Does willful sin separate the elect from God?

Does willful sin separate those once saved from God.

• No, obedience is "works" and we are not saved by works.

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Yes, willful sin must be repented from in order to stay saved.

Votes: 20 66.7%

• Total voters

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟83,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do you know these scriptures are not referring to you or anyone else here? What does God's WORD teach on how to know if someone is from God or not from God *1 JOHN 2:3-4?

I claim before you and all that I am a sinner and only forgiven by Jesus, only righteous by Jesus.

I claim that God was manifested in Flesh, the fullness of the Trinity, and by His Work, Alone, am I Saved.

Do you claim the same?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It seems believers, though I know those who have walked away and said they came back, and it seems God allowed them to repent. I can't speak of it first hand though, nor would I dare put God to the test!
Well said. That is why as believers we are given warnings to believe and follow God's WORD and not to return to a life of sin and this is where these scriptures make sense...

1 JOHN 2:1-4
[1], My little children, these things write I to you, that you sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
[2], And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
[3], And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
[4], He that said, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

God bless

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Question for those who exalt that they don’t sin, on this thread.

Why did God die?

Daniel 9:24

To finish the transgression,
To make an end of sins,
To make reconciliation for iniquity,
To bring in everlasting righteousness,

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟83,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

To make an end of sins,

That Armor Of God is looking mighty fine! :)

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I claim before you and all that I am a sinner and only forgiven by Jesus, only righteous by Jesus.

I claim that God was manifested in Flesh, the fullness of the Trinity, and by His Work, Alone, am I Saved.

Do you claim the same?

No one knows God while continuing in know unrepentant sin *1 JOHN 2:3-4; 1 JOHN 3:6. If you are living a life of known unrepentant sin brother, hear the Words of God and believe them. Turn away from your sins, confess your sins to JESUS and BELIEVE God's WORD and you will have God's FORGIVENESS and RIGHTOUSNESS and be free to walk in God's SPIRIT *ACTS 2:38; 1 JOHN 1:9; 1 JOHN 2:1-4; GALATIANS 5:16. JESUS came to save us from sin not to continue in them *JOHN 8:31-36. Anyone telling you otherwise is teaching a false gospel.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Well said. That is why as believers we are given warnings to believe and follow God's WORD and not to return to a life of sin and this is where these scriptures make sense...

1 JOHN 2:1-4
[1], My little children, these things write I to you, that you sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
[2], And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
[3], And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
[4], He that said, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

God bless

1 John 3:18-23

My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth. 19 And by this we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him. 20 For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things. 21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. 22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Plain speech is important, because some aren’t saying what you’re saying.

They repeat what false teachers say of us, rather than what Jesus says of us.

• Winner
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟83,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They repeat what false teachers say of us, rather than what Jesus says of us.

Before them we Armor up. Before one another, we confess our sins, one to another. :)

We express Truth (Jesus), Sola Fide, Christ Alone, Grace Alone... to know the spirit to which we speak. ;)

All Love in Jesus Christ to you!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So you’re calling fleshly Righteousness... “True Righteousness”?
Nope, I'm calling Godly righteousness, "the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith" (Phil 3), true righteousness. Such righteousness is done strictly by the Spirit.

• Winner
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟83,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nope, I'm calling Godly righteousness, "the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith" (Phil 3), true righteousness.

So you’re speaking “in your armor”! :D

Tricky tricky! :p

• Friendly
Reactions: fhansen
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

To make an end of sins,

What do you think these scriptures mean that you have quoted above from DANIEL 9:24? Does JESUS save us from sin or are we saved to continue to sin *JOHN 8:31-36?

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟83,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No one knows God while continuing in know unrepentant sin *1 JOHN 2:3-4; 1 JOHN 3:6. If you are living a life of known unrepentant sin brother, hear the Words of God and believe them. Turn away from your sins, confess your sins to JESUS and BELIEVE God's WORD and you will have God's FORGIVENESS and RIGHTOUSNESS and be free to walk in God's SPIRIT *ACTS 2:38; 1 JOHN 1:9; 1 JOHN 2:1-4; GALATIANS 5:16. JESUS came to save us from sin not to continue in them *JOHN 8:31-36. Anyone telling you otherwise is teaching a false gospel.

Hope this helps.

That was a binary question.

It helped. But not in a positive way. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟83,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you think these scriptures mean that you have quoted above from DANIEL 9:24? Does JESUS save us from sin or are we saved to continue to sin *JOHN 8:31-36?

How can a dead man be tried for a crime?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Romans 7? I am curious to what you are calling “unrepentant” sin.
What is the difference between repentance and unrepentant? One has a change of mind to turn away from sin and the other does not turn away from sin but continues to sin.

PROVERBS 28:13 [13], He that covers his sins shall not prosper: but whoever confesses and forsakes them shall have mercy.

1 JOHN 1:9 [9], If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

What about ROMANS 7?

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟83,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is the difference between repentance and unrepentant? One has a change of mind to turn away from sin and the other does not turn away from sin but continues to sin.

PROVERBS 28:13 [13], He that covers his sins shall not prosper: but whoever confesses and forsakes them shall have mercy.

What about ROMANS 7?

Do you hold your flesh and the flesh of fellow Christians accountable to the 10 commandments in any form, fashion or means, even if claiming so through misinterpreted verses of Paul?

Upvote 0