Does the recently confirmed existence of UfO's pose a threat to Christianity?

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I disagree with this.. UFO's and aliens are contrary to the biblical narrative of a creator, a savior and revelation. Saying that it doesn't... is dangerous.

I didn't say that ^ I said most people give it no thought. I was pretty clear in my post when I said actual encounters were with demons.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seriously? Have you ever tried to share the gospel with some unbeliever that thought that UFOs were legit science confirmed?

I've never actually met a person who thought that. Maybe it's more common over on your side of the world.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
In the UFO narrative - aliens evolved - some suppose they (ufo-aliens) are concerned that mankind is going off the rails. Evolution is king in that narrative not the Bible account of origins - so the longer a given race of beings evolves the more advanced they are, in that story. According to them - in theory we could meet good beings, or bad ones or neutral ones as far as I know - there is no limit that they put in their stories in that regard.

By contrast in the Bible, God creates mankind, and He creates angels. Only sinful man and fallen angels are subject to the lost condition. Christ died on the cross for fallen man - but not for fallen angels. The Bible does not say that man evolved from apes or from bacteria. It does not present a case for other life forms evolving from bacteria into intelligent beings capable of travel from start to star.

(I suppose we could argue that God created other worlds and other intelligent beings - but given that the Bible says Lucifer-turned-Satan is using earth as home-base it is not very likely that sinless beings from other worlds come here on vacation to visit with Satan and his demon-fallen-angels, or to dangle their superior technology in front of our military jets ).
A read of CS Lewis' Space Trilogy gives a nice perspective concerning this. But as for the question of God creating other beings on other planets: If he is God, i.e. First Cause, there is no question --of course he created them, whether by evolution over many years, or whatever. It is no different than what they say about our race. I.e. it is no threat anymore than evolution is. And I don't see evolution as a threat.

Furthermore, evolution still is nothing more than unproven theory, backed up by a rickety structure of assumption, extrapolation and guesses.

First Cause, on the other hand, is simple logic. For us, cause-and-effect rules, and if there are other beings, sinless or otherwise, they too are part of what God is doing, here and everywhere else. Why shouldn't they come here as he plans? So far, we don't know what they, or he, are up to.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Even if there are extraterrestrials, who's to say they're not part of God's creation. God created a whole universe with uncountable planets. He told us what we need to know for our purposes, but He didn't tell us "the rest of the universe is lifeless rocks" did He? Wouldn't that make God more glorious if He has created billions or trillions of worlds teeming with life all across the universe? I believe the more He creates the more glory to Him.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Even if there are extraterrestrials, who's to say they're not part of God's creation. God created a whole universe with uncountable planets. He told us what we need to know for our purposes, but He didn't tell us "the rest of the universe is lifeless rocks" did He? Wouldn't that make God more glorious if He has created billions or trillions of worlds teeming with life all across the universe? I believe the more He creates the more glory to Him.
Simply because God has given us enough information as to the history of this world and what to expect in the future... Show me one place that warns of "beings from another world" that He created.... interacting with our earthly world.

I fully believe that if we were going to be visited by some of God's other creations it would be foretold...

So, the only foretelling is that during the end times it will be "as it was in the days of Noah"

During the days of Noah, there were Nephilime and Giants that were half breeds between humans and fallen angels.... Yet, people won't believe that... even though it is in their bible...BUT, they will hold tight to beings from another world that is not mentioned in the scripture..... Go figure.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Simply because God has given us enough information as to the history of this world and what to expect in the future... Show me one place that warns of "beings from another world" that He created.... interacting with our earthly world.

I fully believe that if we were going to be visited by some of God's other creations it would be foretold...

So, the only foretelling is that during the end times it will be "as it was in the days of Noah"

During the days of Noah, there were Nephilime and Giants that were half breeds between humans and fallen angels.... Yet, people won't believe that... even though it is in their bible...BUT, they will hold tight to beings from another world that is not mentioned in the scripture..... Go figure.
I'm just saying I'm not going to put limits or constraints on God's ability to create. If there are, I wouldn't feel threatened because they would be a part of God's creation.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I'm just saying I'm not going to put limits or constraints on God's ability to create. If there are, I wouldn't feel threatened because they would be a part of God's creation.
There are lots of things in "God's creation" that we should have a healthy respect for in the topic of being threatened. All of which we are warned of, in the scriptures, and can be handled with the Armor of God given in Ephesians 6:11.

I believe we should be aware of anything that is being presented, as truth, that isn't truth.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
No doubt "Something unexplained" the OP however points to a "change" and as that OP video points out with Michio Kaku - the "burden of proof has shifted" since that Sept confirmation about UFOs.

Confirmed unexplained areal phenomenon or "UFOs" has never been a secret, or denied by the US government AFAIK.

The question has never really been "Are there things people have seen which we do not yet have an explanation for?" Because, of course that's been the case--it's been the case for decades. Rather, the pressing question is "What is or are the explanation(s)?"

And, just so we're clear, the answer to that last question is not "aliens!" or "demons!" or "lizard people!".

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: Jipsah
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Let's assume that 1 or 2 years from today you are trying to share the gospel with a non-Christian. By then "today's news" should have gotten out to just about everybody... UFO's are officially acknowledged.

Let's assume that you and your friend know this but neither of you have ever met an alien and neither of you have ever seen a UFO.

I think this is the simplest most basic case. Sharing the Gospel means telling people that the Bible is the Word of God, that it can be trusted, that it is "truth", and it says the virgin birth is real, it says mankind was really created perfect and sinless in Eden with open communion with God - and then fell into sin so then God provided the Gospel. Jesus Christ died for our sin and payed our debt.

In that story there are no "aliens evolving on other planets" and the Bible account of "origins" is to be trusted and so marriage is what God Himself declares it to be when speaking to Adam and Eve in Genesis 2. Miracles like the virgin birth, bodily resurrection of Christ, bodily ascension of Christ are historic fact even though the "Bible is not a science text book".

In that scenario does the "UFOs are real" factor pose an incentive or a barrier to your friend receiving the Gospel?

I don't think I have ever brought up UFO's when sharing the gospel with an unbeliever! So I do not know what you are getting at. All I am saying is that God did not reveal one way or the oither if He created life on other planets (I personally think He didn't) But if He did- Jesus is their Lord and if they do not acknowledge HIm as such I will stand against them! That is all hypothetical responses to a what if....

Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When it dogfight-out-maneuvers our best jet fighters - zips off over the horizon "and back" in 2 or 3 second period of time - and did it 15 years ago with ability that is still a century beyond our best today... it simply means it is "very incredibly talented/gifted/advanced" but "from where" is another question.
It is acknowledged that small things can move faster than big things. However, that wouldn't necessarily conclude that it comes from some planet system beyond our own.
For all we know, some geek somewhere has figured out how to soup up a miniature flying object then when the jet-fighter gets in range, they make contact and have a little fun.

The idea of it being evidence of ETA's is still, in my view, strongly within the conspiracy theory category.

For the sake of argument, if the UFO was made by a visiting ET.. I would think that such a being wouldn't bother with having some fun dog-fighting maneuvers with our state of the art military airplanes.
But in an ambassadorial role, they'd instead be focused on contacting our government leaders for a chat.. or else be seriously attacking our jet-fighters with midget yet powerfully destructive missiles coming out of their miniature UFO's.

But maybe that's just me.

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The problem with the man-made option is that these sightings by our military are cases where the objects are in or near military air space, are "on display" for days or weeks at a time and exhibit characteristics in flight centuries beyond our own. So why would a top-secret Russian or Chinese project want to constantly "out itself" specifically in front of our military for the past 20 years?

I think good question could also be, why would highly intelligent beings from another part of the galaxy do that?

I don’t know could it be called highly intelligent, but, if the observations are real, there is some reason for what happens. If it would be Russian or Chinese project, they could be doing it to observe. I believe they could do that by satellites, without such visible show. If it would really be highly intelligent beings from another part of the galaxy, I think they also could do that without being seen. This is why observing is not probably the reason. The reason seems to be to give the show. And then, why would someone want to give such a show? What is the message? I think there would be more intelligent ways to give the message, that is why I don’t think it is from very intelligent beings.

I believe the goal with these can be to prepare people to receive false Christ as an alien being. But before it can happen, it is necessary that people are prepared to receive and believe it. That I think can be the reason for this kind of stuff.

Also, I don’t believe they exhibit characteristics in flight centuries beyond our own. Many of those observations are so unclear that they could be made to look very advanced, when person doesn’t understand the scale. Also, I am sure that for example US government can build things that have those characteristics, they just have not been revealed yet, because it is useful for the ruling elite to keep people ignorant of more advanced matters. And I don’t think it is even very advanced technology, just something common people don’t understand, because they are not familiar with aerodynamics. I actually believe the technology was developed quite a long time ago. For example, I think Viktor Schauberger knew how it is done. I think I could do the same, if I would have time and materials for it.

Viktor Schauberger - Wikipedia
https://www.google.fi/search?ei=Li3...d7aYKHeFED5YQ4dUDCAo&uact=5#spf=1574710657196

The Which then leads to the OP videos. if the non-Christian accepts the narrative as "science fact" then what is their incentive to accept Christianity and declare that UFO fact to "be of the devil" when it is supposedly accepted science observation fact?

Yeah, person who does not accept Christian world view, probably sees those differently and I think that is the goal. And now time is better for the “revealing”, because more people have that materialistic world view. For example, 50 years ago, most people had world view that was not suitable for the “revelation” that is why I think they have waited. Now there is not that many people who really believe in the Bible and are loyal to God, which is why time is better for this kind of stuff.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I don't think I have ever brought up UFO's when sharing the gospel with an unbeliever! So I do not know what you are getting at. All I am saying is that God did not reveal one way or the oither if He created life on other planets (I personally think He didn't) But if He did- Jesus is their Lord and if they do not acknowledge HIm as such I will stand against them! That is all hypothetical responses to a what if....
I have had this topic brought up during discussion on Christianity with non believers.. It is actually a common one.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
It is acknowledged that small things can move faster than big things. However, that wouldn't necessarily conclude that it comes from some planet system beyond our own.
For all we know, some geek somewhere has figured out how to soup up a miniature flying object then when the jet-fighter gets in range, they make contact and have a little fun.

The idea of it being evidence of ETA's is still, in my view, strongly within the conspiracy theory category.

For the sake of argument, if the UFO was made by a visiting ET.. I would think that such a being wouldn't bother with having some fun dog-fighting maneuvers with our state of the art military airplanes.
But in an ambassadorial role, they'd instead be focused on contacting our government leaders for a chat.. or else be seriously attacking our jet-fighters with midget yet powerfully destructive missiles coming out of their miniature UFO's.

But maybe that's just me.
Actually, from what I understand, in the video clip the air force pilot stated that it was "not of this world" due to the maneuvers it was making and the speeds at which it was making them.

Pretty sure that an air force pilot would know these things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually, from what I understand, in the video clip the air force pilot stated that it was "not of this world" due to the maneuvers it was making and the speeds at which it was making them.

Unless it was an experimental air craft from like Area 51 that they are tesitng exotic stuff! Dromnes can do almost a 180 near instantaneously.

But like I said- it doesn't disturb me in the least if there is life on other planets. If they do not acknowledge Jesus (or whatever linguistic derivative used) as Lord- they are to be resisted!

I find it amusing though that all we have is some eyewitness accounts and grainy photos and that is about all for ufo's. The nearest star they say that could have life on it is 180 light years away! So this alien would need at least 180 years to get here(if they have light speed travel) and they do nto make them selves obviously known? Their technology would be generations ahead of ours!!!!

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Unless it was an experimental air craft from like Area 51 that they are tesitng exotic stuff! Dromnes can do almost a 180 near instantaneously.

But like I said- it doesn't disturb me in the least if there is life on other planets. If they do not acknowledge Jesus (or whatever linguistic derivative used) as Lord- they are to be resisted!

I find it amusing though that all we have is some eyewitness accounts and grainy photos and that is about all for ufo's. The nearest star they say that could have life on it is 180 light years away! So this alien would need at least 180 years to get here(if they have light speed travel) and they do nto make them selves obviously known? Their technology would be generations ahead of ours!!!!
The air force pilot was tracking it and it was doing things that are impossible inside of our physical laws.

One theory is that they are altering space/time.

Again, if an air force pilot describes it as "not from this world" I'm not about to contradict that and say it's just new technology..

I have a drone... It's awesome... but cannot turn like even a jet fighter. Jet fighters can only pull some many G's.... or things come apart, fuel won't flow... men black out... the list goes on.

These are evil demonic entities trying to deceive mankind, probably with high up men and women as their aide... acting like they are from beings from other galaxies... or as the story goes. Which.... is easily used to contradict biblical scripture and principals.

Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

The phrase used "it's out of this world" can be spoken loosely in an attempt to describe what is astonishing to the person. It need not imply that it really is from some other planet in our universe.. that is assumed, without any evidence, to be inhabited.. somehow.. oh, wait.. it was by another unassisted occurrence of evolution.. which is not something to subscribe to.. at least for a Christian who believes the Bible.

For one thing, there is no clear evidence that it is made by an ET who, what?, is in hiding somewhere on this earth for some unknown reason? And if so, why doesn't some alien seeking special task force .. by now.. go out to track them down? Why on earth would the authorities be doing nothing?.. or, maybe it's all a black ops that no one knows about. Except the media is telling everyone about the encounters with that UFO.

Does any of the reports about this sound strange.. open ended.. in that it leaves everyone with having to stretch the meaning of words to fit a narrative.

In my book, what it isn't saying .. is not a way to try to base a sound case upon.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
There are lots of things in "God's creation" that we should have a healthy respect for in the topic of being threatened. All of which we are warned of, in the scriptures, and can be handled with the Armor of God given in Ephesians 6:11.

I believe we should be aware of anything that is being presented, as truth, that isn't truth.
When I say "threatened" I mean it doesn't make me doubt the bible or doubt God. That is what the OP means as well. There are some people who simply think it's impossible for there to be life anywhere in the universe but on this planet. If they find even fossilized bacteria on Mars, they can only claim that it's a lie, or that Satan put it there to trick people (last I knew Satan couldn't create things), but if we were contacted by extraterrestrial life, in the flesh, there's only so long that they can hide their head in the sand and deny what's plain to see in front of them before their entire worldview and faith breaks, because they put limits on God's ability to create, declaring an absence of scripture about such things to be meaning they're impossible and God couldn't have created them, so how are they there? Maybe they stop believing in God entirely. That's along the line of atheist thinking, atheists don't take the bible as evidence of God's existence, and so they take the absence of "proof" of God's existence as "proof" that He does not exist.
For me, it's not going to break me if the unlikely event happens, because if it does happen, I just attribute it to there not being limits to God's power to create, and that creating more life in this universe than on Earth would glorify Him, so I'd accept that. Anything like that, I just think "wow, God created even more than we ever knew about, that's awesome!"

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have had this topic brought up during discussion on Christianity with non believers.. It is actually a common one.

Maybe it is more where you live as the only time I find this topic is on this board or odd places on Youtube. There are many alien cults in the US, last time this topic came up I posted the 'top 10' You do know that the US is the hot spot for alien cults?
If this is a common belief where you are, by all means, incorporate it into witnessing but I have never in my whole 53 years heard preaching incorporate anything about aliens into the gospel message. Only perhaps as a passing joke or in reference to "beam me up Scotty" or some such light-hearted banter.

My experience is that it is evolution that posses a much greater threat, and of course, aliens slide right into evolution because people who believe everything evolved by chance random processes are far more likely to also believe it evolved on other planets as well.
The Bible clearly teaches that demons are real and will try to deceive. The Bible also talks about the Nephilim in Genesis 6 which many like to ignore along with the rest of Genesis, but I see Genesis as being the foundation. It is foundational to many doctrines and Biblical principles including Satan and demons.

People are still driven by the same basic things they always have been; greed and pride. Satan has always used a distorted mirror of what God wants or is or asks for. God said "but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die." So Satan came along and said “You will not surely die,” the serpent told her. 5“For God knows that in the day you eat of it, your eyes will be opened and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” he distorted what God said.
We then see God bring about animal sacrifice in the Old Testament for sin as a type of shadow of Christ. Meanwhile, Satan had tribes sacrificing people.
Modern man is tempted by the idea of meeting people from other planets and visiting them, why would Satan not take advantage of that? One thing these alien cults share is the belief that one day the aliens will beam them up and take them away. Notice how the idea of being beamed away by aliens parallels the second coming of Christ and the taking away of the church? If God said something one way be sure Satan has his own distorted version of it. Nothing has changed.

Upvote 0