SALVATION IS VERY COMPLICATED , IS IT NOT ?

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟961,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Was the thief saved by GRACE ?

Saved by ATONEMENT ?

He was saved because Christ said he was. I doubt the thief cared much about the underpinning mechanism by which his salvation was secured. That is largely of interest only to theologians a couple thousand years later.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He was saved because Christ said he was. I doubt the thief cared much about the underpinning mechanism by which his salvation was secured. That is largely of interest only to theologians a couple thousand years later.
I believe that the THIEF was saved by the atonement , because as Jesus died the VEIL was rent from TOP to BOTTON

and after he died , where did that THIEF end up at ?

He ended up in Paradise .

So where is PARADISE AT NOW , HELP me out ?

dan p

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How are we saved today and we all could write a list on HOW !

#1 Many will say that they have been going to church with their family for years , I have to be saved .

#2 Many will say I was WATER BAPTIZED .

#3 I am saved because I am one of the 144,000 .

#4 I am saved , because I keep the 10 COMMANDMENTS .

#5 Many say that they are BORN AGAIN .

#6 Many believe in a WORK SALVATION .

#7 Many say they are SAVED BY GRACE .

#8 I know that I am saved , because I SPOKE IN TONGUES .

#9 I believe that if all are NOT BAPTIZED FOR THE DEAD , you are not saved .

#10 We should all know how we are saved , right ?

#11 So explain how we are saved today bY GRACE ?

#12 Can we know who was the FIRST PERSON SAVED BY GRACE ?

#13 And how was Peter saved ?

#14 I believe that anyone NOT baptized for the DEAD will not be raosed from the DEAD .

What say you ?

dan p

#
I think we all have a pretty good idea. We turn to God in faith, thus recognizing and accepting Him as our God. From within that relationship, with Him, we're now empowered to walk as His children should, under grace. Fruit in our lives points to and confirms that sonship. At the end of our lives we'll be judged on that fruit, on that love that comes only by fellowship with its Source as we truly remain in and follow Him.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let us avoid excessive use of 'we' and instead direct our focus towards God's words. For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace.
This THIEF grew up in Israel and learning and living under the Law of Moses !!

And how were Israelites saved under the Law of Moses and will some one say How Peter was saved , if anyone knows ??

dan p

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟961,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
This THIEF grew up in Israel and learning and living under the Law of Moses !!

Dan, my Bible does not say where the thief grew up or whether he learned and lived under the Law of Moses - only that he died, how, and with whom.

Upvote 0

BlueSky2023

Apr 12, 2023
( ^◡^)っ
✟10,423.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
And how were Israelites saved under the Law of Moses
Well, they can be saved if they can do the whole law given to Moses. No wonder Christ said that....
Matthew 8:11-12 KJV
And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
If you examine the context, you will realize that the kingdom referred to is Israel.
Weren't they also still waiting for the Messiah, who was supposed to be the first born of all creation, even though they had denied him?

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dan, my Bible does not say where the thief grew up or whether he learned and lived under the Law of Moses - only that he died, how, and with whom.
You say that he did not grow up there ? Will you say how that happened , if you have a verse ?

Most Jews did not believe in a bodily resurrection ?

Why did he , the THIEF than believe Jesus if he was NOT BORN IN Israel and then believe that that same day be in PARADISE ?

And where was PARADISE located as there are 2 PARADISES mentioned in the bible , ?

dan p

dan p

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟961,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You say that he did not grow up there ? Will you say how that happened , if you have a verse ?

I did not say he did not grow up there. I said the Bible doesn't say where he grew up. Nor does it say he was an observant Jew under the law. Your assertion is an assumption. It may be a correct assumption, or it may be incorrect. We don't really know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If that is so , how did that THIEF on the cross say to Jesus , remember me when thou comest into thy KINGDOM ?

Where did the THIEF get that knowledge from if he did not know the LAW OF MOSES ?

dan p

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Much within the NT letters was written to the Jewish believers.
1. They had to be convinced to move on from the Jewish religion.
2. They had to stop trying to convert gentiles to the Jewish way of thinking.

Preaching the gospel to the gentiles seemed to be different, in that they did not have to be "untaught" the law and the ritual aspect of OT. The Law was not given to the gentiles. We are to acknowledge our need for salvation, and believe in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus. Now we are to love our neighbor as ourselves, and live a life in the Spirit. If we do that, any requirements that might have been in the law would be fulfilled anyway. It is not that complicated. It is only as complicated as we make. You do not have to be a Biblical Scholar and read Hebrew and Greek to be saved. Just trust the Lord and walk in the spirit and in love. Be faithful!

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think we all have a pretty good idea. We turn to God in faith, thus recognizing and accepting Him as our God. From within that relationship, with Him, we're now empowered to walk as His children should, under grace. Fruit in our lives points to and confirms that sonship. At the end of our lives we'll be judged on that fruit, on that love that comes only by fellowship with its Source as we truly remain in and follow Him.
There is one that I did NOT mention and that one is ATONEMENT , so how was Israel kept save ?

And how was Peter saved ?
Check out Luke 22:32 and what say you ?

And how was Israel as a NATION kept safe ?

dan p

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
How are we saved today and we all could write a list on HOW !

#1 Many will say that they have been going to church with their family for years , I have to be saved .

#2 Many will say I was WATER BAPTIZED .

#3 I am saved because I am one of the 144,000 .

#4 I am saved , because I keep the 10 COMMANDMENTS .

#5 Many say that they are BORN AGAIN .

#6 Many believe in a WORK SALVATION .

#7 Many say they are SAVED BY GRACE .

#8 I know that I am saved , because I SPOKE IN TONGUES .

#9 I believe that if all are NOT BAPTIZED FOR THE DEAD , you are not saved .

#10 We should all know how we are saved , right ?

#11 So explain how we are saved today bY GRACE ?

#12 Can we know who was the FIRST PERSON SAVED BY GRACE ?

#13 And how was Peter saved ?

#14 I believe that anyone NOT baptized for the DEAD will not be raosed from the DEAD .

What say you ?

dan p

#
What was Peter's answer to the crowd when they asked, "Men and brethren, what shall we do?" And what did Paul say to the Philippian jailor when he asked, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" I would think that Peter and Paul would be the best ones to say how we should be saved, and their answers were very simple.

• Useful
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What was Peter's answer to the crowd when they asked, "Men and brethren, what shall we do?" And what did Paul say to the Philippian jailor when he asked, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" I would think that Peter and Paul would be the best ones to say how we should be saved, and their answers were very simple.
One was How was Peter saved ?

Check out Luke 22:31 , so what say you ?

dan p

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do you interpret Luke 22:31?
Here is what Luke 22:31-32 is saying !!

Verse 32 , I / EGO is a PERSONAL POSSESSIVE PRONOUN , NOMINATIVE CASE and SINGULAR

HAVE PRAYED / DEOMAI , is in the AORIST TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE , and is SINGULAR .

The Greek word THEE / SOU is in the GENITIVE CASE and also SINGULAR .

THE Greek word THY / SOU is the same as the one above .

The Greek FAITH / PISTIS is in the NOMINATIVE CASE , SINGULAR .

The Greek word FAIL / EKIEIPO is in the PRESENT TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE , SUBJUNCATIVE MOOD and SINGULAR

The Greek word NOT/ ME is just one of 4 Greek words that are called DISJUNCATIVE PARTICLE NEGATIVE and means NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT ever happen .

The Greek word WHEN / POTE is also as the one ABOVE , DISJUNCATIVE PARTICLE NEGATIVE

The Greek word THOU / SY is a PERSONAL POSSESSIVE PRONOUN , NOMINATIVE CASE and SINGULAR

The next n Greek word ART CONVERTED / ESPISTREPHP is in the AORIST TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE , PARTICIPLE , NOMINATIVE CASE , and SINULAR

Ans STRENGTHEN / STERIZO , is in the AORIST TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE , and in the IMPERATIVE MOOD which a command to do it .

Strengthen THY / SOU is a PERSONAL POSSESSIVE PRONOUN , IN THE GENTIVE CASE , SINGULAR

Strengthen thy BRETHREN / ADELPHOS , is in the ACCUSATIVE CASE and means LIMITED to those around Peter , is PLURAL .

That is what I see what it means .

dan p

Upvote 0