• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Does Remaining Anorexic = Loss of Salvation ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 3, 2005
✟15,135.00
Faith
Christian
blessedmomof5 said:
NO.....NO....NO......

the lord loves us even if we are having our struggles right now, eating disorders are a disease, so do you think the Lord would not save us because we are sick? IMO
No, but If we know it's wrong and God does not want us to do it and we keep living like this won't we lose our salvation ? I never said the Lord didn't love us I mean He even loves the saved and the unsaved equally !!!

Upvote 0

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
it is like having a mental illness a chemical imbalance, we do not voluntarily do this to ourselves. If we could we would stop, am i right? we might choose to not accept help, but is that satans way of trying to get TO gods chosen and saved people? he might try, but in the end he will NOT win.....plus i believe you cannot lose salvation........
Denise

Upvote 0

JessT

Aug 2, 2005
Florida
✟113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I also struggle with this feeling. I used to be anerexic and am now in the throes of bulimia. I feel like this is out of my control, but the more i do it, the more God is going to punish me because i know that it's wrong. Not even so much as punishing, i guess, but disciplining. I feel like God is disappointed in me and will have to teach me a lesson because i keep being disobedient, but it's like, i can't help it! i mean, i guess i can, but it's so hard and i'm so confused, every day.

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟122,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
Denise is right …………..you cannot loose your salvation

Ephesians 2:8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Once you are born again you have the seed of God in you …. spiritual seed …holy spirit and as I Peter 1:23 states Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

In the physical you have the seed of your earthly father within you. This physical seed you cannot loose, you may change your name run away from home even totally change your physical appearance but you cannot alter the physical seed within you.

As in your physical family there are times that you may not be obedient to your parents which puts you at odds with them …..or out of fellowship with them …but you are still their seed, even if they disowned you that physical seed cannot be altered.

In Gods spiritual family to which we belong there are times when we will be at odds or out of fellowship with the Father, but the seed remains. We are still part of Gods family just out of fellowship which is why in I John 1:9 it states If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

There is no works we can do for salvation and by the same token no works to keep salvation, it is a gift by Gods grace. The works part comes with developing and maintaining our fellowship with the Father; renewing the mind, walking the walk.

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟122,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
JessT said:
I also struggle with this feeling. I used to be anerexic and am now in the throes of bulimia. I feel like this is out of my control, but the more i do it, the more God is going to punish me because i know that it's wrong. Not even so much as punishing, i guess, but disciplining. I feel like God is disappointed in me and will have to teach me a lesson because i keep being disobedient, but it's like, i can't help it! i mean, i guess i can, but it's so hard and i'm so confused, every day.

JessT

I just got through reading that verse in the book of Tom 1:23 If thou keepeth being disobedient I wilt surely teaches thou a lesson. Because thou hath disappointed me I will punish thou with punishment and discipline thee with thy wrath.

You may be wondering where the book of Tom is ………….it doesn’t exist and neither do the things you say ….that is not our God. He is not like, that He does not do that!!!

Do you remember the story about Jack and The Beanstalk …about the dude who bought the magic bean seeds from Home Depot …watered them with Miracle Grow and the beanstalk grew up to some castle in the sky {revised version} Do you think that was a true story?????? I am hoping you say No ….it’s a fairy tail……. Right! The story is not true and neither is what you think about yourself and your relationship with God. God is love …I know we have heard that a million times but His love, that agapo love is so far beyond what we can comprehend it’s hard for us to even imagine. What you feel is your heart condemning you because you feel like you let God down every time you blow it I truly believe one of the most harmful things you can do to yourself …even worse the purging is to condemn yourself …it completely locks us in self condemning chains of unworthiness …which is totally contrary to everything Jesus Christ accomplished on the cross for us. Our flesh is weak no doubt about that but I want you to know that God does not look at you any less then what his Word says and his Word says you are His masterpiece Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, {masterpiece} created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

The more we put on the Word the more our lives will be changed God knows your weaknesses and is fighting for you not against you so I will implore you above all else to study the Word but know your position in Christ never changes ….you are his daughter and he loves you …………………always …………..in spite of all our human frailty.

I John 3

20: For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
21: Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
22: And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

One of the things that is pleasing in Gods sight is not to condemn yourself

Upvote 0

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ok may i ask is it really making you feel better????? i think not, i do know that i am suffering right now.....so no it does not make you feel better......and everyone falls short of the glory of God, no one is perfect in his eyes.... maybe there is more you need to talk about...i am here to listen, even though i am struggling myself, but i am hear if you ever want to talk, you can pm me anytime.....

Denise

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟122,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
PraiseJesusAlways said:
Yeah but I've heard many Pastors preach that once we know something is wrong and we continue doing it, we are making a choice to do what makes us feel "better" and not what we know God wants us to do !!!

That is true ..... God’s desire is for us to renew our minds according to the Word and to walk in the fullness thereof, so that we can live the abundant life that was made available through Jesus Christ; still that does not affect our salvation, that is a unchangeable position.

The thing about Anorexia and Bulimia is, in and of itself it’s not a sin …it unhealthy and destructive but not a sin ……..but here is where the rip-off really begins.

God designed for us to eat food to nourish our bodies so we can function. Both anorexia and bulimia not only deprives you of that it consumes your thinking and becomes your identity rather then identifying yourself with Christ.

If you deprive yourself of spiritual food {the nourishment that the Word of God provides} your spiritual walk sputters your growth is stifled and you almost can’t help but condemn yourself for not walking according to your calling.

The correlation between the two is…….. if your not nourishing your body to maintain your physical and mental well being, it’s awfully hard to maintain the spiritual because it’s by means of our mental and physical abilities that we feel the spiritual. I am not saying it can’t be done, but upsetting the balance of one definitely affects the other.

With that said your life ..... every breath you take is very precious to your loving God. He has called you by name to be a part of His family.

To overcome any challenges we need to take action, and by that I mean whatever it take so you can enjoy the abundant live he wants you to have. God does not possess so he can’t make you do anything. He is kind of like the trainer in a boxing match of a guaranteed victory. He is in your corner telling you what to do to win the fight. Far greater then a million dollar baby there is no price for the value of your worth. Just take one round at a time and soon you’ll throw the knockout punch and conquer what challenges you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.