Does the blood of the New Covenant wash away the iniquities of Gentiles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GLJCA

Jan 2, 2005
Louisiana
✟1,608.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
eph3Nine said:
Not today, GLJCA...I've got turkey to eat and people to see. Have a nice Thanksgiving.:wave:

Same to you. Except that I am at work. I will not be able to have my turkey until this evening. God Bless you and your family.

GLJCA

Upvote 0

eph3Nine

Mid Acts, Pauline, Dispy to the max!
Nov 7, 2005
In the hills of Tennessee
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
GLJCA said:
Same to you. Except that I am at work. I will not be able to have my turkey until this evening. God Bless you and your family.

GLJCA

Yours too...sorry you have to work on a holiday...bummer.

Upvote 0

GLJCA

Jan 2, 2005
Louisiana
✟1,608.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So Eph3, have you been able to come up with scriptures on that other covenant that you were talking about? You made the statement that there was another covenant besides the New Covenant. I guess you were hinting that we could be in this other covenant. Hopefully you can provide scripture showing this covenant.

GLJCA

Upvote 0

eph3Nine

Nov 7, 2005
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nahh....You just seem interested in circular reasoning and in disproving what the scriptures teach. I have a life and don't wish to keep going over things that you are using to fuel the flames of your desire to discount dispensational theology.

You will have to find another playground....well, darn...

You see we are told NOT to strive with those who really have no interest in the FULL assurance of understanding, or those who REFUSE to acknowledge the Mystery. Youve been given adequate information to change your mind. I, for one, would suggest doing so, but then thats just wishful thinking on my part, Im sure.

Have a great day.

Upvote 0

xenia

Contributor
Jan 2, 2004
Ultimate West
✟26,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

This is somewhat disappointing. The existence of this extra covenant seems to me to be what would make or break your system. If there is no extra covenant besides the New Covenant then it seems that no one can be saved at the present time.

Well, maybe it will be included in the book you are sending me.

God bless,
Xenia

Upvote 0

eph3Nine

Nov 7, 2005
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
xenia said:
This is somewhat disappointing. The existence of this extra covenant seems to me to be what would make or break your system. If there is no extra covenant besides the New Covenant then it seems that no one can be saved at the present time.

Well, maybe it will be included in the book you are sending me.

God bless,
Xenia

There is no EXTRA covenant...the covenant was a marriage agreement between Israel and God. It doesnt make or break MY system cuz its NOT mine...LOL.

We arent saved by any covenant...we are in the age of GRACE and the agreement given to us by God doesnt take TWO persons agreeing to it to make it so. NOW God gives the dispensation of GRACE where HE has done it ALL and the only thing left for us to do is to BELIEVE IT.

We got off onto a tangent here, and that was the purpose of the poster...to confuse and get OFF track.

Upvote 0

eph3Nine

Nov 7, 2005
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
GLJCA said:
Have you been able to come up with scriptures on that other covenant that you were talking about? You made the statement that there was another covenant besides the New Covenant. I guess you were hinting that we could be in this other covenant. Hopefully you can provide scripture showing this covenant.

GLJCA

Nope...I thot I remembered a teaching on that somewhere, but I dont know where to find it now...so please disregard.

The issue still remains that the covenants being spoken of here, have to do with the nation Israel alone.

Acts 3:25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

Acts 7:8 And he gave him the covenant of circumcision: and so Abraham begat Isaac, and circumcised him the eighth day; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat the twelve patriarchs.

Romans 9:4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

Romans 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.(Israel is still awaiting her sins being taken away at a FUTURE time)

Ephesians 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Hebrews 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.(God again speaking to the NATION Israel...we are gone here)

Hebrews 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. (The first covenant required the obedience of the NATION...the second covenant God will write his laws upon their HEARTS, and wont be dependent on Israels PERFORMANCE)

Hebrews 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

Hebrews 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

Upvote 0

Dispy

Veteran
Jan 16, 2004
South Dakota
✟4,680.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
GLICA:
The old and new covenant is made with A SPECIFIC nation - Israel. It consists of the house of Israel and the house of Judah.

The Body of Christ is not a part of any nation. It's membership is made up of individual believers from every nation. That membership has no national identity.

In OT times, for one that was a Gentile and wanted to serve the true and living God of Israel, that one had to become a Jew (proselyte) place themselves under the Laws of Moses, in order to recieve all of Israel's blessings. By you reasoning it kinda sounds to me like those Gentile proselytes were already grafted into Israel already, although the Bible doesn't use that term. They will received the same benefits of the Jews, which include inheritance into the kingdom established here upon earth.

So, according to your way of thinking, Who are the members of "the wild olive tree" that were grafted into Israel.? If they are the same as the Gentiles that wanted to serve the true and living God back in the OT, Why is Paul even bringing it up now? WHAT CHANGED?

According to Romans 11:7-12, Israel is set aside. Verse 25 says that it is only temporary, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Now it appears to me, that one of two situations exist today. 1. Either Israel, as a nation is set aside, and God is not dealing with that nation as His favorite people. Or 2. Israel consist of the believing branches of the olive tree, and the grafted in branches (believing Gentiles) make up Isreal today.

Now I believe that #1 is correct. I understand that "the fulness of the Gentiles be come in," has to do with the rapture of the Chruch, the Body of Christ. That has to do with believing "set aside" Jews and Gentiles will be raptured to heaven, to "...ever be with the Lord" (1Thess.4:17)

Then, "And so all Israel shall be saved saved: as it is written..." (vs. 26). This apparently happens after the rapture of the Church, the Body of Christ.

If No.2 is true, then vss 25, and 26 make no sense to me.

If the new covenant of Jeremiah 31:33,34 is already in effect, I cannot see any evidence of it. PLEASE show me the evidence. Especially in your life. Aren't you trying to teach us something? Are all of God's Laws written on your heart, so you don't even have to do any studying to know them? Just wondering.

God Bless.
Live Well, Laugh Often and Love the Lord!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.