Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You never hunted grouse I guess. Any justification for limiting mag sizes is just giving in to the gun grabbers. They will chew away at the regulations until all we have are flintlocks and then take those away.

You're lucky to get one shot at a grouse. My best day was two out of three birds shooting a single shot .410. The gun was so light I got on the birds much faster than I ever could with my 12 gauge 'cornshucker'.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Many states already have this in place requiring a federal license after proper training. I have a federal firearms ID myself because my state required it years ago. We can't purchase a gun without it and you don't get the ID without first passing the course. The gun is registered at the time of purchase and used guns have to change hands, if sold, through a registered dealer or individual with the license to sell. So this isn't really anything new just maybe in some states.

In this state if you take the guns away from legal owners then truly only the criminal who follows no law anyway will have them. I have a license to carry pistols, revolvers and high capacity etc. And have home protection guns bought legally. I've trained at the same range with police officers practicing there. We have two ranges here locally where legal gun owners can go and officers. One is the police range you can join by invitation, the other a private club. So to me what I see coming from the feds, mostly ( not all) democrats every time they get in office is totally redundant.

By the way high capacity in rifles here at ranges is one thing, pistols to carry quite another. Carry pistols are restricted to 10 rounds and concealed only. Hunting to 5 in shotguns. Pump guns for birds to 3. If you don't hit a bird in the first shot or certainly 2 you need more range time with clay pigeons lol ! You don't have efficient time for more rounds than that and you're just spraying lead. You need to lead the aim on a bird quickly or it's out of range and every shot after will be trailing. High capacity rifles that get everyone all stirred up can only be used at a range here. Amen over and out.

Thanks for the firearms course. Bye!

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You never hunted grouse I guess. Any justification for limiting mag sizes is just giving in to the gun grabbers. They will chew away at the regulations until all we have are flintlocks and then take those away.
Or you never hunted with the thickets and forest here at the edge of the fields. You're lucky to get the one decent shot off, after that it's wishful thinking and wasting ammo.

No, federal gun control would be redundant here in this state. Been here for years already.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

No, the justification for limiting magazine capacity is based on sound conservation, as is shot size and material. It's critically important to regulate hunting in order to maintain the long-term viability of any species.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You're lucky to get one shot at a grouse. My best day was two out of three birds shooting a single shot .410. The gun was so light I got on the birds much faster than I ever could with my 12 gauge 'cornshucker'.
I liked a 20 gauge. It had a plug in it restricting to 3 shots, I never took more than two on any bird anyway. Usually the first got it and if it didn't the second was a waste. Grouse are fast and into thick stuff before you can get a reasonable second shot. You're lucky to get on the bird for the first unless you're a lot faster than me which could well be the case. I don't like blast and hope for the best.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, the justification for limiting magazine capacity is based on sound conservation, as is shot size and material. It's critically important to regulate hunting in order to maintain the long-term viability of any species.
That's got nothing to do with limited mag sizes, overall. Hunting regulations and federal regulations are two different things.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I liked a 20 gauge. It had a plug in it restricting to 3 shots, I never took more than two on any bird anyway. Usually the first got it and if it didn't the second was a waste. Grouse are fast and into thick stuff before you can get a reasonable second shot. You're lucky to get on the bird for the first unless you're a lot faster than me which could well be the case. I don't like blast and hope for the best.
I suck at wing shooting either way.
But let's not get sidetracked on hunting regulations.
No need to regulate how many I can have in my self defense pump 12 guage.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I can hit clays, I just can't hit birds. I even miss those huge, overfed, slow flying Wisconsin pheasants. :(

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It's well worth watching some Paul Harris home defense videos. Also his personal self defense videos. He;s dry but with dry humor too but trains in this stuff. You tube for free but he has or had a school for it out west someplace. X marine instructor in fire arms, defense etc...

People have some funny concepts about shotguns shot at a typical in house range of 12-20 ft. I'll leave it at that.

Upvote 0