timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,188.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I had this weird dream. I was in my room in that dream with a companion. She guided me through this "door". A rather small, rectangular opening floating in midair.

You won't be able to get through the door standing, You either have to get through it head first or feet first or crawling. We got across and found ourselves back in our room but this time, it's different. It felt weird. When I opened the door of my room, it led to another place I'm familiar with but far away, like 100 miles away from my actual room and it was night in that place and peaceful and quiet. Quite pleasant to say the least.

It did some exploring with my companion and then felt like going back and got back to my room. The small door is now semi-invisible. There's some sort of an outline around it to let us know it's still there. Otherwise, it's completely transparent/invisible. We attempted to get across this door to get back.

As I got closer to this door, I started to see some shimmering at the door and no longer completely invisible. Then the shimmering started looking like the familiar objects in my room. Finally, we got across the door and immediately, I woke up from the dream.

It was a very short dream. Only 30 minutes had passed. Quite interesting nonetheless.

It wasn't the first time I had a dream like this. The firs time I was also with a companion, an old man who was telling me the world I think is real isn't real. He knocked me awake and then I got up fully awake, went around my room, took a sip of water, went to the bathroom and back to my room and went back to sleep and found the old man again in my dream continuing our conversation about reality and what's not.

Danny&Annie&theChristmas

Nov 11, 2023
Houston
✟2,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had this weird dream. I was in my room in that dream with a companion. She guided me through this "door". A rather small, rectangular opening floating in midair.

You won't be able to get through the door standing, You either have to get through it head first or feet first or crawling. We got across and found ourselves back in our room but this time, it's different. It felt weird. When I opened the door of my room, it led to another place I'm familiar with but far away, like 100 miles away from my actual room and it was night in that place and peaceful and quiet. Quite pleasant to say the least.

It did some exploring with my companion and then felt like going back and got back to my room. The small door is now semi-invisible. There's some sort of an outline around it to let us know it's still there. Otherwise, it's completely transparent/invisible. We attempted to get across this door to get back.

As I got closer to this door, I started to see some shimmering at the door and no longer completely invisible. Then the shimmering started looking like the familiar objects in my room. Finally, we got across the door and immediately, I woke up from the dream.

It was a very short dream. Only 30 minutes had passed. Quite interesting nonetheless.

It wasn't the first time I had a dream like this. The firs time I was also with a companion, an old man who was telling me the world I think is real isn't real. He knocked me awake and then I got up fully awake, went around my room, took a sip of water, went to the bathroom and back to my room and went back to sleep and found the old man again in my dream continuing our conversation about reality and what's not.
Yikes.
I've had some very spiritual dreams myself.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I am fascinated that you know how long your dream lasted ! Thanks for sharing your dream. Blessings.

• Haha
Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

your deam ( as all things do ) speeks to the process of our souls journey of a there and back ...

Adam needed a helpmeet so God opened a door with a rib and revealed the woman, not another person but the duality in Adam ... his mind will and intellect cast down into this worldly realm ... and this speeks to the distance as a perception of seperation which comes between us and our Father ... a strong delusion

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,188.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I am fascinated that you know how long your dream lasted ! Thanks for sharing your dream. Blessings.

I have the wall clock facing me when I sleep and I always wake up after a dream so I can see the time.^_^

Ironically, some of my dreams feel a lot longer than the actual passage of time. I had dreams that felt like hours when only 30 minutes have passed in reality and surprised to find when I woke up, the hour hand of clock had barely moved!

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,188.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
your deam ( as all things do ) speeks to the process of our souls journey of a there and back ...

Adam needed a helpmeet so God opened a door with a rib and revealed the woman, not another person but the duality in Adam ... his mind will and intellect cast down into this worldly realm ... and this speeks to the distance as a perception of seperation which comes between us and our Father ... a strong delusion

That is most enlightening. My female companion in that dream is a little bit annoying. She's a little too upbeat like those girls in fairytale movies like nothing catastrophic can ever happen.

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟23,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I have had weird dreams that continue from where they left off, several times after I have awoken.
I think the demons like getting in the human mind a lot.
Satan thought he could mess with Jesus mind. Matthew 4:5, 6
So who are we.

Upvote 0

Derf

Aug 8, 2021
Colorado Springs
✟99,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That is most enlightening. My female companion in that dream is a little bit annoying. She's a little too upbeat like those girls in fairytale movies like nothing catastrophic can ever happen.
Be careful. Sounds like a spirit guide, aka demon posing as a guiding companion.

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟23,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Be careful. Sounds like a spirit guide, aka demon posing as a guiding companion.
Sounds like?

I use one rule in the Bible for everything. It's the foundation on which I build everything.
2 Timothy 3:16, 17 and 1 Corinthians 4:7
All Scripture is God-breathed and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the person of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. Therefore learn not to go beyond what is written, so that no one of you will become puffed up on behalf of one against the other.

Once I stick to that rule, I'm good. I know I can't go wrong.
Suppose for example, I get this idea in my head, saying, "Maybe God is telling me something by this dream.', I ask myself "What do the scriptures say about dreams?"

Many people in the past had dreams from God. God even used dreams to convey messages to his prophets, but Hebrews 1:1 says:
On many past occasions and in many different ways, God spoke to our fathers through the prophets.
But in these last days He has spoken to us by His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, and through whom He made the universe.

Knowing this, and having knowledge that the demons use dreams, I think sticking to the Bible for guidance, is the wise course to take.
Of the scriptures, It says, that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work.
That's all we need. Along with God's holy spirit of course.

The thinking I have heard today, even from those professing Christianity, is: You can't get everything from a book. Especially one based on 2,000 year old thinking.
That sounds like spirits guidance to me, but not the spirits we want in our life.
1 Timothy 4:1
But the Spirit expressly states that in later times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,188.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Sounds like?

I use one rule in the Bible for everything. It's the foundation on which I build everything.
2 Timothy 3:16, 17 and 1 Corinthians 4:7
All Scripture is God-breathed and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the person of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. Therefore learn not to go beyond what is written, so that no one of you will become puffed up on behalf of one against the other.

Once I stick to that rule, I'm good. I know I can't go wrong.
Suppose for example, I get this idea in my head, saying, "Maybe God is telling me something by this dream.', I ask myself "What do the scriptures say about dreams?"

Many people in the past had dreams from God. God even used dreams to convey messages to his prophets, but Hebrews 1:1 says:

Knowing this, and having knowledge that the demons use dreams, I think sticking to the Bible for guidance, is the wise course to take.
Of the scriptures, It says, that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work.
That's all we need. Along with God's holy spirit of course.

The thinking I have heard today, even from those professing Christianity, is: You can't get everything from a book. Especially one based on 2,000 year old thinking.
That sounds like spirits guidance to me, but not the spirits we want in our life.
1 Timothy 4:1

The dream could have been just to comfort me and not really to deliver a message nor for teaching.

Sometimes, my dreams are like "Neo Noir" films but taking place in the remote corners of our galaxy. Quite entertaining to say the least.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,188.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
They rarely start out acting demonic or nobody would be interested.

Demons are a tough one to crack.

They have no problems calling out the name of Jesus and making themselves appear like a good Christian.

I've encountered demons in some of my dreams who look like normal people like your co-workers at your job or the familiar faces at church wearing decent clothes like ones you can wear at work or the church without attracting unwanted attention. They come at you smiling, warm like they want to hug you, and they come to you saying "we come in the name of Jesus".

But I have the gift of discernment and I told them they're lying and they fled my presence in terror.

Things are a bit more complicated than you have been led to believe. The agenda of demons 1. Make you believe they're not real 2. Getting rid or avoiding them is simple (they can fake defeat to make you believe your flawed method actually works) 3. Makes you think when lots of people believe in something, it must be truth (not just spiritual things) 4. Makes you think you can never be wrong in your chosen religion or dogma/doctrine (that's why Christianity is in a huge mess today).

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟23,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The dream could have been just to comfort me and not really to deliver a message nor for teaching.
I can understand why some people think that God would use a dream to communicate with them, but how can you be sure it was a dream from God?

Sometimes, my dreams are like "Neo Noir" films but taking place in the remote corners of our galaxy. Quite entertaining to say the least.
Hmm. Do you watch "Neo Noir" films?
When I watched particular films, my dreams certainly weren't about preaching the Gospel, but since that has become my life, my dreams are very much about preaching the good news.
That's revealing, isn't it?

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,188.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I can understand why some people think that God would use a dream to communicate with them, but how can you be sure it was a dream from God?

Hmm. Do you watch "Neo Noir" films?
When I watched particular films, my dreams certainly weren't about preaching the Gospel, but since that has become my life, my dreams are very much about preaching the good news.
That's revealing, isn't it?

Does your dreams make you quite rested, refreshed, and great the next time you wake up and not stirred to do something or believe in something that would not please the Lord?

If your answer is Yes, my answer is the same. It only proves the Holy Spirit is working for us as comforter at the very least.

I watch church sermons everyday on youtube. I love listening to sermons even when I'm working. I sometimes prefer listening to sermons than to music.

But my dreams doesn't seem to work that way for me. I seem have more variety in my dreams. Some of them seem connected with past experiences that are pleasant so the dreams are actually quite nice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟23,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Does your dreams make you quite rested, refreshed, and great the next time you wake up and not stirred to do something or believe in something that would not please the Lord?
I'm refreshed by the word, and ministry, and this makes my sleep and dreams pleasant, and I awaken in peace, ready for the day ahead, because my mind is so immersed in doing the will of God, and as Paul said "Work at telling others the Good News, and fully carry out the ministry God has given you" 2 Timothy 4:5. At least when I am not overly anxious about something. ;)

If your answer is Yes, my answer is the same. It only proves the Holy Spirit is working for us as comforter at the very least.
God's spirit and his holy angels are there for his people, of course.

I watch church sermons everyday on youtube. I love listening to sermons even when I'm working. I sometimes prefer listening to sermons than to music.
So good to hear that you love spiritual things, and strive to feed spiritually everyday.
King David sang, Oh, how I love Your law! It is my meditation all the day. Psalms 119:97
You seem like a man that applies Psalms 1:1. 2 :thumbsup:

But my dreams doesn't seem to work that way for me. I seem have more variety in my dreams. Some of them seem connected with past experiences that are pleasant so the dreams are actually quite nice.
That's good to hear.
Sounds like youe life has been mostly stress free.
Sadly, that is not the case for many. We live in a sick world.
Like you said though, we are grateful for God's loving support, through the holy spirit.
What would we do without it. We'd be lost, like the world of mankind alien to God. :)

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,188.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
That's good to hear.
Sounds like youe life has been mostly stress free.
Sadly, that is not the case for many. We live in a sick world.
Like you said though, we are grateful for God's loving support, through the holy spirit.
What would we do without it. We'd be lost, like the world of mankind alien to God. :)

Unfortunately, I've been facing huge problems of financial nature and huge amounts of stress everyday and has been for many years now and probably for many more years to come.

The dreams helps me de-stress and so thankful for it and also with exercising. I just try not to worry too much about the problems or I'll lose my mind! Listening to sermons help. Keeps us focused on God and not on our problems!

• Prayers
Reactions: CoreyD
Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟23,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Unfortunately, I've been facing huge problems of financial nature and huge amounts of stress everyday and has been for many years now and probably for many more years to come.

The dreams helps me de-stress and so thankful for it and also with exercising. I just try not to worry too much about the problems or I'll lose my mind! Listening to sermons help. Keeps us focused on God and not on our problems!
Just don't give up.

• Winner
Upvote 0