegally (like the Crimea today), the defense forces of France bolstered by Britain (like the deployment of additional U.S. forces to Poland and Eastern Europe in 2017. The parallels between 1939 and 2017 are obvious.

Although the Second World War has officially begun with the invasion of Poland (Much like the War in Syria circa 2017), the real hostilities between the Allies and Axis forces doesn't come until next year in 1940 with the subsequent invasions of Denmark, Norway and France by Germany, The first major naval engagement in the Battle of Taranto, and the spread of the war to North Africa where Germany crushes the British Army.

1939 is the equivalent of 2017, and 2018 will be the equivalent of 1940. This isn't fear mongering, or hysteria.. It's a simply reality.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hmm?:scratch: The rains that have been inundating the West coast is causing landslides and floods. I wonder if this will cause a destabilization of the fault zones? Thank you Riberra for this information.

Interesting question Handmaid. Some of that rainwater has to be soaking into the earth and going somewhere, doesn't it ???

Remember the story a while back about all the waste water being pumped into the ground in Oklahoma by the oil industry causing fault lines to slip and resulting in more frequent and stronger quakes ?

I've been closely watching the weather event on the news for the last couple of weeks, and the Pacific Pineapple Express (as the meteorologists have dubbed it) has been focused on the San Andreas fault at Los Angeles the whole time. Your theory could have some scientific merit to it, and not be far so fetched at all.

If the BIG ONE hits California this year, we'll have to put you up for a Nobel Prize in Science, won't we ?! I think those prizes include a $25 thousand dollar check, don't they ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,303.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Interesting question Handmaid. Some of that rainwater has to be soaking into the earth and going somewhere, doesn't it ???

Remember the story a while back about all the waste water being pumped into the ground in Oklahoma by the oil industry causing fault lines to slip and resulting in more frequent and stronger quakes ?

If the BIG ONE hits California this year, we'll have to put you up for a Nobel Prize in Science, won't we ?! I think those prizes include a $25 thousand dollar check, don't they ?
Well yeah! I guess you could call it natural fracking. I like your idea brother of nominating me for the Nobel Prize. LOL^_^. I sure could use the money. :) .

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
BREAKING NEWS

Iraqi war planes crossed over into Syria and bombed two ISIS targets earlier today without notifying either Assad, or Putin (AP Press Amman Jordan). A couple of weeks ago the Israelis also fired rockets at a Syrian airfield near Damascus in a separate attack.

Russia has not yet responded to either of these military incursions into Syrian territory, but I imagine Assad and Putin must be hopping mad right about now. The situation could escalate rapidly if such an incident where to occur again anytime soon, or become sustained.

Can't say I'm surprised though, because historically there were several cross border military actions in 1939 which ignored the sovereignty of other countries, and later resulted in formal declarations of war in 1940 the following year.

Would Putin use such provocations against Syria politically as an excuse to intensify his aggression against the Ukraine, or the Baltic States in the future ? Could be.

Handmaid, why don't you nominate me for a Nobel Prize for predicting the Third World War if it happens. That's $50 grand !

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Wait a minute. I was giving it some thought, and it occurs to me if we're right.. We won't live long enough to spend the money. The San Andreas earthquake is no big deal, cause nether of us lives in Los Angeles.. but World War Three ???

Tell you what.. Let's just go with your prediction and they can keep my $25 grand !

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
THERE WILL BE SIGNS IN THE HEAVENS AND IN THE EARTH.

NASA made some interesting announcements this week. On Wednesday they released satellite pictures of a giant iceberg breaking off the Western Ice Shelf of Antarctica. Scientists fear encroaching sea water under the ice will now undermine the Western Ice Shelf, and progressively bigger ice bergs will break off in a "domino" effect. The whole Western Ice Shelf could be about to collapse into the ocean.

If a large portion of the Western Antarctic Ice Shelf were to collapse into the ocean, the sea level would rise by over two feet globally. That would be catastrophic on an apocalyptic scale.

For instance on the Eastern seaboard of America and the Gulf of Mexico, New York City, Manhattan Island, Norfolk, Savannah, Miami, The Florida Keys, Tampa, Panama City, Pensacola, Mobile, New Orleans, Houston and Galveston would all be flooded with water simultaneously.

The effect would be the same everywhere globally. Major costal cities around the world would be inundated. Island nations in Asia and the Pacific would be even more severely impacted. Smaller Islands would disappear below the seas entirely.

"As it was in the days of Noah, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be".

NASA also announced on Friday a total solar eclipse will cross the Continental United States on August 21, 2017 (less than six months from now). The last time this occurred was 40 years ago, which according to theologians is one of the time frames associated with a biblical "generation".

"Learn the Parable of the Fig Tree. This generation shall not pass away, until all these things shall be fulfilled".

Is America and the rest of the world about to receive our final celestial and earthly warnings from God in 2017, just before the End of the World comes in 2018 ?

Wow ! I should be writing scripts for Wayholka's Prophecy Update Videos, huh ? Wayholka, tell em I'm available for $25 grand for a two year contract, but I'll need that paid in advance right away !

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Lithoshere, which includes the Earth's crust and upper mantel is believed to extend to a depth of 200 km below the Earth's surface.

The San Andreas Fault is about 100 km below the surface of the Earth. That equals about 60 miles. So the San Andreas is a relatively shallow fault. A massive 9.8 earthquake at 60 miles depth would be catastrophic.

It is also referred to as a "Slip Fault" which means the two plates are moving against each other in opposite directions. See post#530 for the increasing frequency prediction for Slip Faults.

Your natural "fracking" theory caused by historic, torrential rain, resulting in a major quake in Southern California is sounding more plausible by the minute Handmaid.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.