Does the Bible Prohibit Pre-Marital Sex?

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I guess I've been married longer than you,
so I do know what marriage is all about.
Inside and out and upside down.

Sex and sexual attraction comes and goes.
Some never have it. Some never experience it.
Marriage is commitment and if you're lucky
includes great sex. But the commitment
is what makes a marriage. I have a close
relationship with God, but no sex.

but those who are considered worthy to attain to that age and to the resurrection from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage, ~Luke 20:35

Hello! We have a close relationship with God but NO marriage because we have NO physical intercourse. The marriage IS the fleshly union.

And do you notice that he says BOTH marry and GIVEN IN MARRAIGE: separating the fleshly union from the marriage CEREMONY.

It is backwards and front both north and south clear that MARRIAGE IS THE FLESHLY UNION.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello! We have a close relationship with God but NO marriage because we have NO physical intercourse. The marriage IS the fleshly union.And do you notice that he says BOTH marry and GIVEN IN MARRAIGE: separating the fleshly union from the marriage CEREMONY.It is backwards and front both north and south clear that MARRIAGE IS THE FLESHLY UNION.

The word fleshly is from the fleshly sins and there is no "fleshly union" in scripture. You making up a concept that doesn't exist in scripture.

"Flesh" is from the idea of sexual sins not marriage.
When marriage is considered, sex is not the issue:
Genesis 2:24
Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

This is comparing the relationship of the wife vs parents, not how hot she is in bed or his sex life with parents or how he sleeps with wife now and not parents.
It has to do with "holding fast" and not sexual foreplay.

Upvote 0

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
The word fleshly is from the fleshly sins and there is no fleshly union.
You making up a concept that doesn't exist in scripture.

"Flesh" is from the idea of sexual sins not marriage.
When marriage is considered, sex is not the issue:
Genesis 2:24
Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

This is comparing the relationship of the wife vs parents, not how hot she is in bed or his sex life with parents or how he sleeps with wife now and not parents.
You are not concerned for the truth of God's word but your own appearance.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are not concerned for the truth of God's word but your own appearance.

I'm not concerned with how you twist scripture, but I quote it instead
worried that I would appear to add to scripture. I agree that is my concern.

1 Peter 2:11 ... abstain from
fleshly lusts

2 Corinthians 1:12 ...not in fleshly wisdom but in the grace of God,

Colossians 2:18 ... inflated without cause by his fleshly mind

1 Corinthians 3:3 .. you are still fleshly. For since there is jealousy and strife among you,
are you not fleshly, and are you

See? No "Fleshly union" concept anywhere in scripture. No, not one:
http://biblehub.net/search.php?q=fleshly

Upvote 0

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not concerned with how you twist scripture, but I quote it instead
worried that I would appear to add to scripture. I agree that is my concern.

1 Peter 2:11 ... abstain from
fleshly lusts

2 Corinthians 1:12 ...not in fleshly wisdom but in the grace of God,

Colossians 2:18 ... inflated without cause by his fleshly mind

1 Corinthians 3:3 .. you are still fleshly. For since there is jealousy and strife among you,
are you not fleshly, and are you

See? No "Fleshly union" concept anywhere in scripture. No, not one:
http://biblehub.net/search.php?q=fleshly
You have no understanding. I've been quoting scripture the entire time and proving that marriage is the fleshly union > the "one flesh." For you to continue arguing in this way is simply embarrassing and shameful.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You have no understanding. I've been quoting scripture the entire time and proving that marriage is the fleshly union > the "one flesh." For you to continue arguing in this way is simply embarrassing and shameful.

And I just did a scripture search and "Fleshly" is mostly about sin.
One other use is about commitment.
So your argument is about abusing scripture rather than taking from it.
I'm never embarrassed about quoting scripture.

100 more verses on the topic:

No mention of "union", but marriage does come up:

https://www.openbible.info/topics/flesh

https://www.openbible.info/topics/fleshly

Upvote 0

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
And I just did a scripture search and "Fleshly" is mostly about sin.
One other use is about commitment.
So your argument is about abusing scripture rather than taking from it.
I'm never embarrassed about quoting scripture.

100 more verses on the topic:

No mention of "union", but marriage does come up:

https://www.openbible.info/topics/flesh

https://www.openbible.info/topics/fleshly
I am stunned at your obtuse handling of the word of God. I've got no more words here. Let the readers understand.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am stunned at your obtuse handling of the word of God. I've got no more words here. Let the readers understand.
Sure. No problem pal. Always glad to help!
I always use the same process for everything.
I search scripture for the correct Truth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nanette fields

Jul 8, 2018
Denver
✟7,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
premarital sex is never condemned in the bible. The church decided that they wanted that standard and has systematically gaslighted anyone who disagrees for decades. adultery is condemned, as in breaking a marriage covenant. openly having multiple simultaneous sexual partners, however, is not. having sex outside of any existing marriage covenant also is not condemned. i've watched the church bully and shame countless people over this and it's simply evil

Upvote 0

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
premarital sex is never condemned in the bible. The church decided that they wanted that standard and has systematically gaslighted anyone who disagrees for decades. adultery is condemned, as in breaking a marriage covenant. openly having multiple simultaneous sexual partners, however, is not. having sex outside of any existing marriage covenant also is not condemned. i've watched the church bully and shame countless people over this and it's simply evil
Whoa, not at all. If you really think you can take that risk with God and you do not fear him, then that is your prerogative. But I would stay far away from you when his judgment comes!

Having sex is marriage. Therefore you are committing adultery by having sex with multiple people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nanette fields

Jul 8, 2018
Denver
✟7,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Whoa, not at all. If you really think you can take that risk with God and you do not fear him, then that is your prerogative. But I would stay far away from you when his judgment comes!

Having sex is marriage. Therefore you are committing adultery by having sex with multiple people.

then how do you explain the biblical institutions of polygamy and having harems?

Upvote 0

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
then how do you explain the biblical institutions of polygamy and having harems?
Because a man was actually able to have multiple WIVES but NONE of those women were allowed to be with another man. That's because the woman receives the fluids of the man but the man does not receive the fluids of the woman. That's why it said:

“If a man divorces his wife and she goes from him and becomes another man’s wife, will he return to her? Would not that land be greatly polluted? You have played the harlot with many lovers; and would you return to me? declares Yahweh. ~Jeremiah 3:1

This is the way it's been. But now we men are commanded to be a husband of one wife as a testament to the faithfulness of God.

Upvote 0

nanette fields

Jul 8, 2018
Denver
✟7,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Not to be rude but have you had sex??? Of course the man receives fluids from the woman. This is a medical fact. Women can transmit diseases and even their own dna into a mans bloodstream through intercourse.

So now I’m wondering if you believe premarital and extramarital sex is fine for men but not women?

Upvote 0

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Not to be rude but have you had sex??? Of course the man receives fluids from the woman. This is a medical fact. Women can transmit diseases and even their own dna into a mans bloodstream through intercourse.

So now I’m wondering if you believe premarital and extramarital sex is fine for men but not women?
I believe in being the husband of one wife, where that wife is the only one you have ever become one flesh with/had sex with/married > all the same thing.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟908,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because a man was actually able to have multiple WIVES but NONE of those women were allowed to be with another man. That's because the woman receives the fluids of the man but the man does not receive the fluids of the woman. That's why it said:

“If a man divorces his wife and she goes from him and becomes another man’s wife, will he return to her? Would not that land be greatly polluted? You have played the harlot with many lovers; and would you return to me? declares Yahweh. ~Jeremiah 3:1

This is the way it's been. But now we men are commanded to be a husband of one wife as a testament to the faithfulness of God.
Whoa! That is some misogynist, revisionist interpretation here. Women couldn't be with more than one man because of sperm? Try again. They were possessions. The rules were written by man.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Whoa! That is some misogynist, revisionist interpretation here. Women couldn't be with more than one man because of sperm? Try again. They were possessions. The rules were written by man.
And still are. But this is the reason that women could not be with multiple partners because a woman was marked by the man as his own. If the man died then it no longer counted.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟908,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And still are. But this is the reason that women could not be with multiple partners because a woman was marked by the man as his own. If the man died then it no longer counted.
Count this as one of many reasons I came the the conclusion that Chtistianity as well as all religious beliefs are frauds.

Upvote 0

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Count this as one of many reasons I came the the conclusion that Chtistianity as well as all religious beliefs are frauds.
Hey if this stops you from having eternal life then you never really believed in that in the first place.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟908,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey if this stops you from having eternal life then you never really believed in that in the first place.
Boilerplate response. You have no clue of my journey. I was heartbroken and empty when I found my truth. But any further discourse on the matter will be fruitless. I have comfort and peace in my current belief. I don't desire eternal life anyway. Living knowing life will end is a comfort. I know all of my deceased loved ones met final peace with their end.

Upvote 0

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Boilerplate response. You have no clue of my journey. I was heartbroken and empty when I found my truth. But any further discourse on the matter will be fruitless. I have comfort and peace in my current belief. I don't desire eternal life anyway. Living knowing life will end is a comfort. I know all of my deceased loved ones met final peace with their end.
It takes faith to understand the things of God, since you would first have to believe he exists.

Upvote 0