Does the recently confirmed existence of UfO's pose a threat to Christianity?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Might not disprove God - but would the story telling that comes with UFOs - destroy the Christian narrative in terms of trying to get an unbeliever - one who is not Christian - to accept the Gospel if he/she is starting from full acceptance of the UFO narrative as "legit"?
A foundation of quicksand, hmmmm...... is it okay to build upon that ?!

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I think those are man made systems, not alien.

The problem with the man-made option is that these sightings by our military are cases where the objects are in or near military air space, are "on display" for days or weeks at a time and exhibit characteristics in flight centuries beyond our own. So why would a top-secret Russian or Chinese project want to constantly "out itself" specifically in front of our military for the past 20 years? When we ourselves have not yet "discovered" the top secret program that our adversaries have?

There is no such thing in all of the existence of the U.S. were our adversaries where so persistent and dedicated to exposing their own top secret programs specifically in front of our military, while not claiming credit for them.

One could argue that when the U.S. dropped the A-bomb and tested the H-bomb they did it so all the world could see -- but that would be a case of slapping our name on the technology and telling everyone we had it so don't mess with us. In that case it is clear that it is being exposed and why.

But, I believe in the Bible and Bible speaks of angels and other spiritual beings. I think people who are not Christian may see them as alien or extraterrestrial, or extra-dimensional beings.

Which then leads to the OP videos. if the non-Christian accepts the narrative as "science fact" then what is their incentive to accept Christianity and declare that UFO fact to "be of the devil" when it is supposedly accepted science observation fact?

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If aliens ever do land on Earth, in plain view for all to see on television, then such an event would almost certainly cause some to lose their faith. However, as I have said before, the existence of intelligent life elsewhere in the Universe would do nothing at all to disprove the existence of God.
While the reports confirm superior intelligence, they also confirm greatly inferior morals.

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Might not disprove God - but would the story telling that comes with UFOs - destroy the Christian narrative in terms of trying to get an unbeliever - one who is not Christian - to accept the Gospel if he/she is starting from full acceptance of the UFO narrative as "legit"?
You may well be correct.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟218,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Respectfully, Jipsah, with everyone and their brother holding a camera and video recorder in their pockets... as cell phones... the number of UFO sightings and recordings has grown exponentially.
Which still doesn't mean gthat any flying thing we don't recognize is a flying saucer. That is simply ridiculous.
There is a site that investigates them and vets them as fake or unexplained... i
And concludes that if they're unexplained, then they must be flying saucers? If so, then it's utter nonsense.

. not swamp gas, not airplanes....
We know that swamp gas at least actually exists. Flying saucers? We have no such knowledge.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RickardoHolmes

Aug 10, 2015
✟84,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lessee - homey sees some silvery flying thing, can't tell what it is. The probability is that it's A)an airplane, B) and experimental high performance flying think, C) some other fairly mundane thing if you could see it clearly, D) aliens from another galaxy or demons from hell. Anyone who picks D has serious problems with logic.
AND if you read the works of Michio Kaku, one of my favorite futurists, the energy required for such a phenomenon is currently greater than our technology today can allow.

I have always said that just because something is a UFO does not mean it is Aliens. But it does make for great ideas and good stories.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟218,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
turns out - the Navy did not make an official statement in September saying that "swamp gas is a form of UFO". And swamp gas has never been clocked accelerating to 20 times the speed of sound.
Ah, I see. Any flying thing you can't identify, and isn't swamp gas, must be a flying saucer driven either by spacemen or demons. Got it.

Michio Kaku 3:49 burden of proof shifts to UFO denier.
Denier of what, precisely? That people see aerial objects they can't identify? Of course they do, all the time. The Navy even says so. It's the claim that such things must necessarily be spaceships or demons is really too goofy to be taken seriously.

You take your "identification" of unidentified flying objects as a matter of faith. You "know", without evidence, that they must be spacemen or devils. It may well be a tenet of your religion, I don't know. But to me it makes as little sense as believing people who look strange to you must be devils. Same mindset, really.

Reactions: ViaCrucis
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟218,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The question in the OP is now that those "flying things" are officially acknowledged (a change that they admit they are making from their prior policy) what is the impact on the ability to evangelize the public for those who insist this is a very advance form of swamp gas?
I posted one of my UFO sightings here, a seemingly hypersonic craft leaving a string-of-pearls contrail, that meets the description of no aircraft from that time that I have ever found. (And I've looked). Using your logic, it must necessarily have been either a flying saucer, a demonic manifestion, or swamp gas. So which was it? What kind of theological ramifications does it have? If it was spacemen, should we be arming against them, welcoming them as the Bearers of True Enlightenment, or extending them a civil greeting but keeping a wary eye on 'em? If it was demons, then to hell with 'em. I don't think swamp gas adequately explains its behavior. What say you?

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
UFO = unidentified flying object.
UFO =/= aliens/demons/flying spaghetti monsters

Acknowledging that there is unexplained phenomenon means that there is unexplained phenomenon.

If it was confirmed that UFO's were otherworldly visitors, then they wouldn't be UFOs, they'd be IFOs, identified flying objects.

That "unidentified" part is critically important.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Which still doesn't mean gthat any flying thing we don't recognize is a flying saucer. That is simply ridiculous.
Many things are explained... however many do things that is not possible with our technology.. My point was that things once written off as swamp gas or drunken hallucinations... are now on video.

And concludes that if they're unexplained, then they must be flying saucers? If so, then it's utter nonsense.

Many are found to be hoaxes... fabricated... that is what is meant by "explained". Many are plain supernatural and "unexplained".

We know that swamp gas at least actually exists. Flying saucers? We have no such knowledge.
Obviously..... as expected.... you sat in front of your computer and responded, without checking out the site...

How does that go? Don't comment on something you haven't explored?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I think those are man made systems, not alien. But, I believe in the Bible and Bible speaks of angels and other spiritual beings. I think people who are not Christian may see them as alien or extraterrestrial, or extra-dimensional beings.
I agree except they are not "man made systems"

Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The letters "UFO" are too closely associated with extraterrestrial (highly intelligent) beings from another part of the galaxy.
Atheism allows for such beings due to their evolutionary doctrine.

However, the Bible focuses it's attention on the earth, speaking of God who has made Man in His own image. From that I conclude that there is no other greater intelligent life anywhere else.

Therefore, the use of "UFO" by any trusted branch of the media.. is according to the non conspiracy theory usage, unidentified flying objects.

There is nothing of man that is a threat to Christ, nor His Body.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Firstly most people don't give much thought to UFO's. I don't see it as a huge stumbling block to the unbeliever. What is a huge stumbling block is creation since science has 'proved' it didn't happen. Since people these days tend to believe God wasn't even needed to create complex life forms I hardly think aliens matter. Anyway, nobody comes to faith unless God calls them and their hearts are open.

• Agree
Reactions: Jipsah
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Firstly most people don't give much thought to UFO's. I don't see it as a huge stumbling block to the unbeliever.

Seriously? Have you ever tried to share the gospel with some unbeliever that thought that UFOs were legit science confirmed?

What is a huge stumbling block is creation since science has 'proved' it didn't happen.

Certainly I agree that that one is a huge road block to unbelievers when they look at the Bible, the Gospel the book of Genesis the fall of Adam etc, if they can't shake the notion that humans evolved from bacteria instead of the Bible account for creation and the fall of man.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The letters "UFO" are too closely associated with extraterrestrial (highly intelligent) beings from another part of the galaxy.
Atheism allows for such beings due to their evolutionary doctrine.

Agreed. It fits the atheist paradigm - but could be a problem for someone trying to share the gospel with someone who thinks that UFOs are "science fact" as of Sept 2019 as Michio Kaku has also seemed to admit.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Acknowledging that there is unexplained phenomenon means that there is unexplained phenomenon.

No doubt "Something unexplained" the OP however points to a "change" and as that OP video points out with Michio Kaku - the "burden of proof has shifted" since that Sept confirmation about UFOs.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I have always said that just because something is a UFO does not mean it is Aliens.

When it dogfight-out-maneuvers our best jet fighters - zips off over the horizon "and back" in 2 or 3 second period of time - and did it 15 years ago with ability that is still a century beyond our best today... it simply means it is "very incredibly talented/gifted/advanced" but "from where" is another question.

Of course that is just the video/radar track/ evidence we have at this point - there is probably a lot more where that came from -- but my point is not that some ability "exists" my point is that unbelievers who take this "UFOs just became science fact" POV might be a little more difficult to reach with the gospel.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Firstly most people don't give much thought to UFO's. I don't see it as a huge stumbling block to the unbeliever.

I disagree with this.. UFO's and aliens are contrary to the biblical narrative of a creator, a savior and revelation. Saying that it doesn't... is dangerous.

What is a huge stumbling block is creation since science has 'proved' it didn't happen.
Science wishes it could prove it didn't happen. However, they still cannot produce life, protein or DNA from a nothing.. It's a bust.

Since people these days tend to believe God wasn't even needed to create complex life forms I hardly think aliens matter.
See, already people don't believe God was needed... which, if evolution was true, would be true itself..then beings on other planets is right up the same story line.

Add that "aliens" are demons and fallen angels... inter dimensional beings that parallel the bible... now you are getting them back on track.

Anyway, nobody comes to faith unless God calls them and their hearts are open.

Absolutely 100% True.... two thumbs way up......

Upvote 0