✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Not aware of any state with the restrictions in post #15
Well then you do now, I'm in Ma. Soon as you move from hunting guns to hand guns and or what they consider high capacity you're not buying a gun without that LTC. And you're not getting the LTC till you show a certification that you took a class ( for new applications not renewals). In fact to buy hunting guns having never owned one before you need to take an authorized hunter safety course for that category. So you want to become a handgun owner here you first get certified through a fed licensed trainer ( that's not free incidentally). Set up an appointment at the police station, go to that, get finger printed etc. That all goes off to the feds and eventually you get your federal LTC license/identification. It's been that way for years here, it's not a new thing. I didn't expect the delay on a renewal though. I waited 3 months and someone I know waited 5 ( she went for her renewal 2 weeks before I did and got her LTC in hand 2 months after I did). My pastor friend said his took 6 months.

Our guns are registered with the feds at the time of purchase here ( any gun). It's illegal to sell a gun from individual to individual here without a middle man with the credentials to transfer the gun registration. People do it but it's not a legal transfer.

You can look up the laws for yourself here if you don't believe any of this but I live here with it.

Upvote 0

ss51

Sep 12, 2015
✟66,927.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not really, any "debate" on the 5.56 cartridge and its lethality is an appeal to emotion and not reason.
Military cartridges are fmj as opposed to the old days of lead cartridges moving at relatively slow speeds that would shatter bone. Before that the 69 and 77 caliber smooth bore muskets were capable of removing the limb of a victim.
The 5.56 fmj , the 7.62 x 39, also fmj are both medium cartridges as opposed to 8mm, 303 British, 30-06, etc used in ww2 which were main battle cartridges, capable to 1,000 yards and beyond.
The left and their father the devil would have all citizens disarmed to allow the antichrist to take over.

Upvote 0

ss51

Sep 12, 2015
✟66,927.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
165376588_10225045653837955_3630825470928227030_n.jpg

Perspective. The cartridge on the left is a 5.56 / .223 Remington, most commonly used in the “evil” AR-15. The middle cartridge is used mostly for hunting. Then there’s the “cartridge” on the right - responsible for the most deaths, every year, by far. If gun control was about saving lives, this one would also be banned. Wake up folks. Gun control is not about safety.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟936,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Wake up folks. Gun control is not about safety.

There is a huge difference between doing something that harms your own health and doing something that harms others. It's not just about numbers.

• Winner
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

ss51

Sep 12, 2015
✟66,927.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"There is a huge difference between doing something that harms your own health and doing something that harms others. It's not just about numbers."

Neither of the two on the left harm anyone, they are inanimate.
The shooting sports are actually the safest of all sports.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟936,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
"There is a huge difference between doing something that harms your own health and doing something that harms others. It's not just about numbers."

I agree shooting sports harm no one. But, it can't be said the two on the left harm no one. That simply is not true and one only has to look to our mass shootings to see that. Choosing to risk your own life by smoking tobacco cannot be equated with using on the two on the left to bring harm to innocents.

• Winner
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ss51

Sep 12, 2015
✟66,927.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
an•thro•po•mor•phize ăn″thrə-pə-môr′fīz″

• intransitive verb
    To ascribe human characteristics to.
  • intransitive verb
    To ascribe human characteristics to things not human.

• To invest with human qualities.
More at Wordnik from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th

• Haha
Reactions: Justin-H.S.
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

The bullets can be dangerous when fired; the cigarette can be dangerous when lit.

The statement that the shooting sports are actually the safest of all sports is totally false. Really? Where is the proof? Safer than croquet, ping pong, tennis, et al?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The bullets can be dangerous when fired; the cigarette can be dangerous when lit.

The statement that the shooting sports are actually the safest of all sports is totally false. Really? Where is the proof? Safer than croquet, ping pong, tennis, et al?

Croquet and ping pong aren't sports. Many injuries involving tennis. I fell once and badly sprained both wrists, took years to fully heal. Once I was playing with a friend when he suddenly collapsed on the court, his had ruptured his achilles tendon. He thought that I had thrown my racket at him and hit him in the leg. He was in a cast for months. Just off the top of my head I agree that shooting sport are indeed very safe compared to all other genuine sports.

• Winner
Reactions: ss51
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Guns are dangerous, period. They should never be used in a careless manner, and should never be used by people (including children) without proper instruction. Their ownership and use must be controlled, just as the first clause of the 2nd Amendment says.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Guns are dangerous, period. They should never be used in a careless manner, and should never be used by people (including children) without proper instruction. Their ownership and use must be controlled, just as the first clause of the 2nd Amendment says.
Many states already have this in place requiring a federal license after proper training. I have a federal firearms ID myself because my state required it years ago. We can't purchase a gun without it and you don't get the ID without first passing the course. The gun is registered at the time of purchase and used guns have to change hands, if sold, through a registered dealer or individual with the license to sell. So this isn't really anything new just maybe in some states.

In this state if you take the guns away from legal owners then truly only the criminal who follows no law anyway will have them. I have a license to carry pistols, revolvers and high capacity etc. And have home protection guns bought legally. I've trained at the same range with police officers practicing there. We have two ranges here locally where legal gun owners can go and officers. One is the police range you can join by invitation, the other a private club. So to me what I see coming from the feds, mostly ( not all) democrats every time they get in office is totally redundant.

By the way high capacity in rifles here at ranges is one thing, pistols to carry quite another. Carry pistols are restricted to 10 rounds and concealed only. Hunting to 5 in shotguns. Pump guns for birds to 3. If you don't hit a bird in the first shot or certainly 2 you need more range time with clay pigeons lol ! You don't have efficient time for more rounds than that and you're just spraying lead. You need to lead the aim on a bird quickly or it's out of range and every shot after will be trailing. High capacity rifles that get everyone all stirred up can only be used at a range here. Amen over and out.

Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

The first clause refers to the leadership and training of the militia personnel, not their weapons.

• Agree
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you don't hit a bird in the first shot or certainly 2 you need more range time with clay pigeons lol !
You never hunted grouse I guess. Any justification for limiting mag sizes is just giving in to the gun grabbers. They will chew away at the regulations until all we have are flintlocks and then take those away.

• Agree
Upvote 0