AND JESUS SAID TO THE WOMAN , GO AND SIN NO MORE IN JOHN 8:10 !!

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Just to clarify any answer , are you saying that we have to keep the MOSAIC LAW ??

dan p
Indeed, our salvation is from sin would be incomplete if were only saved from the penalty of our sin while we continued to live in sin, so there must also be an aspect of our salvation from sin that we are experiencing in the present, which is the experience of living in obedience to the Mosaic Law. It is by the Mosaic Law that we have knowledge of what sin is (Romans 3:20), so the position that we don't need to obey it is the position that we don't need salvation from sin. In Titus 2:11-13, our salvation is described as being trained by grace to do what is godly, righteous, and good and to renounce doing what is ungodly, so we are not required to have first obeyed the Mosaic Law in order to earn our salvation as the result and we are not required to obey it as the result of having first been saved, but rather God graciously teaching us how to experience do those works in obedience to the Mosaic Law is intrinsically the content of His gift of saving us from not having that experience.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Indeed, our salvation is from sin would be incomplete if were only saved from the penalty of our sin while we continued to live in sin, so there must also be an aspect of our salvation from sin that we are experiencing in the present, which is the experience of living in obedience to the Mosaic Law. It is by the Mosaic Law that we have knowledge of what sin is (Romans 3:20), so the position that we don't need to obey it is the position that we don't need salvation from sin. In Titus 2:11-13, our salvation is described as being trained by grace to do what is godly, righteous, and good and to renounce doing what is ungodly, so we are not required to have first obeyed the Mosaic Law in order to earn our salvation as the result and we are not required to obey it as the result of having first been saved, but rather God graciously teaching us how to experience do those works in obedience to the Mosaic Law is intrinsically the content of His gift of saving us from not having that experience.
And in Phil 3:5 concerning the the LAW a Pharisee !!

and in verse 6 in the LAW , having become FAULTESS

And SAUL / PAUL is just 3 in the NEW TESTAMENT , called FAULTLESS .

My question then , how was Paul saved ??

#1 Saved by GRACE ?

#2 Saved by Circumcision ?

#3 Saved by being Pharisee ?

What think you ??

dan p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
And in Phil 3:5 concerning the the LAW a Pharisee !!

and in verse 6 in the LAW , having become FAULTESS

And SAUL / PAUL is just 3 in the NEW TESTAMENT , called FAULTLESS .

My question then , how was Paul saved ??

#1 Saved by GRACE ?

#2 Saved by Circumcision ?

#3 Saved by being Pharisee ?

What thing you ??

dan p
In Psalms 119:29-30, he wanted to put false ways far from him, for God to be gracious to him by teaching him to obey the Mosaic Law, and he chose the way of faith by setting it before him, so this has always been the one and only way of salvation by grace through faith.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,082.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Plus in Rom 7:6 sys that we were RELEASED from the LAW .
“For the law of the spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.” — Romans 8:2.

We serve in the new way of the Spirit, meaning we serve through the power of God's Holy Spirit with us, a power we did not have access to before.

David talks about this in Psalm 119. He talks about his love for the law of God given for our benefit and well being.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,082.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Plus in Rom 7:6 sys that we were RELEASED from the LAW
Try to read that a little bit closer, we are told: "22Because of this oath, Jesus has become the guarantee of a better covenant." You act like we do not have a covenant with God, because you are wrong, we have even a better covenant then they had before. God expects more from us, not less as you would apply. A covenant means if we do our part then God will do His part. My wife says do your best and God will do the rest. You act like there is no law. If you play you will pay. I remember when I went through rehab and people had the attitude they could eat whatever they want to eat. WRONG.

This reminds me of Dr Dino who thinks the law does not apply to him and he was sentenced to 10 years in prison and his wife was sentenced to one year. Even though he believes he is free from the law. Not only mans law, but the laws of science and God's law.

Fast Food's Effects on 8 Areas of the Body

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Try to read that a little bit closer, we are told: "22Because of this oath, Jesus has become the guarantee of a better covenant." You act like we do not have a covenant with God, because you are wrong, we have even a better covenant then they had before. God expects more from us, not less as you would apply. A covenant means if we do our part then God will do His part. My wife says do your best and God will do the rest. You act like there is no law. If you play you will pay. I remember when I went through rehab and people had the attitude they could eat whatever they want to eat. WRONG.

This reminds me of Dr Dino who thinks the law does not apply to him and he was sentenced to 10 years in prison and his wife was sentenced to one year. Even though he believes he is free from the law. Not only mans law, but the laws of science and God's law.

Fast Food's Effects on 8 Areas of the Body
In your first line you mention a ( BETTER COVENANT )

#1 Can explain , with a verse what a " BETTER COVENANT MEANS "" ??

#2 And here is a list ,and is it the OLD COVENANT ??

# 3 Or is it the NEW COVENANT ??

#4 Or maybe the DAVIDIC COVENANT ?

#5 Or is it the PALESTIAN COVENANT ?

#6 Anyone that reads Rom 13:8 LOVE loving each other FULFILLED the Law

#7 For you shall not commit adultery you shall not commit murder , you shall not steal , and there are more in that verse 9 !!

#8 It is summed up in this word , namely , You shall love your neighbor as YOURSELVES .

dan p

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
In your first line you mention a ( BETTER COVENANT )

#1 Can explain , with a verse what a " BETTER COVENANT MEANS "" ??

#2 And here is a list ,and is it the OLD COVENANT ??

# 3 Or is it the NEW COVENANT ??

#4 Or maybe the DAVIDIC COVENANT ?

#5 Or is it the PALESTIAN COVENANT ?

#6 Anyone that reads Rom 13:8 LOVE loving each other FULFILLED the Law

#7 For you shall not commit adultery you shall not commit murder , you shall not steal , and there are more in that verse 9 !!

#8 It is summed up in this word , namely , You shall love your neighbor as YOURSELVES .

dan p
The position that we should obey the greatest two commandments is also the position that we should obey the commandments that hang on them. So if we love God and our neighbor, then we won’t commit murder, idolatry, adultery, theft, kidnapping, rape, favoritism, and so forth for the rest of the Mosaic Law. If some for example though the we just need to obey the command to love our neighbor, so we don’t need to obey the command against favoritism, then they would not be correctly understanding what it means to love our neighbor.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The position that we should obey the greatest two commandments is also the position that we should obey the commandments that hang on them. So if we love God and our neighbor, then we won’t commit murder, idolatry, adultery, theft, kidnapping, rape, favoritism, and so forth for the rest of the Mosaic Law. If some for example though the we just need to obey the command to love our neighbor, so we don’t need to obey the command against favoritism, then they would not be correctly understanding what it means to love our neighbor.
So what is the " BETTER COVENANT " that you mentioned and would be pleased to see a verse that says what it means , so take your time .

dan p

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
So what is the " BETTER COVENANT " that you mentioned and would be pleased to see a verse that says what it means , so take your time .

dan p
The Mosaic Covenant is eternal (Exodus 31:14-17, Leviticus 24:8), so the only way that it can be replaced by a better covenant is of the better covenant does everything that the Mosaic Covenant does plus more, which is what it means to make something obsolete (Hebrews 8:13). So the New Covenant still involves following the Mosaic Law (Hebrews 8:10) plus it is better insofar as it is based on better promises and has a superior mediator (Hebrews 8:6).

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Mosaic Covenant is eternal (Exodus 31:14-17, Leviticus 24:8), so the only way that it can be replaced by a better covenant is of the better covenant does everything that the Mosaic Covenant does plus more, which is what it means to make something obsolete (Hebrews 8:13). So the New Covenant still involves following the Mosaic Law (Hebrews 8:10) plus it is better insofar as it is based on better promises and has a superior mediator (Hebrews 8:6).
And the CONTEXT is all Israel , period !!

And is Ex 31:14-17 , you BETTER kept the SABBATH , or DIE , and do you that being KEPT TODAY ? I think NOT !!

And in Lev 24:8 , hat does the HEBREW word EVERLASTING // OLAM means , LONG DURATION !!

Try looking up the Greek word ETERNAL // AION and its meaning ??

Try the Greek for AGE // AION

Or try the Greek word for AGE ??

Let me see what you found ??

dan p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟10,241.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I stand with what Paul wrote in 2 Tim 2:15 to RIGHTLY divide the WORD of Truth .

Acts 15:10 Peter says , Now therefore , why do you TEST God to put a YOKE upon the neck of the disciples , which NEITHER OUR fathers nor we have been ABLE TO BEAR !!

So is Peter wrong ?

Who's context is right ?

dan p
Peter in 15:10, not Paul. Peter would never say such a thing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟10,241.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I mean all the 613 Laws .

There were 365 laws

And 248 that were Laws to keep Israel clean and all the Laws were a BACK-BRAKER to keep !

DAN
Dan, The 10 commandments written on the tablets of Stone by the HAND OF GOD and given to MOSES and placed INSIDE the ARK OF THE COVENANT and are FOREVER. The the Law of Moses was placed OUTSIDE of the ARK of the covenant;
Deu 31:26 Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.

Many of these laws were for the Isaelites and given because of their lawlessness as a witness against them and cannot be followed today they were temporary. Christ fulfilled these laws he was the ultimate sacrifice.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And you believe that Heb 8:10 says that the New COVENANT is for the house of Israel ??

It does not say it is for the BODY OF CHRIST . does IT ??

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

dan p

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I agee that salvation is a free gift, which means that it does not require any works in order to earn it as the result, however, works can be done for any number of purposes other than in order to earn salvation as the result, so that fact that salvation is a free gift does not mean that it does not require works. For example, there can be works that are required to take possession of a gift and works that are part of the content of what the gift is.

For instance, someone could put a DVD out on the curb for free, which would require someone to do the work of going to the curb in order to take possession of it and the work of watching it in order to experience the movie. Someone could give the gift of the opportunity to experience driving a Ferrari for an hour, which would someone to do the work of going to the dealership in order to take possession of it and the work of driving it in order to have that experience. In both cases, the fact that they require work does not detract from the fact that it was given for free.

The gift of our salvation is from sin and it is by the Mosaic Law that we have knowledge of what sin is, so the experience of being an obeyer of it is intrinsically part of what the gift of of being saved from not being an obeyer of it is and it is not the case that obeying it is the result of having first been saved. In Titus 2:11-13, it doesn't say that we will do those works as the result of having first been saved, but rather it describes the content of God's gift of salvation as being trained by grace to do those works, so again it is part of what the gift of salvation is. When someone is being an obeyer of the Mosaic Law, then the significance is not that it is part of something that they are required to have done first in order to result in their salvation or that it is the result of having first been saved, but rather the significance is that they are expressing faith and it is by that faith we are being saved from not being an obeyer of the Mosaic Law.
You still seem to be objecting to my earlier post somehow, but not specifying what exactly you are objecting to. Perhaps you assume that your explanation will point to what you're objecting to, which is actually the context of your explanation, is it not? It sure would be nice to know the context of this explanation, as it might be easier to understand what you're saying. I don't know whether or not you're saying that obedience to the law is required in addition to faith in Jesus for salvation. Is this what you're saying? (then salvation would not be a free gift).

It seems to me that when salvation (from sin and from God's wrath) is embraced as a free gift, the only "action" required is a change of mind or attitude. It's a transition from following one's own heart to following the commands of Jesus, and specifically to love others (with a godly love). Rom. 3:20-21 says that righteousness of God comes from God to us through faith in Jesus. To me this means that I have to abandon my natural human desire to be righteous in and of myself, and to look to God to make me righteous. Do you agree?

In effect, when the salvation issue is completely taken care of by God, I no longer love others (or obey laws) in fear of death or punishment (or in fear of losing salvation), but the motivation for loving others is purely a concern for their well being, and a concern for God being glorified (His true nature being revealed).

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Try looking up these 3 words ?

#1 meaning of Eternal // AION

#2 meaning of EVERLASTING // AIDIOS

#3 meaning AGE // AION

And see what you see ??

dan p
When you hide behind words, how can I see what you see? Can you please specifically speak your point?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums