Zeena

..called to BE a Saint
Jul 30, 2004
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was woken suddenly by the loud footsteps of my husband the other night. I just started balling! :cry:

I remember I was watching the Lord being scourged and I remember having the notion that it was to pay my ransom to the devil. :bow:

But it's like I was still dreaming even though i was awake then [lack of sleep?] and I remember Him being put on the cross while I was balling, before getting out of bed.

Firewater

Regular Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2009
✟24,698.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I struggle to watch the aweful whipping scene in the Passion of the Christ, so I can imagine how impacting this must have been to see it in a dream.

Sometimes when we see something this powerful it can shake & expose some of our thinking & perspective on things. I would encourage you to have a think about your statement "having the notion that it was to pay my ransom to the devil" in the light of some scriptures & questions. This statement is an important one as impies who is the authority in terms of power & justice.

A person who needs to be randsomed has lost their freedom. They are slaves to someone or something. Who or what were we enslaved to? (Rom 6:6-7)

A judge sees that sin is punished & administers justice. Who is the judge of the earth? Who administers justice? (Gen 18:25; Ps 9:7-8 )

Jesus came to fulfil the law (Matt 5:17). Ex 30:12 is part of the law. Who was the ransom paid to?

Thoughts?

God bless

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I was woken suddenly by the loud footsteps of my husband the other night. I just started balling!
cry.gif

This part of the dream hit me -- like a parallel to The Bridegroom returning, on His way. Did you sense that too?

Upvote 0

Zeena

..called to BE a Saint
Jul 30, 2004
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This part of the dream hit me -- like a parallel to The Bridegroom returning, on His way. Did you sense that too?
NO I DIDN'T!!!

That is SOO kewl!!! :clap:

(Affords me opportunity to repent of my hardened heart towards my husband too. :angel:
When you mentioned that, I just KNEW i didn't sense it for that reason-praise God!)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GaryP

Apr 28, 2009
✟8,966.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Private
I thought the Father in Heaven Slayed His Son via the Centurion's spear blade, thus
making Genesis 22 come to fulfillment. Is the passover lamb whipped to draw blood and then smothered? The passover lamb is slain by blade drawing blood from the arteries.
Death is instant. So christ was whipped and then asphyxiated by crucifixion.
On the cross Jesus said it was finished. Why would you see it again in some dream
or vision? You sure it was Jesus? Maybe you saw a image that you think was Jesus?

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Gen 22
(God) said "Take now son only whom love, Isaac go land Moriah, ascend there offering/stairway one mountain which tell ...

This is the only Genesis evidence that God told Abraham to sacrifice. It does not specify that God wanted Isaac sacrificed -- Abraham made that assumption. His contemporaries were sacrificing children to other gods. Scripturally, that is appalling to God. In Abraham's story, God provided a replacement to prevent that from happening.

Ministers continually use this as an example of extreme devotion to God, but the original text did not say that God was asking for this extreme devotion.

They also use it to illustrate continuity and parallels between the old covenant and new -- and this is worth considering. God provided us a scapegoat.

It was not the death that was a parallel, because it did not happen in Isaac's case. Instead, Isaac was redeemed. It was the willingness of the father to give up his son... but neither story showed a father killing their son.

Mercy. Compassion was the good news.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hadasseh

Seeker of Light
Dec 29, 2009
✟8,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I love this story of Abraham and Isaac. This account took on a whole new meaning after I had children. I then saw it as God the Father giving His only Son -- AND the Son giving His life in obedience to the Father because they both loved us so much. What a story of love . . . His story.

Reactions: Zeena
Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
An interesting excerpt from Acts 5 --

27Having brought the apostles, they made them appear before the Sanhedrin to be questioned by the high priest. "We gave you strict orders not to teach in this name," he said. "Yet you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and are determined to make us guilty of this man's blood."

Peter and the other apostles replied: "We must obey God rather than men!

The God of our fathers raised Jesus from the dead--whom you had killed by hanging him on a tree.

God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might give repentance and forgiveness of sins to Israel. We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

The emphasis is God bringing Jesus favor and authority after men defamed and injured Him.

Jesus being scourged is a reminder of what man can do in hate and fear, but God is more than able to turn all things for the good of those who love Him.

Contrast that with John 1:29The next day John the Baptist saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

Foreknowledge vs. predetermining?

Upvote 0

Zeena

..called to BE a Saint
Jul 30, 2004
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
An interesting excerpt from Acts 5 --

27Having brought the apostles, they made them appear before the Sanhedrin to be questioned by the high priest. "We gave you strict orders not to teach in this name," he said. "Yet you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and are determined to make us guilty of this man's blood."

Peter and the other apostles replied: "We must obey God rather than men!

The God of our fathers raised Jesus from the dead--whom you had killed by hanging him on a tree.

God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might give repentance and forgiveness of sins to Israel. We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

The emphasis is God bringing Jesus favor and authority after men defamed and injured Him.

Jesus being scourged is a reminder of what man can do in hate and fear, but God is more than able to turn all things for the good of those who love Him.

Contrast that with John 1:29The next day John the Baptist saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

Foreknowledge vs. predetermining?
Determinate counsel ;)

God bless you! :kiss:

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,358,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This scripture came to mind, Matt. 25:40: "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'"

Basically, we are now Christ's body. I believe the Lord is showing you the persecution of the church during the tribulation. This goes along with what Heron said about the husband's foot steps perhaps symbolizing Christ's return. Prior to his return will be the tribulation where the body of Christ will be scourged, persecuted, killed, etc.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,358,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was woken suddenly by the loud footsteps of my husband the other night. I just started balling! :cry:

I received this from a friend in an e-mail so I don't have a link to provide to it. The author's initials are MB. He titled this "A New War Is Coming." When I read his dream, I immediately thought of this part of what you wrote about the loud footsteps of your husband. Certainly one possibility is that your husband represents Jesus. The Lord often uses relationships in dreams to illustrate relationships between people or groups of people. My "husband" has often portrayed the US president and/or the government as the institutional church is in a covenant relationship with the US government. Anyway, I don't know if this applies, only that it made me think of what you shared here.

MB: "Some time during the night I began to dream. I dreamt I was hearing what were at first faint hoof beats, but the closer they got the louder they grew until it was a thundering roar of not one or two horses but what seemed like hundreds. I felt as though the ground beneath me was shaking from the onrushing horses, and the sound of them became so loud that I suddenly awoke in my bed. As I blinked a few times, adjusting to the darkness in my room, I noticed a shadow at the foot of my bed. I blinked again and there stood the same man I have seen on previous occasions, dressed in battle armor, his hands resting atop each other before him on the hilt of his sword.

“What is the meaning of what I just dreamt?” I asked, some how knowing he had come to give me the interpretation.

“What you heard,” he began, “were the chariots of war and they are swiftly approaching. A new war is coming but it will be unlike this present one. Speak as you have spoken, pray as you have prayed, and walk as you have walked for dark days will soon come upon the land to which you are returning. Even now their enemies plot. Even now their enemies unite under one banner, and soon they will make their intentions known to the world. There is no refuge but in the Father, and He will guide and protect those who know His voice.”

Reactions: Zeena
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hadasseh

Seeker of Light
Dec 29, 2009
✟8,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This confirms many of the dreams/interpretations I'm having. Difficult times ahead, keep eyes on God and be focused as never before -- He will protect His own. There will be great things accomplished for God in the midst of great difficulty and trial.

Upvote 0

arj1981

Dec 17, 2003
✟1,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I remember I was watching the Lord being scourged and I remember having the notion that it was to pay my ransom to the devil. :bow:

But it's like I was still dreaming even though i was awake then [lack of sleep?] and I remember Him being put on the cross while I was balling, before getting out of bed.

wow.

Upvote 0