Does willful sin separate the elect from God?

Does willful sin separate those once saved from God.

• No, obedience is "works" and we are not saved by works.

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Yes, willful sin must be repented from in order to stay saved.

Votes: 20 66.7%

• Total voters

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
All born again Christians have answered Jesus' command in Matt 5:48..."Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."
To do otherwise is disobedience to Jesus.
This perfection doesn't preclude growing in grace and knowledge though.
It enables it!

Is that which is born of God perfect?
I hope you aren't going to say... "No, God's seed brings forth imperfection".
That would be ludicrous.

So what is the point of talking about something that doesn't really matter?

OH NO!
Another category of sin.
Now we have sins, trespasses, and faults!
How do you keep track of all that?

"...God is light, and in Him is no darkness at all." (1 John 1:5)
We already know that darkness is sin..."The way of the wicked is as darkness:..." (Pro 4:19)
Are trespasses and faults light/God or darkness/sin?
There is no grey area.

So do you see yourself as perfect in character and attitude, humble in all your ways, forgiving and loving and never hurting anyone's feelings? Let's hope it is real, then and not self-righteousness.

"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.

It is an attainable goal. But it doesn't come without trials, big ones that test your character. I don't know your life and maybe you've gone through trials. I know I have. I've been a victim of rape by a serial rapist in Illinois, and my doctor husband left me for the younger wife of his best friend, leaving me middle aged with no support. I forgave them all, and immediately. And I'm still not perfect. This morning God told me to go back to a church and forgive them. That's a long story. There never seems to be a shortage of someone to forgive.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So do you see yourself as perfect in character and attitude, humble in all your ways, forgiving and loving and never hurting anyone's feelings? Let's hope it is real, then and not self-righteousness.
It is written..."For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." (2 Cor 5:21)
I am in Him.

"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."
12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.
Had you continued down to Phil 3:21, you would have seen what Paul "had yet to obtain"...his glorified body.

It is an attainable goal. But it doesn't come without trials, big ones that test your character. I don't know your life and maybe you've gone through trials. I know I have. I've been a victim of rape by a serial rapist in Illinois, and my doctor husband left me for the younger wife of his best friend, leaving me middle aged with no support. I forgave them all, and immediately. And I'm still not perfect. This morning God told me to go back to a church and forgive them. That's a long story. There never seems to be a shortage of someone to forgive.
In one sentence you say you forgave "them', and the next sentence you say God told you to go to church and forgive them.
Which is the truth?

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
It is written..."For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." (2 Cor 5:21)
I am in Him.

Had you continued down to Phil 3:21, you would have seen what Paul "had yet to obtain"...his glorified body.

In one sentence you say you forgave "them', and the next sentence you say God told you to go to church and forgive them.
Which is the truth?

I've forgiven everyone I knew of in the past. God showed me a new one.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Why would you need to go some place to do it?

I wouldn't if it was up to me. I'll obey God, whatever He says. It doesn't have to make sense to you or even me. All I know so far is that I need to forgive that church for being only a social club. Maybe it has gone through a spiritual awakening. I expect to know before Sunday if I need to start going there again, or just from my heart, but at a distance.

Have you found a like-minded church where you are? I hope so. It is frustrating and infuriating hearing the same old doctrines of demons that have infiltrated the Church from the time of ML. I know you know what I'm talking about. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0